The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 11:28 AM   #1451
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I agree that Eaton is an outlier although it should be noted that WAS had soured on Giolito, but I don't think Sale is a rape in any way. Sale would have prolly won at least one and maybe more CY Young's already if he was on a team that didn't routinely waste his quality starts. And he's cheap as hell. The price by definition has to be extremely steep.

And I note from what I've read earlier, the package we got wasn't even what CHI originally wanted. They wanted Benintendi from BOS but they said no.
I called Sale an outlier due to him being a rare starter on the market.
It's like if the Dodgers offered up Kershaw. Any trade made for him would be an outlier due to the rarity of the event.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:34 AM   #1452
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
I called Sale an outlier due to him being a rare starter on the market.
It's like if the Dodgers offered up Kershaw. Any trade made for him would be an outlier due to the rarity of the event.
Ahh...Gotcha. I thought you were referring to the return.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:28 PM   #1453
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:

Torres isn't getting dealt. Maybe Mateo and Rutherford, possibly Frazier.

Deal still makes no sense.

They want Robertson to replace Andrew Miller's role, Joe loves to have his relievers set with certain innings roles.
It would be Clippard in the 6th, Robertson in the 7th, Betances in the 8th and Chapman in the 9th.
Yankees just need to stick with their plan of playing the young guys and see if they can develop some offense and situational hitting.

The starting pitching has been erratic, but it has been "good enough" the last few years. They just haven't been able to hit.

All that bullpen firepower doesn't do any good if they can't get a lead.

I don't see any reason for them to be interested in Robertson unless it was to later parlay him into some prospects in a trade deadline deal.

Last edited by WolfpackGuy; 12-28-2016 at 06:30 PM..
Old 12-28-2016, 09:08 PM   #1454
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
Yankees just need to stick with their plan of playing the young guys and see if they can develop some offense and situational hitting.

The starting pitching has been erratic, but it has been "good enough" the last few years. They just haven't been able to hit.

I don't see any reason for them to be interested in Robertson unless it was to later parlay him into some prospects in a trade deadline deal.
Robertson will likely end up on the Nationals, probably for Severino.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:26 PM   #1455
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post

The Yankees like guys they know pitching wise can handle the pressure of NY.
It's why they brought Clippard back, same with Warren.

I don't see them making a deal at this juncture, I think they will load up on young talent and go the way of the Cubs.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:05 AM   #1456
balero
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Diamondbacks Bring Lawsuit To Enable New Stadium Effort
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...w-stadium.html
Old 01-04-2017, 01:54 PM   #1457
balero
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Rangers Aggressively Pursuing Tyson Ross
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...ggressive.html
Old 01-04-2017, 03:14 PM   #1458
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Ken Rosenthal
Ken Rosenthal – Verified account ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: #WhiteSox engaged in daily trade discussions on Quintana. #Pirates, #Astros involved, possibly others. #Yankees appear longshot.

So long as PIT doesn't include Meadows, this will never go anywhere with them. Give me Meadows, Newman, Keller, Diaz.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:53 PM   #1459
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Ken Rosenthal
Ken Rosenthal Verified account ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: #WhiteSox engaged in daily trade discussions on Quintana. #Pirates, #Astros involved, possibly others. #Yankees appear longshot.

So long as PIT doesn't include Meadows, this will never go anywhere with them. Give me Meadows, Newman, Keller, Diaz.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:22 PM   #1460
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Yeah, I think reaching for that Jergens is a little premature there, Scribe. I think the Sox and Yanks have been in leak/leverage mode back and forth this whole time. I believe NYY wants him but right now Cashman is trying to wait us out.

The closer we get to spring training the more serious the negotiation will be.

Ultimately, I think a deal might get done with NY. Right now Hahn prolly wants Torres and Frazier. He will probably accept Torres and Rutherford (I know CWS love Rutherford) plus some other pieces.

Cashman will eventually offer Mateo and Rutherford. Hahn will eventually accept giving Cashman the face saving he needs with his fans that he "won" by not giving up Torres or Frazier, and in exchange there will be a third top 100 player in there plus a couple more very nice pieces just outside the Top 100 for depth. So CWS will get like 5 players.

I think that's where it's headed. Everyone at the end can say they won.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:38 PM   #1461
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Yeah, I think reaching for that Jergens is a little premature there, Scribe. I think the Sox and Yanks have been in leak/leverage mode back and forth this whole time. I believe NYY wants him but right now Cashman is trying to wait us out.

The closer we get to spring training the more serious the negotiation will be.

Ultimately, I think a deal might get done with NY. Right now Hahn prolly wants Torres and Frazier. He will probably accept Torres and Rutherford (I know CWS love Rutherford) plus some other pieces.

Cashman will eventually offer Mateo and Rutherford. Hahn will eventually accept giving Cashman the face saving he needs with his fans that he "won" by not giving up Torres or Frazier, and in exchange there will be a third top 100 player in there plus a couple more very nice pieces just outside the Top 100 for depth. So CWS will get like 5 players.

I think that's where it's headed. Everyone at the end can say they won.
The kermit gif is coming out 3 times.
1.When the Yankees do not trade with the Sox.
2.When Vance Joseph is hired.
3.When Solomon Thomas is drafted(then it's gonna be like a month of kermit gifs)
Old 01-04-2017, 06:49 PM   #1462
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
The kermit gif is coming out 3 times.
1.When the Yankees do not trade with the Sox.
2.When Vance Joseph is hired.
3.When Solomon Thomas is drafted(then it's gonna be like a month of kermit gifs)
Joseph is meh. Not impressed but whatever. I'd go Kermit for Thomas for.

I think in the end I will be posting that gif in this thread Scribe. If we can get PIT to include Meadows, Cashman is gonna be under real pressure to negotiate and then we might end up.with a package involving Torres and Rutherford +.

Then I'll be jacking off...And I'll also find a you mah b**** GIF to add to Kermit.

We're gonna eventually trade with NY, Scribe. They've been playing coy with each other this whole time. Selective leaking etc. You gon get raped son, either in quality or quantity.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:52 PM   #1463
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Joseph is meh. Not impressed but whatever. I'd go Kermit for Thomas for.

I think in the end I will be posting that gif in this thread Scribe. If we can get PIT to include Meadows, Cashman is gonna be under real pressure to negotiate and then we might end up.with a package involving Torres and Rutherford +.

Then I'll be jacking off...And I'll also find a you mah b**** GIF to add to Kermit.

We're gonna eventually trade with NY, Scribe. They've been playing coy with each other this whole time. Selective leaking etc. You gon get raped son, either in quality or quantity.
Torres is not happening son, Cashman wants to make love children with him.
Closed Thread