The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2015, 12:48 PM   #1001
pricejj
jungle

Glenn is bringing the guy back to prove that they are the problem, not Rick's group. Sasha spared the preacher for the same reason. It goes along with Morgan's "our lives are precious" theme. They are trying to be civilized.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 12:51 PM   #1002
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Glenn is bringing the guy back to prove that they are the problem, not Rick's group. Sasha spared the preacher for the same reason. It goes along with Morgan's "our lives are precious" theme. They are trying to be civilized.
I understand the motives but while they are doing that Deanna orders Rick to take out Pete. Life as we know it is partly Old West law.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:23 PM   #1003
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
You are really missing out if you haven't watched Breaking Bad. Though some people take a few episodes to really "get it". I've known a few people who gave up after an episode or two and said they didn't like it, only to end up trying it a second time and falling in love. One of the best shows ever made.
I cut the cable cord after Hurricane Katrina when I got sick of only hearing about bad news on a daily basis and have had limited internet since I graduated from University about five years ago. I binge on shows when I have the time (and have lately, which finally got me caught up on TWD & GOT), but I prefer to be out wandering about and being in nature or focusing on all my writing endeavors.

I just can't get into TV or sit on a couch and let 'er rip unless it really, really appeals to me. Just not what people were meant to do. I spent enough time as a kid playing Nintendo for an entire lifetime. GOT/TWD is it, but I will also get some Dual Survivor or other outdoor shows in there. The only show I really watched growing up in a dedicated fashion was South Park, but I am ages behind on that now as well.

If I want my technology fix, I will play my CK2/GOT and come on the Orange Mane. The rest I just do not seem to care for. Haven't came across anything awesome on the internet in years now.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:39 PM   #1004
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I understand the motives but while they are doing that Deanna orders Rick to take out Pete. Life as we know it is partly Old West law.
Deanna was the judge and Pete and Rick had their trial.

1. Rick brought a dead zombie as his testimony.
2. Pete killed Reg as his testimony.

After considering all the evidence, Deanna ordered Pete's execution. Call it what you want, but there was a clear process.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:30 PM   #1005
Brewer
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Maybe the Breaking Bad fanboys should consider posting in another thread. Or make a new one for the show you want to ramble on about.

This thread its clearly marked "The Walking Dead thread" in case you missed it.
They're called Badbois, and they already have a thread over at www.waaaaaa_myshowended.boohoo
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:31 PM   #1006
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
"No Fate"

"Come with me if you want to live."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I watch the last 5 shows in one seating. WOW. Carol is my new favrorite character. Where the hell has this Carol been. TV Carol is now a lot more like comic book Carol. I love it!
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:44 PM   #1007
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
"No Fate"

"Come with me if you want to live."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

When did Morgan become a kung fu master.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:19 PM   #1008
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
I don't want to know people who don't like Breaking Bad. Not liking that show is a clear indicator that you are a moron.
Rich, coming from you......
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:20 PM   #1009
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
And for the wd fan boys that seem to be congregating here.. I simply said that Breaking Bad was a better show...because it was. Leaning on ratings as a comeback is just nonsense. Saying wd is better than breaking bad based on ratings is like saying nickelback is better than radiohead based on album sales. You want to know one reason why wd ratings are so high? It had an already constructed fan base before it ever aired due to the comics. You want to know another? Kids watch it. I would imagine that wd appeals to a very broad demographic, perhaps partially a product of their vast array of cast members but also the universally relevant end of days plot line. Its a very successful show. But again, when it comes to the actual viewing experience, there is absolutely no doubt about it, breaking bad was far superior.
Yeah, and 10,000 bears are wrong about the taste of honey......
Old 03-30-2015, 03:42 PM   #1010
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

I've never mentioned any other show other than The Walking Dead in this thread. Perhaps what is being asked is, if you're not a Walking Dead fanboy and you're not jizzing over every episode, stay out of this thread. I wouldn't cry about it, but I don't see any rules dictating such, so...

It's a mediocre show with 1-2 good episodes a season. This season it was the season opener, which was pretty kick ass. Actually the second half of the season was decent overall, unlike the rest of the first half, save for the opener, or the entirety of season 4 save the mid season finale. Morgan coming back is a good sign, he's usually involved in the best episodes. There are at least five other currently airing shows that are better, and I don't even watch a whole lot of shows... it's not even the best gory horror show on television (at the risk of raising the ire of TWD fans in this thread, I shall not utter its name, but it starts with an H and ends with an L).

Basically, it's a zombie show with pretensions of being a gritty character drama set in a zombie apocalypse. It doesn't hold up to much scrutiny on a character level. Take the current slate of villains, Pete, Nicholas and Gabriel... none of them have motivations, save Gabriel, other than being people you want to hate. They cast the most weaselly looking actor possible as Nicholas. Pete goes around chewing up scenes with his perma-grimace... we're supposed to believe he's a surgeon? Gabriel, sure has his perpetually cowardly reactions and his remorse over keeping people out of the church, but why does he leave the gates open when apparently he believes the Alexandria people are too good for Rick's camp? Oh, pretty much because it's a really ****ty thing to do and we're going to hate him for it. None of this is very interesting. They've really done a poor job with the human villains throughout the show, with maybe a couple of fleeting exceptions. The Governor was a total waste as the show's first big baddie. The Terminus guy was pretty good, and part of the reason the first episode of the season was good, but he didn't last long.

Anyway, it's a difference of opinion from the fanboys of the show. I'm not trying to convince anyone they shouldn't think it's the greatest work of fiction since Crime and Punishment. Have at it, you have your opinion and I have mine.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:25 PM   #1011
Brewer
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Yeah, and 10,000 bears are wrong about the taste of honey......
On the other hand, Budweiser still sells a lot of beer...
Old 03-30-2015, 04:26 PM   #1012
pricejj
jungle

Lol the struggle is real. Nobody said you can't complain. The people who whine and feel the need to tell everyone after every episode, that they are going to stop watching, are the annoying ones.

Please feel free to continue to post how much you hate the show. It brings so much to the discussion.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:27 PM   #1013
DrOrangeLove
Ring of Famer

I stand

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McKenzie

Quote:
I don't want to know people who don't like Breaking Bad. Not liking that show is a clear indicator that you are a moron.
Nailed It.
DrOrangeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:29 PM   #1014
pricejj
jungle

Oh no fanboys are ruining my freedom of speech! I have a right to watch shows that I hate then complain about it every week! Anyone who is positive is an evil fanboy sucking the emo right out of me!

Poor me!
Old 03-30-2015, 04:37 PM   #1015
Brewer
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrOrangeLove View Post
Nailed It.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/regajha/21-t...atc#.bmGO84vAa
Old 03-30-2015, 04:40 PM   #1016
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I did try to talk myself into trying season 4 again last night.

Maybe being able to binge it will help.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:29 PM   #1017
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer View Post
On the other hand, Budweiser still sells a lot of beer...
....hence the slogan "The King of Beers"
Old 03-30-2015, 06:32 PM   #1018
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Rich, coming from you......
Oh look, as if on cue, a moron...
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:38 PM   #1019
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
It's a mediocre show with 1-2 good episodes a season.
Have you seen most of the crap that is on TV these days? The Walking Dead is not really great by my estimation but it's a hell of a lot better than mediocre in today's television market full of tripe and dog**** vying for ratings every night.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:40 PM   #1020
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Relax people it's just a fuggin TV show
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:10 PM   #1021
DrOrangeLove
Ring of Famer

I stand

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McKenzie

Quote:
Have you seen most of the crap that is on TV these days? The Walking Dead is not really great by my estimation but it's a hell of a lot better than mediocre in today's television market full of tripe and dog**** vying for ratings every night.
nailed it...again.

Given my occupation, I have time for 1 maybe 2 shows tops. Right now It's The Walking Dead (well not anymore now that the season is officially over) and Better Call Saul. Thank G-D GoT is coming back on.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:36 PM   #1022
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrOrangeLove View Post
nailed it...again.

Given my occupation, I have time for 1 maybe 2 shows tops. Right now It's The Walking Dead (well not anymore now that the season is officially over) and Better Call Saul. Thank G-D GoT is coming back on.
Better Call Saul is the best new television series since the first episode of the Walking Dead. Absolutely fantastic show.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:52 PM   #1023
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

I don't watch the crap... but there are a lot of excellent shows out there. Better Call Saul, Mad Men, Rectify, Game of Thrones, Hannibal.... Masters of Sex is a good, unheralded show. I haven't gotten around to Shameless or Homeland, both of which have been well reviewed. Walking Dead is popular and watchable, but it's not the best show on TV. My opinion of course.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:57 PM   #1024
jutang
Ring of Famer

This thread has turned awfully whiny. It is like reading a game day thread when the Broncos are tied at halftime.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:14 PM   #1025
DrOrangeLove
Ring of Famer

I stand

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutang View Post
This thread has turned awfully whiny. It is like reading a game day thread when the Broncos are tied at halftime.
But we should be blowing these guys out. We never show up in the big games!

Vince Gilligan is a national treasure.