The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #1201
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I cover most of it ITT:

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread....52#post3480552

But let's go over the cliffs of it:

1. He's NEVER had a full off-season

2. Now he'll not only have that full off-season, but he'll be getting the first team reps

3. His closest physical parallel and former HoF'er: Elway himself has pledged to be working with him (for details there are several articles. More importantly ones where Elway debunks your throwing motion criticism and says they'll be working on footwork to develop the consistency he needs)

4. He'll finally have a real system. Not to criticize what they developed for him on the fly... but it was on the fly. Now they'll have a foundation to build off of and the mental game can be formed instead of a primary focus on athletic reaction.

5. One of, if not THE, best work ethics in the business.

6. It's already shown MASSIVE improvement. Reference an ESPN special in December where they highlighted his footwork improvements. Reference every quote from Elway to Mariucci to Brady and Belichick and the Pat's QB coach, etc

So in summary:

He's already shown huge improvement. Now we get the opportunity to develop and see a lot more of it.

See how that works? A well thought out and reasoned answer to your question! You guys should try it sometime!
You need to own up to the guys who were entitled to their opinion that Tebow wouldn't make it and admit you were wrong.

Quote:
This is hilarious. Please keep going.
You know what was hilarious was your posts in early 2012 in this thread.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 11-11-2014 at 10:21 AM..
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:30 AM   #1202
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I feel like you are combining him being a good kid, with being a prideful idiot when it comes to his football world.

I would put him last on the selfish list.
He was always saying I'll do anything for the team. Team first before any individual, etc. Now if he really meant that he would of played a few different positions. He also wouldn't of told the Jets he wouldn't play in the wildcat formations.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:34 AM   #1203
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
He was always saying I'll do anything for the team. Team first before any individual, etc. Now if he really meant that he would of played a few different positions. He also wouldn't of told the Jets he wouldn't play in the wildcat formations.
Yeah, no question...but how is that selfish?
Rabb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:39 AM   #1204
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yeah, no question...but how is that selfish?
Tim only wanted to do what fit Tim's own agenda and not the team. He was concerned about himself and not what the team could benefit from.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:41 AM   #1205
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

Quote:
Tim only wanted to do what fit Tim's own agenda and not the team. He was concerned about himself and not what the team could benefit from.
You're just making things up now though. I won't argue with you, because it won't make a difference. I am not even a "Tebowner" but I think you are flat out, wrong.
Rabb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:42 AM   #1206
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

It's all about Tebow, huh?
In the end yes it was all about him and his own agenda. I loved that year but knew Tebow wasn't the answer long term. Yes you were wrong on Tebow being able to improve to even a mediocre level of passing.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #1207
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You're just making things up now though. I won't argue with you, because it won't make a difference. I am not even a "Tebowner" but I think you are flat out, wrong.
It's okay we can disagree. Here is an article on his antics even.

http://nypost.com/2012/12/24/selfish...-about-me-bow/
Old 11-11-2014, 10:55 AM   #1208
Gort
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It's okay we can disagree. Here is an article on his antics even.

http://nypost.com/2012/12/24/selfish...-about-me-bow/
that would be fine, except that's not what Tebow said went down...

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-asked-wildcat

and let's be clear, Ryan never wanted him in NY and treated him like a gimmick player the whole time he was there. i don't think any professional athlete wouldn't get frustrated at being in his shoes.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #1209
Gort
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Hard to argue with this. If he was serious he'd try to go play in Canada for a few years to prove he can be a good QB.
isn't he still getting paid by the Jets this year? if so, wouldn't playing in Canada take them off the hook for the last year of his contract?

i'm not exactly sure how all that works, but Shanny did something similar to Bowlen when he was fired here. he sat out a couple of years to force Bowlen to pay the remaining years on his contract.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:47 AM   #1210
Jay3
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

They're not using him right. With a quarterback that can run like that, they need to spread out the formation, empty the backfield, and have him throw a lot from that formation. And then tell him he's free to run out of that formation (whether he audibles to a well-blocked Q draw, or just decides after the snap).

When you have a running quarterback, especially a durable one like Cam, the key is not to call any runs for him. Let him decide, about 10 times a game, where he can make the most difference. Get the full money's worth on every QB run -- a back-breaking first down here and there makes all the difference over a 60 minute game.
Jay3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:40 PM   #1211
Maleficent
Fake ❤️

Maleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #1212
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
They're not using him right. With a quarterback that can run like that, they need to spread out the formation, empty the backfield, and have him throw a lot from that formation. And then tell him he's free to run out of that formation (whether he audibles to a well-blocked Q draw, or just decides after the snap).

When you have a running quarterback, especially a durable one like Cam, the key is not to call any runs for him. Let him decide, about 10 times a game, where he can make the most difference. Get the full money's worth on every QB run -- a back-breaking first down here and there makes all the difference over a 60 minute game.
Seemed to work fine last year??

The dude is obviously hurt. Last night he wasn't even moving his feet or stepping in to any throws. He looked like he has given up.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #1213
Jay3
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Seemed to work fine last year??

The dude is obviously hurt. Last night he wasn't even moving his feet or stepping in to any throws. He looked like he has given up.
Could be. It would explain a lot if he's not good to go.

Take away his athletic running and escapability, and I suppose he's ordinary at best.
Jay3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:00 PM   #1214
Guess Who
Yeti Pubes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I'm in Stormy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncomutt View Post
Local Charlotte sports talk radio keeps talking about how the organization has failed Cam Newton. He needs more talent around him.

Where have I heard that before?
That is true he has the worst starting WRs in the NFL and the defense has pretty much went to **** as well.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:37 PM   #1215
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

When Ron Rivera is fired at the end of this season, I would love to have him as our defensive coordinator.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #1216
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
When Ron Rivera is fired at the end of this season, I would love to have him as our defensive coordinator.
What's wrong with our defense right now?
I think last year I would've agreed with you.
However we've improved this year, and having tet another DC to add to the long tradition of short tenures in Denver is not good.
I can't think of a DC we've ever had that we had for a period longer than 4-5 years, do you?
Granted, a lot of those DC were fired as a result of Shanahan finding scapegoats.
Now, if Del Rio is offered a head coaching job, I'm there with you...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 03:19 PM   #1217
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Cam Newton looks like Cutlers Brother from another mother.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 03:22 PM   #1218
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
"No Fate"

"Come with me if you want to live."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Tebow gets pooped on because he is too self centered and frankly can't throw a football. You may think Cam sucks but he is 100x better than Tebow.
WAT? As a QB Cam is 100X better than Tebow. But as a person Tebow is 10000X better than Cam.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:27 PM   #1219
BroncosfanGuy
Stoney Case for Heisman

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

as far as being an NFL QB, Russel Wilson>Cam Newton. Still.

not even close.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:43 PM   #1220
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I would too.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:45 PM   #1221
bronco militia
made a business decision"

Bad, Bad, Bad Donks!

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:30 PM   #1222
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
WAT? As a QB Cam is 100X better than Tebow. But as a person Tebow is 10000X better than Cam.
Cam isn't that much better at QB. He has a better completion percentage, but overall he's got most of the same issues Tebow had. Plus he's actually had an offense crafted to mimic what he did in college, while Tebow was basically put in an offense that resembled what Georgia Tech does. Cam has issues with accuracy and reading defenses just like Tebow. Their career passer ratings aren't even that far apart.

Last edited by Agamemnon; 01-10-2015 at 10:58 PM..
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 12:09 AM   #1223
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Greed is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Cam isn't that much better at QB. He has a better completion percentage, but overall he's got most of the same issues Tebow had. Plus he's actually had an offense crafted to mimic what he did in college, while Tebow was basically put in an offense that resembled what Georgia Tech does. Cam has issues with accuracy and reading defenses just like Tebow. Their career passer ratings aren't even that far apart.
WTF? They catered the offense to Tebow and to help him with his issues.
Cam can at least play in a NFL style offense, they tinkered with it to fit him better but it is not close to what he ran in college.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 12:14 AM   #1224
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
"No Fate"

"Come with me if you want to live."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
and what does it say that Tebow couldn't adapt. You think every place is as rock solid as Denver, NE, or GB? Look at 49ers, they fired their HC after 3 successful seasons and a SB appearance. Second, and more importantly, Cam is able to do something in practise that Tebow couldn't even do in the safe environment of TC and practise which is complete a pass. There is a reason that Tebow went 2-7!
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 12:43 AM   #1225
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
WTF? They catered the offense to Tebow and to help him with his issues.
Cam can at least play in a NFL style offense, they tinkered with it to fit him better but it is not close to what he ran in college.
They catered the offense to Tebow's running not to his passing. It didn't look anything like Florida's offense. Come on now, don't be dense. And yes the passing and running concepts Carolina runs are very similar to what Auburn ran. Not identical, no. Pro concepts added in, yes. But that offense was built for Cam's limited abilities as a passer, and he still has issues. If you don't see that Cam has the same issues as Tebow only to a somewhat lesser degree I don't know what to tell you. The dude sucks as an NFL passer.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote