The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2016, 03:19 PM   #1426
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 48,208

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
The Yankees shouldn't get anything out of any deal.
No, I want to trade with New York. Scribe must be raped.

#JusticeforDuke #JusticeforAuburnChoking.

Karmic payback COMIN
SoCalBronco is offline  
Old 12-23-2016, 03:24 PM   #1427
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
No, I want to trade with New York. Scribe must be raped.

#JusticeforDuke #JusticeforAuburnChoking.

Karmic payback COMIN
More like #SoxsupportAlGolden COMIN.
IndelibleScribe is online now  
Old 12-23-2016, 03:53 PM   #1428
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 48,208

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
More like #SoxsupportAlGolden COMIN.
No Scribe...The Yankees are going to pay for your egregious offenses against me.

We all already suffered because of you once besides those two heinous crimes. Who do you think "inspired" Elway to pick an injury prone bust weakling in the third round in 2015?

You set a great example for your RL counterpart.

And the fact that IRman was from Ohio State was another big **** you from the draft gods to Scribe

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 12-23-2016 at 03:55 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline  
Old 12-23-2016, 04:01 PM   #1429
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
No Scribe...The Yankees are going to pay for your egregious offenses against me.

We all already suffered because of you once besides those two heinous crimes. Who do you think "inspired" Elway to pick an injury prone bust weakling in the third round in 2015?

You set a great example for your RL counterpart.

And the fact that IRman was from Ohio State was another big **** you from the draft gods to Scribe
I would like to point out that Heuerman & O'Leary were the 2 players from that class that I wanted no part of and was extremely vocal about it.
Same with Booker from this past draft.

Besides...unless the Sox are taking on Ellsbury, I don't see a single way we make a trade with them.
IndelibleScribe is online now  
Old 12-23-2016, 04:34 PM   #1430
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 48,208

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
I would like to point out that Heuerman & O'Leary were the 2 players from that class that I wanted no part of and was extremely vocal about it.
Same with Booker from this past draft.

Besides...unless the Sox are taking on Ellsbury, I don't see a single way we make a trade with them.
I've never contended that you wanted us to pick Heuerman, only that it was karmic payback for you taking that p***Y Oregon OL instead of Duke. Elway prolly looked at your draft and said "well if a injury prone weakling bust is good enough at 3 for Scribe's Broncos, it's good enough for me, what could go wrong?"

When I'm a grandfather I will still wistfully remember you taking that p***Y for us instead of Duke....and right now I'm 36 and childless.


/end rant. Sorry for thread jacking, back to baseball. I hope NYY gets raped.
SoCalBronco is offline  
Old 12-23-2016, 06:05 PM   #1431
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I've never contended that you wanted us to pick Heuerman, only that it was karmic payback for you taking that p***Y Oregon OL instead of Duke. Elway prolly looked at your draft and said "well if a injury prone weakling bust is good enough at 3 for Scribe's Broncos, it's good enough for me, what could go wrong?"

When I'm a grandfather I will still wistfully remember you taking that p***Y for us instead of Duke....and right now I'm 36 and childless.


/end rant. Sorry for thread jacking, back to baseball. I hope NYY gets raped.
I know what you meant, I was making you sound petty while ignoring the shade.

NY is not going to deal with the Sox, we see the thirst...we have no intention of question it.
IndelibleScribe is online now  
Old 12-23-2016, 06:50 PM   #1432
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 48,208

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
I know what you meant, I was making you sound petty while ignoring the shade.

NY is not going to deal with the Sox, we see the thirst...we have no intention of question it.
I stipulate I am super petty and a b****.

Scribe, there were other permutations noted also one of them involved NY getting Glasnow from PIT, which would make sense. But since they aren't intending on trading Meadows and have to unload McCutcheon at some point, it seemed like if that is the real trade, then most of the assets we would get would have to come from NY since neither of PITs top two prospects would be coming to us. We'd prolly have to get Frazier from NY since I know Hahn wants to address the OF, plus Keller and Newman from PIT.
SoCalBronco is offline  
Old 12-23-2016, 06:52 PM   #1433
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I stipulate I am super petty and a b****.

Scribe, there were other permutations noted also one of them involved NY getting Glasnow from PIT, which would make sense. But since they aren't intending on trading Meadows and have to unload McCutcheon at some point, it seemed like if that is the real trade, then most of the assets we would get would have to come from NY since neither of PITs top two prospects would be coming to us. We'd prolly have to get Frazier from NY since I know Hahn wants to address the OF, plus Keller and Newman from PIT.
Thirsty b****!

IndelibleScribe is online now  
Old 12-23-2016, 06:55 PM   #1434
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 48,208

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
Thirsty b****!

I'm not that thirsty in that situation, it's only Frazier, the others are from the Pirates and if that variation was what it's really about, you are getting a great young arm and you've got more than enough outfielders in the system.

I gotta drink Scribe. One way or another, we are gonna end up with one of (or more) NYY young savage outfielders. I can just feel it.
SoCalBronco is offline  
Old 12-23-2016, 07:45 PM   #1435
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,866
Default

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">the problem with that interesting pitts-nyy-cws rumor is if yanks trade prospects, they'd want quintana, not an OF</p>&mdash; Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/812370409630892032">December 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
IndelibleScribe is online now  
Old 12-23-2016, 07:52 PM   #1436
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 48,208

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">the problem with that interesting pitts-nyy-cws rumor is if yanks trade prospects, they'd want quintana, not an OF</p>&mdash; Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/812370409630892032">December 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Perhaps then Glasnow is going to NY, in which case, Rutherford is definitely coming to us plus a few more pieces from PIT (Newman would be among them for sure).
SoCalBronco is offline  
Old 12-24-2016, 03:44 AM   #1437
RepentWalpurgis
Ring of Famer
 
RepentWalpurgis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 10,189
Default

Jose Bautista is willing to take a one year deal now. Paging Bill Dewitt!
RepentWalpurgis is offline  
Old 12-26-2016, 03:25 PM   #1438
RepentWalpurgis
Ring of Famer
 
RepentWalpurgis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 10,189
Default

Dodgers & Cardinals are the primary players for Brian Dozier per Darren Wolfson.
RepentWalpurgis is offline  
Old 12-26-2016, 07:00 PM   #1439
TD4HOF
Ring of Famer
 
TD4HOF's Avatar
 
This is the face of boozy delusion

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,806

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny Walker
Default

My first thought when our latest midget butterfingers fumbled the kickoff last night: can’t wait for baseball.
TD4HOF is offline  
Old 12-27-2016, 08:27 AM   #1440
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 48,208

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

https://mobile.twitter.com/BNighteng...49518969737216

Allegedly, NYY back in talks with us after backing out of the three team trade. Apparently, they want Robertson too and want us to eat some of his salary. This makes no sense to me since they signed Chapman.

Scribe, if you want Quintana and Robertson and have us eat some contract money, I'm gonna clean out your whole system, b****.

I know CWS LOVES Rutherford, so I'm sure he will have to be part of it plus Torres plus probably a pitcher (Kaprelian or Severino) plus MOAR. Hahn isn't going to give up both plus take back cash without taking half a damn dozen Yankee prospects and elite ones too.

Scribe if you get both I can guaran-damn-tee you that you'll be my b****.
SoCalBronco is offline  
Old 12-27-2016, 11:26 AM   #1441
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 48,208

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

I'm jacking off to the thought of an infield of Torres, Moncada and Anderson and prolly Collins at 1B when he comes up and Rutherford the savage in the OF.

Scribe, you gon get raped son.
SoCalBronco is offline  
Old 12-27-2016, 12:17 PM   #1442
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/BNighteng...49518969737216

Allegedly, NYY back in talks with us after backing out of the three team trade. Apparently, they want Robertson too and want us to eat some of his salary. This makes no sense to me since they signed Chapman.

Scribe, if you want Quintana and Robertson and have us eat some contract money, I'm gonna clean out your whole system, b****.

I know CWS LOVES Rutherford, so I'm sure he will have to be part of it plus Torres plus probably a pitcher (Kaprelian or Severino) plus MOAR. Hahn isn't going to give up both plus take back cash without taking half a damn dozen Yankee prospects and elite ones too.

Scribe if you get both I can guaran-damn-tee you that you'll be my b****.


Torres isn't getting dealt. Maybe Mateo and Rutherford, possibly Frazier.

Deal still makes no sense.

They want Robertson to replace Andrew Miller's role, Joe loves to have his relievers set with certain innings roles.
It would be Clippard in the 6th, Robertson in the 7th, Betances in the 8th and Chapman in the 9th.

Last edited by IndelibleScribe; 12-27-2016 at 12:19 PM..
IndelibleScribe is online now  
Old 12-27-2016, 01:00 PM   #1443
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 48,208

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post


Torres isn't getting dealt. Maybe Mateo and Rutherford, possibly Frazier.

Deal still makes no sense.

They want Robertson to replace Andrew Miller's role, Joe loves to have his relievers set with certain innings roles.
It would be Clippard in the 6th, Robertson in the 7th, Betances in the 8th and Chapman in the 9th.
If Torres isn't getting dealt does that mean that.....


Yo Soy Gary COMIN?
SoCalBronco is offline  
Old 12-27-2016, 09:40 PM   #1444
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
If Torres isn't getting dealt does that mean that.....


Yo Soy Gary COMIN?
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Checked with few folks and <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Yankees?src=hash">#Yankees</a> are not working on a deal that involves Quintana/Robertson <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Whitesox?src=hash">#Whitesox</a></p>&mdash; Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) <a href="https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/813797021056401408">December 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Poor SoCal...
IndelibleScribe is online now  
Old 12-27-2016, 09:52 PM   #1445
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 48,208

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Checked with few folks and <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Yankees?src=hash">#Yankees</a> are not working on a deal that involves Quintana/Robertson <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Whitesox?src=hash">#Whitesox</a></p>&mdash; Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) <a href="https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/813797021056401408">December 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Poor SoCal...
We'll see soon enough, Scribe. There's too much smoke, here and the Yankees are putting out their local reporters to tamp it down cause they know we are trying to get everyone to raise their bid and create a market.

I'd rather not include Robertson because I think we can rape Washington again. I believe right now Washington wants him bad, but Hahn wants Robles for him which they said no, so we are in a holding pattern. For Quintana alone, the Sox would probably do a deal centered around Torres and Rutherford with NY. I suspect NY said no to Torres but provided Mateo instead to which we probably said ok, then add Severino as the third big piece and NY said no.
SoCalBronco is offline  
Old 12-28-2016, 07:34 AM   #1446
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 34,536
Default Did the Sale trade move the market beyond most teams' reach?

Quote:
To hear some rival evaluators tell it, the Chicago White Sox kind of ruined it for any team looking to trade for a starting pitcher. When Chicago GM Rick Hahn traded Chris Sale to the Boston Red Sox earlier this month, he received so much in return in prospects that he reset market expectations for what you can get back for a starting pitcher.

Never mind that Sale was the best available starting pitcher, and unlike any other because of his pure stuff and his past success. But some teams interested in acquiring a pitcher in trade -- which is the best way to land a potentially high-end starter right now, because this winter’s class of free-agent pitchers is so historically thin -- report that the trade of Sale has seemingly nudged the asking prices from other teams even higher.

“It’s crazy,” one executive said. “It’s like everyone is trying to replicate their version of the [Sale] trade.”
http://www.espn.com/blog/buster-olne.../post?id=15536
TonyR is online now  
Old 12-28-2016, 10:22 AM   #1447
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 48,208

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
This was an argument made by Scribe, earlier. It lacks merit because it's overbroad and ignores the particular elements of the trade. Sale is a unique piece in that he 1) is a CY Young caliber pitcher 2) is still quite young and 3) is on a very, very cheap contract with 3 more years.

So this idea that everyone thinks the market for their decent starting pitchers is this level, it's not. Are there 10-15 other SP that fit all these elements? No. There probably aren't even 6-8 pitchers with these elements. The market is based on the specific talent at play nothing more. This isn't kindergarten where some kid says "Jimmy got three signed baseball cards for his transformer , I want that too", ignoring the fact that the other transformer might be bigger, better and give blowjobs too. These are grown men and they understand the particulars of how markets work and what factors can drive up prices.

I also note the depth of BOS system probably was another factor that was important as well.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 12-28-2016 at 10:39 AM..
SoCalBronco is offline  
Old 12-28-2016, 10:53 AM   #1448
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 23,461

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Same dance every year.

Every seller wants to point to the Sale trade.
Every buyer wants to point to the Buchholz trade.

Eventually, they'll meet in the middle.
Beantown Bronco is offline  
Old 12-28-2016, 11:07 AM   #1449
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
This was an argument made by Scribe, earlier. It lacks merit because it's overbroad and ignores the particular elements of the trade. Sale is a unique piece in that he 1) is a CY Young caliber pitcher 2) is still quite young and 3) is on a very, very cheap contract with 3 more years.

So this idea that everyone thinks the market for their decent starting pitchers is this level, it's not. Are there 10-15 other SP that fit all these elements? No. There probably aren't even 6-8 pitchers with these elements. The market is based on the specific talent at play nothing more. This isn't kindergarten where some kid says "Jimmy got three signed baseball cards for his transformer , I want that too", ignoring the fact that the other transformer might be bigger, better and give blowjobs too. These are grown men and they understand the particulars of how markets work and what factors can drive up prices.

I also note the depth of BOS system probably was another factor that was important as well.
It has impacted the market due to the exorbitant amount that was given in return for Sale, more so in scope than when the Yankees changed the reliever market when they dealt away Chapman and Miller last season.

In all fairness, it is about supply and demand and the demand is greater than the supply.
The two outlier trades of this off-season were Boston's trade for Sale and Washington's trade for Eaton.

Now the teams are trying to get that deal for themselves and Chicago is attempting to gain the maximum value they can for their other pieces.
They have that right to demand that value as they have gotten it twice before.
IndelibleScribe is online now  
Old 12-28-2016, 11:24 AM   #1450
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 48,208

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
It has impacted the market due to the exorbitant amount that was given in return for Sale, more so in scope than when the Yankees changed the reliever market when they dealt away Chapman and Miller last season.

In all fairness, it is about supply and demand and the demand is greater than the supply.
The two outlier trades of this off-season were Boston's trade for Sale and Washington's trade for Eaton.

Now the teams are trying to get that deal for themselves and Chicago is attempting to gain the maximum value they can for their other pieces.
They have that right to demand that value as they have gotten it twice before.
I agree that Eaton is an outlier although it should be noted that WAS had soured on Giolito, but I don't think Sale is a rape in any way. Sale would have prolly won at least one and maybe more CY Young's already if he was on a team that didn't routinely waste his quality starts. And he's cheap as hell. The price by definition has to be extremely steep.

And I note from what I've read earlier, the package we got wasn't even what CHI originally wanted. They wanted Benintendi from BOS but they said no.
SoCalBronco is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:26 PM.


Denver Broncos