The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2017, 11:17 AM   #126
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
I think people hear what they want to on either side. I personally never expected it to be some quick deal. And if it was I would expect that to be terrible. If they just left the whole thing in place and removed the regulatory load even that would be a huge help. The regulations we create in this country are strangling production.
The main problem is theres too much profit in the industry. America let that happen and, once that cat is out of the bag, you're never getting it back in. We're screwed either way.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:17 PM   #127
Smiling Assassin27
Concerned Citizen

Blimey me hearties

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pirate Giraffe

Is anybody watching this Trump presser? He's like a pig in sh*t and the media is utterly confused about it all. This dude is either insane in the membrane, doesn't give a ****, or is a genius at playing this game.

'Drugs are now cheaper than candy bars...'

Media is losing their sh*t over that. Of course, when Obama said buying a Glock was easier than getting a library book, nobody batted an eyelash.

Total sh*t show.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:19 PM   #128
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Is anybody watching this Trump presser? He's like a pig in sh*t and the media is utterly confused about it all. This dude is either insane in the membrane, doesn't give a ****, or is a genius at playing this game.

'Drugs are now cheaper than candy bars...'

Media is losing their sh*t over that. Of course, when Obama said buying a Glock was easier than getting a library book, nobody batted an eyelash.

Total sh*t show.
He was criticized for that line. But stop comparing the two. Even if you don't like Obama, he's an intelligent adult. This other guy is a loon.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:06 PM   #129
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
The main problem is theres too much profit in the industry. America let that happen and, once that cat is out of the bag, you're never getting it back in. We're screwed either way.
Technology- We will have virtual drs and pharmacists in no time. Actually a redbox machine for most prescriptions would be faster and better.

A virtual dr would not have the bias of a real one and could process new information instantly. I mean who doesn't search their symptoms on the web before they go to the hospital now?
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 03:58 PM   #130
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
He was criticized for that line. But stop comparing the two. Even if you don't like Obama, he's an intelligent adult. This other guy is a loon.
Yeah, just don't ask him how many states there are
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:04 PM   #131
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Everyone's intelligence is in different areas.

I'd put Obama's knowledge of firearms right up there with Trump's take on street drugs.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:13 PM   #132
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

I'd put Obama's knowledge of firearms right up there with Trump's take on street drugs.
lol, you really need to stop trying to compare Trump and Obama. Did you see that news conference today? Trump is in completely over his head. He's an idiot and a lunatic. Not fit for office. Any hopes that the office would make the man were futile. He's the same guy we saw during the campaign. I know you desperately want to be "right" that he's "not that bad" and somehow "better" than Obama or Hillary. But you're not. You and anyone who voted for him and/or keeps apologizing for him are and were wrong. You just need to come to grips with it, move on, and hope for the best. It's going to be a long, bumpy ride.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:47 PM   #133
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
lol, you really need to stop trying to compare Trump and Obama. Did you see that news conference today? Trump is in completely over his head. He's an idiot and a lunatic. Not fit for office. Any hopes that the office would make the man were futile. He's the same guy we saw during the campaign. I know you desperately want to be "right" that he's "not that bad" and somehow "better" than Obama or Hillary. But you're not. You and anyone who voted for him and/or keeps apologizing for him are and were wrong. You just need to come to grips with it, move on, and hope for the best. It's going to be a long, bumpy ride.
Thats what they don't get. Sure, we disagree with Trumps politics (however they continue to change), but we hate him because he's mentally incompetent, completely in over his head, and has shown zero desire to put in any sort of work.
Obama, regardless of your opinion of him, is intelligent and has an intellectual curiosity. Trump is a blowhard who just wanted to win. He has no interest in actually governing.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:50 PM   #134
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
He's not 'better' than Obama. Never said so. Although on matters of foreign policy, it's not clear yet whether he can really be much worse.

As I said before and will say again. Voting for either Hillary or Trump was a fool's errand. Likely both rolling disasters, but for widely different reasons. All the uprisiing you see from the bureaucracy today would've instead been complacent, accommodating, corrupt silence in the hands of the Clinton machine.

As I said all along, the best bet on Trump is he'll be frustrated at every level and not amount to much. Nobody believed that about Hillary. But it was what she'd 'accomplish' you really had to worry about.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:54 PM   #135
RepentWalpurgis
Ring of Famer

CNN ✔ @CNN
GOP lawmakers react to "riveting television" of Trump's press conference: "We're just trying to manage this s***" http://cnn.it/2lQK074
3:46 PM - 16 Feb 2017
415 415 Retweets 675 675 likes
RepentWalpurgis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:57 PM   #136
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

So, you're honestly saying that when you see Trump speak, you think... "Theres an intelligent, mentally fit man"
Old 02-16-2017, 04:59 PM   #137
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
He's not 'better' than Obama. Never said so. Although on matters of foreign policy, it's not clear yet whether he can really be much worse.

As I said before and will say again. Voting for either Hillary or Trump was a fool's errand. Likely both rolling disasters, but for widely different reasons. All the uprisiing you see from the bureaucracy today would've instead been complacent, accommodating, corrupt silence in the hands of the Clinton machine.

As I said all along, the best bet on Trump is he'll be frustrated at every level and not amount to much. Nobody believed that about Hillary. But it was what she'd 'accomplish' you really had to worry about.
I honestly think that if you think Hillary was an dangerous as whatever this is, you're an idiot.

And i'm no huge fan of hillary.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:00 PM   #138
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So, you're honestly saying that when you see Trump speak, you think... "Theres an intelligent, mentally fit man"
No, but I often find people who don't have a polished, apparent level of intelligence at first glance often have a different kind of intelligence in some other area that goes overlooked.

Although in this case, I'm mostly just making fun of the idea of President Obama having much intelligence at all when it came to firearms. He came off like everything he'd learned about them was told to him by people that hated them.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:02 PM   #139
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I honestly think that if you think Hillary was an dangerous as whatever this is, you're an idiot.

And i'm no huge fan of hillary.
Hillary Hawk + The surveillance state and widespread corruption.

I'm not sold that's any less dangerous than a government largely at odds with itself.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:56 PM   #140
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
No, but...
After "but" comes BS, as the old adage goes.

When the wheels finally come of the crazy train, do you really want to be remembered as a guy who hitched your wagon to it?
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:20 AM   #141
Cascadia Bronco
Seattle = Broncos Country

That guy in Bronco gear in Seattle

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

https://apnews.com/5508111d59554a33be8001bdac4ef830

AP: Trump may send up to 100K National Guardsmen to round up unauthorized immigrants

So this is a thing that might happen
Cascadia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:33 AM   #142
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascadia Bronco View Post
https://apnews.com/5508111d59554a33be8001bdac4ef830

AP: Trump may send up to 100K National Guardsmen to round up unauthorized immigrants

So this is a thing that might happen
DHS denies it.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:37 AM   #143
Bronx33
lets go partner

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von

Quote:
DHS denies it.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...rized-immigran
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:38 AM   #144
Cascadia Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
DHS denies it.
"The draft document has circulated among DHS staff over the last two weeks. As recently as Friday, staffers in several different offices reported discussions were underway."

I would assume they would deny it, and it will actually never happen (I hope) but it seems like this was drafted up by someone in a high capacity at the least.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:40 AM   #145
Cascadia Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Oh and it was Spicer that said it was false from DHS and WH? That dude can't tell the truth to save his life, I need a better source than that.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:53 AM   #146
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascadia Bronco View Post
Oh and it was Spicer that said it was false from DHS and WH? That dude can't tell the truth to save his life, I need a better source than that.
DHS (the agency in charge of immigration enforcement) spokespeople also deny it.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:58 AM   #147
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
DHS (the agency in charge of immigration enforcement) spokespeople also deny it.
Some were rounded up by Obama, but notice not much concern at the time.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:14 AM   #148
Cascadia Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I know they won't actually put it into place because it would be a nightmare PR stunt, but it seems like the draft did get leaked:

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...raft-Memo.html

Also, does this mean Spicer and the DHS lied? Because it may seem that way after this evidence got leaked out.

Last edited by Cascadia Bronco; 02-17-2017 at 11:19 AM..
Old 02-17-2017, 12:00 PM   #149
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Here are two of the executive orders to fight human and drug trafficking. Nothing vague here - -these orders are pretty unambiguous.

No wonder the CIA is at war with Trump.

This order creates a task force to study the crime issue and make recommendations.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...ion-and-public

This order states Trump's policy on human and drug trafficking. It's clear he intends to halt both scourges of our world.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...-transnational
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:16 PM   #150
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Here are two of the executive orders to fight human and drug trafficking. Nothing vague here - -these orders are pretty unambiguous.

No wonder the CIA is at war with Trump.

This order creates a task force to study the crime issue and make recommendations.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...ion-and-public

This order states Trump's policy on human and drug trafficking. It's clear he intends to halt both scourges of our world.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...-transnational
Great news MHG. Thanks for posting!
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote