The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2018, 02:53 PM   #126
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
OR Kim came to the table so he could walk away with everything he could have hoped for while Trump got nothing but humiliating America.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:55 PM   #127
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Most, if not all of you posters has made up you mind already. However, I give you this to read:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-v...-idUSKBN1J82A4

"It is easy to announce a morning-after defeat for Trump: to criticize the agreement as vague and lacking in specific commitments regarding denuclearization. But those critics ignore Kim's moratorium on nuclear and ballistic missile testing, the return of American prisoners, the closing of a ballistic missile test site, and the shutting down of a major nuclear test facility without opening a new one. It is easy to forget that a few months ago North Korea was still testing nuclear devices to spark fears of a dark war. Calling the Singapore summit a failure in light of more detailed agreements and different efforts from the past ignores the reality that all of those past agreements failed."
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:02 PM   #128
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Please read, thanks:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-d...-idUSKBN1J91FO

"Trump’s promises in the joint statement are equally general. Although not mentioned in the written document, the U.S. president agreed to halt U.S.-South Korean joint military exercises while Kim agreed to halt nuclear and long-range missile tests. In substance, therefore, the Trump-Kim meeting has produced the “freeze for freeze” bargain that China had been long urging. This is a modest result for all the fanfare, but one worth having. As long as the freeze continues North Korea will not be able to complete development of an operational ICBM capable of delivering nuclear warheads on American cities."
Old 06-13-2018, 03:03 PM   #129
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Most, if not all of you posters has made up you mind already. However, I give you this to read:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-v...-idUSKBN1J82A4

"It is easy to announce a morning-after defeat for Trump: to criticize the agreement as vague and lacking in specific commitments regarding denuclearization. But those critics ignore Kim's moratorium on nuclear and ballistic missile testing, the return of American prisoners, the closing of a ballistic missile test site, and the shutting down of a major nuclear test facility without opening a new one. It is easy to forget that a few months ago North Korea was still testing nuclear devices to spark fears of a dark war. Calling the Singapore summit a failure in light of more detailed agreements and different efforts from the past ignores the reality that all of those past agreements failed."
L0L @ you trying to credit The Apprentice with the concessions listed above when they were actually the result of South Korean diplomacy.

Old 06-13-2018, 03:15 PM   #130
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
L0L @ you trying to credit The Apprentice with the concessions listed above when they were actually the result of South Korean diplomacy.

On one hand you want to criticize Trump for negotiating directly with the NK leader and the left throws insults at Trump for meeting with said leader, then on the opposite hand you want to criticize Trump for negotiating with NK, while being advised by the South Koreans and negotiating in good faith knowing that SK has the most to lose by a war.

You can't have it both ways. Fact is, Trump has at least got NK to stop their ICBM program while all he's given up are joint military exercises WHICH HAVE HAPPENED OVER AND OVER AND OVER THE PAST 30 YEARS

I MEAN REALLY, WHAT CAN SOME NEW JOINT MILITARY EXERCISES REALLY ACHIEVE AT THIS TIME?

ffs people, pull your heads out.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:19 PM   #131
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Please read, thanks:

"Trump’s promises in the joint statement are equally general. Although not mentioned in the written document, the U.S. president agreed to halt U.S.-South Korean joint military exercises while Kim agreed to halt nuclear and long-range missile tests. In substance, therefore, the Trump-Kim meeting has produced the “freeze for freeze” bargain that China had been long urging. This is a modest result for all the fanfare, but one worth having. As long as the freeze continues North Korea will not be able to complete development of an operational ICBM capable of delivering nuclear warheads on American cities."
I read it. Career wise the author has the bond Fides to at least be credible from what little I know of him. I do think he pulled every possible ray of sunshine from the meeting however while ignoring a lot of other stuff.

Like I said I hope it leads to something.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:21 PM   #132
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
I read it. Career wise the author has the bond Fides to at least be credible from what little I know of him. I do think he pulled every possible ray of sunshine from the meeting however while ignoring a lot of other stuff.

Like I said I hope it leads to something.
lol, so since you don't like the article written by Reuters, you decide to criticize the author.

IT'S REUTERS
Old 06-13-2018, 03:25 PM   #133
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
On one hand you want to criticize Trump for negotiating directly with the NK leader and the left throws insults at Trump for meeting with said leader, then on the opposite hand you want to criticize Trump for negotiating with NK, while being advised by the South Koreans and negotiating in good faith knowing that SK has the most to lose by a war.

You can't have it both ways. Fact is, Trump has at least got NK to stop their ICBM program while all he's given up are joint military exercises WHICH HAVE HAPPENED OVER AND OVER AND OVER THE PAST 30 YEARS

I MEAN REALLY, WHAT CAN SOME NEW JOINT MILITARY EXERCISES REALLY ACHIEVE AT THIS TIME?

ffs people, pull your heads out.
1) Again, IQ45 didn't "get NK to stop" anything with his idiotic chest thumping and adolescent tweeting. Any concession NK made was in response to South Korean diplomacy.

2) The exercises are politically significant (why else would Kim oppose them so stridently?) and, hence, a bargaining chip, viz., one the golfer in chief just gave away for nothing in exchange.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:34 PM   #134
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Donald Trump went to Singapore, elevated the status of North Korea, signed an agreement consisting of 100 percent platitudes, and made an off the books deal with Kim Jong Un to weaken military preparedness. And his most notable insight was over his lust to drop some sweet condos on the beaches east of Pyongyang. Total score toward genuinely improving safety for South Korea, the United Stares, and the world? Negative four.

The only thing that makes it seem as if things might actually be better, is that Trump started off by making things so much worse. The constant threats of “fire and fury” against “little rocketman” had the world on tenterhooks, South Korea in despair. Trump’s words literally drove an increase in sales of bomb shelters. But the fire and fury threats might be less dangerous than the line that Trump is selling now.

Not one nuclear weapon has been destroyed. Not one missile. There is not a single inspector on the ground in North Korea. Unlike Iran, where months of careful planning led to an agreement that genuinely removed the threat of a nuclear weapon, Trump has managed to do nothing. Less than nothing.

Donald Trump built up the conflict with North Korea to put the world on edge, Agreed to a hasty get together in which the only prerequisites were US promises of security for North Korea—promises that Trump still will not discuss—and the only outcome was a weaker US position that features decreased coordination with a longtime ally. This is what Trump is selling as total victory.

This may be the biggest, ugliest, and most blatant attempt at packaging sh#t and calling it ice cream that the world has ever seen. It’s an attempt at spin that would have Baghdad Bob laughing.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...etail=facebook
Old 06-13-2018, 03:37 PM   #135
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
lol, so since you don't like the article written by Reuters, you decide to criticize the author.

IT'S REUTERS
Actually I did like the article and credited the author with his likely knowledge. I even said I hope he’s right.

Really interesting though that your bias is so strong the only thing you latched on to was my comment that he looked on the brightest possible side of the story and chose to discredit everything else I said.

The problem isn’t me, it’s you.

One other thing. It was a commentary piece, all papers have those so the fact it’s Reuters doesn’t really matter.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:58 PM   #136
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Please read, thanks:

Why do you think China wants the US to stop joint exercises with South Korea?
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:07 PM   #137
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Hey, it’s Reuters man don’t you dare question it!
Old 06-13-2018, 04:15 PM   #138
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
So they can invade Taiwan.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:17 PM   #139
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

If I'm in the Japanese or SK leadership, watching what Trump is doing, I start building up my military quick.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:29 PM   #140
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Okay, now one for you to read:

Read the Trump-Kim Memorandum–the Devil is in the Details

This point, among a few others, jumped out at me:

...the U.S. delegation lacked the technical experts that it needed to reach a more substantive agreement, and the president made no effort to prepare himself to talk about the technical issues. ...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:08 AM   #141
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Beclownment accomplished.

Trump returns salute of North Korean general at summit, state media footage reveals

Washington (CNN)Newly released video footage from North Korean state media shows President Donald Trump returning a salute to a North Korean military general during this week's summit in Singapore, an extraordinary display of respect from a US president to a top officer of a hostile regime.

In the military, returning a salute from a military officer of a friendly foreign nation is common practice for US military officers and considered a display of military professionalism. There is no rule that a US president is obliged to return a salute, which is considered a sign of mutual respect.

After Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un walked down a colonnade to shake hands, the pair entered into a room filled with various members of Kim's delegation, the video from North Korean broadcaster KCTV news shows.

Trump starts to shake hands with those in the room. Upon encountering North Korean Gen. No Kwang Chol, who was in full uniform, Trump first extends his hand, to which the general responds with a salute. Trump then salutes back, extends his hand again and the two men shake hands.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/14/p...ute/index.html
Old 06-14-2018, 04:34 PM   #142
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

The US Department of Homeland Security said that it has identified malicious cyber activity by the North Korean government, according to a new report released on Thursday, just days after the historic summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.

DHS and FBI analysts working with US government partners highlighted the use of what are known as Trojan malware variants -- software used by the North Korean government that is intended to damage or disable computers and computer systems.

"This malware variant is known as TYPEFRAME," according to the report by the DHS Computer Emergency Readiness Team, noting that "the US Government refers to malicious cyber activity by the North Korean government as HIDDEN COBRA."

"The intent of sharing this information is to enable network defenders to identify and reduce exposure to North Korean government cyber activity," the report added.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/14/polit...ign/index.html

Old 06-14-2018, 05:35 PM   #143
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Old 06-14-2018, 06:04 PM   #144
W*GS
Eppure si scalda

What a ****ing idiot with the salute.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 01:30 AM   #145
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Not only China.

The Manchurian President's handler in Moscow advised him to stop the exercises as well.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...gn-policy-move

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN1J81F6
Old 06-15-2018, 03:38 PM   #146
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

I think that any day now, Trump is going to start lashing out. Things are not going his way. Given who he is, he's going to have to throw a tantrum.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:42 AM   #147
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I think that any day now, Trump is going to start lashing out. Things are not going his way. Given who he is, he's going to have to throw a tantrum.
Now that both Cohen and Manafort are going to jail (with Cohen indicating he will cooperate with prosecutors) I expect Don Capone to fire Mueller any day now.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:03 AM   #148
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Old 06-16-2018, 02:22 AM   #149
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Putin, Erdogan, Duterte and now Kim. Who's next? Somali warlords?

Quote:
"He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same," Trump told Fox News on Friday.

Trump voices admiration and envy of Kim Jong Un, underscoring his respect for autocrats
Old 06-16-2018, 10:29 AM   #150
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Kim Jong Un "is the head of a country and I mean he is the strong head," Mr. Trump told Fox News' Steve Doocy on the White House lawn Friday.

Trump's praise of this dictator is disturbing. Tell the GOP Congress to put country before party and start the impeachment process here: http://bit.ly/2roqU7H #ImpeachTrump