The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2018, 12:42 AM   #101
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 34,751

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
Was Romney referring to cyberattacks or attempts to interfere with elections?

You make this too easy.
LMAO at "Pony Boy"...In 2012 Russia hadn't become the #1 problem to us that they are now, for obvious reasons.

Rump wasn't in the White House dancing on Putin's strings yet.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 01:08 AM   #102
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 18,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear the Hawk View Post
I'm not a lawyer, but I would expect a trial in absential. I'm pretty sure that means presenting evidence in a court of law.
Sounds like a kangaroo court
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 04:33 AM   #103
Guess Who
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 18,099
Default

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 27858191_223031261589712_2065496570753061521_n.jpg (76.2 KB, 30 views)
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 04:56 AM   #104
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 86,558
Default

Contempt of Congress charges possible for Bannon...

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2018/...etail=facebook
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 05:45 AM   #105
Guess Who
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 18,099
Default

In Other news Steve Bannon testified for 20 hours for Mueller's investigation
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 06:35 AM   #106
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 86,558
Default

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:08 AM   #107
Guess Who
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 18,099
Default

RUSSIAN TROLLS USE FOX NEWS'S SEAN HANNITY TO UNDERMINE MUELLER'S TRUMP PROBE, REPORT SAYS

Kremlin-linked trolls are using content from Fox News host Sean Hannity's website to bolster the campaign to undermine special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into whether the Trump campaign cooperated with Russian election interference, according to a report Wednesday.

Hannity's website has ranked among the top domains shared by a network of Kremlin-associated Twitter accounts in recent weeks, Mother Jones reported, using data from the Hamilton 68 dashboard compiled by the nonpartisan Alliance for Securing Democracy.

complete article
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:56 AM   #108
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Make the NFL Great Again

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 10,658

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
Was Romney referring to cyberattacks or attempts to interfere with elections?

You make this too easy.
Romney said Russia was our biggest threat to National Security and Obama laughed at him and said the Cold War is over. Why does it matter if it’s cyberattacks, election interference, weapons escalation or gaining control of our uranium deposits?

Answer the question, who is our biggest threat to National Security?
Pony Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:01 AM   #109
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
And so it goes...

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 79,484

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Romney said Russia was our biggest threat to National Security and Obama laughed at him and said the Cold War is over. Why does it matter if it’s cyberattacks, election interference, weapons escalation or gaining control of our uranium deposits?

Answer the question, who is our biggest threat to National Security?
China, as far as other countries go. Trump, because he's eroding America's faith in its own institutions and rules.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:03 AM   #110
Guess Who
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 18,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
China, as far as other countries go. Trump, because he's eroding America's faith in its own institutions and rules.
Russia is the biggest threat only because they installed their own puppet as President of the U.S.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:03 AM   #111
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
And so it goes...

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 79,484

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Trumps response to the Russian indictments?

Insult the USA.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:11 AM   #112
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Make the NFL Great Again

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 10,658

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Hannity's website has ranked among the top domains shared by a network of Kremlin-associated Twitter accounts in recent weeks,Mother Jones reported, using data from the Hamilton 68 dashboard compiled by the nonpartisan Alliance for Securing Democracy.

complete article
It’s also the top cable news show watched by Americans too, so what’s your point?

Fox News is led by Sean Hannity this year. Hannity became 2017’s most-watched cable news program.
Pony Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:12 AM   #113
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Make the NFL Great Again

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 10,658

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Trumps response to the Russian indictments?

Insult the USA.
Got your Chuck Todd fix this morning I see.
Pony Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:21 AM   #114
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 86,558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Why does it matter if it’s cyberattacks, election interference, weapons escalation or gaining control of our uranium deposits?
Because context matters. What specific threat was Romney referring to?

Quote:
Answer the question, who is our biggest threat to National Security?
The Russian puppet in the WH - hands down.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:21 AM   #115
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
And so it goes...

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 79,484

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
It’s also the top cable news show watched by Americans too, so what’s your point?

Fox News is led by Sean Hannity this year. Hannity became 2017’s most-watched cable news program.
Very bad news for America. You go ahead and celebrate, though. I've noticed that's kind of the new model for the right wing Trumpsters; Anything that damages the institutions and traditions of America is good news to them. If Russia attacks the USA, you guys attack the FBI.

Fortunately (for the sane world anyway), the Fox numbers basically just represent old, white farts. Young Americans no longer get their info from TV.

Exhaustion is the point. The network persuades through repetition. Some people think that Fox News poisons the minds of viewers, like a drug slipped into an unwitting victim’s food. It’s more accurate to say that the network wears them down. Even the dumbest conspiracy theories can start to sound plausible when you hear them again and again and again—especially if you are not listening very carefully to begin with.

The network’s programming does not just wash over its viewers like rain. As studies have suggested—and as you probably already know from studying the Facebook habits of your opinionated uncle Frank—the more you watch Fox News, the more conservative you become. Who are these impressionable people who are so easily swayed by Sean Hannity’s sweet words? After three weeks, I think I can tell you a few things about them. They trust their pastors more than they trust their elected officials. They despise the media despite not actually consuming very much of it. They have an insatiable lust for purchasing retirement gold from websites that advertise on television. They subscribe to a spiteful populism in which the people seize power for the sole purpose of annoying those who preceded them in office. Their vision of America resembles one drawn in crayon by a child on a placemat.

“The people took their power back on Election Day, and the establishment is mad as hell,” said Laura Ingraham during the inaugural episode of The Ingraham Angle on Monday. “Let’s face it. They really don’t like the American people—not very much, at least—or their forefathers.” This observation, delivered during a monologue meant as her show’s mission statement, is a window into the network’s dominant mind.

The first sentence—The people took their power back on Election Day, and the establishment is mad as hell—implies that any opposition to the Trump agenda is a function of elitist resentment. This theme recurs throughout Fox’s programming, from Sean Hannity’s relentless media-bashing to the chipper brutishness of Fox & Friends. In Fox’s telling, elites resent the erosion of their own status under the Trump regime, which explains both the unsympathetic coverage the president has received from the media and the resistance he has met from the so-called deep state. Government and the media—with the sole exceptions of Donald Trump and Fox News—are not and can never be of the people. They are inherently un-American.

Let’s face it, far from a throwaway phrase, is an appeal to the wisdom of “just plain folks,” who don’t need a fancy college degree to tell bull**** from bonbons. Fox News exists to repudiate expertise. The network is forever differentiating between authentic opinion and inauthentic opinion. Authentic opinion is felt, whereas inauthentic opinion is derived. Authentic opinion is a product of lived experience, preferably lived by leathery military men. Inauthentic opinions are expressed by needle-nosed nerds who have read some books. Throughout the network’s history, its most popular hosts—Glenn Beck, Bill O’Reilly, Sean Hannity—have been plain-spoken white guys who loudly affect working-class values while rejecting nuance. “The problem with the argument that Democrats are making,” said Republican strategist Evan Siegfried in a devastatingly perceptive segment on Outnumbered Overtime last month, “is that the argument takes longer than a bumper-sticker slogan to make.”

They really don’t like the American people—not very much, at least—or their forefathers. In the world of Fox News, the far right holds a monopoly on Americanism. Day after day, hour after hour, the network is continuously redefining Americanism to exclude the liberal values and accomplishments that, for many Americans, have long been a source of pride: trade unionism, the liberal arts, political dissent, social-welfare programs, rationality.

These things are anathema to the network’s most prominent hosts. Their idealized America is a well-armed theocracy whose citizens all sing Christmas carols in unison as they march back in time toward some crude golden era in which socialists went to prison, professional athletes saluted the flag, and white men were free to trade ethnic jokes in public. Fox News is a network intent on defending the West while rejecting the Enlightenment.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/watching_..._non_stop.html

Last edited by Rohirrim; 02-18-2018 at 09:26 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:22 AM   #116
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
And so it goes...

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 79,484

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Got your Chuck Todd fix this morning I see.
I just read Donald's tweets. That's all it takes. They say what they say. It's not the first time Trump has insulted the USA in the name of Russia.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:23 AM   #117
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 86,558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
It’s also the top cable news show watched by Americans too, so what’s your point?

Fox News is led by Sean Hannity this year. Hannity became 2017’s most-watched cable news program.
L0L.

So, if true, how does this mitigate the fact that Hannity's website has ranked among the top domains shared by a network of Kremlin-associated Twitter accounts in recent weeks?
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:29 AM   #118
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 18,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Russia is the biggest threat only because they installed their own puppet as President of the U.S.
This is the kind of crazed thinking that leads to escalating conflict and WW III.

Guess Who and those who think this way are in denial about the real reasons why Trump won the election. It's called the rust belt -- the states and working people forgotten by the Democrats. (PA,WV, OH, IN, MI, WI etc)

What happened to the bullet train projects that might have revitalized this country? Obama only helped the too big to fail banks - and forgot about the people.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:43 AM   #119
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Make the NFL Great Again

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 10,658

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
L0L.

So, if true, how does this mitigate the fact that Hannity's website has ranked among the top domains shared by a network of Kremlin-associated Twitter accounts in recent weeks?
You’re missing the point, put your thinking cap on and try aging.

“If it’s the #1 watched cable news program in the US why would it surprise you that it’s the #1 shared domain used by the Kremlin. They want to use what most Americans use to gather information, do you think they will waste time and effort watching Rachel Maddow?
Pony Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:53 AM   #120
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 35,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
It’s also the top cable news show watched by Americans too, so what’s your point?

Fox News is led by Sean Hannity this year. Hannity became 2017’s most-watched cable news program.
Do you think Hannity is a good source of information? Do you think it's a good thing that so many Americans are being "informed" by him?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:55 AM   #121
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
And so it goes...

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 79,484

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
This is the kind of crazed thinking that leads to escalating conflict and WW III.

Guess Who and those who think this way are in denial about the real reasons why Trump won the election. It's called the rust belt -- the states and working people forgotten by the Democrats. (PA,WV, OH, IN, MI, WI etc)

What happened to the bullet train projects that might have revitalized this country? Obama only helped the too big to fail banks - and forgot about the people.
The real reason Trump won the election is the electoral college. He lost the popular vote by 3 million. In any other democracy on Earth, Trump loses.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:58 AM   #122
RonMexico
change your world
 
RonMexico's Avatar
 
Can't fight racism w/ more racism

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Tejas
Posts: 6,964

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

This is hilarious.

The FBI just indicted trolls to placate sad left wingers clinging to anything they can to rationalize their irrelevance.

I wonder if they're going to indict Spambot next?
RonMexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:59 AM   #123
RonMexico
change your world
 
RonMexico's Avatar
 
Can't fight racism w/ more racism

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Tejas
Posts: 6,964

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
L0L.

So, if true, how does this mitigate the fact that Hannity's website has ranked among the top domains shared by a network of Kremlin-associated Twitter accounts in recent weeks?
I figured you'd be among the indicted.
RonMexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:00 AM   #124
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 18,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The real reason Trump won the election is the electoral college. He lost the popular vote by 3 million. In any other democracy on Earth, Trump loses.
hahahahaaa

Same old shyte. There are no end of excuses.

No, the reason Hillary lost is because many women refused to come out to vote for her. The "deplorables" stayed home because Hillary is too toxic for words.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:27 AM   #125
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
And so it goes...

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 79,484

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
This is hilarious.

The FBI just indicted trolls to placate sad left wingers clinging to anything they can to rationalize their irrelevance.

I wonder if they're going to indict Spambot next?
The FBI didn't indict anybody. The grand jury did. Stop listening to Fox. They're filling your head with ****.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:01 PM.


Denver Broncos