The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2016, 08:21 PM   #1276
muninoel
Pro Bowler

NFL Fan

Carl gets his hole in his head! Yay!
muninoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:38 PM   #1277
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Holy ****. That was Red Wedding-esque.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:55 PM   #1278
69bronco
Ring of Famer

Good episode but sorry if you get shot in the eye point blank like that the back of your head has a gaping hole where your brain use to be..
69bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:12 AM   #1279
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69bronco View Post
Good episode but sorry if you get shot in the eye point blank like that the back of your head has a gaping hole where your brain use to be..
I think it's safe to assume that the bullet hit him at an angle rather that straight on.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:41 AM   #1280
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

Quote:
Not necessarily.

Angle, caliber, it's a ****ing show, etc.
Rabb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:34 AM   #1281
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marquez

Good episode......when the puss kid got eaten I thought it was a dream or something. Glad it was real, he was annoying.
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:36 AM   #1282
OABB
Internet Warrior

Battle tested.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Good episode......when the puss kid got eaten I thought it was a dream or something. Glad it was real, he was annoying.
Agreed. I cheered
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:39 AM   #1283
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

I knew this was going to happen to Carl for awhile but I was still so happy to see it on TV
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:49 AM   #1284
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Yeah, but Jessie.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:52 AM   #1285
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Greg Nicotero said the bullet glanced off the outside of his occipital lobe sending bone shards into his eye. There's a close-up showing a wound on the side of his face.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:05 AM   #1286
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Old 02-15-2016, 09:20 AM   #1287
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
Yeah, but Jessie.
I know. When she got eaten I let out a loud damnit!
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:05 AM   #1288
MamaMia
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

No one though to just pick the damn kid up and carry him? That's what makes me so mad about the show...people usually end up bitten for the dumbest of resasons.

Overall though it was a good episode. Finally some action. Things had slowed to a crawl. Now we dont have to watch that kid be afraid anymore, or watch his butt hurt older brother grit his teeth over his dad, and now Rick is free to be a leader and not take care of another woman. And thank god...we no longer have to listen to that idiot who thinks he is a wolf anymore.
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:23 PM   #1289
manchambo
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
No one though to just pick the damn kid up and carry him? That's what makes me so mad about the show...people usually end up bitten for the dumbest of resasons.

Overall though it was a good episode. Finally some action. Things had slowed to a crawl. Now we dont have to watch that kid be afraid anymore, or watch his butt hurt older brother grit his teeth over his dad, and now Rick is free to be a leader and not take care of another woman. And thank god...we no longer have to listen to that idiot who thinks he is a wolf anymore.
I don't think they could pick him up. They have to act like zombies or it draws attention. And he was already making noise and drawing attention. Almost anything they did would make it worse.

I will say this, though. I think lighting a big fire so all the zombies wander in is about become just like covering oneself in zombie gore: a great trick they conveniently forget for plot purposes.
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:19 PM   #1290
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

So there was a zombie walking around who was all bones and had his guts hanging out. Where is he getting the energy to move? I still don't get where the zombies keep coming from? I could see a city like Chicago but out in the country? After years and years of this plague and zombies getting killed off why aren't the ranks thinning out?

Why not get in a big snow plow or truck and run up and down the streets of the city?

There is nothing else on to watch sadly. Can't wait for The American's to start back up.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:25 PM   #1291
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

I laughed when Carl got shot. Thought he died for sure.

Also glad both this other kids are gone too. The show will be better for it
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:26 PM   #1292
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

The only thing worse than a zombie is a flaming zombie.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:28 PM   #1293
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
So there was a zombie walking around who was all bones and had his guts hanging out. Where is he getting the energy to move? I still don't get where the zombies keep coming from? I could see a city like Chicago but out in the country? After years and years of this plague and zombies getting killed off why aren't the ranks thinning out?

Why not get in a big snow plow or truck and run up and down the streets of the city?

There is nothing else on to watch sadly. Can't wait for The American's to start back up.
I do this all the time, I try and apply logic to the show but you can't. Just like when they are running through a mob of zombies with pistols, they are all Annie friggin' Oakley and ripping off head shots like they aren't a big deal.

Thhhheeeeennnn they will get into a fire fight with other people who aren't moving or trying to eat their faces with assault rifles and miss every shot.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:40 PM   #1294
Brewer
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Greg Nicotero said the bullet glanced off the outside of his occipital lobe sending bone shards into his eye. There's a close-up showing a wound on the side of his face.
Nicotero did not say occipital lobe. That's the BACK of the skull. Had it bounced off the BACK of his skill after entering his right orbital he would indeed be dead, likely with a hole elsewhere in his skull.

Great episode. So many great escapes- Daryll with the rocket launcher taking out Negan's crew, Abraham and Sasha saving Glenn, Carol taking out the Wolf so that Denise could get back to the infirmary...
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:43 PM   #1295
Brewer
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
The only thing worse than a zombie is a flaming zombie.
That's gaycist!
Old 02-15-2016, 01:51 PM   #1296
Brewer
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

One thing that bothers me is how walkers are always terrible at grabbing living people, unless someone is dangling above them. Then those walkers become vice grips for feet and legs.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:02 PM   #1297
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer View Post
That's gaycist!
I mean, I get it...you're dead and you want to eat people. It's how they are. I am fine with that but do they need to be all "in your face" about it?
Old 02-15-2016, 02:05 PM   #1298
manchambo
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

That seems like a fairly arbitrary place to re-assert skepticism. You will accept that there can be zombies that come back from the dead, be virtually indestructible (except for egg-shell skull), etc., but you want them to follow accepted rules re: conservation of energy? Zombies are basically magic, and you have to accept that or no Zombie story will work.

I'm sort of with you on the plow. How long did they drive around in a damn Hyundai instead of procuring any number of vehicles that would let you mow down Zombies to your heart's content? Of course, they should have all gone to the coast, gotten on a boat, and lived on fish. Maybe cleared a small island. Problem is they need to keep the show interesting. They don't let them do a number of things that would make them a lot safer. Usually it works, but sometimes they strain a bit.
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:18 PM   #1299
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer View Post
One thing that bothers me is how walkers are always terrible at grabbing living people, unless someone is dangling above them. Then those walkers become vice grips for feet and legs.
This reminds me of the movie It Follows.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:02 PM   #1300
Ponyta
Seasoned Veteran

Born to Run

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This show pales in comparison to the graphic novels. The only good scene from the episode was Negan's crew. This show should have been on hbo.
Ponyta is offline   Reply With Quote