The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2017, 04:00 PM   #76
Bronx33
Douche Mod

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I'm not sure there's a real answer to the problem, unfortunately. I think time is all that will help.

I think kap threw an entire movement/message into the fire without direction without thinking about it long term cause hes young and stupid and rich and some followed suit ( and here we are ) some understand it somewhat and some see the vehicle he used to send it and disagree and I am one of them.

I don't think time will help cause kap ****ed up on day one.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:03 PM   #77
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
I think kap threw an entire movement/message into the fire without direction without thinking about it long term cause hes young and stupid and rich and some followed suit ( and here we are ) some understand it somewhat and some see the vehicle he used to send it and disagree and I am one of them.

I don't think time will help cause kap ****ed up on day one.
I mean only time will help racial issues.

I don't disagree with the protest and I think its a worthy issue. I think he made some mistakes in how he went about it, and didn't think it all through, but clearly he was angry. Also, as a white person who grew up with privilege (though not rich) I'm not pretending i know what it's like to be in a person of color's shoes. But from the many conversations I've had with friends of all different colors, I'm sympathetic to the anger.

In general, even if Kaep did the "perfect protest," it would still be met with resistance because people would call him "spoiled" as if everything in life was handed to him.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:03 PM   #78
Bronx33
Douche Mod

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
That it's a sign of respect from military to military personnel. Not from civilian to Military, unless you're the President. Certainly not from civilian to civilian.

so explain the milehigh salute what was its intention.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:04 PM   #79
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
I went to a non-ROTC military school for three years. None of us were in the military (our faculty officer were) at the time, and we saluted all day. If we walked across the circle where the flag was hoisted then we had to honor the colors (course we saluted cadet rank). Do you think that would change your grandfather's opinion? Or do you think he factored in something like that into his statements?
I suppose if you were in a military school, lead by faculty officers that were in the military, and they instructed you to salute, then that is an established norm or tradition for that institution. I know when it came to the anthem, or pledge of allegiance my hand was on my heart, and my Grandfather saluted, and to him that is the way it was going to be until I served.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:06 PM   #80
Bronx33
Douche Mod

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von

Quote:

I don't disagree with the protest and I think its a worthy issue. I think he made some mistakes in how he went about it, and didn't think it all through, but clearly he was angry. Also, as a white person who grew up with privilege (though not rich) I'm not pretending i know what it's like to be in a person of color's shoes. But from the many conversations I've had with friends of all different colors, I'm sympathetic to the anger.

In general, even if Kaep did the "perfect protest," it would still be met with resistance because people would call him "spoiled" as if everything in life was handed to him.

he was..how young you think he was when he started getting attention from the colleges and the NFL?
Old 09-28-2017, 04:07 PM   #81
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
he was..
I'm not going to pretend what it's like to be african american and live in a country that's clearly racist. Just because he makes money, that HE EARNED and worked for, doesn't mean he's "spoiled." Someone wrote a good article that basically was saying "Ungrateful is the new uppity" and I agree wholeheartedly with it.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...the-new-uppity
Old 09-28-2017, 04:08 PM   #82
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:

He lost a lot of people when he blatantly showed himself as a commie sympathizer. Defending Castro in a free country will always be looked down upon. His message was lost.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:10 PM   #83
LeftCoastBronco
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It's not a "Protest", It is a "Look at ME"...
LeftCoastBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:14 PM   #84
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
He lost a lot of people when he blatantly showed himself as a commie sympathizer. Defending Castro in a free country will always be looked down upon. His message was lost.
Nah, people got on his case before that. Again, this is just deflection from talking about an uncomfortable issue. And I agree, he's made fashion choices that haven't helped his cause, but considering tons of people in our country couldn't even name the Vice President, I don't they know much about Castro.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:18 PM   #85
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

The players are free to protest.

The fans are free to get offended and spend their money on something else.

The NFL is free to kill or protect its golden goose.

Freedom and free market working as designed.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:18 PM   #86
Bronx33
Douche Mod

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von

Quote:
I'm not going to pretend what it's like to be african american and live in a country that's clearly racist. Just because he makes money, that HE EARNED and worked for, doesn't mean he's "spoiled." Someone wrote a good article that basically was saying "Ungrateful is the new uppity" and I agree wholeheartedly with it.

Why wasn't he picked up right away if hes so good We clearly disagree which is fine will pressure from marshall get him a undeserved job we shall see..
Old 09-28-2017, 04:20 PM   #87
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:
So whats the next step? how do they point out these injustices against blacks what are the demands? that's where I think they made a mistake they pissed everybody off and lost the message cause they didn't have a plan.
The message is only lost on those who refuse to hear it. Their demands are that American citizens aren't targeted based on the color of their skin. Their demands are that people who kill people unjustifiably are held accountable regardless of their position. This isn't hard to figure out unless you're plain stupid or racist yourself.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:20 PM   #88
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:

Clearly? The whole country is racist? GTFOH with that nonsense. You couldn't pour piss out of a boot with directions on the bottom.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:21 PM   #89
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
The players are free to protest.

The fans are free to get offended and spend their money on something else.

The NFL is free to kill or protect its golden goose.

Freedom and free market working as designed.
Exactly true.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:21 PM   #90
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Ok racial profiling. I'm a cancer scientists that teaches at a local unversity as well. I can't tell you how many times I was told your to smart to be black, or get confused for a football player/coach, get followed at certain stores, or how many older women still clutch their purses when I walk by. Stuff like that happens on a daily basis and is not right. I didn't even get into police racial profiling because I can give you plenty.
Well, we now know that isn't true. OH sheat, I went there.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:22 PM   #91
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:
Clearly? The whole country is racist? GTFOH with that nonsense. You couldn't pour piss out of a boot with directions on the bottom.
That's fairly obtuse, don't you think, Garcia. That's as dumb as saying racism doesn't exist and that all cops take upholding the law seriously.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:24 PM   #92
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
I had this sort of discussion with one of my young female employees the other day around the topic of diversity in the workplace and females in the technology field. She said she felt she had to prove herself in a male-dominated field and I said, everybody, has to prove themselves in this business. How does one prove themselves to the old lady clutching her purse? It could be not enough exposure to the right people, it could be too much exposure to the wrong people.

The thing I do out in public is realize that I can't change people's perspective passing by them, but I can smile. The reason I smile is that when I was in college I got feedback from other black students that people don't smile at them. (Yes, I was the white dude in the Black Studies class) I am not saying smiling solves problems, it's just something that I do to put people at ease. Doesn't always work either.
Your right! No one is born hating someone. I always try to judge people by the contents of their character not the color of their skin.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:25 PM   #93
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
That's fairly obtuse, don't you think, Garcia. That's as dumb as saying racism doesn't exist and that all cops take upholding the law seriously.
I didn't say there weren't racist people, but we are a racist country? That's not even in the ballpark of being true. It's a perception that is trapped in that poster's head. It's an opinion.

There exist racist people, but not every person is a racist.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:25 PM   #94
Bronx33
Douche Mod

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von

Quote:
The message is only lost on those who refuse to hear it. Their demands are that American citizens aren't targeted based on the color of their skin. Their demands are that people who kill people unjustifiably are held accountable regardless of their position. This isn't hard to figure out unless you're plain stupid or racist yourself.
The message wasn't lost it was put forth incorrectly ( as we all can see) and thanks for calling me a racist it really helps your argument that's the chicken **** way out just so you know.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:34 PM   #95
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:
I didn't say there weren't racist people, but we are a racist country? That's not even in the ballpark of being true. It's a perception that is trapped in that poster's head. It's an opinion.

There exist racist people, but not every person is a racist.
Of course not. But to say it's not still rampant is dismissive at best.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:36 PM   #96
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:
The message wasn't lost it was put forth incorrectly ( as we all can see) and thanks for calling me a racist it really helps your argument that's the chicken **** way out just so you know.
So is dismissing the issue because you don't agree with the chosen avenue of protest.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:38 PM   #97
Bronx33
Douche Mod

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von

Quote:
So is dismissing the issue because you don't agree with the chosen avenue of protest.

Who the **** said dismiss it? but what you did dismiss was calling me a racist.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:38 PM   #98
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Of course not. But to say it's not still rampant is dismissive at best.

Rampant?

If you had to pick any era to live in as a black man you're not picking the current one? Seems to me Jim Crow eras were far worse and "rampant" than today.

MLB wouldn't allow blacks......segregation....how about slaves? that's rampant.

Racism today has tamed far more than of the past.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:38 PM   #99
ILuvBroncos
Friend of Lelo Lang

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Griese

First Derek Wolfe's comments now this.

I'm starting to not hate Denver

Good for them
ILuvBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:39 PM   #100
Strip Sacked
Peanut Smasher

You're dead to me Peanut.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
E. Sanders

In reality, I'm curious to see if the 'whole team' is actually in agreement to stand out this anthem. We'll see. I was pretty disappointed last Sunday. Although I'll defend their right to peaceful protest.
Strip Sacked is offline   Reply With Quote