The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2015, 04:52 PM   #976
MamaMia
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
The Season 5 premier was the highest rated show in cable television history. Half the omane posters in this thread, "If this show doesn't get good quick, I'm done furever..."

I've loved all the seasons. The only show I've ever religiously watched. Now I'm waiting for Rick Grimes to cap a fool and for stuff to get real.
Hasn't anyone ever told you about Breaking Bad? Walking dead can be great at times, but Breaking Bad was infinitely better. It would be impossible for me to think of a single episode that i came away from and felt like i got nothing out of the experience. Walking dead, that's pretty much a 50/50 proposition.
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:39 PM   #977
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

HoFer

Best episode in quite awhile. For those that quit watching...sucks for you.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:42 PM   #978
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Really good season finale. For all the build up about the Wolves I sure hope there's more than two of them
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:52 PM   #979
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Holy **** that was good
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:18 PM   #980
pricejj
jungle

That was ****ing awesome.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:18 PM   #981
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
Lulz. I bet Season 6 TWD premier breaks the record that the season 5 premier set 6 months ago.

Breaking Bad didn't even break 6 million viewers until the 2nd to last episode. The last episode of Breaking Bad was the most viewed far with just over 10 million.

In contrast, only the first few TWD episodes were under 6 million, it's ratings dwarf any contender. Cable TV has never seen anything like it. They are now averaging over 14 million per episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
Morgan's return is way too overhype'd. It will be a letdown of lost finale proportions.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Last edited by pricejj; 03-29-2015 at 10:45 PM..
Old 03-29-2015, 10:55 PM   #982
ShutDownPoster
some like it hot

Bell Biv DVOA

OK, seems they saved the best for last - I'm not a rabid fanboy like Khan or Price no less.

Some random spoiler free comments:

1. Morgan - refresh my memory - but how did he become Ghost Dog?
2. Daryl - the CHAIN!
3. Daryl, is he gay?
4. Why didn't the townsfolk hear the gun go off and shatter the that window?
5. Glen, got his ass kicked again - but then totally redeemed himself.
6. I want to see the Lesbian's huge, flopping rack.

About this - thread, I find it very funny that to defend your beloved show you use the 'more people watch my show than your show, so your show not as good as my show' argument - you sound like Tebowners.
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:01 PM   #983
pricejj
jungle

Breaking Bad didn't even break 2 million viewers in a single episode EVER, until it was announced that the series would be cancelled after Season 5.

The first episode of The Walking Dead back in 2010 was 5.35 million viewers.

Just Season 5 of TWD has had more than 225 million viewers. The whole entire Breaking Bad series had less than 150 million viewers total.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:05 PM   #984
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDownPoster View Post

About this - thread, I find it very funny that to defend your beloved show you use the 'more people watch my show than your show, so your show not as good as my show' argument - you sound like Tebowners.
All I said was that The Walking Dead was one of the best shows of all time. I don't really care how many whiners feel it necessary to say they 'might' stop watching if it doesn't get better. TWD will continue to break records regardless.

And no I'm not a fanboy. I just find it funny that some posters never seem to be happy with anything...even though they're watching television history. The criticism is largely unfounded and comes from people who simply have short attention spans or just generally like to whine and complain over pretty much anything.

Last edited by pricejj; 03-29-2015 at 11:10 PM..
Old 03-29-2015, 11:21 PM   #985
ShutDownPoster
some like it hot

Bell Biv DVOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
All I said was that The Walking Dead was one of the best shows of all time. I don't really care how many whiners feel it necessary to say they 'might' stop watching if it doesn't get better. TWD will continue to break records regardless.

And no I'm not a fanboy. I just find it funny that some posters never seem to be happy with anything...even though they're watching television history. The criticism is largely unfounded and comes from people who simply have short attention spans or just generally like to whine and complain over pretty much anything.
I understand your stance very clearly. But in this respect, then you can mention any number of shows and apply the same defense. For example (I'm going extreme, yet topical here) I think the Cosby show was the worst show on television at the time - Nielsens records through the roof that show had, and I couldn't even sit through a minute of it. That was television history and it sucked Jello Puddin' pops.

Anyway, about the show: my main criticism would be that it moves too slowly (a victim of the 16 episode arc), and not enough boobs.
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:52 PM   #986
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Tonight's episode was fantastic. Morgan is a great character. I loved that actor in the show Jericho. It almost looked like that "W" dude who was in the opening seen was Jake from Jericho.

This show and Game of Thrones are really the only two I put any effort into watching. I have not seen an episode of Breaking Bad, though I hear it is really good.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:32 AM   #987
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
Morgan's return is way too overhype'd. It will be a letdown of lost finale proportions. Yes Jericho was a decently entertaining show for its limited run.
Was wrong he was ba.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:35 AM   #988
jmz313
Ring of Famer

i liked the finale, a lot until the final scene. I just dislike that it appears they will start next season with Rick and Morgan at odds. i would of preferred a colder Morgan but i'm fine with this "life is precious" Morgan as long as its a slow burn. Looks like they amping that right up for season 6.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:44 AM   #989
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Tonight's episode was fantastic. Morgan is a great character. I loved that actor in the show Jericho. It almost looked like that "W" dude who was in the opening seen was Jake from Jericho.

This show and Game of Thrones are really the only two I put any effort into watching. I have not seen an episode of Breaking Bad, though I hear it is really good.
You are really missing out if you haven't watched Breaking Bad. Though some people take a few episodes to really "get it". I've known a few people who gave up after an episode or two and said they didn't like it, only to end up trying it a second time and falling in love. One of the best shows ever made.
Agamemnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:53 AM   #990
Brewer
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
You are really missing out if you haven't watched Breaking Bad. Though some people take a few episodes to really "get it". I've known a few people who gave up after an episode or two and said they didn't like it, only to end up trying it a second time and falling in love. One of the best shows ever made.
Yay, scumbag drug dealer/school teacher. Best show ever! I know plenty of people who thought it was terrible and we're not fans, stopped watching. They were also lame and unimaginative. So, there you go. It takes all kinds to make this world go 'round.
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:56 AM   #991
Brewer
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
Nice try but it doesn't hold up to any scrutiny if you actually pay attention. LIke how the 'walkers are drawn by loud sounds' rule only applies when it's convenient to the plot. Or take the 'w' marks... the woman tied to the tree was clearly marked then left alive to be devoured by walkers. But the others had fresh marks with blood still showing even though they were heavily decayed indicating they'd been dead for a while. I'm pretty sure the intention is that people are marked before they die and not that someone is going around marking walkers. A little easter egg like the Wolves sign doesn't make this a show with an attention to detail or a complex one.
Wolves, like I said. Great finale.
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:14 AM   #992
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer View Post
Yay, scumbag drug dealer/school teacher. Best show ever! I know plenty of people who thought it was terrible and we're not fans, stopped watching. They were also lame and unimaginative. So, there you go. It takes all kinds to make this world go 'round.
I don't want to know people who don't like Breaking Bad. Not liking that show is a clear indicator that you are a moron.
Agamemnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:13 AM   #993
MamaMia
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Great season finale, seems like the next season will be pretty action packed. I think if you were to binge watch the last couple of seasons, the slow moving plot line wouldnt bother you as much and i think the experience would be great. But there are so many episodes where it seems like the only thing remotely interesting that happens is that there's a close call with a walker as a result of someone not being careful enough. Like 7 out of 10 zombie induced deaths on this show seem like they could have been completely avoidable and that makes everything feel a little phony. I will give them this, they do know how to make a finale that's for sure. I just wish they wouldnt be so obvious about the fact that they are stretching out this cash cow for as long as they possibly can.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:37 AM   #994
pricejj
jungle

Wasn't Morgan in Snatch? That guy is a great actor.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:45 AM   #995
MamaMia
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

And for the wd fan boys that seem to be congregating here.. I simply said that Breaking Bad was a better show...because it was. Leaning on ratings as a comeback is just nonsense. Saying wd is better than breaking bad based on ratings is like saying nickelback is better than radiohead based on album sales. You want to know one reason why wd ratings are so high? It had an already constructed fan base before it ever aired due to the comics. You want to know another? Kids watch it. I would imagine that wd appeals to a very broad demographic, perhaps partially a product of their vast array of cast members but also the universally relevant end of days plot line. Its a very successful show. But again, when it comes to the actual viewing experience, there is absolutely no doubt about it, breaking bad was far superior.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:23 AM   #996
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
And for the wd fan boys that seem to be congregating here.. I simply said that Breaking Bad was a better show...because it was. Leaning on ratings as a comeback is just nonsense. Saying wd is better than breaking bad based on ratings is like saying nickelback is better than radiohead based on album sales. You want to know one reason why wd ratings are so high? It had an already constructed fan base before it ever aired due to the comics. You want to know another? Kids watch it. I would imagine that wd appeals to a very broad demographic, perhaps partially a product of their vast array of cast members but also the universally relevant end of days plot line. Its a very successful show. But again, when it comes to the actual viewing experience, there is absolutely no doubt about it, breaking bad was far superior.
I'm sympathetic to your premise. But crediting comic books for WD's ratings just doesn't make sense. The pre-TV comics fanbase would be an absolute drop in the bucket.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:54 AM   #997
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
But... but... clearly WD is the greatest most complex show ever because they were planning the Wolves five episodes in advance!

Last edited by Bronco X; 03-30-2015 at 09:57 AM..
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:16 AM   #998
pricejj
jungle

Maybe the Breaking Bad fanboys should consider posting in another thread. Or make a new one for the show you want to ramble on about.

This thread its clearly marked "The Walking Dead thread" in case you missed it.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:21 AM   #999
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I'm sympathetic to your premise. But crediting comic books for WD's ratings just doesn't make sense. The pre-TV comics fanbase would be an absolute drop in the bucket.
B-b-b-but it's not better because I say it's not better!

Signed,
Breaking Bad fanboy posting in a Walking Dead thread

Last edited by pricejj; 03-30-2015 at 11:23 AM..
Old 03-30-2015, 11:32 AM   #1000
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Morgan would fit in perfectly with Alexandria. He can kick ass but wants to mellow out and not have dip****s **** with him. I think the whole town is now for Rick including The Mayor. Morgan has no clue what has been going on so he has a choice to stick around or be a nomad. On the episode, how the **** did Glenn survive the 3 walkers on him or coming at him? Seems it would be so far fetched that they didn't bother to show any of it and just have Glenn pop out and attack the a-hole betrayer Nick after being shot under the shoulder by him. What strength to be able to do that after being shot. Glenn has too much compassion for the a-hole who got Noah killed and I am sure others from the past and couldn't handle Glenn being a leader so he tried to take him out. I would have left him to be eaten by walkers.

One of the best scenes that hasn't been mentioned was Carol bringing the food over to Pete's house and telling him before leaving, "and I want my dish back!" Carol is so badass and still acting like the fragile, abused woman of her past in public. She is so undercover with those old lady clothes that the original folks in Alexandria have no clue how ruthless she can be. Hell, she killed a girl Lizzie ("look at the flowers lizzie").
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote