The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2018, 07:07 AM   #101
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
You’re divining this from one regular season game... against the Jets?

Ok.
Denzel Ward has been balling for three weeks, if you can't see that he's an exceptional player then you haven't been paying attention. In terms of Mayfield, yes, he went out and proved that not only was he accurate and capable of reading an NFL defense led by a very capable defensive staff, but he also has an NFL arm, which a lot of people questioned. The things that I was most concerned about in terms of Mayfield as a prospect were answered last night against a pretty good defense, so yea, I divined it.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:11 AM   #102
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Did anyone else notice that it was one of the NFLs suggested safe QB tackling methods, a gator tackle, that led to Tyrod Taylors concussion.

https://youtu.be/WnNuCJVhReM
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:34 AM   #103
RonStoppable
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatspirits View Post
I honestly believe Swag can be just as good as Mayfield!
RonStoppable is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:56 AM   #104
orange crusher
Predominately Orange

Mile High No Fly

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat

My favorite OM myth was that Mayfield wasn’t very accurate, just that his receivers were always wide open at OK.
orange crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:03 PM   #105
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchambo View Post
Huh? We have two games where they’ve both played very well. It’s a tad early to say something like this.
I think part of it is the fact that our secondary is a shell of what it used to be and our pass rush is still solid.

Stewart is not at the level he was. Simmons has lots of talent but still making mental errors. Roby is not a #1 corner. Harris is having to carry everything.

So when that happens Ward looks pretty damn good. He's playing great too, but it makes him look way better when compared to Chubb, despite the fact he's a big part of the reason Von has been disgusting out of the gate.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:12 PM   #106
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

TeamSwag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

"when mayfield ran onto the field, everything changed, the entire team changed."
- tim tebow
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:13 PM   #107
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
"when mayfield ran onto the field, everything changed, the entire team changed."
- Swagg

Fixed it
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:55 PM   #108
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Fixed it
So you are saying Swag said it?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:15 PM   #109
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
So you are saying Swag said it?
I was like "What's Kelly doing in Cleveland?"
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:50 PM   #110
uplink
Ring of Famer

meh, mayfield hasn't really done anything until he does it with swag standing on the other sideline.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 03:22 AM   #111
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

Said on another thread my daughter saw Mahomes and Mayfeild shoot it out in Lubbock. The most yards passing yards in ncaa history. Plus All the obcene signs since Baker walked out on TexasTech to go to OK State.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:27 AM   #112
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
meh, mayfield hasn't really done anything until he does it with swag standing on the other sideline.
The oddity and the contrast here is interesting to say the least. These two are perhaps the most similar to each other in size, style, arm talent, leadership style, work ethic and the way they play the game, but the off the field incidents they each have in common...Mayfield drunk and comically trying to run from cops and Kelly ludicrously threatening a mass shooting...that will forever evoke comparisons even beyond the other similarities they share. The fact that they were also taken at the polar opposite ends of the draft only adds to the narrative they’re possibly destined to produce. All that assumes each fulfills their potential, which is by no means certain. I think Mayfield is getting a bump in fan’s estimation simply because he’s a brash, cocky guy who exemplifies what some consider leadership through arrogance. The same is true with Kelly, whose name conjures up visions of his famous uncle, but whose nickname is what attracts his most ardent supporters. The level of hype surrounding this guy is unprecedented for any past Mr. Irrelevant to be clear, and while he’s looked promising so far for a backup guy whose never taken a snap in a real NFL game, his performances hardly justify this growing status as some kind of cult folk hero. Ironically it’s because he’s probably at his core a total jerk that certain elements of the fan base love him, a phenomenon that has implications outside of sports obviously. The promise held by his genetic factor is somewhat ironic, given that Jim Kelly never acted like he has. Assuming the progress in maturity that we see alleged now is real...that could prove dissapointing of course...he ought to be able to continue an upward climb here. I say “ought to”. Nobody knows who Elway might take a shine to in the next two drafts, and if he spots somebody he’s convinced would be more likely to be “the guy”, then all bets are off on “Swag” being the new King in town.

Either way...if Kelly and Mayfield have careers that are anywhere close to similar that could mean the Browns either return from the dead or the Broncos decline to Brown-like status. Should both be decidedly and simultaneously relevant as competitors again, something not seen in the last 30 seasons, these two will be linked inseparably. One will be judged along side Elway and Manning, Aikman, Luck, etc...based on draft status alone. The other will be considered the steal of the draft and a much bigger bargain.

The odds of that happening...who knows at this point? But it’s a tale with some intrigue. Perhaps in two years time we will see if it materializes or fizzles.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:59 AM   #113
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
Said on another thread my daughter saw Mahomes and Mayfeild shoot it out in Lubbock. The most yards passing yards in ncaa history. Plus All the obcene signs since Baker walked out on TexasTech to go to OK State.
He went to OSU too?
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:02 AM   #114
Shananahan
#snakelife

BLASTED

Guys, I'm excited about Kelly also, but... it's getting out of hand.

I don't even know where to begin with that post, footsteps.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:27 AM   #115
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

The NFL has been suffering in recent years from a lack of new stars... finally there is a whole new roster emerging.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:13 AM   #116
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Make the NFL Great Again

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange crusher View Post
My favorite OM myth was that Mayfield wasn’t very accurate, just that his receivers were always wide open at OK.
Exactly and another OM myth is that Big 12 QB’s can’t adapt to the NFL game. It looks like Mahomes and Mayfield are adapting just fine.

Another knock on Mayfield was not taking snaps under center in college, he was very comfortable operating from under center especially for a rookie that didn’t take any snaps with the first team.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote