The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2014, 10:02 AM   #101
Shananahan
#snakelife

BLASTED

Yes, the 'target audience': people who either don't already like football or do but don't know much of anything about it/the draft.
Shananahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:17 AM   #102
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Yes, the 'target audience': people who either don't already like football or do but don't know much of anything about it/the draft.
What's more authentic than the NFL screwing over it's core audience?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:19 AM   #103
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

It didnt do well. 9 mil. Not shocking
Old 04-13-2014, 10:27 AM   #104
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Remember the part where he traded three first-round picks for the number one overall and then drafted a linebacker who would have been available anyway instead of the blue-chip, franchise QB? Remember the brilliant and ballsy move he made to trade three second-round picks for the sixth overall when that franchise QB started to slide, only to turn around and show that evil GM in Seattle a thing or two about maneuverin' by somehow convincing him to trade those three first-rounders back in order to move up only one spot? Remember how feel-good the stories about his draft selections were? Remember how the owner who was dead-set on drafting the franchise QB eventually came to be floored by the mastery and craft that was the Draft in Costner's hands, sufficiently so that he forgot all about the QB and started talking about Costner's balls? Remember that emotion Jennifer Garner showed in that one scene at the very beginning?

One can only hope this was the first of a trilogy.
In part 2, he can trade his entire draft for the #5 pick. In part 3, he can trade his 27 year old running back (with only one 1000 yard season) for 5 players and 8 draft picks.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #105
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
In part 2, he can trade his entire draft for the #5 pick. In part 3, he can trade his 27 year old running back (with only one 1000 yard season) for 5 players and 8 draft picks.
Maybe they can call the next one

Draft Day II: Dances with Madden
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:01 PM   #106
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Of course it is good. Costner doesn't make horrible movies.. Even the movies that are panned, Waterworld; The Postman; The Guardian are still actually good movies.

What was the movie with him and Eastwood? That was a great movie, he carried that film.
A Perfect World? Great movie.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #107
Shananahan
#snakelife

BLASTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Maybe they can call the next one

Draft Day II: Dances with Madden
Draft Day II: Day II
Shananahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:42 PM   #108
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Draft Day 2: Attack of Mel Kiper
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:36 PM   #109
CHEF LUIGI
bronco fan: day 1, 1960

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Of course it is good. Costner doesn't make horrible movies.. Even the movies that are panned, Waterworld; The Postman; The Guardian are still actually good movies.

What was the movie with him and Eastwood? That was a great movie, he carried that film.
no, the kid carried the film, along with eastwoods direction.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:08 AM   #110
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

My review after getting dragged to the movie by some friends that don't care nearly as much about the draft as I do:
I thought it was way better than I expected going in (that it would be completely terrible with nothing to enjoy). Which is to say that if you don't know much about the ins and out of the draft, it should be enjoyable. Even though it was totally unrealistic in terms of trades, the main plot line was at least exciting when it seemed like it was going to be a huge let down and they managed to sort of justify the ridiculousness of the deals being made.

With that said, everything outside of the draft (i.e., everything involving Jennifer Garner and the mother) was a total waste of time. Uninteresting, underdeveloped, poorly acted and all together cheapened the movie for me.

On top of all of that, I absolutely HATE paying for what was essentially a movie-length advertiSeimiant. Every scene had some major product label prominently displayed and that is on top of a movie that is essentially a 1.5 hour long ad for the NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns and Seattle Seahawks. It annoys the **** out of me when I'm paying for something that was already paid for by advertisers. They could have put this thing on ESPN without commercials and still probably made a healthy profit just based on how much product placement they had.

The movie is ok if you get dragged to it, but I can't recommend paying to watch it.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:37 AM   #111
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

3-13 please

A movie about the draft wouldn't interest alot of people. Heck movies not doing well these days are so common. My new movie watching has dropped 90% too many remakes.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:12 AM   #112
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
A movie about the draft wouldn't interest alot of people. Heck movies not doing well these days are so common. My new movie watching has dropped 90% too many remakes.
I had been sticking to big-dollar blockbusters, to see first-run. I've even gone away from that idea, recently, because I didn't see Avengers until it was in the cheap theater. There's not a whole lot of movies I need to see, right away...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:32 AM   #113
v2micca
This is the Water

and this is the well.

Saw the movie this weekend. Passable popcorn fare. There were a couple of idiosyncrasies that may get ironed out with time. For example, in the year that the Seahawks won the superbowl, they get the number one pick in the draft. And while the movie references actual players and recent events, like Andrew Luck and the Draft of 2012 with the Washington trade for the number 2 pick, only fictitious characters are invoked when talking about current active squads. There is even a segment where they discuss the knocks against Peyton when he was a prospect, yet invent some other Quarterback to act as the current Pro-Bowl signal caller of the Broncos. They seem to only talk about actual players as part of the history of the game without acknowledging that many of these guys are still playing. It gives the film a oddly displaced feeling.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:35 AM   #114
brother love
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Draft Day 2: Attack of Mel Kiper
Draft Day 2: The Wrath of Shahid Kahn
brother love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:08 AM   #115
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Why are all the good sports movies baseball movies and almost all the football movies suck?
What about Bryans Song and Rudy?
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:14 AM   #116
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter

Draft Day 2: Browns fire GM and HC.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:36 AM   #117
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
What about Bryans Song and Rudy?
oh good call, Rudy is a fav of mine
Old 04-15-2014, 01:28 PM   #118
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
The running back he trades in part 3 could even be the guy he drafted at #7 in part 1. It would make for a crazy Hollywood story. The truth is stranger than fiction sometimes. I was waiting for somebody to get these references. Part 2 is based on the true story of Mike Ditka. Part 3 is based on the true story of the Dallas Cowboys.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:01 PM   #119
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

quoting yourself.....the new omane selfie
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote