The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2016, 04:07 PM   #1301
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 32,123

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
I know. When she got eaten I let out a loud damnit!
At least Rick got to eat her first.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 04:42 PM   #1302
Brewer
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Creek, NY
Posts: 1,317

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I mean, I get it...you're dead and you want to eat people. It's how they are. I am fine with that but do they need to be all "in your face" about it?
How can you tell if a zombie is gay, a vegan, or does Crossfit?
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 05:07 PM   #1303
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 32,123

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Great episode and it was nice to see the Chiefs fan grow so.e balls and kill a few walkers.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 05:22 PM   #1304
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Failure is an Option for VJ

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 52,665

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trevor Penrose
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchambo View Post
That seems like a fairly arbitrary place to re-assert skepticism. You will accept that there can be zombies that come back from the dead, be virtually indestructible (except for egg-shell skull), etc., but you want them to follow accepted rules re: conservation of energy? Zombies are basically magic, and you have to accept that or no Zombie story will work.

I'm sort of with you on the plow. How long did they drive around in a damn Hyundai instead of procuring any number of vehicles that would let you mow down Zombies to your heart's content? Of course, they should have all gone to the coast, gotten on a boat, and lived on fish. Maybe cleared a small island. Problem is they need to keep the show interesting. They don't let them do a number of things that would make them a lot safer. Usually it works, but sometimes they strain a bit.
I get it and when my wife keeps asking me the same questions about lineage of Star Wars characters I keep telling her it is a pretend story but there are so many things about this show that makes one scratch their heads.

The biggest issue I have with it is how pessimistic it is about people. I am a full on pessimist but I do believe if things went bad like on the show enough good people would band together long enough to do what needs to be done to not only clear zombies but also keep those who turn to evil and violence towards other survivors.

I just started watching The Leftovers today, about 45 minutes into it. Totally different magical event but hoping for a different perspective on it. I thought it was a bible thumper series, I was raised in Bible churches and they hammered home the rapture into us kids. Repent or be left behind!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 05:58 PM   #1305
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
"No Fate"
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
"Come with me if you want to live."

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SkyNet
Posts: 8,233

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyta View Post
This show pales in comparison to the graphic novels. The only good scene from the episode was Negan's crew. This show should have been on hbo.
HBO turned down Walking Dead. :/
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:21 PM   #1306
LRtagger
Ring of Famer
 
LRtagger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,762

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchambo View Post
That seems like a fairly arbitrary place to re-assert skepticism. You will accept that there can be zombies that come back from the dead, be virtually indestructible (except for egg-shell skull), etc., but you want them to follow accepted rules re: conservation of energy? Zombies are basically magic, and you have to accept that or no Zombie story will work.

I'm sort of with you on the plow. How long did they drive around in a damn Hyundai instead of procuring any number of vehicles that would let you mow down Zombies to your heart's content? Of course, they should have all gone to the coast, gotten on a boat, and lived on fish. Maybe cleared a small island. Problem is they need to keep the show interesting. They don't let them do a number of things that would make them a lot safer. Usually it works, but sometimes they strain a bit.

I think on this season of fear the walking dead they try the boat idea. Guessing it doesn't work out.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:59 PM   #1307
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 22,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer View Post
Nicotero did not say occipital lobe. That's the BACK of the skull. Had it bounced off the BACK of his skill after entering his right orbital he would indeed be dead, likely with a hole elsewhere in his skull.

Great episode. So many great escapes- Daryll with the rocket launcher taking out Negan's crew, Abraham and Sasha saving Glenn, Carol taking out the Wolf so that Denise could get back to the infirmary...
Whoops. I pulled that bone name out of my rectum.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:06 PM   #1308
manchambo
Ring of Famer
 
manchambo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
I think on this season of fear the walking dead they try the boat idea. Guessing it doesn't work out.
Well it has to not work. Otherwise there's no show.

Last edited by manchambo; 02-15-2016 at 10:02 PM..
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:37 PM   #1309
Ponyta
Seasoned Veteran
 
Ponyta's Avatar
 
Born to Run

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Behind Enemy Lines
Posts: 289

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
HBO turned down Walking Dead. :/
Wow. That was really stupid of them.
Ponyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:51 PM   #1310
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer
 
ShaneFalco's Avatar
 
Tebowtaur

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 14,497

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly
Default

i dont get why people come in this thread to talk **** about the show.

If you dont like it. dont watch it.
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:08 AM   #1311
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,172

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

None of this had to happen if they would have just napalmed the walkers when they were trapped in the mine. Such a stupid decision Rick made to let them out, might be the dumbest decision in the show, and that's saying something.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:16 AM   #1312
rmsanger
Elway > PFM
 
rmsanger's Avatar
 
Another one bites the dust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,387

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyta View Post
This show pales in comparison to the graphic novels. The only good scene from the episode was Negan's crew. This show should have been on hbo.

Is that some fancy pants word for porn?
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:17 AM   #1313
jmz313
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
None of this had to happen if they would have just napalmed the walkers when they were trapped in the mine. Such a stupid decision Rick made to let them out, might be the dumbest decision in the show, and that's saying something.
The show lacks reason, accountability and all survival instincts. Ironic, because its really a show allegedly centered around reason, accountability and survival.

I mean i still enjoy it, i just take it like i took that season of Z nation or Dumb and Dumber.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:19 AM   #1314
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,172

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
The show lacks reason, accountability and all survival instincts. Ironic, because its really a show allegedly centered around reason, accountability and survival.

I mean i still enjoy it, i just take it like i took that season of Z nation or Dumb and Dumber.
I don't get too tied up in that line of thought; it's just a show for entertainment. But not taking care of all those zombies when they had the chance, AND THEN LETTING THEM OUT, kinda broke me on that point.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:57 PM   #1315
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Failure is an Option for VJ

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 52,665

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trevor Penrose
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
i dont get why people come in this thread to talk **** about the show.

If you dont like it. dont watch it.
I have been close to nuking it off the DVR for the last couple years. The thing is there is nothing else on.

I don't get why people have to have one sided threads and can't listen to critical takes.

It had some good, even great episodes but they are so few and far between now, it is literally wash, rinse, repeat. Walkers must be killed, bad people attack and must be killed, new place to live needed...There are the next 4 episodes right there.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:47 PM   #1316
Brewer
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Creek, NY
Posts: 1,317

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I have been close to nuking it off the DVR for the last couple years. The thing is there is nothing else on.

I don't get why people have to have one sided threads and can't listen to critical takes.

It had some good, even great episodes but they are so few and far between now, it is literally wash, rinse, repeat. Walkers must be killed, bad people attack and must be killed, new place to live needed...There are the next 4 episodes right there.
More like the next 4 years. There should be fewer and fewer large groups of bad people left to contend with as the years go on. Letting 15000 walkers out of the quarry was unforgivable in its sheer lack of intellgent thought, though.
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:55 PM   #1317
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 32,498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I don't get why people have to have one sided threads and can't listen to critical takes.
Well, some people that hate the show SO MUCH and think it sucks SO BAD should really probably stop watching it at some point rather than keep watching to come here and tell us about it constantly.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 10:12 AM   #1318
Brewer
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Creek, NY
Posts: 1,317

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

What's going to happen tonight? Abraham, Sasha and Daryl are back, Coral (ha) is blind in one eye, Jessie is walkerbait, and Carol is gonna kill Morgan, who is an utterly horrid waste of food. Morgan is a liability, moreso than Eugene or the preacher.
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 10:57 AM   #1319
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer
 
Brohemoth's Avatar
 
Question everything

Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,451

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer View Post
What's going to happen tonight? Abraham, Sasha and Daryl are back, Coral (ha) is blind in one eye, Jessie is walkerbait, and Carol is gonna kill Morgan, who is an utterly horrid waste of food. Morgan is a liability, moreso than Eugene or the preacher.
I think the son of the woman who ran Alexandria got bit. They show a preview of Michonne confronting him the forest.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:07 AM   #1320
LRtagger
Ring of Famer
 
LRtagger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,762

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

So we went from one of the best episodes ever last week to one of the worst ever.

How did this Jesus guy manage to get untied and onto the roof of the truck and why did Rick try to chase him around the field and ultimately leave the truck parked backed up right at the downslope into the river.

I can get over the stuff some other people have been complaining about, but the stuff in this episode was just awful.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:29 AM   #1321
bronco militia
made a business decision"
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
Bad, Bad, Bad Donks!

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 719
Posts: 31,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
So we went from one of the best episodes ever last week to one of the worst ever.

How did this Jesus guy manage to get untied and onto the roof of the truck and why did Rick try to chase him around the field and ultimately leave the truck parked backed up right at the downslope into the river.

I can get over the stuff some other people have been complaining about, but the stuff in this episode was just awful.
yeah this^
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:31 AM   #1322
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 32,498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
How did this Jesus guy manage to get untied and onto the roof of the truck...
Well they followed up on this them at the end of the episode. He was again tied up and in a locked room and got out. So I think we'll find out more about this. He's some kind of Houdini I guess, lol.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:35 AM   #1323
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer
 
Brohemoth's Avatar
 
Question everything

Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,451

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Ninja jesus.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:17 AM   #1324
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 32,123

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
Ninja jesus.
Exactly.

Don't like Rick and Meshonne getting it on. That might **** things up as they are the perfect partners. I did start seeing a certain INXS song when they were wrapping up the episode. Those growing up in the 80s will know the song Original Sin.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:21 AM   #1325
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 6,169
Default

winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:54 AM.


Denver Broncos