The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2017, 04:42 PM   #101
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Who the **** said dismiss it? but what you did dismiss was calling me a racist.
Nope
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:42 PM   #102
swaiy
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Rampant?

If you had to pick any era to live in as a black man you're not picking the current one? Seems to me Jim Crow eras were far worse and "rampant" than today.

MLB wouldn't allow blacks......segregation....how about slaves? that's rampant.

Racism today has tamed far more than of the past.

Bro... I can't.

Are you justifying racism by saying it's not as bad as it used to be? From slaves to criminals. From hangings to shootings. I'll admit our time is way better now but to explain it away as "it used to be worse" is not a good look man.
swaiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:43 PM   #103
Bronx33
Douche Mod

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Nope
go **** yourself.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:44 PM   #104
swaiy
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvBroncos View Post
First Derek Wolfe's comments now this.

I'm starting to not hate Denver

Good for them
Do you stand up with your hand over your heart in that rusty ass trailer?
Old 09-28-2017, 04:47 PM   #105
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post

Bro... I can't.

Are you justifying racism by saying it's not as bad as it used to be? From slaves to criminals. From hangings to shootings. I'll admit our time is way better now but to explain it away as "it used to be worse" is not a good look man.

I'm saying Rampant describes past instances of racism. Uncontrolled spreading and flourishing at the highest degree. That's what rampant means.

Sorry but It's not rampant in today's era. If it was we'd all be killing each other with no laws.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:48 PM   #106
ILuvBroncos
Friend of Lelo Lang

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Griese

Quote:

Bro... I can't.

This guy is an idiot
ILuvBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:49 PM   #107
Strip Sacked
Peanut Smasher

You're dead to me Peanut.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
E. Sanders

Why lame move of thread?
Strip Sacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:52 PM   #108
swaiy
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Quote:
I'm saying Rampant describes past instances of racism. Uncontrolled spreading and flourishing at the highest degree. That's what rampant means.

Sorry but It's not rampant in today's era. If it was we'd all be killing each other with no laws.
Flourishing at the highest degree? There are racists in many high positions. Look no further than the president. It might not be as OUTWARD, but it's rampant. You can keep telling yourself that isn't the case, but it's here. It's happening. The methods just changed with the time.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:53 PM   #109
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler

I'm your Huckleberry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU

Wasn't Caepernick lounging on the bench when this all started?
Tonyels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:53 PM   #110
swaiy
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Quote:
This guy is an idiot
Coming from the village idiot. I guess you would know.

Get bent.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:00 PM   #111
swaiy
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Quote:
After hours of careful consideration, and even a visit from Nate Boyer, a retired Green Beret and former N.F.L. player, we came to the conclusion that we should kneel, rather than sit, the next day during the anthem as a peaceful protest. We chose to kneel because itís a respectful gesture. I remember thinking our posture was like a flag flown at half-mast to mark a tragedy.
mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/opinion/colin-kaepernick-football-protests.html

This was from Eric Reid (a teammate at the time).

Quote:
" We sorta came to a middle ground where he would take a knee alongside his teammate. Soldiers take a knee in front of a fallen brotherís grave, you know, to show respect. When weíre on a patrol, you know, and we go into a security halt, we take a knee, and we pull security. "
This quote is from Nate Boyer(former Green Beret and NFL player).
Old 09-28-2017, 05:01 PM   #112
cmc0605
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

could be a rotating thing, week to week. Doesn't much matter to me what they decide to do, but if they kneel, good for them. Upsetting pseudo-patriots isn't a concern to me. I don't mind the argument, though, at least it generates conversation.
cmc0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:01 PM   #113
ILuvBroncos
Friend of Lelo Lang

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Griese

Quote:
Flourishing at the highest degree? There are racists in many high positions. Look no further than the president. It might not be as OUTWARD, but it's rampant. You can keep telling yourself that isn't the case, but it's here. It's happening. The methods just changed with the time.
What's rampant is African Americans murdering other African Americans as well as whites.

African Americans only make up 13% of the population but are almost responsible for half of all homicides.

I'd say that's a much bigger problem.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:06 PM   #114
swaiy
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Kaepernick when asked about people viewing the flag as a symbol of the military and what he would say to them:
Quote:
I have great respect for the men and women that have fought for this country. I have family, I have friends that have gone and fought for this country. And they fight for freedom, they fight for the people, they fight for liberty and justice, for everyone. Thatís not happening. People are dying in vain because this country isnít holding their end of the bargain up, as far as giving freedom and justice, liberty to everybody. Thatís something thatís not happening. Iíve seen videos, Iíve seen circumstances where men and women that have been in the military have come back and been treated unjustly by the country they have fought for, and have been murdered by the country they fought for, on our land. Thatís not right.
Here is what he said when asked if his protest was a blanket indictment of all law enforcement:

Quote:
There is police brutality. People of color have been targeted by police. So thatís a large part of it and theyíre government officials. They are put in place by the government. So thatís something that this country has to change. Thereís things we can do to hold them more accountable. Make those standards higher. You have people that practice law and are lawyers and go to school for eight years, but you can become a cop in six months and donít have to have the same amount of training as a cosmetologist. Thatís insane. Someone thatís holding a curling iron has more education and more training than people that have a gun and are going out on the street to protect us

But hey, keep telling yourself that he's a man who hates America and everything it represents. Sounds to me like a man that wants it to be great for EVERYONE.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:11 PM   #115
swaiy
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Quote:
What's rampant is African Americans murdering other African Americans as well as whites.

African Americans only make up 13% of the population but are almost responsible for half of all homicides.

I'd say that's a much bigger problem.

And you had the gall to call me an idiot

Now tell me how much of that 13 percent is locked up for non-violent offenses then tell me how much of that 50% is bull****.

If you're going to post stats, be honest. First, cite where they came from. Secondly, learn basic math concepts like proportions. Third, hopefully you're able to do these things before the local library closes. I know goddamn well your rusted, burnt out TransAm has wifi.

Get bent.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:18 PM   #116
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Clearly? The whole country is racist? GTFOH with that nonsense. You couldn't pour piss out of a boot with directions on the bottom.
Who said "the whole country is racist" But yes, racism is still a huge problem in this country. Why is this such a controversial take?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:20 PM   #117
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Why wasn't he picked up right away if hes so good We clearly disagree which is fine will pressure from marshall get him a undeserved job we shall see..
What does this have to do with him getting picked up? He earned the right to be a pro in the league. He was good enough to be in the position to make a statement.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:21 PM   #118
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Rampant?

If you had to pick any era to live in as a black man you're not picking the current one? Seems to me Jim Crow eras were far worse and "rampant" than today.

MLB wouldn't allow blacks......segregation....how about slaves? that's rampant.

Racism today has tamed far more than of the past.
Just because it's better doesn't mean its still not here. We still have a ways to go, and I assume the only thing to will "fix" it is generational time.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:29 PM   #119
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Who said "the whole country is racist" But yes, racism is still a huge problem in this country. Why is this such a controversial take?
You did when you said the US is a racist country. Did I miss read that?
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:33 PM   #120
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
You did when you said the US is a racist country. Did I miss read that?
Perhaps I did. I do think its a racist country (i think thats diff than saying "the whole country is racist! as if every single person is). Obviously there are many degrees, its much better than it used to be, but we have a ways to go. I mean, we're still dealing with the effects of thousands of years of racism. I don't think that really goes away for generations.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:46 PM   #121
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Perhaps I did. I do think its a racist country (i think thats diff than saying "the whole country is racist! as if every single person is). Obviously there are many degrees, its much better than it used to be, but we have a ways to go. I mean, we're still dealing with the effects of thousands of years of racism. I don't think that really goes away for generations.
If it's thousands of years of racism then you would agree that it is not solely confined to the U.S. Then would you say it's a racist planet? Whom are you comparing us all to? Or can we admit that people in the US are confined by life experiences and decision-making and maybe race isn't as much as a factor as we think? We are becoming more and more a heterogeneous society, and the more that happens the same results will occur with regard to human interactions, but the perceptions of people (Which is really what we are talking about) will have changed.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:50 PM   #122
ILuvBroncos
Friend of Lelo Lang

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Griese

Quote:

Now tell me how much of that 13 percent is locked up for non-violent offenses then tell me how much of that 50% is bull****.

If you're going to post stats, be honest. First, cite where they came from. Secondly, learn basic math concepts like proportions. Third, hopefully you're able to do these things before the local library closes. I know goddamn well your rusted, burnt out TransAm has wifi.

Get bent.

This is why we can't have serious conversations about race and how to fix our problems because we have morons like you at the helm.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:50 PM   #123
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
If it's thousands of years of racism then you would agree that it is not solely confined to the U.S. Then would you say it's a racist planet? Whom are you comparing us all to? Or can we admit that people in the US are confined by life experiences and decision-making and maybe race isn't as much as a factor as we think? We are becoming more and more a heterogeneous society, and the more that happens the same results will occur with regard to human interactions, but the perceptions of people (Which is really what we are talking about) will have changed.
Yes, I would say we're a racist planet. And no, I don't think "race isn't as big of a factor as we think." I think we're still suffering from thousands of years of thinking a certain way. If the result of that thinking is racism, and racism is the symptom of a greater problem of evolutionary brain development, then perhaps. But, regardless, racism is racism and its pretty undeniable that its a problem.

This is why I think only generational time is the cure. Its so deeply ingrained in us, we have to evolve out of it. No conversation is going to fix a visceral problem.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:22 PM   #124
ILuvBroncos
Friend of Lelo Lang

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Griese

Quote:
Yes, I would say we're a racist planet. And no, I don't think "race isn't as big of a factor as we think." I think we're still suffering from thousands of years of thinking a certain way. If the result of that thinking is racism, and racism is the symptom of a greater problem of evolutionary brain development, then perhaps. But, regardless, racism is racism and its pretty undeniable that its a problem.

This is why I think only generational time is the cure. Its so deeply ingrained in us, we have to evolve out of it. No conversation is going to fix a visceral problem.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:22 PM   #125
tcash777
Solid Starter

Having National Pride Isn't Racist

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Get bent.
Oh ****....we got a winner here.
So you're blatantly and proudly racist.
You are miserable.
You live in fear.

I guess I just feel bad? You are trapped in your head w/ thoughts of the KKK marching outside your door.

FYI: Nobody knows you exist. Nobody cares about you. Stop thinking you are special enough for anyone to be racist against you. No whites care about you and yet you spend all your time being angry at every white person. I just feel bad. You will never really be alive.
tcash777 is offline   Reply With Quote