The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2015, 04:34 PM   #1076
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Yep, I stopped watching it because it just wasn't the same. The 1st season was good, not great but nice watch if you couldn't sleep but it went off the rails after that sort of hot chick was killed off.
Oh Ava. I'll miss her too. She's been the best this season because it's been almost impossible to figure out where her true allegiance is, till she crossed Boyd. I sure hope she gets away.
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:16 PM   #1077
ShutDownPoster
some like it hot

Bell Biv DVOA

Dear Spider,

Please come back and throat punch this entire thread and everyone in it.
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:11 PM   #1078
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Again, learn to read. I explained that my meaning was a mix of different martial arts, not what is currently called MMA. Not to mention MMA isn't some specific style, but is literally just a description of fighters with different martial arts backgrounds fighting.

Seriously dude, you're pathetic. You haven't even yet figured out that I am not criticizing the fight choreography, but the characterization. You're a joke, as per usual.
YOU, the self-proclaimed 25 year expert in "a mix of martial arts" couldn't beat up anyone in less than a minute. I have never met a cop that could beat a full grown man up in less than a minute. In reality, elite MMA fighters rarely knock anyone out in less than a minute, let alone a small-town cop without using any weapons.

The only joke here is you.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:21 PM   #1079
pricejj
jungle

Attached Images

Old 04-03-2015, 09:34 PM   #1080
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

HoFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
You don't think it's the writers job to write realistic characters and to portray them as characters rather than plot devices? That's the problem I have.

Like I said, it's just as silly as if Rick suddenly demonstrating competency at being a surgeon or a computer hacker or whatever.

A good writer doesn't just have characters pull abilities out of their asses that don't remotely match with that character.
I'll admit...i thought Rick was gonna annihilate Pete. Was surprised when he practically went toe to toe with him.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:40 PM   #1081
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Are people still going on about this? Aside from the fact that it's a show, we know nothing about Pete's life prior to the apocalypse. Maybe he wrestled/boxed/fought earlier in life. Who ****ing knows or cares?
Brohemoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 02:13 PM   #1082
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

HoFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
Hell On Wheels was fantastic until they killed off the girl in Season 1. She was the equilibrium in an otherwise dark and sinister storyline. The show is still really good, but it lost that magic/element of grace.
I don't understand why people get so attached to side characters. It was a shock to have her killed off but the show wouldn't be where it is if they didn't. I feel the show is every bit as good, if not better, all the way through Season 4 as it was in Season 1. To each their own though. (just watched the season 4 Finale today)
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 02:18 PM   #1083
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

I blame this thread on the NFL who decided to move the draft to late April. Thanks alot Gooddell
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:14 PM   #1084
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Let's Go Broncos!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
I blame this thread on the NFL who decided to move the draft to late April. Thanks alot Gooddell
Hell, Goodell's probably to blame for the Walking Dead zombie apocalypse.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:45 PM   #1085
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
Attached Images

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:23 PM   #1086
DrOrangeLove
Ring of Famer

I stand

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
YOU, the self-proclaimed 25 year expert in "a mix of martial arts" couldn't beat up anyone in less than a minute. I have never met a cop that could beat a full grown man up in less than a minute. In reality, elite MMA fighters rarely knock anyone out in less than a minute, let alone a small-town cop without using any weapons.

The only joke here is you.
I'm not sure what the bigger joke is here? The idea that you take real life examples and compare them to hollywood or that you greatly underestimate the amount of devastation one can subject another human being to in under a minute.

IRL, not the octagon or whatever MMA showmen call it. I'll let you get up in my face and act all macho then I'll crush your thyroid cartilage and your trachea against your cervical vetebrae using styloid process of my ulna. You go down. That's it. The fight is over. Oh and if I happened to have missed, my heel is going directly at your patella and tibia. If you're lucky they'll take you "walk" away several months later after several hours of rehab and several orthopedic surgeries to repair your ACL, patellar tendon and whatever else happens to fracture in the process.

And I'm not going to telegraph it and I'm not going to let you know I'll be resorting to force. That would take me 10 seconds tops.
DrOrangeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:11 PM   #1087
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrOrangeLove View Post
I'm not sure what the bigger joke is here? The idea that you take real life examples and compare them to hollywood or that you greatly underestimate the amount of devastation one can subject another human being to in under a minute.

IRL, not the octagon or whatever MMA showmen call it. I'll let you get up in my face and act all macho then I'll crush your thyroid cartilage and your trachea against your cervical vetebrae using styloid process of my ulna. You go down. That's it. The fight is over. Oh and if I happened to have missed, my heel is going directly at your patella and tibia. If you're lucky they'll take you "walk" away several months later after several hours of rehab and several orthopedic surgeries to repair your ACL, patellar tendon and whatever else happens to fracture in the process.

And I'm not going to telegraph it and I'm not going to let you know I'll be resorting to force. That would take me 10 seconds tops.
Lol. What in the holy hell are you talking about, loser.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:20 PM   #1088
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:

Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:03 AM   #1089
Brewer
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

You're most certainly not a medical doctor. You might know a doctor, but you are not a doctor. Not an MD, not even a DO, a PhD in Theology or even a tree surgeon. If you were, though, you would have graduated last in your class with those writing skills.

Last edited by Brewer; 04-05-2015 at 09:06 AM..
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:29 AM   #1090
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

oh wow, the draft really, really needs to get here fast!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 02:37 PM   #1091
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
I don't understand why people get so attached to side characters. It was a shock to have her killed off but the show wouldn't be where it is if they didn't. I feel the show is every bit as good, if not better, all the way through Season 4 as it was in Season 1. To each their own though. (just watched the season 4 Finale today)
For me, she (what was her name, Lily?) was the element of hope that a good show needs. The original plot of the show was based around Cullen avenging his family. After it was done, along with all the other **** that went down, Lily was positioned to be the anchor. She was the person to bring him back and give him a reason to go on. I'd argue she was a fixture in the show, not a side character. But right as the romance gets built up, the show abruptly kills her off. Then from there stems an endless violence with indians, the railroad, the Norwegian, the lawmen, the Mormons, the Christian nutcase, etc. Endless chaos with seemingly no favorable outcomes. The hope is gone.
Brohemoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 02:49 PM   #1092
ShaneFalco
Infamous

Rick is the best!
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 03:21 PM   #1093
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
Rick is the best!
Cool. I can't wait for your football takes.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 03:30 PM   #1094
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The walking dead has been hit or miss for the entire run. The only reasons I watch it now are for the production vaules on the zombies (me) and that it's something I watch with my wife (maintaining).

My main gripe is that there is so many filler episodes, that I just lose interest. I had this same gripe with Vikings, but they've corrected it.

Mostly the repetitive "hey look guys we found some survivors" "oh noes man, what should we do?" "let's friend them!" "no too dangerous!" "going in **** it! "OMFG THEY ARE ****ED UP" "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh; cue 1 or 2 episodes of consequence"

The attempt to turn that Rick's group is evil (omg get emotional about it trying to interest viewers) has been languishing for like 5 or 6 episodes now. Either make them the bad guy or don't. This latest season has been a huge suck fest imo. Which is summed up by a legion of fans that are loving it because of a nothing character from season 1 has been re-introduced.

Also as much as I've tried (recorded on my DVR) I just can't ever bring myself to watch more than 10 mins of the talking dead. That show just apptimizes everything that is wrong with the series and makes me rage delete anytime I try to watch it.

Last edited by Atwater His Ass; 04-05-2015 at 03:35 PM..
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:19 PM   #1095
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
LMFAO

Any chance you have a tattoo on your chest that says "Hope"?
I actually think it says No Ragrets
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:25 PM   #1096
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

If you like it, watch it.......,if you don't, then don't watch it.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:58 PM   #1097
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
If you like it, watch it.......,if you don't, then don't watch it.
Another quality take from errand...
Old 04-05-2015, 09:48 PM   #1098
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Another quality take from errand...
Ya know for someone who thinks the show sucks, you sure spend a lot of time in this thread.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:59 PM   #1099
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
...trying to interest viewers...
They're clearing doing better than "trying"...

http://deadline.com/2015/03/walking-...d-1201400919/#
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:40 PM   #1100
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Ya know for someone who thinks the show sucks, you sure spend a lot of time in this thread.
Huh? I never said I think the show sucks.