The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2016, 08:35 PM   #3426
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Hell yeah! Sucks for Rickon! SMH We have to get through another season of watching Ramsey torture someone. That's getting pretty old!
Unless they use Rickon as a puppet. But that's not Ramsey's style.

Can we focus on the Umber lord? Is that Smalljon? He reminded me of a young Liam Neeson. He talked to Ramsey like he was a little boy.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:38 PM   #3427
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
There has to be male Stark that leads the North. I don't see anyone else out there.
Robb legitimized Jon as a Stark in a letter before he was dead.

Bran, despite being broken is still there too, but his role is likely never at the head of House Stark.

I don't see the incentive for Ramsay to kill Rickon at this time. We will see.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:39 PM   #3428
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
Can we focus on the Umber lord? Is that Smalljon? He reminded me of a young Liam Neeson. He talked to Ramsey like he was a little boy.
Yep, it's Smalljon. Says his dad is dead (who was captive in the Twins after the Red Wedding) and now is the head of House Umber. A step away from the books, as Smalljon died at the Twins.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:07 AM   #3429
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

overall kinda disappointed with the episode. The only good part was when ollie expression before and after he was hung.

biggest disappointment is the queen of dragons naked and we didn't get a boob shot.

kinda surprissed John walked away from the watch.

completely forgot about Rikon. This bullcrap about the north never forgetting. Seems like they will forget if it benefits them
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:20 AM   #3430
jutang
Ring of Famer

I did like the flashback with Ned. It showed him that he wasn't as good of a fighter as season 1 made him out to be. Also that he was willing to stretch the truth out about his own past deeds.

If George RR Martin was still in charge the story I'll be getting a little nervous about some of the characters I like just because this is what he usually decides to kill one of them. But now that HBO seems to be in charge I don't know if they'll make it like a Hollywood ending which will be a little disappointing.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:32 AM   #3431
manchambo
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutang View Post
I did like the flashback with Ned. It showed him that he wasn't as good of a fighter as season 1 made him out to be. Also that he was willing to stretch the truth out about his own past deeds.

If George RR Martin was still in charge the story I'll be getting a little nervous about some of the characters I like just because this is what he usually decides to kill one of them. But now that HBO seems to be in charge I don't know if they'll make it like a Hollywood ending which will be a little disappointing.
I'm not aware of Ned stretching the truth about Dayne. In the books Bran remembers that his dad said Dayne would have killed him if not for Reed. He never claimed he killed him, or could have killed him, by himself.
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:54 AM   #3432
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchambo View Post
I'm not aware of Ned stretching the truth about Dayne. In the books Bran remembers that his dad said Dayne would have killed him if not for Reed. He never claimed he killed him, or could have killed him, by himself.
Yeah! Also, Ned Stark was a pretty good fighter. I don't think he would have became the warden of the north and Robert's right hand man without being a good fighter. It's just that Dayne was such a great fighter.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:57 AM   #3433
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Unless they use Rickon as a puppet. But that's not Ramsey's style.

That's all Ramsey does in every season is torture someone. He turned Theon Greyjoy (who was an heir to the Ironborne) into Reek and beat and raped Sansha Stark. Why wouldn't he torture Rickon?
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:27 AM   #3434
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy

Return to the Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
That's all Ramsey does in every season is torture someone. He turned Theon Greyjoy (who was an heir to the Ironborne) into Reek and beat and raped Sansha Stark. Why wouldn't he torture Rickon?
I suspect the lady who was with Rickon (forgot her name) is going to be dog chow.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:38 AM   #3435
TonyR
Franchise Poster

For those like me who haven't read the books and didn't really have a clue...

Why Game of Thrones’ Tower of Joy Flashback Is So Important

http://www.vulture.com/2016/05/tower...f-thrones.html
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:23 AM   #3436
Doggcow
Shibas

So Happ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
overall kinda disappointed with the episode. The only good part was when ollie expression before and after he was hung.

biggest disappointment is the queen of dragons naked and we didn't get a boob shot.

kinda surprissed John walked away from the watch.

completely forgot about Rikon. This bullcrap about the north never forgetting. Seems like they will forget if it benefits them
You won't get to see anymore. She has a contract clause to keep her naughty bits hidden now.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:48 AM   #3437
Cascadia Bronco
Seattle = Broncos Country

That guy in Bronco gear in Seattle

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I just told my coworkers the other day, I bet Rickon is the "gift" in the trailer.

There is a rumor that the Northern houses have a plan to undermine the Boltons. I am beginning to see it. No way the Umbers would hand over Rickon without a twist. The North remembers.

On a side note, I just watched Youtube clips of Robb & Talisa and Daenerys & Drogo. We need another good romance. Is Jon going to get a rebound?
Also he refused to swear loyalty at all costs. That's some fishy business and there has to be something else going on. Also Ramsay isn't fooling anyone with his "poison" ruse, and already people are calling him out on it.
Cascadia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:21 PM   #3438
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Why do I feel Ned Stark is going to be the one that killed his sister in anger and that she didn't die in child birth.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:24 PM   #3439
jutang
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchambo View Post
My mistake then... Don't remember Ned saying that Reed saved him in the book. Was going more off the TV show where Bran is surprised how overpowered Ned was in the fight with Dayne and thought it was consistent with the Book.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:30 PM   #3440
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Why would they think giving Dayne two swords was a good idea? The Sword of the Morning had one sword named Dawn, made from a fallen star. The writers deliberately changed it, **** them.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:12 PM   #3441
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMind View Post
Why would they think giving Dayne two swords was a good idea? The Sword of the Morning had one sword named Dawn, made from a fallen star. The writers deliberately changed it, **** them.
honestly, he looked a lot more bad ass with two swords than one. The idea of beating four trained men with a sword and shield is hard to believe.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:21 PM   #3442
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm guessing the scream from the tower was Ned's sister giving birth to Jon.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:23 PM   #3443
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I'm guessing the scream from the tower was Ned's sister giving birth to Jon.
we have a bingo
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:24 PM   #3444
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

My guess is that the show runners are trying to somehow work in how the Umbers were "split" in their allegiance to Stannis and Roose. How they are doing it is beyond me since they already seemed to make all the Karstarks bad guys rather than just the uncle and, as others have mentioned, the GreatJon is still alive in the books but dead in this and both he and his son were fiercely loyal.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:22 PM   #3445
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
honestly, he looked a lot more bad ass with two swords than one. The idea of beating four trained men with a sword and shield is hard to believe.
I feel the opposite, I thought it looked goofy and unrealistic for a man to take on 6 or 7 guys with two swords. Plus it was unfaithful to a legendary warrior in the books.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:25 AM   #3446
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I don't understand the problem with having Dayne use two swords to take on a crowd. I thought that scene worked really well. As a book reader, I'm not even all that bothered. There's a lot of stuff that has to get changed for visuals in the television rendition. Getting hung up on a sword that has gotten zero acclaim in the show seems a bit petty.
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:33 AM   #3447
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe

Greed is good

Scene looked fine to me. Really not that important, he had no shield so it would have been near impossible for him to defend himself against a group if he had only one sword given the way they surrounded him.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:34 AM   #3448
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Hmmm... Then again.

I just reread Eddard's recollection of this event, and can understand the disappointment. Fans of the book have good reason to want to see the book version of this event in true form.

I hope someday a cartoon similar to Clone Wars will be made of this stuff, completely true to the books.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:35 AM   #3449
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Here's a version I found on You Tube, read by Uncle Roy...

Old 05-10-2016, 03:41 AM   #3450
retro
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The show kicks ass. You can always find things to complain about if you work hard enough.
retro is offline   Reply With Quote