The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 09:18 PM   #226
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Mariners with a huge comeback today. Down 10-6 in the 8th, and come back to win it with 3 in the 8th and 2 in the 9th. Cruz with 2 HR, 5 RBI and a walk off single to win it.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:20 PM   #227
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Cards take the lead 2-1.

#TweetLikebombay
Grow the **** up
3B. Marcell Ateman, WR Oklahoma State
4A. Parry Nickerson, CB Tulane
4B. Oren Burks, S/"Big Nickel"/OLB/Star Vanderbilt (MUG's No. 1 overall prospect)
5. Josh Adams, RB Notre Dame
6. Matthew Thomas, OLB Florida State
7A. Cole Madison, G Washington State
7B. Natrell Jamerson, FS Wisconsin
Old 04-19-2015, 09:22 PM   #228
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe

Greed is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Grow the **** up
That kind of losses it's effect when you throw the F bomb in there while admonishing someone else.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:32 AM   #229
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Grow the **** up
I think it is appropriate. Growing Up should be from the one Hijacking The thread With inning by Inning drivel. No one cares about it yet you think it is ok.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:06 AM   #230
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Nelson Cruz going hammer. Too bad Mariners pitching is blowing weenies right now.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:06 AM   #231
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Nelson Cruz going hammer. Too bad Mariners pitching is blowing weenies right now.
Yeah, never would have guessed Happ would be the second best starter on the team (I think the others will come around though).
Old 04-20-2015, 11:04 AM   #232
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Amazing to see if Cruz can actually pound homeruns s this season from the park that is known for "where power hitters go to die". AL West is looking like AFC West from 2011.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:18 AM   #233
Blake Street Bomber
Ring of Famer

Baseball is a year-round sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Amazing to see if Cruz can actually pound homeruns s this season from the park that is known for "where power hitters go to die". AL West is looking like AFC West from 2011.
Cruz leads baseball with eight dingers now. I think he's going to be fine. He needs 22 HR in the remaining 150 games to reach 30 round-trippers.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:21 AM   #234
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

0-2 so far in my fantasy league. Keeping up with who pitches what day is rediculous. There should be no "bench" for that position
Old 04-20-2015, 03:41 PM   #235
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Lost my fantasy match, 456-452, while some people are winning games not scoring 300 points, smh.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:06 PM   #236
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

This is cool....I never realized Craig Sager was in this famous clip:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ron-hit-no-715

Craig Sager Tells the Story of Being on the Field When Hank Aaron Hit No. 715
Old 04-20-2015, 04:31 PM   #237
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

The Royals Are Serving Fans Moldy Garbage Hot Dogs

The picture you see above, via KCTV 5, was snapped by a Royals fan who attended Friday’s game at Kaufman Stadium. That first, not entirely revolting hot dog is what was available to fans who wanted to pay normal prices for food. That pallid tube of, uh, meat (?) that’s been stuffed into some sort of molecularly compromised bread product is what fans who wanted to take advantage of Dollar Hot Dog Night were given. This is bad—and disgusting!

This bad, disgusting food was all over the stadium on Friday.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:45 PM   #238
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:
Grow the **** up
Gets kinda annoying posting play by play after every freaking game when there's 162 games.

I can get posting something like if they hit a cycle, or a CG, or what have you but posting play by play after every game is stupid.

Some here agree.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:48 PM   #239
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Quote:
Gets kinda annoying posting play by play after every freaking game when there's 162 games.

I can get posting something like if they hit a cycle, or a CG, or what have you but posting play by play after every game is stupid.

Some here agree.
Let it go Boss, lol.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:33 PM   #240
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Lost my fantasy match, 456-452, while some people are winning games not scoring 300 points, smh.
lol....you complain about play by play posts, but then post your fantasy baseball scores.

Rule #1 in fantasy sports: nobody cares about your team, especially people that aren't in your league.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:01 PM   #241
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
lol....you complain about play by play posts, but then post your fantasy baseball scores.

Rule #1 in fantasy sports: nobody cares about your team, especially people that aren't in your league.
, I posted it once, when someone else posted about it.

Two, you cant be talking since you're just as worse about play by play in baseball with the Tigers.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:09 PM   #242
Blake Street Bomber
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Head to head is lame.

Grow a pair and play roto.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:17 PM   #243
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
I'm guilty of eating pretty much anything they'll throw at me at sporting events without complaint, but this made me gag.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:00 PM   #244
Blake Street Bomber
Ring of Famer

@JonHeymanCBS: addison russell latest cubs phenom to get the call. the SS is expected to play 2B in short term. http://t.co/HJ0kD3hzIZ
Old 04-21-2015, 12:09 AM   #245
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe

Greed is good

Quote:

The picture you see above, via KCTV 5, was snapped by a Royals fan who attended Friday’s game at Kaufman Stadium. That first, not entirely revolting hot dog is what was available to fans who wanted to pay normal prices for food. That pallid tube of, uh, meat (?) that’s been stuffed into some sort of molecularly compromised bread product is what fans who wanted to take advantage of Dollar Hot Dog Night were given. This is bad—and disgusting!

This bad, disgusting food was all over the stadium on Friday.

I would go Britt McHenry in that b****!
Old 04-21-2015, 09:09 AM   #246
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Reds manager Bryan Price unleashes 77 F-bombs in epic tirade against media
Old 04-21-2015, 09:13 AM   #247
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

It's a thing of beauty:

Quote:
"I bend over backwards to be honest and direct with you ******* guys and you stick it right up my ******* a** — and the ******* team's a**."
Old 04-21-2015, 09:13 AM   #248
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Bryan Price: I just want an answer on how we benefit from them knowing that Devin Mesoraco isn't here.

C. Trent Rosecrans: I don't think you do and I don't know that that's my job.

BP: Your job is not to sniff out every ******* thing is about the Reds and ******* put it out there for every other ******* guy to hear. It's not your job. You want me to be candid with you? I've been candid with you. I ******* talk to you guys like men, I tell you what the ****'s going on with the team, I tell you how I'm feeling as candidly as I can and then this s***? You've got to watch this ******* s***? I've got to ******* read that on a ******* Tweet on our own people in here that we don't have a ******* player? How the **** does that benefit the Reds? It doesn't benefit us one ******* bit. God **** we try to go out there and win ******* games and I got to come in here and then you guys ******* blow it all over the ******* place? Who we can play? Who we can't? I'll tell you what you want to know, I'm not going to ******* lie to you. I didn't tell you ******* s***.

CTR: You did not lie to me and I appreciate it.

BP: Ah, ****. I'm just, I'm ******* p****** up a rope in this ******* business. Because everyone has to know everything all the ******* time. That's not my ******* obligation, it's not their obligation. You know why ******* Billy Hamilton didn't ******* play? The other day? Because his ******* finger's hurt and he couldn't hit right-handed comfortably. Right? So that's something that I need to know and no one else needs to know. No one else needs to ******* know it, and all of a sudden it's out there. His ******* fingers are sore. It doesn't benefit us. It wasn't from you, but it doesn't benefit us one bit to ******* announce to the ******* other teams that we're playing to bring in lefties when they need to ******* get Billy out. There's no benefit. So, I'm *******, to be honest with you, I'm ******* sick of this s***. I'm sick of listening to this ******* s***, I'm sick of ******* the ******* second-guessing b*******, you guys can do whatever the **** you want, but I'll tell you this — I'm not going to ******* tell you everything about this ******* club, because you ******* guys are going to out there and sniff it out anyway. I don't ******* like it one ******* bit. I bend over backwards to be honest and direct with you ******* guys and you stick it right up my ******* a** — and the ******* team's a**. And I'm sick of it. What do you got? If you don't got anything, get out and I'll do this ******* interview with Marty. You don't have anything? Just get out, please.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:04 AM   #249
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

wow, written out its quite ***************
Old 04-21-2015, 10:07 AM   #250
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

The Tigers won again last night to go to 11-2 on the season.

I thought the Tigers might be on the decline a bit this season, after losing starting pitchers Max Scherzer and Rick Porcello and Justin Verlander being injured to start the season. They also lost Torii Hunter.

They added staring pitchers Shane Greene (3-0 0.39 ERA) and Alfredo Simon (3-0 1.74 ERA) who have both looked solid this season through their first 3 starts.

The Tigers added Yoenis Cespedes and have him batting 6th, which tells you how deep their lineup is. SS Jose Iglesias missed all of 2014 with shin injuries, but he's back and is one of the best fielding shortstops in baseball and he's batting .439. He and Ian Kinsler (who is a heck of a ballplayer) give the Tigers a solid infield defense for the first time in a long time.

Miggy looks 100% healthy for the first time in a couple of seasons....look for him to be back to MVP form.

Plus, the Tigers have Joakim Soria closing games and he looks like he's going to healthy and reliable this season.

I have to give GM Dave Dombrowski credit, he made some moves the last few seasons that I didn't agree with, but for the most part he knows how to build a team.

The Tigers have a different feel about them this season, I think they needed to shake things up a bit.
Closed Thread