The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2018, 03:47 PM   #101
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

And I love how some of you guys are acting like we're burning books here. You can't use a word. On a Broncos message board.

Oh, the tragedy!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:00 PM   #102
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

TeamSwag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post

Also, as an aside Blue has explained the moderating team's rationale for banning LDJ for his use of cuck in a post denigrating another poster's wife. This rule is also known as the family smack rule, that is how we as a team saw it and that is why LDJ was banned.

So to explain it to you again, because apparently you are slow; I banned LDJ for family smack. It was borderline until his use of the word "Cuck", attacking another poster's wife as a slut or hoe or a swinger or whatever ****ed up term you think is appropriate to call unknown people just to make someone mad.

Consider this post a warning. If you continue to whine about the moderating team in every thread you will be banned for an extended period, and singling Blue out because you dislike her to begin with is not doing you any favors with any of the other mods or TJ.

And considering how often you report posts and come running to the mods, I think its a little silly for you to bash us in public but cry to us in private.

you banned LDJ?

For that?

good greif, you have lost your minds completely.

Last edited by ShaneFalco; 06-19-2018 at 04:29 PM..
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:00 PM   #103
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
It was actually worse than just going after a person's wife (if it does get worse than that). It was a specific reference to someone's step-children.
So why not deal with it contextually as opposed to mindless word-banishment?

As already pointed out, the origin of 'bastard' as an insult was the implicit insinuation that your mother was a whore of some kind. Now nobody usually reads that literal meaning into it when they say it, but it's still actually in there. You deal with it when that kind of intent becomes clear on a case-by-case basis.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:07 PM   #104
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

TeamSwag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

Quote:

And considering how often you report posts and come running to the mods, I think its a little silly for you to bash us in public but cry to us in private.

Last edited by ShaneFalco; 06-19-2018 at 04:43 PM..
Old 06-19-2018, 04:08 PM   #105
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

TeamSwag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

i guess this is where mods just make **** up as they go along. And expect everyone to get in line....

You banned a poster, without even implementing the rule first. Probably just to punish him.

You make **** up about me reporting. Why would i report? You guys dont do anything unless someone is called a cuck.

And then threaten me with another ban when i reply to the nonsense you just posted.

Am i supposed to be afraid of the virtue signalling mod team or something? Are you upset that people are laughing at your decision and mocking your decision?

The same ones who said months ago.

Quote:
Reading through this thread and Im like...

If you cannot handle posting in this place...****ing dont do it. I'm not going to ban any random person because they used their first amendment rights and managed to offend you.

Last edited by ShaneFalco; 06-19-2018 at 04:50 PM..
Old 06-19-2018, 04:29 PM   #106
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

L0L @ the sniveling alt-right snowflakes boo-hooing and raging against the "PC police" here.

First they were stripped of their "right" to use racist and homophobic slurs - and now this!

What's the world coming to when you can't even go after another forum member's family with impunity anymore?

What's an entitled "family values" crusader to do?

Have another drink...

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:34 PM   #107
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

TeamSwag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeDoucheBot5000 View Post
i got the mod team on my side while i label everyone a nazi

nananananananan im so cool
awesome.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:37 PM   #108
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Cracks me up that at the same time liberals call Repubs whiners they are out banning words and creating safe places to hang out.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:38 PM   #109
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSpicoli
i guess this is where mods just make **** up as they go along. And expect everyone to get in line....

You banned a poster, without even implementing the rule first. Probably just to punish him.

You make **** up about me reporting. Why would i report? You guys dont do anything unless someone is called a cuck.

And then threaten me with another ban when i reply to the nonsense you just posted.

Am i supposed to be afraid of the virtue signalling mod team or something?

The same ones who said months ago.

Name another forum where you can repeatedly violate the forum rules, receive temporary bans, come back from those bans utterly unrepentant with regard to said rule violations, continue to thumb your nose at the mods and the forum rules and not be rewarded with a perma-ban?

"Snowlake" doesn't even begin to describe the sickening sense of entitlement you exhibit here on a daily basis.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:40 PM   #110
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

TeamSwag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
Name another forum where you can repeatedly violate the forum rules, receive temporary bans, come back from those bans utterly unrepentant with regard to said rule violations, continue to thumb your nose at the mods and the forum rules and not be rewarded with a perma-ban?

"Snowlake" doesn't even begin to describe the sickening sense of entitlement you exhibit here on a daily basis.
80,000+ posts of spam memes calling people nazis

and you think im the entitled one?

Thats rich

Dom even said you were the most reported user on the site.

You are special.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:42 PM   #111
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

TeamSwag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Cracks me up that at the same time liberals call Repubs whiners they are out banning words and creating safe places to hang out.
its pure hypocrisy.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:43 PM   #112
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:

Thats rich
Pro Tip:

If you don't want to be "mistaken" for a Nazi, then don't defend Nazis, start a million race baiting threads, etc.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:52 PM   #113
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

TeamSwag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

Quote:
Pro Tip:

If you don't want to be "mistaken" for a Nazi, then don't defend Nazis, start a million race baiting threads, etc.
So your 80,000 nazi memes were just for me?

Then why are you the most reported user on the site?
Old 06-19-2018, 05:03 PM   #114
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
So your 80,000 nazi memes were just for me?

^

Claims to know what's in every post dating back to 2002.

Looks like someone was high during third-grade arithmetic class.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:05 PM   #115
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:

WAS the most-reported, i.e., back in the early 2000s when right-wing snowflakes like you accounted for ~80% of the membership.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:06 PM   #116
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

TeamSwag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

Quote:
WAS the most-reported, i.e., back in the early 2000s when right-wing snowflakes like you accounted for ~80% of the membership.
ah so its everyone else that is the problem.

not you.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:06 PM   #117
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
hey i am looking at the rule guidelines for the site right now.

did you read this LA?

Personal Attacks – Sometimes you think someone is an idiot and you want to tell them as much. But if you’re going to call someone an idiot, you’d better back up your words with something of substance because if an argument devolves into two (or more) people calling each other idiots, none of them are using their heads or showing any amount of respect to the community, and both of them are subject to receiving a ban. While some forums see this issue in black and white will ban over the smallest slight, this forum recognizes that there is a gray area – this is a football discussion forum. Football is a competitive sport. Smack is part of the culture, but there is a line and it will be judged by such criteria as substance, vulgarity, and consistency. If your attacks comes with no substance, are vulgar, or it seems that all you add to the forum is attacks on people who disagree with you, you put yourself at risk for a ban period (or even permanent exile). Mods will have discretion on this. The best way to protect yourself is to moderate your vulgarity, and provide substance: facts and content.

False news – Posting fake news is strictly prohibited. Few things will get you banned quicker than posting a fake story during a sensitive news period.

Honor original content – We ask that you honor original content produced by other sites by giving proper credit, URLs, author names, and most importantly please use excerpts and not post full stories. People are trying to make a living out there providing content, and this forum aims be a symbiotic towards increasing the economy for those providing content, and not be a detriment to their efforts.
How many bans have you received?

Seems you're the one who needs to read for comprehension.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:08 PM   #118
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
ah so its everyone else that is the problem.

not you.

It only goes to show who really needs a "safe space."
Old 06-19-2018, 05:10 PM   #119
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
i think the real question is, how many bans have you received?

since you are the most reported user on the site.
WAS the most-reported c. 2002.

What part of that aren't you following?

In any event, no forum rules were violated - merely some hurt feelings by right-wing snowflakes.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:37 PM   #120
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

Thats rich

Dom even said you were the most reported user on the site.

You are special.
Dude, WHAT?
Old 06-19-2018, 05:40 PM   #121
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

This thread.

We clearly need to ban obscure words more often.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:16 PM   #122
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
i guess this is where mods just make **** up as they go along.

I still hate coming into the WRP. Its like getting teeth pulled. And because I am in a subforum I hate more because you are unable to let things go, I am less likely to give two ****s about any counter argument you might make.

And you report a hell of a lot of posts, Shane. THAT is what I was referring to. I've seen you say you do not report posts. We both know that's a lie. You report a post to a moderator...where do you think that goes? Did you honestly think I meant PM? WTF would I want to talk to you about? St Louis? Weed? The Rams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Rule number one: Use your head. Mods will use the following guidelines to determine appropriate actions, however, mods are given discretion to act in order to be stewards of this community. No set of rules can perfectly govern a popular message board, so moderators are encouraged to consider intention when taking action where formal rules may not exist. You can protect yourself from what you may perceive as “arbitrary action” by using your head.

Family Smack is Strictly Prohibited: Family smack is not tolerated on this forum – your disagreements are with the person involved, not their family members. When you attack someone’s family members, you are not discussing football, or anything that adds to the forum/community. You’re merely trying to find a way to damage the person you are engaging in discussion with. This is unacceptable, and mods are asked to ban with impunity where even the smallest infringement of family smack happens. The point of this forum is to build community around our common interest, and family smack only serves as a detriment to this aim.

Vulgar content and conduct are discouraged: Language and images that cross the line of vulgarity will be punished accordingly. Vulgarity, of course, is a relative concept. What is vulgar to one person may not be vulgar to another. We refer you back to rule number one on this: use your head. We aim to be towards the cultural mainstream in this regard. Comments or images that are considered to be derogatory, disgusting, hateful, offensive, or just plain crude will be dealt with at the moderators discretion. We use the “I know it when I see it” standard established by the US Supreme court (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_know_it_when_I_see_it). (please note that this applies to avatars as well as images posted in the forum - when in doubt, see rule one).

Last Rule: Use your head. The forum moderators and administrators will act in a way towards protecting the integrity and health of this community. This means that there may be infractions that may not be directly spelled out here. Please use your head when participating in this forum. Final note: The admin of this forum reserves the right to ban people who are believed to be a bad fit. This action is not ever taken lightly, and rarely happens, but the right is nevertheless reserved.
Apparently you have a hard time with the rules. This post serves as your second warning. Weird, considering how "hypocritical, insane, crazy, bat****, ect" you claim we are.

The bolded in the rules above is pertinent. Since you were showing such an interest earlier.

Last edited by Archer81; 06-19-2018 at 06:38 PM..
Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:37 PM   #123
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Let's Go Broncos!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
So why not deal with it contextually as opposed to mindless word-banishment?

As already pointed out, the origin of 'bastard' as an insult was the implicit insinuation that your mother was a whore of some kind. Now nobody usually reads that literal meaning into it when they say it, but it's still actually in there. You deal with it when that kind of intent becomes clear on a case-by-case basis.
If we had a handful of posters going around calling others a bastard all of a sudden, you're damn right we'd discuss what course of action to take regarding that word.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:41 PM   #124
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
If we had a handful of posters going around calling others a bastard all of a sudden, you're damn right we'd discuss what course of action to take regarding that word.
Steps calls a member a Klan member or Nazi on a literal every day basis.

I'd say that indicates a clear case of a double standard.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:42 PM   #125
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

And it's not only not dealt with but never even broached.

Which I'm fine with if thats the way its played.

But this is either the wild west or it ain't.