The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2014, 10:03 PM   #1
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
"No Fate"

"Come with me if you want to live."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default OT:Movie recommendation: Raid 2.

Kick a$$ movie.

It reminded me of these films:

and

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2014, 11:17 PM   #2
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Nice, I didn't realize this had opened in theaters here. The first one kicked ass.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:30 PM   #3
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

I saw it today. The action was incredible of course... I don't know exactly what it is, the cheaper crews or lack of interference from insurance companies or whatever, but they can just flat out do action better in Asia... the director of The Raid movies is from Wales, and he certainly couldn't have made movies like this in the U.K. or Hollywood. If all you watch is Hollywood action movies and you haven't seen The Raid movies, watch them and prepare to pick your jaw up off the floor afterwards.

That all being said, I liked the first one better. Neither had a great story but the first movies plot was lean, efficient and fast. If the first movies plot was a Kawasaki, the second's is like a Hummer. Bulky, inefficient and excessive... but still fun as hell to drive.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:20 PM   #4
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
"No Fate"

"Come with me if you want to live."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I found the first one hard to watch because of the english dub. I'm trying to DL the original version. Actually there are fewer regulations in Asian countries that makes making films easier. Jackie Chan's stunt team is black listed in both Asia and America. But the safety rules are basiclly non-existant great for us bad for them.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote