The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2018, 07:16 PM   #126
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
And you're blaming immigrants for this?
Just like us, they are pawns caught in the crossfire of a game being played by people with much more power and money than most of is will ever know.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:18 PM   #127
ShaneFalco
Infamous

Quote:
Who are you going to believe?

Tiki Torch Boy or your lyin' eyes?

You are still attempting to pretend its real?

Did you learn nothing from your People 1998 Meme?

Last edited by ShaneFalco; 06-18-2018 at 07:56 PM..
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:21 PM   #128
ShaneFalco
Infamous

Quote:
The truth behind this photo of an 'immigrant child' crying inside a cage

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/18/us/ph...rnd/index.html

Even CNN calling your **** out as fake.

Quote:
This photo, widely shared on social media, is not what it might seem.

(CNN)A photo of a little boy crying in a cage is being shared on social media as seemingly another heart-rending byproduct of the White House's "zero tolerance" immigration policy, which separates undocumented parents and kids at the border.
There's only one problem: The picture is being completely taken out of context -- and does not show what it is purported to show.
Some of those sharing it claim the image depicts a boy detained by ICE under the new Trump administration policy of referring all people who cross the border illegally for criminal prosecution.
At least 2,000 children have been separated from parents at the border since the US started implementing the policy, the Department of Homeland Security confirmed on Friday.

Journalist and filmmaker Jose Antonio Vargas posted the photo last week on Twitter, saying: "This is what happens when a government believes people are 'illegal'. Kids in cages."
Many respondents vented anger at the administration's hardline immigration policies and encouraged people to retweet the photo. "Star Wars" actor Mark Hamill even tweeted -- and later deleted -- the picture along with the hashtag #UnAmerican.
Vargas also posted the image on Facebook, where it received almost 10,000 shares.
However, the picture was actually taken during a June 10 protest against White House immigration policies at Dallas City Hall, as first reported by fact-checking site Snopes.
Other Facebook photos from the protest, organized by the Texas chapter of the Brown Berets de Cemanahuac, a Latino advocacy group, show the same boy outside the cage as activists hold signs urging the White House to "stop separating families."

Leroy Pena, head of the Brown Berets' Dallas-Fort Worth chapter, took two pictures of the caged crying boy and posted them on Facebook with the caption: "This was part of our protest yesterday, but this is actually going on right now, at this very moment, in child detention centers throughout the country." The post was later deleted, but a version is still on the Wayback Machine.
Pena told CNN the toddler was following his older sibling, who took part in the Dallas cage protest along with other teens.
"He got confused on how to get out (of the cage) and cried when he saw his mother," Pena said. "He was only in there about 30 seconds."
Pena expressed frustration at how the photo was taken out of context.
"I posted this on my personal profile and it was not set to public, but only friends. They shared it. Some of them shared it without my comment," he said. But the image "did help bring attention to the plight of undocumented children," he added.

Last edited by ShaneFalco; 06-18-2018 at 07:24 PM..
Old 06-18-2018, 07:23 PM   #129
ShaneFalco
Infamous

good thing the photo wasnt used during an election or something, then the democrats would have to throw democrats in jail over it.

oh well looks like memebot got trapped by the same type of memes that got trump voters?

Last edited by ShaneFalco; 06-18-2018 at 07:32 PM..
Old 06-18-2018, 09:47 PM   #130
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Who are you going to believe?

Tiki Torch Boy or your lyin’ eyes?

Anything Tiki Torch Boy doesn't like (read: anything politically damaging to tRump) is "fake news."

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:49 PM   #131
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
How will the reich-wing skid marks spin this?

I'm guessing a presidential pardon followed by an offer for a job in the Racist Rapist's White House is forthcoming.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:52 PM   #132
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSpicoli
good thing the photo wasnt used during an election or something....
From your CNN article:

Quote:
Journalist and filmmaker Jose Antonio Vargas posted the photo last week on Twitter, saying: "This is what happens when a government believes people are 'illegal'. Kids in cages.
True statement!

Thanks for telling us something we already know, Tiki Torch Boy.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:55 PM   #133
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
5 debunks.

1. It's the Democrats Fault!
In fact: There is no law, be it Democrat- or Republican-sponsored, that orders undocumented families be separated at the border. The only mandate in place to do that comes courtesy of the Trump administration itself, which enacted a brand-new “zero tolerance” policy vowing to criminally prosecute adults attempting to pass into the U.S. through Mexico, jailing an increased number of parents, and, as a result, detaining their children elsewhere. (In the past, adults were subject to civil proceedings and possible deportation, which do not require separation.)

2. The Bible Made Us Do It
In fact: Religious thought leaders say there’s nothing biblical about tearing apart parents and children. As theologian Candida Moss wrote for CNN: “From the stories about the patriarchs, to the biblical prophets, and Jesus himself, the Bible is insistent that foreigners, strangers, and travelers deserve hospitality and care.”

3. This is All Just a Figment of Your Imagination.

See link

4. Trump administration is simply enforcing an old immigration law.
In fact: Trump’s repeated but nonspecific references to a Democratic law appear to involve one enacted in 2008. It passed unanimously in Congress and was signed by Republican President George W. Bush. It was focused on freeing and otherwise helping children who come to the border without a parent or guardian. It does not call for family separation.”

5. The children really aren't being kept in cages.

See the link for more on each of these and the pictures of kids "not in cages".

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/5-tr...161519396.html
Ooops!

There goes all of Tiki Torch Boy's and his Nazi pals' deflections, smoke screens, denials, obfuscation tactics and bold-faced lies right out the window.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:56 PM   #134
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
Not only does "no one resign" the Congress is invisible. This is pretty much the formula for a country to march itself right into fascism. "When they finally came for me, yada yada, yada..."
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:12 PM   #135
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Due west

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
good thing the photo wasnt used during an election or something, then the democrats would have to throw democrats in jail over it.

oh well looks like memebot got trapped by the same type of memes that got trump voters?

I thought you liked fake photos?
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:14 PM   #136
Meck77

The legal immigrants have a solution.

https://www.usa.gov/enter-us
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:30 PM   #137
Pontius Pirate
I made a bad call Ripley

Easy Easy Kill Kill Lane Lane

“Under President Barack Obama, the authorities initially responded to a similar surge in illegal border crossings by setting up family detention centers where children and their parents could be held together. But in response to a lawsuit against the Obama administration, a judge ruled that the Flores settlement also prohibited children from being detained with their parents.

Having no effective way to detain the parents with their children, Obama administration officials released the families pending the resolution of their asylum cases. Some were given ankle bracelets. Others were simply ordered to return for a court hearing. What they refused to do was to automatically split the children from their parents so that the adults could be detained.“

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/1...ny-merkel.html
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:06 AM   #138
Pontius Pirate
I made a bad call Ripley

The desperate sobbing of 10 Central American children, separated from their parents one day last week by immigration authorities at the border, makes for excruciating listening. Many of them sound like they’re crying so hard, they can barely breathe. They scream “Mami” and “Papá” over and over again, as if those are the only words they know.

The baritone voice of a Border Patrol agent booms above the crying. “Well, we have an orchestra here,” he jokes. “What’s missing is a conductor.”

Then a distraught but determined 6-year-old Salvadoran girl pleads repeatedly for someone to call her aunt. Just one call, she begs anyone who will listen. She says she’s memorized the phone number, and at one point, rattles it off to a consular representative. “My mommy says that I’ll go with my aunt,” she whimpers, “and that she’ll come to pick me up there as quickly as possible.”

https://www.propublica.org/article/c...gration-policy
Old 06-19-2018, 12:08 AM   #139
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Ooops!

There goes all of Tiki Torch Boy's and his Nazi pals' deflections, smoke screens, denials, obfuscation tactics and bold-faced lies right out the window.
That implies they're capable of accepting that, processing it, or that they give a damn if it's true or not...which they don't. Rump could execute children by lighting them on fire and sell tickets for his pedophile pals to come watch, and these **** stains would tell us Obama did this too.

They're sub-human.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:10 AM   #140
Pontius Pirate
I made a bad call Ripley

Stephen Miller and Kirsten Nielsen should never work in policitics again after this debacle.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:14 AM   #141
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate View Post
The desperate sobbing of 10 Central American children, separated from their parents one day last week by immigration authorities at the border, makes for excruciating listening. Many of them sound like they’re crying so hard, they can barely breathe. They scream “Mami” and “Papá” over and over again, as if those are the only words they know.

The baritone voice of a Border Patrol agent booms above the crying. “Well, we have an orchestra here,” he jokes. “What’s missing is a conductor.”

Then a distraught but determined 6-year-old Salvadoran girl pleads repeatedly for someone to call her aunt. Just one call, she begs anyone who will listen. She says she’s memorized the phone number, and at one point, rattles it off to a consular representative. “My mommy says that I’ll go with my aunt,” she whimpers, “and that she’ll come to pick me up there as quickly as possible.”

https://www.propublica.org/article/c...gration-policy
How can the world not despise this country now?

How can we blame them? We're nothing anymore...we've entirely lost our way. These a-holes in here talking about what a ****hole some third world nation is...they're living examples of why we are now a third world country ourselves...this is the ****hole. It has nothing to do with wealth, the standard of living, etc..we are despicable in the eyes of the world, and they're right.

All because people blessed beyond measure hate those who aren't.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:40 AM   #142
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSpicoli

VERIFY: Fake photos.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:41 AM   #143
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
I thought you liked fake photos?

The irony seems totally lost on him.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:02 AM   #144
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
I live in Germany. It’s the safest place I’ve ever lived. Aside from the Cologne New Years attacks we have not hired any major migrant incidents and they are well integrated.

At my last company we met with a Syrian architect and a teacher, both extremely well educated. One was fluent in English the other half way there in german. We then cooked for 100 migrant families who were kind, well mannered, dear people.

You can step on the shards of the US but you can’t break Germany with your lies b****.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:20 AM   #145
swaiy
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Germany was the best place I ever lived. Wiesbaden!!!
swaiy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:46 AM   #146
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

"This is a lie. This is a policy made solely by this administration, and you can stop it right now. And every second you don't you are directly responsible for unimaginable amounts of misery. Period."

'Heinous Lie': Trump DHS Secretary Denies Existence of Family Separation Policy
Old 06-19-2018, 05:55 AM   #147
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

FACT CHECK: Are Democrats Responsible For DHS Separating Children From Their Parents?

The president implied that children were being separated from their parents at the border because of a law enacted by Democrats.

Actually, the policy in question was enacted by his own administration.

https://www.npr.org/2018/05/29/61521...rom-their-pare
Old 06-19-2018, 06:29 AM   #148
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

"His brutal policy of traumatizing four-year-olds by stripping them of their parents has his party quietly fidgeting in the background and hoping that no one notices. But of course everyone is noticing, and pretty much everyone is objecting. Even evangelist Franklin Graham, who has been stoned on Trumpweed for two years, has publicly denounced the president's kiddie concentration camps as 'disgraceful.'"

In Kiddie Concentration Camps, a Turning Point?
Old 06-19-2018, 07:20 AM   #149
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Everyone knows what the ****hole President is doing, despite these scumbag’s denials. The question is when do we quit talking and ****ing DO SOMETHING about it. Impeachment is a forgone necessity at this point, and so is criminal prosecution of him, his entire family, most of his administration lackies and his criminal co-conspirators in the Congress. Mueller needs to get this thing rolling ASAP. If not him then these state authorities. We can’t endure any more of this worthless POS and his white supremacy bull****.

Last edited by footstepsfrom#27; 06-19-2018 at 07:23 AM..
Old 06-19-2018, 07:26 AM   #150
Pontius Pirate
I made a bad call Ripley

The epic ****up is that by being unnecessarily cruel, the Trump admin has suddenly engendered more sympathy towards immigrants - humanized then, even - and now he’s got people on the right and left suddenly clamoring for a path to citizenship for them.

Something I’m sure he didn’t intend when he started out in his “rapists and murderers” screed.