The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2016, 03:17 PM   #1351
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
You really think the showdown will happen next week? Have you been paying attention to the flow lately?

No, in fact i'd be surprised if they make it back to the home base by next week. Let me break it down for you:

3/6: Show starts with them packing things up and taking off, fooling you into thinking that the next scene will be them pulling up to the gates at home, but instead we get a 30 minute flashback to some characters past that is supposed to better explain who they are. Maggie and Glenn have at least two heartfelt conversions about their baby, gripping each others hands, looking into each others eyes, with themes of: wow we really got lucky with the doctor thing, and boy this will be dangerous but its worth it, but we really need to be careful, but what if one of us dies? we better be careful. Episode ends with them pulling up to the gates at home.

3/13: Long drawn out episode in which Rick tries to persuade the rest of the homestead that this is a smart decision. Some people don't agree. In the end Rick exerts force, and something bad happens with the aready dwindling food supply to convince everyone that it is the only solution we have. Rick looking full rabid dog at this point, can't wait to kill. Still havent' left the homestead by the end of the episode.

3/20: Finally, they leave to take care of business. But there's an issue, maybe Jesus's people have made an even better deal with Neagan, maybe Neagan showed up unannounced. The big battle we have been waiting for won't happen. Likely, we will get some shots exchanged. An important member will be wounded or a medium level member will be killed. Bad guys get away, but now Rick has basically gone out of his mind in blood lust revenge mode.. you would think that there would be some serious action from here on out.. but..

3/27: Rick and the clan head back to the camp to lick their wounds and make powerful statements about what it's all worth.. This sets up for what will be the two best and most action filled episodes of the season.

4/3: **** gets real

4/10: Aftermath of the ****, and a teaser going into next season.
Winner winner chicken dinner right here.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:54 AM   #1352
Brewer
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I have a theory that fakeJesus is a Negan plant, and Gregory was a puppet leader set up to take the fall to lure Rick's group into battle.
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:39 AM   #1353
TimHippo
TheOrangeFanaticFrameJob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Terrell Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer View Post
I have a theory that fakeJesus is a Negan plant, and Gregory was a puppet leader set up to take the fall to lure Rick's group into battle.
Fake Jesus is probably Negan himself. They keep having him on Talking Dead so he seems someone of great importance.
TimHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:40 AM   #1354
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

I just cant wait til Rick goes crazy again.

I love how he stabbed the guy and is covered in blood, and says, "what?"
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:49 AM   #1355
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

scio me nihil scire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
I just cant wait til Rick goes crazy again.

I love how he stabbed the guy and is covered in blood, and says, "what?"
I thought we were going to get to see Crazy Rick when Carl got shot in the face but instead we got a good ole fashioned zombie genocide.
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 08:04 AM   #1356
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Somebody gonna die Sunday.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 08:52 AM   #1357
Gort
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
Somebody gonna die Sunday.
i'm expecting some combination of Glenn, Abe, and Daryl to die by the end of this season. the foreshadowing is there for all of them. it could be the writers doing a giant head fake, but... people who read the comics already know what's supposed to happen.

i'm still not happy with the writing (it's predictable and unnecessarily angsty), but at least the writers had the good sense to discard that "wolves" storyline quickly. lots of buildup with very little payoff. seemed like pretty boring and easily beatable villains once we learned they didn't even have guns and apparently all wanted to become zombies themselves anyway.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 08:53 AM   #1358
Gort
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHippo View Post
Fake Jesus is probably Negan himself. They keep having him on Talking Dead so he seems someone of great importance.
Negan has been cast. he's the guy who played The Comedian in Watchmen.

the fake Jesus guy is a character from the comics. most definitely NOT Negan or working for Negan. at least in the comics from what i've read.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:58 AM   #1359
Gort
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You really think the showdown will happen next week? Have you been paying attention to the flow lately?

No, in fact i'd be surprised if they make it back to the home base by next week. Let me break it down for you:

3/6: Show starts with them packing things up and taking off, fooling you into thinking that the next scene will be them pulling up to the gates at home, but instead we get a 30 minute flashback to some characters past that is supposed to better explain who they are. Maggie and Glenn have at least two heartfelt conversions about their baby, gripping each others hands, looking into each others eyes, with themes of: wow we really got lucky with the doctor thing, and boy this will be dangerous but its worth it, but we really need to be careful, but what if one of us dies? we better be careful. Episode ends with them pulling up to the gates at home.

3/13: Long drawn out episode in which Rick tries to persuade the rest of the homestead that this is a smart decision. Some people don't agree. In the end Rick exerts force, and something bad happens with the aready dwindling food supply to convince everyone that it is the only solution we have. Rick looking full rabid dog at this point, can't wait to kill. Still havent' left the homestead by the end of the episode.

3/20: Finally, they leave to take care of business. But there's an issue, maybe Jesus's people have made an even better deal with Neagan, maybe Neagan showed up unannounced. The big battle we have been waiting for won't happen. Likely, we will get some shots exchanged. An important member will be wounded or a medium level member will be killed. Bad guys get away, but now Rick has basically gone out of his mind in blood lust revenge mode.. you would think that there would be some serious action from here on out.. but..

3/27: Rick and the clan head back to the camp to lick their wounds and make powerful statements about what it's all worth.. This sets up for what will be the two best and most action filled episodes of the season.

4/3: **** gets real

4/10: Aftermath of the ****, and a teaser going into next season.
3/27 is an episode we have all seen at least twice per season, every season... since the show began. for people constantly dealing with flesh eating zombies, they really do get all angsty and wallow in self-pity a lot.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:17 AM   #1360
TimHippo
TheOrangeFanaticFrameJob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Terrell Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
i'm expecting some combination of Glenn, Abe, and Daryl to die by the end of this season. the foreshadowing is there for all of them. it could be the writers doing a giant head fake, but... people who read the comics already know what's supposed to happen.

i'm still not happy with the writing (it's predictable and unnecessarily angsty), but at least the writers had the good sense to discard that "wolves" storyline quickly. lots of buildup with very little payoff. seemed like pretty boring and easily beatable villains once we learned they didn't even have guns and apparently all wanted to become zombies themselves anyway.
Abe is expendable.

I've heard stuff about the comics but I think Glenn and Daryle are too popular to die on the TV show. It seems to me like Rick, Glenn, Maggie and Daryle will never die. It will always be one of the other characters.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:24 AM   #1361
Gort
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHippo View Post
Abe is expendable.

I've heard stuff about the comics but I think Glenn and Daryle are too popular to die on the TV show. It seems to me like Rick, Glenn, Maggie and Daryle will never die. It will always be one of the other characters.
*spoiler below*

* seriously, stop reading now if you don't know about the comics *

Glenn's a goner.

go back and revisit all of the comments he was making to that teenager about how people who have died live on in the memories of those who are still alive.

there's a barbed wire covered baseball bat out there with Glenn's name on it.

* end of spoiler *

Last edited by Gort; 03-02-2016 at 11:36 AM..
Old 03-02-2016, 11:34 AM   #1362
Brewer
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Thanks for the alert. I haven't read the comics, no plans to do so. That said, I know the show deviated from the graphic novel by having Negan kill a Hilltop resident instead of Glenn. The show is different enough from the comics that writers can do almost anything they want. Daryl isn't even in the comics, which everyone knows, so we have no idea if he will ever die or not.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:34 PM   #1363
jmz313
Ring of Famer

At least it got interesting again finally. Even my wife was asking, where do they keep getting gas? doesn't gas go bad?
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 02:51 PM   #1364
MamaMia
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Yes, thank you for the spoiler alert. I haven't personally read the comics so i don't want to know what happens before i watch the episodes. Can we all agree to make an alert before we spill something from now on? (and by "we," i mean you guys )
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 07:07 PM   #1365
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So we didn't see Negan, since Negan is played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Was that just one satellite location of a much larger operation? If so, things are about to get ugly.

And I would gladly be Rosita's rebound.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 04:55 PM   #1366
MamaMia
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

never been so happy to be wrong, what a riveting episode.

here are some thoughts:

1. so a group of people who are starving, don't usually fight real people, and have almost zero military training are all of a sudden a well oiled swat unit?

2. the most interesting part of the episode to me is how the group responded to carrying out a plan that is outside of their usual character. They are now killing people who haven't wronged them in order to feed themselves and characters like Glenn and new token black dude are obviously not comfortable with it.. i really wish they had left the mutilation pictures out of it because now it gives them a reason to rationalize their brutal actions and the potential for intragroup conflict is lessened.

3. Who is the chick on the walkie and how does she feel about the crew basically wiping out their male population? She clearly doesn't want Rick to kill the last guy alive but is the guy and the girl on the walkie part of Neagan's group or were they captured by them and viewing Rick's group as a bigger and badder version?
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:46 PM   #1367
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

here are some thoughts:

1. so a group of people who are starving, don't usually fight real people, and have almost zero military training are all of a sudden a well oiled swat unit?

2. the most interesting part of the episode to me is how the group responded to carrying out a plan that is outside of their usual character. They are now killing people who haven't wronged them in order to feed themselves and characters like Glenn and new token black dude are obviously not comfortable with it.. i really wish they had left the mutilation pictures out of it because now it gives them a reason to rationalize their brutal actions and the potential for intragroup conflict is lessened.

3. Who is the chick on the walkie and how does she feel about the crew basically wiping out their male population? She clearly doesn't want Rick to kill the last guy alive but is the guy and the girl on the walkie part of Neagan's group or were they captured by them and viewing Rick's group as a bigger and badder version?
They are part of the group. If he was captured, he would still be "incarcerated". When they show (I believe) Carol looking down since her head is covered, it is showing that she is memorizing everything where she is going and where she is. Trust me on this one, she is one of the smartest characters on the show.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:26 PM   #1368
TimHippo
TheOrangeFanaticFrameJob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Terrell Davis

Quote:

here are some thoughts:

"Token Black Dude" is Corey Hawkins who played Dr. Dre in Straight Out of Compton so not really that token.

This show really doesn't have tokens anyway.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:26 AM   #1369
Brewer
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I thought last night's episode with Maggie and Carol was great.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:45 AM   #1370
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer View Post
I thought last night's episode with Maggie and Carol was great.
Like I stated a few posts before, Carol is bad ass and always thinking ahead. She acted like the weak one and overly religious but planned the whole time. I just wish she said something witty before killing her captures. Hyperventilating was awesome and Maggie understood it once she saw her become a Jesus freak.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:39 PM   #1371
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

I think the suspense in the last episodes have been good. You keep expecting a regular to die. It is good TV. Carol is on borrowed time I am surprised she survived this last episode.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:44 PM   #1372
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

The show has differed form the comics in certain ways. I remember when Beth and Daryl were talking and she told Daryl that he would be the last person left and they both know it..... I think that is very foretelling.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:31 AM   #1373
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

Here is an article on who is going to die in season finale.

http://www.popsugar.com/entertainmen...photo-40562723
Old 03-15-2016, 07:53 AM   #1374
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

I am enjoying this season so far.

Great move by Carol, I just wonder if it costs Maggie the baby?
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:32 AM   #1375
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Like I stated a few posts before, Carol is bad ass and always thinking ahead. She acted like the weak one and overly religious but planned the whole time. I just wish she said something witty before killing her captures. Hyperventilating was awesome and Maggie understood it once she saw her become a Jesus freak.
You don't think the way the episode ended that Carol might actually be starting to break down? She def played weak but ultimately seemed to become softened by seeing herself in her capture by episode's end.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote