The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2018, 04:24 PM   #1
TheRationalist
Psychologist

Default Tailgating Question

If this needs to be moved to the tailgating forum, let me know... I'm a season ticket holder looking to host some tailgates this year.

I was wondering what my options were as the Broncos website "encourages tailgating" but offers little in terms of substance, and calling the stadium hotline I merely got a reading of the rules written on the website.

What are the unspoken rules of the road I need to know? Where can I set up a grill, speakers, a 10x10 tent, games, etc.?

The website/hotline merely states that I need to "back into a landscaped area, to be used for the tailgate" - yet every game I go to, I see plenty of people pregaming on the pavement as well.

Looking to keep the thing completely open to anyone who stops by and tap our keg/smoked brisket - 'donations' accepted, obviously.

This will be my first tailgate... any guidance is appreciated.

Edit - Also, are there places to plug in speakers, or will I need a generator?

Last edited by TheRationalist; 07-09-2018 at 04:29 PM..
TheRationalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2018, 07:18 PM   #2
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Why would you want to bring speakers to a tailgate? If they are powered by pavement, plenty of options, otherwise, you will need to provide power. 10x10 tent, I'd think you'd have to pay for 2 parking spots, real estate is $$$, they ain't going to give it away, IMO.
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:49 PM   #3
Meck77

1). Keep it simple ( we blew that) lol
2). Kegs aren't allowed
3). Broncos rule the lot with an iron fist
4). No open flames
5). You need to basically get there the night before anymore to guarantee a spot. It's only going to get tougher as they are developing the parking lot eventually
6) speakers? So many options for portable wifi speakers these days
7) don't bring a hot tub, mini bikes , strippers not allowed. We actually added rules to the books
8) feel free to pm as I could give more tips
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:24 PM   #4
TheRationalist
Psychologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
2). Kegs aren't allowed
4). No open flames
5). You need to basically get there the night before anymore to guarantee a spot. It's only going to get tougher as they are developing the parking lot eventually
7) don't bring a hot tub, mini bikes , strippers not allowed. We actually added rules to the books
Okay. Any place near the stadium that allows kegs?
TheRationalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:32 PM   #5
orange crusher
Predominately Orange

Mile High No Fly

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
2). Kegs aren't allowed
4). No open flames
7...unless the strippers are in the bus
orange crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:17 AM   #6
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Did someone say bus strippers?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:04 AM   #7
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

If Strippers aren't allowed who are the girls handing out cards before the bridge?
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:12 AM   #8
Meck77

What happens on the bus stays on the bus.

Much easier to just do cans. Offer what you can and byob the rest.

Last edited by Meck77; 07-11-2018 at 07:16 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:46 AM   #9
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRationalist View Post
Okay. Any place near the stadium that allows kegs?
Kegs aren't officially allowed, but if they remain in the vehicle and are relatively inconspicuous, then you're in the clear. For example, Rabb's tailgate crew has a short bus with a tap handle on the exterior. Good to go.

Big things to keep in mind:
1 - C lot is the closest you can get to the stadium without having an annual parking pass, but you have to be in line by at least 7am to get a spot. It's $30 and they open it an hour before the other lots. They allow only like 30-50 non-pass holders in.

2- M lot is on the other side of Colfax from the Stadium. It used to be the best lot (great people who'd show up early. RTD built a weird office building parking structure in the middle of the lot. I haven't used it at all. M was $30 as well.

3 - Rabb now hosts his tailgates in the N lot. It is even further south. I don't know how much it costs, but it is probably the best lot for now for all day tailgating if you want a lot of party people around. I highly recommend connecting with Rabb for one of your first tailgates.

4 - Tents, spaces, etc... You can buy one space and set a tent up in an adjacent empty space, but you will eventually be told to move it to allow another car to park there. If you get into the C lot in December, you can usually have that space right up until it is time to go inside.... you won't keep it very long in October. So, in C and M, you're best bets are finding sections of median, sidewalk, or grass where you can back up to and set up your party station. M lot has some weird triangle painted ground where cars can't park and its free to be used as a tent or grilling spot... these things disappear immediately as people show up at 5 am and put out cones, sit in chairs, etc... in those spots.

My opinion - I like a simple tailgate that lasts as long as possible. I like being in the C lot because you can cruise around the stadium and take in the sights and sounds. It is always awesome to go grab a $2 beer at the mini-Mile High (J or L lot) and some of the free samples while watching Broncos highlights. C has more activity than any of the other lots when it gets close to game time. The Broncos drummer come through, sponsors come through, a lot of the RVs are set up there.

M & N Lot is where you go if you're looking to party with fellow Broncos fans and aren't likely to move around much outside of that party.

Good luck!
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:47 AM   #10
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Also, I miss Rabb telling people off on this site.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote