The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 11:29 PM   #2151
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">mike bibby about to show up in fast and furious 9 talking about family and drinking coronas <a href="https://t.co/Y5E57Nh4sM">https://t.co/Y5E57Nh4sM</a></p>&mdash; martin rickman (@martinrickman) <a href="https://twitter.com/martinrickman/status/1007456884503339008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 15, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Damn, Bibby went and got all Vin diesel on everybody. Whenever I drive by that school I think why the heck is he coaching a HS team. Yeah yeah, I know it's the HS he went to, but still, I would think he could be asst coach for Div 1 college.

Gotta love what the Suns did in the draft. Hell yeah baby, getting Ayton and Mikal Bridges both? Seriously? Nice. Both of those guys are instant upgrades and now the Suns can strut out Ayton, Jackson, Booker, Bridges and Chriss. I see it taking half the year to work out the kinks and stuff so looking at 40 wins next year, but thinking 55 wins in 2020 and back into the playoffs.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:44 AM   #2152
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Greed is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Scribe.....I need Bulls analysis.
Wendell Carter Jr is probably Al Horford with more offensive potential.
He's NBA ready body wise and has a high level of basketball IQ.
He has a chance to end up better than his teammate Bagley. He'll rebound, defend, give you scoring down low and from mid range, has a underrated passing ability.
He needs to develop a better outside shot.
Bamba would have been the perfect big to pair Lauri with but WCJ is damn close.

Chandler Hutchinson was promised at pick #22 months ago. That's why he shut down his workouts, otherwise he would have been similar to Jerome Robinson in rising late and going higher.

He is the quintessential Bulls selection. College player, veteran, leadership skills, comes from a winning program, underrated skill level, got better each year. This is the Bulls wanting to unearth another Jimmy Butler.

6-7, reportedly up from 190 to 210 lbs, athletic, great defensive potential, long, lean and has an improving outside shot.

Bulls should have ended up with 2 starters from this draft. Now the question is, how does Lauri improve with the new talent around him and can LaVine get healthy and turn into the offensive juggernaut to help elevate everyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Scribe, tell me if the Lakers got a good one in Mo Wagner?
I think he will be very similar in impact to Kuzma from last season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I don't know about him but I've read two sites that think the Lakers reached for him.
They didn't. Mo should have gone higher. Some seriously dumb takes on him. Scouts didn't like him because he was a big man who can shoot but not overly athletic.
He is not going to be a great defender by any means but he can shoot, play great pick and roll offense, pick and pop offense and also has a solid post game.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:52 AM   #2153
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
Wendell Carter Jr is probably Al Horford with more offensive potential.
He's NBA ready body wise and has a high level of basketball IQ.
He has a chance to end up better than his teammate Bagley. He'll rebound, defend, give you scoring down low and from mid range, has a underrated passing ability.
He needs to develop a better outside shot.
Bamba would have been the perfect big to pair Lauri with but WCJ is damn close.

Chandler Hutchinson was promised at pick #22 months ago. That's why he shut down his workouts, otherwise he would have been similar to Jerome Robinson in rising late and going higher.

He is the quintessential Bulls selection. College player, veteran, leadership skills, comes from a winning program, underrated skill level, got better each year. This is the Bulls wanting to unearth another Jimmy Butler.

6-7, reportedly up from 190 to 210 lbs, athletic, great defensive potential, long, lean and has an improving outside shot.

Bulls should have ended up with 2 starters from this draft. Now the question is, how does Lauri improve with the new talent around him and can LaVine get healthy and turn into the offensive juggernaut to help elevate everyone else?

They didn't. Mo should have gone higher. Some seriously dumb takes on him. Scouts didn't like him because he was a big man who can shoot but not overly athletic.
He is not going to be a great defender by any means but he can shoot, play great pick and roll offense, pick and pop offense and also has a solid post game.
Arenít you a Michigan fan? Youíre a lot more bullish on wagner than I am. Good shooter with limited athleticism. I donít think heís kuzma

Heíll pending on the lakers summer, letís see if heís even still on the team come November

Last edited by SonOfLe-loLang; 06-22-2018 at 07:54 AM..
Old 06-22-2018, 07:55 AM   #2154
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

As a Knicks fan, I’m pleased. Knox has a smooth game and Mitchell Robinson is a great gamble in the 2nd
Old 06-22-2018, 08:48 AM   #2155
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter

Quote:

He was great in the NCAA tournament, really impressed but wonder how heíll translate in the pros. Heíll be a good player in the Lakers system.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:54 AM   #2156
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Arenít you a Michigan fan? Youíre a lot more bullish on wagner than I am. Good shooter with limited athleticism. I donít think heís kuzma

Heíll pending on the lakers summer, letís see if heís even still on the team come November
They said the exact same thing last year on Kuzma.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:23 AM   #2157
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
They said the exact same thing last year on Kuzma.
No they didn't. Lol they said the opposite. Show me a report that said he was a limited athlete and a good shooter.

He had injury issues, was a bit "older," needed to refine his perimeter game (he was a bad shooter in college and suddenly found it in the pros. He shot low 30's from 3 in college). I like him, but your claim is wrong.

Wagner is nothing like Kuz. He's a tall shooter that won't have much of a post game in the pros. If I had to bet, his ceiling is a back up stretch 5, but considering I don't think he'll be much of a rim protector, I dunno. He also doesn't rebound. I'm not bullish on him, but who knows!

Last edited by SonOfLe-loLang; 06-22-2018 at 09:26 AM..
Old 06-22-2018, 10:27 AM   #2158
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Greed is good

Quote:

Wagner has gone from a skinny 6-10 210 lb freshman who needed work in all areas of development to a 6-11 241 lb skilled big man with high basketball IQ and a burning desire to win.
He's good on help defense and can handle himself on the perimeter. 1 on 1 defense needs to improve, he is going to be an effective scorer in the post though his moves need refinement.
He'll be a consistent shooter from mid range and from 3.

He's not the most aggressive rebounder but Beilein's system does not call for that from it's primary scoring big.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:45 AM   #2159
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No they didn't. Lol they said the opposite. Show me a report that said he was a limited athlete and a good shooter.
Just about any of them. He is perfect for Bron. He loves big guys to stay out of the lane and shoot from outside.

Here is one of many
Quote:
NBA Comparison: Kelly Olynyk
Strengths: A protoypical pick-and-pop big man, Wagner has a great combination of size and skill ... Shot 39% from 3 his last year at UM, a great number for a 6'11" guy ... Crafty scorer who can get open looks and get creative both around the rim and on the perimeter ... Faceup 4 with decent handles and a really good first step at 6'11"... Runs the floor well in transition, creating a lot of opportunities at the rim in those situations ... Efficient player who shot 53% or better each year of college ... Patient inside with a variety of post moves ... Quick hands that allow him to strip the ball when playing help defense ... Good feel for the game, provides leadership and instinctiveness on the floor ... Shows a lot of determination ... Not a great athlete but has shown the ability to hold his own when isolated on the perimeter against Big Ten guards ... Good hands and pick-and-pop threat make him ideal pick-and-roll big ... Deadly spin move when finishing at the rim ...

Weaknesses: What may have worked with his faceup game in college will likely be much more easily neutralized in the pros as defenders are quicker and longer ... Not a great rim protector and not really athletic or quick enough to defend the 4 either ... May be neutralized to merely a stretch big at the next level ... Average rebounder for a 6'11" guy ... Does not project to offer a lot of versatility at the next level besides being a big guy who can shoot and occasionally score inside ... For a 40% 3point shooter, he surprisingly struggles from the FT line at below 70% ...

Overall: Wagner has upside as a deadly shooter with great size and a developing faceup game, but against quicker, more athletic competition, he may struggle to get looks both inside and out or offer much outside of shooting...

Notes: Measured: 6' 10.5'' barefoot, 6' 11.5'' in shoes, 241.4 lbs, 7' 0'' wingspan, 9' 0'' standing reach, 6.75% body fat, 9.00 inch hand length at the 2018 NBA Draft Combine
Old 06-22-2018, 11:24 AM   #2160
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Wagner has gone from a skinny 6-10 210 lb freshman who needed work in all areas of development to a 6-11 241 lb skilled big man with high basketball IQ and a burning desire to win.
He's good on help defense and can handle himself on the perimeter. 1 on 1 defense needs to improve, he is going to be an effective scorer in the post though his moves need refinement.
He'll be a consistent shooter from mid range and from 3.

He's not the most aggressive rebounder but Beilein's system does not call for that from it's primary scoring big.
Exactly. he'll be a good shooter who is limited everywhere else. He def hustles, I just don't know that I'd bet on his success. If his jumpshoot isn't falling, he's useless. he won't create offense other ways. He could be a decent role player on the second unit, but I think he's really limited.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:26 AM   #2161
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Just about any of them. He is perfect for Bron. He loves big guys to stay out of the lane and shoot from outside.

Here is one of many
I was talking about Kuzma when I said that, not Wagner. Follow the thread.

But yes, if you want to compare him to a Kevin Love with no inside game and little rebounding ability, have at.

I'm not Nostradomus, I don't know what kind of player he'll wind up being (he's young, so all this is only a prediction), but I wouldn't bet money that he's gonna be anything special. A role player, second unit guy who can hit jumpshots and not much else. There's room for a guy like that if he hits threes at a high level, but I don't think he'll be much more than that.

Last edited by SonOfLe-loLang; 06-22-2018 at 11:28 AM..
Old 06-22-2018, 11:57 AM   #2162
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter

Quote:
They all say he wasnít strong enough and wasnít a playmaker. You know, thereís a reason why Kuzma was selected at 27. Lol if they said the opposite he would be a top ten selection, easily.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:05 PM   #2163
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
They all say he wasnít strong enough and wasnít a playmaker. You know, thereís a reason why Kuzma was selected at 27. Lol if they said the opposite he would be a top ten selection, easily.
I often feel like I'm talking to a wall on this site.

He couldn't shoot. That was the main knock on him (along with injuries and age). I never talked about his playmaking ability, in fact, he was a fairly skilled player that was good in transition (though not really on a defensive end), which is why he was a first round pick. You implied that Kuzma was known as a good shooter and a limited athlete, and neither of those are true.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:47 PM   #2164
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Greed is good

Quote:
I was talking about Kuzma when I said that, not Wagner. Follow the thread.

But yes, if you want to compare him to a Kevin Love with no inside game and little rebounding ability, have at.

I'm not Nostradomus, I don't know what kind of player he'll wind up being (he's young, so all this is only a prediction), but I wouldn't bet money that he's gonna be anything special. A role player, second unit guy who can hit jumpshots and not much else. There's room for a guy like that if he hits threes at a high level, but I don't think he'll be much more than that.
He'll get better at defense and rebounding as he gains experience. His role will change in the NBA.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:22 PM   #2165
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
He'll get better at defense and rebounding as he gains experience. His role will change in the NBA.
Maybe. I just wouldnít bet on it
Old 06-22-2018, 08:41 PM   #2166
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Damn, Bibby went and got all Vin diesel on everybody. Whenever I drive by that school I think why the heck is he coaching a HS team. Yeah yeah, I know it's the HS he went to, but still, I would think he could be asst coach for Div 1 college.

Gotta love what the Suns did in the draft. Hell yeah baby, getting Ayton and Mikal Bridges both? Seriously? Nice. Both of those guys are instant upgrades and now the Suns can strut out Ayton, Jackson, Booker, Bridges and Chriss. I see it taking half the year to work out the kinks and stuff so looking at 40 wins next year, but thinking 55 wins in 2020 and back into the playoffs.
Bibby had a NICE NBA career.
Old 06-23-2018, 07:38 AM   #2167
iforgotmypassword
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Peyton brought talent in. James pushed it out so he can play the lack of talent card. Just wait till Cavs alget the next 6 first over all picks because they have nothing. They will end up with his kid and poof he will be back demanding trades and coaches fired all at the ripe age of 1000.
Does anyone remember thinking we were going to get Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark, and Jeff Saturday for Pennies on the dollar? (Maybe it was Reggie Wayne) That never panned out.

Back to NBA! Looking forward to next few weeks. The NBA is pure entertainment from the conference finals all the way until game 10ish of the regular season. Not sure that that is Adam Silverís goal but thatís how myself and other guys I BS with about the NBA look at it.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:30 AM   #2168
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

Here is one of many
I highly doubt an NBA team will pick a player based on where a free agent will go.

Even if LeBron goes to LA, i doubt Wagner plays much as a rookie. Stupid comment.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:53 PM   #2169
maven
#happy

Wanted to comment, I'm down with Denver drafting Porter at #14

Redshirt him if you have to.

With a low pick there's no reason to not try and grab a talent like him. Shoot for the stars.

As Denver is shaping up, they will return the same team for 2018-19. Definitely good enough to make the playoffs.

Keep being patient Denver as expiring contracts will be off the books after next season, and/or package them for someone.

Nuggets have a bright future, just stay the course. Please don't do anything stupid as the youth core matures
Old 06-24-2018, 09:58 PM   #2170
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Wanted to comment, I'm down with Denver drafting Porter at #14

Redshirt him if you have to.

With a low pick there's no reason to not try and grab a talent like him. Shoot for the stars.

As Denver is shaping up, they will return the same team for 2018-19. Definitely good enough to make the playoffs.

Keep being patient Denver as expiring contracts will be off the books after next season, and/or package them for someone.

Nuggets have a bright future, just stay the course. Please don't do anything stupid as the youth core matures
Jarred Vanderbilt in the 2nd was also a high risk/high reward pick who turned into a low risk/high reward guy when he dropped. Had he gone back to Kentucky and got healthy, he is thought to have been a possible lottery pick next year. McDonald's All American, 12th ranked HS player in the country when he came out...super athletic SF, can guard all 5 positions on D, and handle the ball like a guard at 6'9", excellent passer, can penetrate at will, and he may have been the best rebounder in the draft...he just has to spend a year in the D League and work on getting his shot going, and he could be a steal.

Last edited by footstepsfrom#27; 06-24-2018 at 10:04 PM..
Old 06-24-2018, 10:02 PM   #2171
maven
#happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Jarred Vanderbilt in the 2nd was also a high risk/high reward pick who turned into a low risk/high reward guy when he dropped. Had he gone back to Kentucky and got healthy, he is thought to have been a possible lottery pick next year. McDonald's All American, 12th ranked HS player in the country when he came out...super athletic, can guard all 5 positions on D, and handle the ball like a guard, excellent passer, and he may have been the best rebounder in the draft...he just has to spend a year in the D League and work on getting his shot going, and he could be a steal.
With the Denver Nuggets just stay the course.

Continue to build and infuse young talent. This will be their recipe for success in the NBA
Old 06-24-2018, 10:03 PM   #2172
maven
#happy

It's time to retire this thread
Old 06-27-2018, 12:31 AM   #2173
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

TEST
Closed Thread