The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2018, 08:33 PM   #51
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Of course I can you peabrain, I just never imagined anyone was dense enough not to grasp the difference.

First of all, the level of professional security for a plane is the first distinguishing factor, as it begins hundreds of feet away from the plane inside the airport, where people have to pass through security and metal detectors, go past armed guards, and take their shoes off, even pass through body scanners, etc...just to get into the area where they board a plane.
In which case arming pilots makes even less sense.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:16 AM   #52
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:31 PM   #53
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
In which case arming pilots makes even less sense.
The point is, it's irrelevant to the question of whether teachers should be armed or not. That said, the risk of arming a pilot is far lower.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:46 PM   #54
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The point is, it's irrelevant to the question of whether teachers should be armed or not. That said, the risk of arming a pilot is far lower.
Not really. There just have to be similar strict guidelines and procedures in place.

I'm just not sure why the prospect of a teacher with access to arms is so much scarier than a pilot with access to arms...

I mean there was pretty much no reaction whatsoever to the FFDO program.

Unless we're saying that pilots are simply a higher grade of professional... for some unexplainable and/or uncomfortable reason.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:25 PM   #55
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Not really. There just have to be similar strict guidelines and procedures in place.

I'm just not sure why the prospect of a teacher with access to arms is so much scarier than a pilot with access to arms...

I mean there was pretty much no reaction whatsoever to the FFDO program.

Unless we're saying that pilots are simply a higher grade of professional... for some unexplainable and/or uncomfortable reason.
I know you imagine that you're now luring me into another unending vortex of goalpost moving, rabbit hole diving, straw man attacking, and the games of avoidance, deflection, and denial that you're so famous for.

You're not.

This will be my sole response:

All of the above you posted is nonsense.

There is no such thing as "strict guidelines and procedures" that can prevent a disaster from happening in a school. Have you by any chance checked the title of this thread? A COP was teaching GUN SAFETY when he nearly shot someone in the classroom, in case you've forgotten what this thread is about. All the rules, procedures and guidelines don't mean **** when some kid gets his hands on the math teacher's piece and decides he didn't like the test questions.

Second, why you are "not sure" why teachers and pilots having access to guns is vastly different has already been answered, in considerable detail. If you choose not to understand it, or you're simply playing a game here, that's your problem, not mine. It's very clear.

Finally, your ludicrous notion that PILOTS are NOT "higher grade professionals" is completely absurd. OF COURSE THEY ARE...dude pilots are responsible for hundreds of lives and are highly trained to put their emotions in check during an emergency. Go back and read what I already posted about the differences, since apparently, you didn't read it the first time.

Teachers don't want to do this. Parents and kids don't want to do this. Law enforcement doesn't want to do this. The only people who want to do this, are Donald Rump and the GOP idiots taking NRA money, their lackies in the 2A cult like you who want to keep your ridiculous semi-automatic rifles, and probably a few nuts planning to challenge the gym teacher to a quick draw contest.

WE do not NEED to arm teachers to solve this problem just so you can continue to arm yourself like a soldier of fortune. WE only need to take these things away from you, ban them, and make their ownership subject to a prison sentence.

End discussion.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:26 PM   #56
Guess Who
Yeti Pubes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I'm in Stormy

-This is ridiculous. A pilot has basically ZERO interaction with passengers, he is behind a locked door. Teachers on the other hand... are not.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:48 PM   #57
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
-This is ridiculous. A pilot has basically ZERO interaction with passengers, he is behind a locked door. Teachers on the other hand... are not.
Well that all changed at pretty much the same time. But again... if the guns aren't wandering around and are just in a lockbox until released... I'm not sure what the practical difference is.

Teachers absolutely shouldn't just be carrying around the classroom. But having a gun safe in the closet would be similar and largely incident free.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:51 PM   #58
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
There is no such thing as "strict guidelines and procedures" that can prevent a disaster from happening in a school. Have you by any chance checked the title of this thread? A COP was teaching GUN SAFETY when he nearly shot someone in the classroom, in case you've forgotten what this thread is about. All the rules, procedures and guidelines don't mean **** when some kid gets his hands on the math teacher's piece and decides he didn't like the test questions..
So I'm not sure what this really establishes. No cops around children?

Unarmed cops? And again, as long as teach's piece is secured, you're not more likely to experience her firearm as you are to get shot by your next pilot.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:19 AM   #59
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote