The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2018, 02:42 PM   #101
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
There's no real 'deal' I'm aware of. Just an oversold effort to obtain one accompanied by a couple meaningless symbolic gestures.
I am sending Dotard Don a symbolic gesture right now....!

That pinhead is nucking futs.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:27 PM   #102
Rohirrim
Partisan

At the press conference following his meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un in Singapore on Tuesday, President Trump called himself “an emissary of the American people” and spoke of “my instinct, my ability or talent” for negotiation. “My whole life has been deals,” said Trump. “I’ve done great at it.”

Trump is indeed a skilled salesman, and his presentation of the new U.S.–North Korean denuclearization agreement is a fine sales job. But the target of that sales job isn’t Kim. It’s you. Trump and Kim are working together to pass off their toothless pact as a milestone. It’s a con, and you’re the mark.

Three times during his press conference, Trump was asked about North Korea’s failure to honor previous agreements in which it made similar pledges. Each time the question was asked, Trump blamed the collapse of these agreements on previous American presidents. As evidence, Trump claimed that during the summit, Kim had told him that North Korea lacked “confidence” in Trump’s predecessors. In a post-summit interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, Trump said Kim had explained that “he was let down by the United States.” Far from challenging this statement, Trump used it to bolster his argument that no other American president could have worked with North Korea as Trump has. “I don’t think they honestly could have done it,” said Trump.

This is the key to understanding the Trump-Kim relationship: Trump isn’t competing with Kim, or even trying to win him over. He’s using Kim to compete for status with previous American presidents. “A lot of people are saying it’s historic,” Trump told Stephanopoulos, referring to the summit. “We’ve done something that’s very unique. Nobody’s met with the [Kim] family. … No president has, certainly.”

If Trump’s goal had been to maximize concessions from North Korea, he would have set high standards for the agreement, conveyed resolve, and kept his cards close to his vest. He has done the opposite. In the press conference, Trump blabbed about the limits of U.S. intelligence on North Korea: “probably less there than any other country.” He explained how we had detected Kim’s missile engine testing site: “We’re able to see because of the heat that it emits.”

In a Fox News interview with Sean Hannity on Tuesday, Trump said his months of threats against North Korea before the two agreed to meet had just been bluffs: “The rhetoric, I hated to do it, sometimes I felt foolish doing it.” And he shrugged off the idea of holding Kim to human rights standards. “He has to be a rough guy,” Trump told Voice of America.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-the-mark.html
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:13 PM   #103
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

TeamSwag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
The only geopolitical crisis Trump produced is Rohirim's full diaper.
if libtards didnt have their double standard, they wouldnt have any standards at all.
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:36 PM   #104
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
if libtards didnt have their double standard, they wouldnt have any standards at all.
Apparently you didn’t read my post. Your suffers from irony.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:36 AM   #105
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
The only geopolitical crisis Trump produced is Rohirim's full diaper.
If you're really a "doctor," then I hope, for your patients' sake, your understanding of medicine isn't as shockingly inadequate as your understanding of geopolitics.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:38 AM   #106
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSpicoli
Says the forked-tongued LINO weasel who claims not to "have a side" but who aligns with tRump in ~99.9% of debates that happen on this forum.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:05 AM   #107
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Old 06-13-2018, 04:36 AM   #108
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
The exercise aren't designed to keep the military happy, they are designed to make a political and military statement to all the countries in the region. Much like the reason we are restarting Reforger in Europe. Side note, talking to folks that just did those exercise they are complete **** show unlike the one in the 1980s because we lost our experiencing doing them.

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together can deduce that the exercises must be politically significant if Kim doesn't like them, wants to stop them, etc.

Shouldn't need to explain this, really, but such is the kindergarten world tRump and his followers have created.

Old 06-13-2018, 05:35 AM   #109
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

Dangerous

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/13/polit...day/index.html
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:17 AM   #110
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
Not scared of a nut job with a bonafide nuclear arsenal.

Wets himself over Dubya's tales of Iraqi mushroom clouds.

So easy to lead, these authoritarian followers like Quackster.
man, those exercises were no joke. I was stuck in 5 of them in one year. full MOP gear in everyone of them. 14hr days for two weeks sucked. The only good part was when the alarm went off, we ran into the hangers, locked it up and went to sleep.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:01 AM   #111
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

The South Koreans don't want us there anymore than the North Koreans and Chinese do.

Let them all figure it out on their own.

The deterrents are the missile subs and US based B-2's anyway.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:16 AM   #112
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
The South Koreans don't want us there anymore than the North Koreans and Chinese do.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:22 AM   #113
Rohirrim
Partisan

Trump’s Negotiating Style Is Pure Art of the Moron

Even by this blowhard’s YUGE standards, it’s been an exceptionally bad and destructive week of terrifying our allies and legitimizing our enemies.

I’m often on the receiving end of the Trumpentariat’s criticisms of Never Trump conservatives.

Don’t I get it? Don’t I love how Trump is achieving the impossible, and soaring to heights to which no other president could aspire? Haven’t I gotten over the election yet? When, oh when, will I finally MAGA? I received an email Tuesday from a Trump fan asking why for once I couldn’t congratulate Donald Trump for his work with North Korea.

Leaving aside my usual critiques of Trump, which are, as you may have noticed, colorful, varied, and pointed, let’s give the president a fair assessment of his week’s activities, and thanks and credit where thanks and credit are due.

Of course, we start when Trump fled the humid confines of Washington, D.C., jetting to Quebec to blow up the G7 summit and take a massive political and rhetorical dump on some of our longest-standing and closest allies. But I’m playing nice, so thank you, Mr. President, for adopting 19th-century trade policies that combine both raging economic illiteracy and inevitably adverse outcomes for America. Well done.

Thank you, because nothing says Presidential Stature like your juvenile dick-waving and insults attacking the heads of state of the G7 nations. Thanks are also in order for deploying your clown-car motorcade of loudmouth, shock-jock aides to make the damage worse.

Great work taking direction from the Home Office in Moscow; you spent more time at the G7 summit doing Vladimir Putin’s bidding than you did strengthening the ties between the United States and our closest allies.

Even so, I’m supposed to thank the president, right? Well, thank you, Donald. You sent a message to our allies in Asia and beyond that you’re willing to compromise their security and ours for an inconsequential photo-op with a hopped-up fatboy dictator who looks like Pyongyang already has a Krispy Kreme and a Popeyes, and he’s the only one allowed to eat in them.

Russia, Iran, Syria, and other bad actors want to thank you, Mr. President. You sent the clearest of signals that sanctions regimes, inspections, and verified denuclearization are no longer relevant in our brave new era of nationalist populist strongmen and Michael Bay knockoff videos.

Evidently, all the bad guys have to do is kiss your ample ass long enough and shower you with enough superficial praise and they can play you like the trifling intellectual lightweight you most certainly are. So, thank you for that reminder.

Nobel Prizes may have been dancing in your head on your way to Singapore, and perhaps the Nobel Committee will fire up the forge and cast you an extra super-glitzy giant prize, out of gratitude. Perhaps the medal will make up for the fact Kim Jong Un took away every single thing he wanted from this meeting, including the propaganda coup of all propaganda coups.

Ever wonder what the consequences of legitimizing a nuclear-armed madman who has used chemical weapons on his own family, starved his people, and engaged in systematic mass murder to retain power might be? Congratulations! You’re about to find out. Us too.

Evidently, the purpose of the trip was to produce a communiqué so shallow, meaningless, and ephemeral that its contents were a combination of already-broken DPRK agreements and back-of-the-envelope wishcasting. Our South Korean allies may seem freaked out, but it’s just their way of appreciating you.

Well done, Mr. President. You got your on-camera handshake with a man who orders the deaths of children. You got your lunch with one of the few remaining dictators on this earth and put the Leader of the Free World on the same level as a hereditary thug who killed his half-brother with chemical weapons.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps...moron?ref=home

Old 06-13-2018, 08:04 AM   #114
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Easily the most troubling thing T did this week was the praise showering on North Korea.

You just can't mark that kind of respect for the fruits of utter brutality. If only for the propaganda value against dissidents back home.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:12 AM   #115
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...r-time-moment/

Trump’s Peace in Our Time Moment

Quote:
But the interesting question for me is whether or not “There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea.”

On the most basic level this is pure balderdash. Literally no facts on the ground have changed from the day before the summit. The Norks have the same missiles, the same warheads, and the same capacity to do what they wish. There has not been a single relevant or meaningful de-escalation on the ground (or under it).

Comparisons to Munich fall apart in all sorts of ways, but there’s still some connective tissue between Chamberlain’s “Peace in Our Time” pronouncement and Trump’s the-threat-is-over tweets. The most obvious is that both men were wrong. Chamberlain didn’t buy “peace in our time,” and Trump has in no way eliminated the threat on the Korean peninsula. More relevant though: Munich ultimately made war more likely, not less. Why? Because by giving Hitler the benefit of the doubt in exchange for promises he never intended to honor, it made Hitler’s subsequent aggressions all the more clarifying. The West could feel like it had gone the last mile for diplomacy and that there were no options left when Hitler invaded Poland.

As Erik von Kuehnelt Leddihn, John O’Sullivan, Nick Baumann, and others have argued, there’s a better case than is commonly acknowledged in defense of Neville Chamberlain’s appeaSeimiant of Hitler. Britain and France were not ready to intervene on behalf of Czechoslovakia. They needed to time to re-arm, etc. A similar case can be made here. America is war weary. The last thing the South Koreans want is war, and their government is full of peaceniks. Going the last mile for diplomacy makes some sense, even though I would have liked a very different kind of diplomatic overture.

What concerns me is that Trump has personalized all of this. He’s basing his peace-in-our-time tweets on his personal relationship with a rotund sociopath and egomaniac, and his gut instinct that a proven liar is acting in good faith. If — when — the North Koreans demonstrate their bad faith and determination to keep their nuclear program, it will be a personal embarrassment and humiliation of Trump himself. How will he react to that?
Old 06-13-2018, 11:36 AM   #116
Rohirrim
Partisan

Trump serves one master: The Trump Ego.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:25 PM   #117
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Easily the most troubling thing T did this week was the praise showering on North Korea.

You just can't mark that kind of respect for the fruits of utter brutality. If only for the propaganda value against dissidents back home.
How can The Apprentice top that act?

Invite the most powerful warlord in Somalia to a summit, plant the Somali flag next to the Stars and Stripes, glad-hand the dude and tell him what an honor it is?
Old 06-13-2018, 01:52 PM   #118
Rohirrim
Partisan

Quote:

I can't imagine the hopelessness those people felt when Kim rubbed it in their faces on TV over and over again: Look! There's the USA! Kissing my ass!
Old 06-13-2018, 01:54 PM   #119
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Old 06-13-2018, 02:37 PM   #120
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Trump has put in the toughest sanctions ever, on the North Koreans, and this is what is driving them to the negotiating table. Trumps doing this after previous presidents have capitulated and capitulated and capitulated to the North Koreans, including Obama, or as I refer to him as “the joke Obama”. Trump isn’t just negotiating with out any power to enforce, Trump is already in forcing tough economic sanctions on the North Koreans. This is completely opposite of the asinine, stupid, moronic, behind closed doors, secretive, deal with Iran, that the joke a.k.a. Obama made with the terrorist state of Iran. Furthermore, Trump is meeting with the head of North Korea in the open. Obama the joke, did everything in secret and without any consent from anyone.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #121
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Trump has put in the toughest sanctions ever, on the North Koreans, and this is what is driving them to the negotiating table. Trumps doing this after previous presidents have capitulated and capitulated and capitulated to the North Koreans, including Obama, or as I refer to him as “the joke Obama”. Trump isn’t just negotiating with out any power to enforce, Trump is already in forcing tough economic sanctions on the North Koreans. This is completely opposite of the asinine, stupid, moronic, behind closed doors, secretive, deal with Iran, that the joke a.k.a. Obama made with the terrorist state of Iran. Furthermore, Trump is meeting with the head of North Korea in the open. Obama the joke, did everything in secret and without any consent from anyone.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:46 PM   #122
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Old 06-13-2018, 02:49 PM   #123
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
OR Kim came to the table so he could walk away with everything he could have hoped for while Trump got nothing but humiliating America.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:51 PM   #124
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
OR Kim came to the table so he could walk away with everything he could have hoped for
Apparently his imagination isn't nearly as creative as Rouhani's was.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:51 PM   #125
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

"Meanwhile, and elsewhere, the American president has thrust the United States into diplomatic shambles. American is truly alone. Our enemies are manipulating us and our allies are abandoning us, as they should."

- P.M. Carpenter