The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2014, 11:59 AM   #76
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
What does "Early impressions - rahim Moore is back and will keep that spot. However duke, q carter and Bruton all in good shape" mean?
It means DMac is an idiot. We should have a separate thread for DMac tweets. I'd hate to have intelligent remarks mixed in with anything that moron says.
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:22 PM   #77
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://www.denverbroncos.com/cda-web...eviewMode=true
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #78
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brendan Langley

Really looking forward to the rookie WR from Fresno. I think he'll be groomed to take Welker's spot in a season.

We're going to have a lot of potent weapons to throw to on offense. Key is getting that mentality to run and play forward to finish games out this year when the opportunity calls for it.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #79
DenverDynamite
Perennial Pro-bowler

HORSE POWER!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Driving to work this morning I got to hand it to the FAN (104.3). They counted down to Broncos training camp for two weeks and as soon as the very first closed public practice starts they cut to Dan Patrick talking about the ****ing Clippers.
So FAIL.
DenverDynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:08 PM   #80
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDynamite View Post
Driving to work this morning I got to hand it to the FAN (104.3). They counted down to Broncos training camp for two weeks and as soon as the very first closed public practice starts they cut to Dan Patrick talking about the ****ing Clippers.
So FAIL.
UNREAL. I was so freaking pissed about that.
When training camp starts, you go local and stay local no matter what. Just stupid.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:15 PM   #81
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
UNREAL. I was so freaking pissed about that.
When training camp starts, you go local and stay local no matter what. Just stupid.
http://milehighsports.com/radio/

*WARNING* I think Gil Whitely is on now, and that's just not good for anyone. The morning group is decent though.
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:25 PM   #82
ATL-Eric

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

Where are the speakers?
ATL-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:28 PM   #83
baja
Headmaster

"Win from now on" - Elway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
Where are the speakers?
Ha I was thinking the same thing
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:31 PM   #84
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...ng-camp/28379/

"Demaryius Thomas excused from first days of training camp"

Grandma passed. Sorry if this was posted elsewhere. Anus, moon, pepper.
The grandma that raised him while his mom was in prison. Ouch.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:29 PM   #85
Ziggy
Ring of Famer

Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
The grandma that raised him while his mom was in prison. Ouch.
His grandmother was in prison with his mother from the time he was 12. It was his uncle the Baptist minister that raised him from then on.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:37 PM   #86
Sly_Eli
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
His grandmother was in prison with his mother from the time he was 12. It was his uncle the Baptist minister that raised him from then on.
I could be wrong, but I seem to remember his grandmother and mother working together on a drug dealing operation that got them both locked away. The grandma was the leader, and got charged with way more. The mom is supposed to be released in the next couple years.
Sly_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:38 PM   #87
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambiguous View Post
http://milehighsports.com/radio/

*WARNING* I think Gil Whitely is on now, and that's just not good for anyone. The morning group is decent though.
The funny thing is, their radio signal was down all morning. It was playing the most god-awful rap/top 40 stuff. I called the station and they said "yeah, we're working on it" lol
Old 07-24-2014, 02:56 PM   #88
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
This is the "other" grandmother. Apparently, she had a hand in raising him also.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:58 PM   #89
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Mason's Five Thoughts from Camp Day 1

"1.When I was part of the handful of media talking to new wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, I wanted to point out the positive part of his day: a deep catch on a go route from Peyton Manning during the one-on-one period. Sanders beat cornerback Tony Carter downfield and made a perfect catch of a well-timed throw that arrived at his back shoulder. It looked as though they'd been working on that route for years.

But Sanders only saw the flaws -- particularly a drop near the sideline during a team period later in practice.

"My grandma could have caught that pass," Sanders said. "Conditioning kind of got me, but no excuses, I should have caught it. So if I drop a pass, I donít care what it is: Iím below an 'F.'"

That Sanders noted "conditioning" was crucial; he acknowledged that he is still adjusting to the altitude.

"This stuff is real, man. I was tired and today I felt like my heart was going to explode. I worked my butt off. I trained down in Texas and you canít prepare for this. Youíve just got to go out there every day and work it and eventually youíre going to get in shape."

2. Wide receiver Cody Latimer's physical gifts were obvious from the moment he began working against fellow rookie Bradley Roby in one-on-one drills. Roby is tenacious, but on the first pass of the period, Latimer used his hands to fight off Roby, who came close to holding the receiver, to make the grab from Brock Osweiler.

Another impressive example of Latimer's day came on a short pass near the right sideline from Osweiler during a seven-on-seven period. With Tony Carter closing and making contact, Latimer's first task was to secure the ball; he did this cleanly and avoided the big mistake.

3. DeMarcus Ware picked up where he left off at the end of organized team activities, mixing explosive speed with patience to wait for opportunities to come before striking like a cobra. He blew up one potential Peyton Manning pass from the back side with what would have been a thunderous sack had it been the regular season; instead, he settled for a pressure that led to an incompletion.

He was not the only Bronco to mount pressure. With Von Miller being eased back into work, Brandon Marshall and Lerentee McCray had opportunities to work in his place, and both were able to disrupt passes with pressure up the middle.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...b-5f47b820d42a
Old 07-24-2014, 03:29 PM   #90
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

"Physically, Miller looks fantastic. He wouldn't specify his weight but he is clearly lighter. He said he worked out every day, and stayed true to his diet. He feels like the weight loss is going to help him play like he did in 2012, when he was a terror off the edge.

"A Ferrari isn't built to carry luggage to and from the airport," Miller said. "You want it to be light, streamlined. That's what I'm trying to get to. I figured out that when I was 280 pounds, 275 pounds, [offensive linemen] are still going to hold you, regardless..."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...204328883.html
Old 07-24-2014, 03:34 PM   #91
Rabb
Ring of Famer

It was a little surreal to see Ware in a Denver uniform. God this is going to be a fun defense to watch.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:25 PM   #92
Smiling Assassin27
Concerned Citizen

Blimey me hearties

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pirate Giraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
"1.When I was part of the handful of media talking to new wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, I wanted to point out the positive part of his day: a deep catch on a go route from Peyton Manning during the one-on-one period. Sanders beat cornerback Tony Carter downfield and made a perfect catch of a well-timed throw that arrived at his back shoulder. It looked as though they'd been working on that route for years.

But Sanders only saw the flaws -- particularly a drop near the sideline during a team period later in practice.

"My grandma could have caught that pass," Sanders said. "Conditioning kind of got me, but no excuses, I should have caught it. So if I drop a pass, I donít care what it is: Iím below an 'F.'"

That Sanders noted "conditioning" was crucial; he acknowledged that he is still adjusting to the altitude.

"This stuff is real, man. I was tired and today I felt like my heart was going to explode. I worked my butt off. I trained down in Texas and you canít prepare for this. Youíve just got to go out there every day and work it and eventually youíre going to get in shape."

2. Wide receiver Cody Latimer's physical gifts were obvious from the moment he began working against fellow rookie Bradley Roby in one-on-one drills. Roby is tenacious, but on the first pass of the period, Latimer used his hands to fight off Roby, who came close to holding the receiver, to make the grab from Brock Osweiler.

Another impressive example of Latimer's day came on a short pass near the right sideline from Osweiler during a seven-on-seven period. With Tony Carter closing and making contact, Latimer's first task was to secure the ball; he did this cleanly and avoided the big mistake.

3. DeMarcus Ware picked up where he left off at the end of organized team activities, mixing explosive speed with patience to wait for opportunities to come before striking like a cobra. He blew up one potential Peyton Manning pass from the back side with what would have been a thunderous sack had it been the regular season; instead, he settled for a pressure that led to an incompletion.

He was not the only Bronco to mount pressure. With Von Miller being eased back into work, Brandon Marshall and Lerentee McCray had opportunities to work in his place, and both were able to disrupt passes with pressure up the middle.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...b-5f47b820d42a
Call me crazy, but if I'm gonna play in Denver, I think I'd train in Denver or someplace HIGHER than Denver.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:35 PM   #93
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Call me crazy, but if I'm gonna play in Denver, I think I'd train in Denver or someplace HIGHER than Denver.

I said to myself "Texas!? **** there is your problem"
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:39 PM   #94
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
They will during training camp.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:54 PM   #95
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

They should just have them start running at the Safeway in Fraser until they go across the flats and make it to Tabernash. That's like 9,000 ft. elevation.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:02 PM   #96
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Von Miller was 280 pounds? Jesus. Who's stupid idea was that?
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #97
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

this is one of those threads where gutless sets himself apart from the vast majority of the rest of the forum. thanks for the links, dude
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:33 PM   #98
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Really looking forward to the rookie WR from Fresno. I think he'll be groomed to take Welker's spot in a season.
that's why Sanders was brought in imo
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:37 PM   #99
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
this is one of those threads where gutless sets himself apart from the vast majority of the rest of the forum. thanks for the links, dude
Yep. His mastery of the Twitter is unparalleled. He must be a millennial.

In all seriousness, we should just have a Gutless Camp updates thread.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:54 PM   #100
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Yep. His mastery of the Twitter is unparalleled. He must be a millennial.

In all seriousness, we should just have a Gutless Camp updates thread.
That's the point of this thread. I knew Gutless would come thru with the Tweets, so I started this thread for him.

Duh!