The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2018, 09:35 PM   #426
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 34,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
This is true, I’ve met many mexicans in the construction industry that would give you the shirt off their backs if you asked for it, and in fact just being around them just puts me in a better mood. Construction Mexicans are cool af. Let’s get as many of them in here as possible, they’re awesome. And the reason they take jobs from us whities is because we can’t do as good a job as them. In fact if I ever hire help I’d look for a Mexican or a Filipino first. They’re just good workers and good people. Oh yeah. But those people that I’m talking about are legal.
So what? Are you suggesting those who aren't legal don't work just as hard? The people who pick fruit aren't legal, and they work harder than you've ever worked in your entire life, for money neither you or 99.9% of Americans would do it for. Farm owners themselves will tell you that Americans won't take these jobs.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:39 PM   #427
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: California
Posts: 2,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
So what? Are you suggesting those who aren't legal don't work just as hard? The people who pick fruit aren't legal, and they work harder than you've ever worked in your entire life, for money neither you or 99.9% of Americans would do it for. Farm owners themselves will tell you that Americans won't take these jobs.
Breaking the law? No big deal as long as you work hard.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:41 PM   #428
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 34,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
Immigrants commit far fewer crimes not illegal immigrants.
That's a lie.

ILLEGAL immigrants ALSO commit far fewer crimes than native-born Americans, especially native-born white males.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.0583f67ce6ea

Even the conservative CATO Institute agrees:



Quote:
"As a percentage of their respective populations, there were 56 percent fewer criminal convictions of illegal immigrants than of native-born Americans in Texas in 2015," author Alex Nowrasteh writes. "The criminal conviction rate for legal immigrants was about 85 percent below the native-born rate."

Last edited by footstepsfrom#27; 06-20-2018 at 09:44 PM..
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:42 PM   #429
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 32,988

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
. They work jobs Americans won't do, and they add net value to this economy.
Still trying to figure out how low wage no benefits jobs are victimizing society and the safety net and yet savin' America at the same time.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you leftynomics.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:50 PM   #430
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: California
Posts: 2,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
That's a lie.

ILLEGAL immigrants ALSO commit far fewer crimes than native-born Americans, especially native-born white males.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.0583f67ce6ea

Even the conservative CATO Institute agrees:

Sorry..I didn’t know Texas was America. Texas is the only state that has illegal immigrants?
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:53 PM   #431
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 34,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Still trying to figure out how low wage no benefits jobs are victimizing society and the safety net and yet savin' America at the same time.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you leftynomics.
That's because you're entirely ignorant of what Central American migrant workers make in their home countries.

Example: coffee pickers make $1-$3 a DAY in Honduras.

Working here they can make $10-$12/hour, which means they send money home to support their families in an economy where that kind of pay goes much further.

Obviously, you need to educate yourself on emerging market economics. Like most rightwingers, you know little about anything beyond these borders.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:54 PM   #432
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: California
Posts: 2,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
That's because you're entirely ignorant of what Central American migrant workers make in their home countries.

Example: coffee pickers make $1-$3 a DAY in Honduras.

Working here they can make $10-$12/hour, which means they send money home to support their families in an economy where that kind of pay goes much further.

Obviously, you need to educate yourself on emerging market economics. Like most rightwingers, you know little about anything beyond these borders.
They make minimum wage here? Come on dude
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:56 PM   #433
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 34,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
Sorry..I didn’t know Texas was America. Texas is the only state that has illegal immigrants?
Try reading the entire article dimwit.

Are you really this lazy?

I wonder how you'd do picking fruit in the hot sun all day?
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:57 PM   #434
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 32,988

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
That's because you're entirely ignorant of what Central American migrant workers make in their home countries.

Example: coffee pickers make $1-$3 a DAY in Honduras.

Working here they can make $10-$12/hour, which means they send money home to support their families in an economy where that kind of pay goes much further.

Obviously, you need to educate yourself on emerging market economics. Like most rightwingers, you know little about anything beyond these borders.
So people earning money here but sending it elsewhere to spend is good for Murica.

Unless a rich dude does it, then it's bad for Murica.

Leftynomics.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:58 PM   #435
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 34,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
They make minimum wage here? Come on dude
Seriously...read something.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:02 PM   #436
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 34,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
So people earning money here but sending it elsewhere to spend is good for Murica.

Unless a rich dude does it, then it's bad for Murica.

Leftynomics.
Dozens of studies prove it is. It keeps your grocery bills lower, and it assists local economies here to a net benefit worth billions. On top of that, it helps alleviate poverty in unstable countries, which does benefit us as well since more social upheaval results from poverty.

You're not concerned about the economics of this. If you were, you'd be more pissed that the moron in the WH is ****ing up our trade relations.

Your only concern is the color of these people's skin, and the outrage you feel that they might take a dime out of your pocket.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:03 PM   #437
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: California
Posts: 2,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Try reading the entire article dimwit.

Are you really this lazy?

I wonder how you'd do picking fruit in the hot sun all day?
I’m not clicking on links. Maybe you should post relevant data in your posts?
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:07 PM   #438
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 32,988

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Dozens of studies prove it is. It keeps your grocery bills lower
If an illegal keeps my grocery bill lower with low wages and no benefits, it's good for Murica.

If Walmart keeps my grocery bill lower with low wages and low benefits, it's destroying Murica.

Leftynomics.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:08 PM   #439
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: California
Posts: 2,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Seriously...read something.
Read something from the Washington Post or NY Post? No.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:16 PM   #440
swaiy
Ring of Famer
 
swaiy's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: 256
Posts: 2,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson
Default

You can't explain to people that they should care about other people.
swaiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:47 PM   #441
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 32,988

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
You can't explain to people that they should care about other people.
Well when it comes to the thread topic, the problem is we have two conflicting and tough to reconcile opinions on what the best way to care is.

Detaining the family together was previously deemed cruel to the child.

Now separating the child from a detainee is deemed cruel.

There's really no rational solution to this conundrum. I think the most ethical way to handle it is with reasonably-accommodated detainment until the legal process is finished. But many, including some federal courts, disagree.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:31 PM   #442
jutang
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Well when it comes to the thread topic, the problem is we have two conflicting and tough to reconcile opinions on what the best way to care is.

Detaining the family together was previously deemed cruel to the child.

Now separating the child from a detainee is deemed cruel.

There's really no rational solution to this conundrum. I think the most ethical way to handle it is with reasonably-accommodated detainment until the legal process is finished. But many, including some federal courts, disagree.
There are differing degrees of bad situations. Your main point seems to be family detained in a facility is bad, separating child from parents is bad. Since they are both bad, nothing can be done.

Trump's zero tolerance is way too oversimplified regardless of ones thoughts on illegal immigration/asylum seekers. Even with his executive order, this does nothing for the 2000 kids that have already been separated from their parents.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:17 AM   #443
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 32,988

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutang View Post
There are differing degrees of bad situations. Your main point seems to be family detained in a facility is bad, separating child from parents is bad. Since they are both bad, nothing can be done.

Trump's zero tolerance is way too oversimplified regardless of ones thoughts on illegal immigration/asylum seekers. Even with his executive order, this does nothing for the 2000 kids that have already been separated from their parents.
It also does nothing for the hundreds of thousands of kids in foster care with parents in prison.

If life was fair there'd be no reason to try to sneak into the United States.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:53 AM   #444
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 85,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
Read something from the Washington Post or NY Post? No.


If you didn't hear it on Fox & Friends or InfoWars, then it didn't happen, eh?
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:56 AM   #445
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 85,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
If an illegal keeps my grocery bill lower with low wages and no benefits, I will scream bloody murder.

If Walmart keeps my grocery bill lower with low wages and low benefits, then I'm perfectly happy to subsidize Walmart's workers with taxes I pay (but I'm ideologically opposed to "handouts.")

Right-wing logic 101.
FYP.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:08 AM   #446
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 85,801
Default

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:45 AM   #447
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 11,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate View Post
Lol get that weak s*it outta here. Seeing as how the outcry was specifically over removing children from their FAMILIES your point is moot.

But yeah let’s chat again when Sessions is separating children from the Hamburglar or whomever you think toddlers cross the desert with
Lol, same pig, different color lipstick is what you're not understanding.

As long as the detainments of children and adults continue, that's fine by me.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:54 AM   #448
jutang
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
It also does nothing for the hundreds of thousands of kids in foster care with parents in prison.

If life was fair there'd be no reason to try to sneak into the United States.
Not even close to trying to make an argument that life is fair. Just pointing the obvious that Trump's immigration policy is unnecessarily inhumane.

Also are you really equating an adult committing homicide or a real felony to parents that are trying to flee their country to form a better life for their family?
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:04 AM   #449
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 34,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
It also does nothing for the hundreds of thousands of kids in foster care with parents in prison.

If life was fair there'd be no reason to try to sneak into the United States.
"Eh, life isn't fair! Traumatize the children! They'll get over it! Whatever it takes to keep the brown people out!" -- The Beav

TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:06 AM   #450
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 34,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutang View Post
Not even close to trying to make an argument that life is fair. Just pointing the obvious that Trump's immigration policy is unnecessarily inhumane.

Also are you really equating an adult committing homicide or a real felony to parents that are trying to flee their country to form a better life for their family?
You're not going to get any honesty out of him. He's not capable of it once he's chosen a side.

Quote:
This is what happens inside children when they are forcibly separated from their parents.

Their heart rate goes up. Their body releases a flood of stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline. Those stress hormones can start killing off dendrites — the little branches in brain cells that transmit mes­sages. In time, the stress can start killing off neurons and — especially in young children — wreaking dramatic and long-term damage, both psychologically and to the physical structure of the brain.

“The effect is catastrophic,” said Charles Nelson, a pediatrics professor at Harvard Medical School. “There’s so much research on this that if people paid attention at all to the science, they would never do this.”

That research on child-parent separation is driving pediatricians, psychologists and other health experts to vehemently oppose the Trump administration’s new border crossing policy, which has separated more than 2,000 immigrant children from their parents in recent weeks.

The American Academy of Pediatrics, the American College of Physicians and the American Psychiatric Association have all issued statements against it — representing more than 250,000 doctors in the United States. Nearly 7,700 mental-health professionals and 142 organizations have also signed a petition urging President Trump to end the policy.

“To pretend that separated children do not grow up with the shrapnel of this traumatic experience embedded in their minds is to disregard everything we know about child development, the brain, and trauma,” the petition reads.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.8f840edae45d

Suck it up! Life's not fair!

Last edited by TonyR; 06-21-2018 at 07:14 AM..
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:39 AM.


Denver Broncos