The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2014, 07:31 AM   #1
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY
Default Why do YOU hate the Patriots?

Why do you hate the Patriots? It's pretty clear about 9 out of 10 Mane regulars despise the Patriots .... but at least on the surface there's lots of reasons NOT to hate them:

1. We're both original AFL, in fact we beat 'em in the first-ever AFL game
  2. Even though we didn't beat anybody in the AFL days, we're still 27-20 against them all-time
  3. Many feel their old logo helped change some long-held societal attitudes for the better
  4. Patriots lost TWO of the 13-straight NFC Super Bowl wins, helping set us up for our historic beat down of that streak
  5. They declined to bump their offer to Welker (because what, he was "too gung-ho?"), so Welker came over and was instrumental in helping us field the greatest offense ever.

See? You CAN say nice things about the Patriots if you try.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2014, 07:37 AM   #2
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I really only hate them when we play them
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:38 AM   #3
alkemical
Chaos Technician

Aethyr Engineering

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris

I hate them for their success. #murica
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:48 AM   #4
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett

I hate them primarily because of their fan base. They are absolutely intolerable. And living here makes it THAT much more unbearable.

They INSIST upon you that you agree that Brady is the greatest EVAH!
They INSIST upon you that BB is the greatest coach EVAH!

And if you disagree with them.....well, you're just an ignorant sports fan.

I also hate those fans b/c, as we all know, they are front-runners. Back in the 80s when they sucked, they had blackouts all the time b/c they couldn't sell out Sullivan Stadium.....one of the smaller venues in the league.

The perception is reality, IMO.....and that is a HUGE population of "fans" became "fans" in 2001. Admittedly, you've got some people who became fans in 1993 with the arrival of Parcells and Bledsoe. And sure.....there are some old-timers who have been fans forever.

But still, insufferable bastards.......all of them.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:45 AM   #5
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY

I thought of something else nice to say: Brady is a feminist, he's big on women's rights. How else could such a highly-paid athlete keep hold of his masculinity when his wife earns three times what he does?

See? You can say nice things about them.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #6
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
I thought of something else nice to say: Brady is a feminist, he's big on women's rights. How else could such a highly-paid athlete keep hold of his masculinity when his wife earns three times what he does?

See? You can say nice things about them.
That isn't a good quality IMO.

Also, I started hating them when they were found to cheat and then they made up McDaniels like he was the 2nd coming of Belicheat. Far from it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg caveman 2.jpg (7.8 KB, 300 views)
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:47 AM   #7
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Its the success I just get sick of hearing about the patriots every time I turn on the NFL network...it just gets old
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:00 AM   #8
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

I rooted for that 01 team. And even then I didnt mind them until the video scandal.

Once Bellichek became Bellicheat, I have actively rooted against them.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:08 AM   #9
Gort
Ring of Famer

hate is a strong word... but not strong enough! loathe works much better for me.

1) ma-holes
2) belicheat
3) ma-holes
4) McD
5) east coast media bias
6) ma-holes
7) goodell always forcing us to play @ NE (year after year after year)
8) ma-holes
9) kraft
10) ma-holes

Last edited by Gort; 01-18-2014 at 08:10 AM..
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:06 PM   #10
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
I rooted for that 01 team. And even then I didnt mind them until the video scandal.

Once Bellichek became Bellicheat, I have actively rooted against them.
Same here. I wanted them to beat the rams, now I just think bellicheat
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:14 AM   #11
Zealot
I miss Wade

Bellicheat and McFhackStick
Zealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:21 AM   #12
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

They're so far up their own ass it's unbelievable.

The whole 'Patriot Way'/we're so much more of a TEAM than you bull****.

Not many individuals there I particularly hate.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:22 AM   #13
TripleTilde
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

For the most part, their success is fraudulent. I'm talking about the length they went to in order to cheat. What they did was more egregious than Bonds or Clemens doing steroids. I'm talking about the range of years that they were dedicated to amassing a video library of other teams' signals.

And while Bonds and Clemens may never make the hall of fame for doing what 60% of the league was doing, the media and others constantly look past the cheating when it comes to the Patriots. There have been other forms of cheating but few rise to that level. Sorry, but all of their Super Bowls are tainted and they should be vacated. Instead, what does Goodell do? He gives them a penalty that's a slap on the wrist compared to what they did. And why does the media constantly look past this when showering Belichick with praise?

Plus, look at who have suffered as a result of New England's cheating. There are the teams they *beat in the Super Bowls but also those who they *beat along the way. You have two QBs whose reputations have been shaped largely by what happened during their years of video taping signs. We also now have to tolerate guys like Bruschi, McGinest, and Evans on TV talking as grand old men of "the patriot way". It's stupid.

I think this insistence by many to look past thus or to dismiss it as no big deal might stem from an aversion by many to see shades of gray. Or maybe their flaw is that they want to insist that what they experienced was legitimate. Maybe they see football as being too sacred and don't want parts of its history to turn into McGwire/Sosa '98.

There's a difference between a mistake and fraud. What they did was fraud. It wasn't isolated or insignificant. They were dedicated to this form of fraud for several years. Madoff went to prison, Bonds isn't making it to the hall of fame, and the Patriots shouldn't get a pass.
TripleTilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:25 AM   #14
mennonite
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Their fans.

The cheating.

The media (Peter King, Bill Simmons etc)
mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:39 AM   #15
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by mennonite View Post
Their fans.

The cheating.

The media (Peter King, Bill Simmons etc)
In a nutshell ^^^^
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:38 AM   #16
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleTilde View Post
For the most part, their success is fraudulent. I'm talking about the length they went to in order to cheat. What they did was more egregious than Bonds or Clemens doing steroids. I'm talking about the range of years that they were dedicated to amassing a video library of other teams' signals.

And while Bonds and Clemens may never make the hall of fame for doing what 60% of the league was doing, the media and others constantly look past the cheating when it comes to the Patriots. There have been other forms of cheating but few rise to that level. Sorry, but all of their Super Bowls are tainted and they should be vacated. Instead, what does Goodell do? He gives them a penalty that's a slap on the wrist compared to what they did. And why does the media constantly look past this when showering Belichick with praise?

Plus, look at who have suffered as a result of New England's cheating. There are the teams they *beat in the Super Bowls but also those who they *beat along the way. You have two QBs whose reputations have been shaped largely by what happened during their years of video taping signs. We also now have to tolerate guys like Bruschi, McGinest, and Evans on TV talking as grand old men of "the patriot way". It's stupid.

I think this insistence by many to look past thus or to dismiss it as no big deal might stem from an aversion by many to see shades of gray. Or maybe their flaw is that they want to insist that what they experienced was legitimate. Maybe they see football as being too sacred and don't want parts of its history to turn into McGwire/Sosa '98.

There's a difference between a mistake and fraud. What they did was fraud. It wasn't isolated or insignificant. They were dedicated to this form of fraud for several years. Madoff went to prison, Bonds isn't making it to the hall of fame, and the Patriots shouldn't get a pass.
Damn, great post.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/spy...23620093?mt=11
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:49 AM   #17
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

HoFer

Their fans and the cheating. I hate how when the media talks about their success they conveniently forget how they cheated and haven't won a SB since.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:08 AM   #18
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Great post. Rep.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:02 AM   #19
pricejj
jungle

NE wouldn't be jack-crap this year without Blount and Talib. Two Pro Bowl quality players given up for nothing by Patriot-plant Schiano.

Patriot-plants have been doing this for years in the form of one-sided trades for high draft picks, and quality players, while in effect becoming "farm teams" for NE.

Patriot plants Mangini, Crennel, and McDaniels had a combined 0.378 win percentage (without a winning season).

Patiot-plant Pioli gave NE a sweetheart deal for their backup QB, and finished with a 0.328 win percentage (the vast majority of KC's "good" players are holdovers from the previous regime).
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:14 AM   #20
pricejj
jungle

Here is a short list of some of NE's nefarious activities:

1. Spy-gate - illegal
2. Putting a microphone on Defensive players - illegal
3. Patriot-plants supplying NE with high draft picks, and quality players - illegal
4. Sending McDaniels to destroy the Broncos (previously only team with winning record against Brady) - why else the smirk?
5. Tuck rule - illegal
6. Changing "roughing the passer" rules to benefit Brady - illegal
6. Being the least penalized team in the NFL (by far) over the last decade - illegal
7. Referee manipulation of games by calling phantom penalties against opponents - illegal
8. Playing in the AFC East, and having least competitive non-division strength of schedule year after year (almost guaranteeing home-field advantage) - should be illegal
9. Belicheat was the pioneer of "faking injuries" to artificially slow down games - illegal
10. Manipulating play-clocks, and in-stadium communications - illegal
11. Leg-whipping - illegal
12. Their main passing plays are illegal picks > 5 yards down the field - illegal
13. Falsely manipulating injury reports - illegal
14. Weapons trafficking - illegal
15. Perjury under oath - illegal
16. 2nd degree murder - illegal
17. Destruction of evidence in a homicide - illegal
18. 1st degree murder - illegal

Last edited by pricejj; 01-18-2014 at 10:31 PM..
Old 01-18-2014, 11:18 AM   #21
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
NE wouldn't be jack-crap this year without Blount and Talib. Two Pro Bowl quality players given up for nothing by Patriot-plant Schiano.
This one really makes me suspicious. On one hand I have a hard time imagining a coach would actually sabotage himself like that, but on the other hand those trades are so incredibly lopsided and they both went to the evil empire. It is fishy.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:02 AM   #22
Punisher
Paxton Leaf- Ryan Lynch

97,98,2015 Champs WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7

Quote:

Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:48 PM   #23
Kevin8Nine
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Your post got me interested in Spygate. So, I just did some research....

"As part of their probe into the allegations, the NFL required the Patriots to turn over all notes and tapes relating to the taping of opponents' defensive signals; the Patriots complied with the order and the NFL "reviewed" and then destroyed the materials.[4] This action was criticized on February 1, 2008 2 days before Super Bowl XLII by U.S. Senator Arlen Specter, who requested to meet with Goodell. Specter requested the meeting despite the fact that Belichick had admitted to taping signals dating back to 2000 was reported by ESPN on September 14, 2007.[5] After meeting with Goodell on February 13, 2008, and despite the fact that the extent of the taping had been widely reported, Specter appeared to believe he was breaking news when he said that Goodell told him that Belichick had been engaged in the practice since he became head coach of the Patriots in 2000.[6] Belichick said he believed he was operating within the rules as long as the tape was not used during the same game.[7]

Nearly six months after the incident, the Boston Herald reported, citing an unnamed source, that the Patriots had also videotaped the St. Louis Rams' walkthrough practice prior to Super Bowl XXXVI in February 2002,[8] an allegation denied by Belichick[7] and later retracted by the Herald. Meanwhile, Matt Walsh, a Patriots video assistant in 2001 who was fired after the team's 2002 season, told the media the same week that he had information and materials regarding the Patriots' videotaping practices, but demanded an indemnity agreement before speaking with the NFL.[9]

The NFL reached a deal with Walsh on April 23, 2008 and arranged a meeting between Goodell and Walsh.[10] Prior to the meeting, Walsh sent eight videotapes, containing opponents' coaches' signals from the 2000 through 2002 seasons, in accordance with the agreement.[11] Goodell and Walsh met on May 13, 2008, at which time Walsh told Goodell he and other Patriots employees were present at the Rams' walkthrough to set up video equipment for the game but that there was no tape of the walkthrough made; as a result, Goodell told the media no additional penalties would be brought against the Patriots.[12] Less than 24 hours later, the Herald issued an apology for the article about the alleged walkthrough tape.[13]

In addition several other teams including the Steelers and Packers also accused the Patriots of signal stealing with former Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward stating that when the offense would audible to another play the New England defenders would move to the new alignment before the offensive players arrived leaving no question that they in fact already knew what play had been called in the audible.[14]"

I had no idea it was that bad. They should be stripped of those rings

Last edited by Kevin8Nine; 10-02-2014 at 06:51 PM..
Kevin8Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:40 PM   #24
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8Nine View Post

I had no idea it was that bad. They should be stripped of those rings
Yeah dude, and that's not all...

Also, in the same year that Goodell destroyed ALL the Patriots tapes [2008], he suddenly passed a rule allowing a Defensive player to wear a headset for the 2008 season. It was already known in league circles that Tedy Bruschi wore a headset in his helmet during every Patriots game (same as the QB). Patriot DL players were also mic'ed up to record Offensive audibles and OL playcalls. In effect, this allowed the Patriots Defense to know what the Offense was running pre-snap and adjust their Defense accordingly. Goodell passed the Defensive headset rule in 2008 (along with destroying all the Patriots tapes), in an effort to brush all the cheating under the table.

Prior to 2008, NO Defensive players were allowed to have headsets or microphones.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #25
pricejj
jungle

And you wonder how a VERY average Defense, with slow unathletic average players (like Bruschi, Vrabel, etc.) went from being ranked in the middle of the pack...

...to a #1 ranked Defense by 2003.