The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2018, 02:21 PM   #1
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default Politics in the Main Forum (thread hijacking, too)

Just a reminder that "offseason/off-topic threads are welcome" doesn't apply to politics. There is a place here for that, and that place is WRP.

Another reminder - be respectful of thread topics (within reason). It's one thing to make a funny, off-topic remark in a thread. It's something totally different to deliberately veer a thread in a direction that is completely counter to what the thread starter intended. If you are reading a thread, and you come up with an idea that JUST HAS TO be discussed, start a new thread about it. (I personally come from the olden days, when we had many more threads than we have with you young whipper snappers today. More threads can really be a good thing. Massive threads with fifteen different, unrelated conversations are a bad thing. So: more threads = GOOD; massive scream-a-thons = BAD!)

If you are reading a thread and you feel a reference JUST HAS TO be made about Trump, Hillary, Obama, etc - well, trust me, and go against your gut on that. It will always turn out bad. Head on over to WRP with that idea, and post until your heart is content.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2018, 03:03 PM   #2
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:06 PM   #3
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Slaw and pickles on BBQ sammich is off the chain. Almost as enjoyable as my reduced tax burden.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:19 PM   #4
pricejj
jungle

I can put my youngest through college with all the tax refund money I'll be getting back over the next decade! God, I love America.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:24 PM   #5
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I can put my youngest through college with all the tax refund money I'll be getting back over the next decade! God, I love America.
Aww Price, the one that keeps this political **** going in the Main Forum and now this. Priceless!
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:32 PM   #6
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Aww Price, the one that keeps this political **** going in the Main Forum and now this. Priceless!
You wish Gunns! I don't start any of it. I finish it!
Old 05-22-2018, 03:33 PM   #7
pricejj
jungle

Gunns entitled to her own opinions, but not her own facts! I only get involved when one of your psycho foul-mouthed Commie buddies starts bad talking America. That crap don't fly 'round these parts ya hear!

Keep your baloney in the WRP!

Last edited by pricejj; 05-22-2018 at 03:37 PM..
Old 05-22-2018, 03:37 PM   #8
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
Reads the OP, "hmmmm please no political stuff on main page thread"

Price, "POLITICSPOLITICSPOLITICSPOLITICSPOLITICSPOLITICSPO LITICSPOLITICSPOLITICSPOLITICSPOLITICSPOLITICSPOLI TICSPOLITICSPOLITICSPOLITICSPOLITICSPOLITICSPOLITI CSPOLITICSPOLITICSPOLITICSPOLITICSPOLITICSPOLITICS"

The reason you are trolled is that you are too easy to troll.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:43 PM   #9
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Dom should have posted and locked the thread, but I won't say any comments about his thread-starting ability.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:45 PM   #10
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Okay, let me rephrase the original post.

The main board is not a place for politics. If, knowing this, you continue to deliberately post about politics on the main board, you will get a vacation from the Mane.

So, let's consider this like baseball, when both dugouts get warned for throwing at batters. Maybe, to that point, only one of the teams has been guilty. Regardless, the next up-and-in pitch is going to result in someone getting tossed.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:47 PM   #11
pricejj
jungle

Sure thing Darin. That thread had 4 pages of political baloney before I ever even saw it. You do realize that right?
Old 05-22-2018, 03:48 PM   #12
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post

The main board is not a place for politics. If, knowing this, you continue to deliberately post about politics on the main board, you will get a vacation from the Mane.

So, let's consider this like baseball, when both dugouts get warned for throwing at batters. Maybe, to that point, only one of the teams has been guilty. Regardless, the next up-and-in pitch is going to result in someone getting tossed.
My favorite part of this thread is people talking politics on it when they were asked not to. It appears that the mane listens as well as my kids.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:48 PM   #13
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

Quote:
You wish Gunns! I don't start any of it. I finish it!
Reading comprehension there Price. I never said you started it, I said you keep it going.

You finish it?
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:50 PM   #14
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Sure thing Darin. That thread had 4 pages of political baloney before I ever even saw it. You do realize that right?
But that one is in the past, and stuff. This one is in the Glorious Now.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:51 PM   #15
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
Yes, and I negged the poster who first posted about Trump. You also know that you don't *have* to post every thought that enters your head. You can let stuff roll right by and not even worry about it. You know, living well being the best revenge. I did enjoy trolling Lelo a bit though, so I'm not saying I'm perfect or anything.

My question is why you were bringing it up here, in this specific thread. The one asking, nicely I might add, for people to not post political stuff on main page threads.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:52 PM   #16
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post

Just toss the original transgressor. If I ever see any of these clowns do that again, I'll flag it and wait for the ban hammer. Deal?
Old 05-22-2018, 03:55 PM   #17
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Yes, and I negged the poster who first posted about Trump. You also know that you don't *have* to post every thought that enters your head. You can let stuff roll right by and not even worry about it. You know, living well being the best revenge. I did enjoy trolling Lelo a bit though, so I'm not saying I'm perfect or anything.

My question is why you were bringing it up here, in this specific thread. The one asking, nicely I might add, for people to not post political stuff on main page threads.
Talking about tax refunds deserves a ban hammer? Sure thing Darin! lol
Old 05-22-2018, 03:58 PM   #18
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
Talking about tax refunds deserves a ban hammer? Sure thing Darin! lol
You're going with being purposely obtuse? I thought you were smarter than that.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:02 PM   #19
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Just toss the original transgressor. If I ever see any of these clowns do that again, I'll flag it and wait for the ban hammer. Deal?
I won't promise that. But certainly, that is what the report post button is for.

It's one thing to get carried away, post something, and then immediately delete it and/or apologize for it and/or "go and sin no more." It's something else to thumb your nose at a rule or directive.

No moderator wants to be the person that hands out bans for every little thing.

Look at it this way. If you get pulled over for speeding, which scenario is more likely to help you avoid a ticket?

1) Where you say, "Oh man, I didn't even notice how fast I was going. Thanks for keeping the roads safe?"

or

2) Where you say, "Speed limits are for chumps! I drive that fast because I have masterful control of my reflexes. Watch. As soon as you get back in your vehicle, I'll be right back at it. Oh, and by the way, **** you?"
Old 05-22-2018, 04:06 PM   #20
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

But how is Req gonna eat **** if we can't hijack threads?
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:09 PM   #21
pricejj
jungle

Just ban the original poster instead of letting it fester for 3 pages while certain posters get their jollies off. That would solve the problem immediately. It's always the same guys. That's what we're all trying to stop, isn't it?

Let us help you. If I thought flagging political posts would solve the problem, then I'll do it.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:17 PM   #22
pricejj
jungle

Posting a bunch of garbage, then acting like you didn't know is exactly how these guys have been getting away with it. That's not working, Dom.

Ban anyone who mentions politics, and the problem will end immediately. And it'll also keep vigilantes like me from getting involved. I don't post in WRP, and I hate seeing it here.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:18 PM   #23
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Just ban the original poster instead of letting it fester for 3 pages while certain posters get their jollies off. That would solve the problem immediately. It's always the same guys. That's what we're all trying to stop, isn't it?

Let us help you. If I thought flagging political posts would solve the problem, then I'll do it.
Well, two things can happen:

1) All the moderators are doing life stuff for a few to several hours, and a thread goes off the rails. Thus, it appears that the forum has run amuck.

2) A thread exists without the participation of any of the moderators. We are members here, first. And sometimes, a dumb thread that one of you knuckleheads creates doesn't pique our interest - so, we don't read it, as members.

In both cases, the report post button serves a purpose. It dispatches an email to all the moderators, with the complaint, and a link to the post in question. If there is no violation, we just move on (it may be hard to believe, but some posters use the report post button nefariously - sort of like the booger-eating kid on the front row, who is always tattling on the rest of the class). If there is a violation, it gives us a chance to fix it, posthaste.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:21 PM   #24
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Posting a bunch of garbage, then acting like you didn't know is exactly how these guys have been getting away with it. That's not working, Dom.

Ban anyone who mentions politics, and the problem will end immediately. And it'll also keep vigilantes like me from getting involved. I don't post in WRP, and I hate seeing it here.
Nah. Believe it or not, most people have good intentions. And TJ prefers a lightly-moderated forum. Warnings do the trick, for the most part. There might be a ban or two a month, if that.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:26 PM   #25
pricejj
jungle

As long as there is equal enforcement under the law, the problem will end quickly. Sometimes I get the impression that one team has been getting off scott-free, then I step in and get all the blame for making that team cry. As long as we all have to play by the same rules, then it'll work.