The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2017, 02:37 PM   #51
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Hey broncoblood , I can guarantee you that this chick is over 18. Enjoy the video now.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 09-28-2017 at 02:39 PM..
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:41 PM   #52
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trevor Siemian!

Good. I might come back after the bye.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:53 PM   #53
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69bronco View Post
I guess they learned not to $hit where they eat.
You've very clearly missed why they're going to stand.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:54 PM   #54
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I'm tired of having this argument. Disrespecting the flag during a football game is a dumb way to enact change in the country, and was nothing like the Civil Rights movement. You just admitted, it was more about reacting to Trump than it was about black lives having meaning, and based on the responses, was heavily divisive. I would be surprised if racial violence improves at all because of this.

"We have to do this" is one of the problems with the world today.
Here's the difference in our opinion, and millions of others who see it like me: Its not a disrespect to the flag. And I think the protest against trump and how blacks are treated aren't mutually exclusive. The catalyst was trump this time around. I'll say it again. Protest is supposed to be uncomfortable. No one is going to protest in the comfort of their own home.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:55 PM   #55
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
They don't get it. He's got the press and the liberals chasing a lazer pointer in the carpet, and all they can say is "Look how quickly we tore the carpet up last time!"
I don't think he's doing it on purpose. I think he just can't help himself. If he's using it to distract from everything that's happening with Russia, the healthcare debacle, and whatever else, then he deserves more "credit" I suppose. I wouldn't say things are going swimmingly for him, so I don't think he's "winning" anything.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:02 PM   #56
Bronx33
Douche Mod

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Here's the difference in our opinion, and millions of others who see it like me: Its not a disrespect to the flag. And I think the protest against trump and how blacks are treated aren't mutually exclusive. The catalyst was trump this time around. I'll say it again. Protest is supposed to be uncomfortable. No one is going to protest in the comfort of their own home.
So whats the next step? how do they point out these injustices against blacks what are the demands? that's where I think they made a mistake they pissed everybody off and lost the message cause they didn't have a plan.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:10 PM   #57
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
So whats the next step? how do they point out these injustices against blacks what are the demands? that's where I think they made a mistake they pissed everybody off and lost the message cause they didn't have a plan.
If you're asking those questions than it worked. I think that's where dialog and conversations have to be held.

They want people to admit that the inequality is real and messed up. Now what can we do together to fix? It won't be perfect and they're crazies on both sides but how can the general public communicate and fix it.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:11 PM   #58
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
, isn't the Mile High Salute more disrespectful to those in uniform? But all are cool with that because the well-paid minorities are entertaining them by scoring TDs and not pointing out issues with society?
A salute is a sign of respect and not solely defined to use in the military. Thanks for playing.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:13 PM   #59
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Is that before or after how to grab them by the pu$$y class?
"Grab 'em by the p***Y class" is not in the curriculum.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:15 PM   #60
Bronx33
Douche Mod

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von

Quote:
If you're asking those questions than it worked. I think that's where dialog and conversations have to be held.

They want people to admit that the inequality is real and messed up. Now what can we do together to fix? It won't be perfect and they're crazies on both sides but how can the general public communicate and fix it.
So point one out.

Last edited by Bronx33; 09-28-2017 at 03:22 PM..
Old 09-28-2017, 03:26 PM   #61
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
So point one out.
Ok racial profiling. I'm a cancer scientists that teaches at a local unversity as well. I can't tell you how many times I was told your to smart to be black, or get confused for a football player/coach, get followed at certain stores, or how many older women still clutch their purses when I walk by. Stuff like that happens on a daily basis and is not right. I didn't even get into police racial profiling because I can give you plenty.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:29 PM   #62
Action

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69bronco View Post
I guess they learned not to $hit where they eat.
... do you have any slave owners in your blood line?

Or were you guys too poor?

Likely the latter.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:30 PM   #63
NoFlyZone
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy47 View Post
Funniest thing I have seen in some time
NoFlyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:30 PM   #64
Bronx33
Douche Mod

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von

Quote:
Ok racial profiling. I'm a cancer scientists that teaches at a local unversity as well. I can't tell you how many times I was told your to smart to be black, or get confused for a football player/coach, get followed at certain stores, or how many older women still clutch their purses when I walk by. Stuff like that happens on a daily basis and is not right. I didn't even get into police racial profiling because I can give you plenty.
Saying and proving are difficult we cant make accusations without facts and fix something without proof soooo back to what I was saying ( whats the next move ) and I think you're full of ****.

Last edited by Bronx33; 09-28-2017 at 03:39 PM..
Old 09-28-2017, 03:33 PM   #65
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
What do you want people to do? The old lady clutching her purse probably had or knows someone that was robbed. It's not personal per se. It's an animal responding to experience (natural). Further, what can be done to change that?

It doesn't even matter what the stimulus is...that old lady might feel the same way about any aesthetic dimesons of a bad experience. My advice is to not take it personally. I am bald. Can't grow hair on my head anymore (can sure as hell grow it everywhere else). So I shave my head. I've had people think I am a skinhead Nazi because of the look. WTF? But I don't take it personally (once I think about it) because I know I am not a skinhead Nazi and I don't care what that old lady thinks, and you shouldn't either. Point is...that anxiety I feel about it is all trapped in my head. Might be different for a black man, I don't know.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:46 PM   #66
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
What do you want people to do? The old lady clutching her purse probably had or knows someone that was robbed. It's not personal per se. It's an animal responding to experience (natural). Further, what can be done to change that?

It doesn't even matter what the stimulus is...that old lady might feel the same way about any aesthetic dimesons of a bad experience. My advice is to not take it personally. I am bald. Can't grow hair on my head anymore (can sure as hell grow it everywhere else). So I shave my head. I've had people think I am a skinhead Nazi because of the look. WTF? But I don't take it personally (once I think about it) because I know I am not a skinhead Nazi and I don't care what that old lady thinks, and you shouldn't either. Point is...that anxiety I feel about it is all trapped in my head. Might be different for a black man, I don't know.
I can respect for point of view and I used to think that but it's not always the case. You really can't understand it until you consistently go through it. I used to think that about old ladies until I realized it's always the same type of person (a person that is not exposed to different people). It's almost as if you're guilty until proven innocent.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:46 PM   #67
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

CJs mom and family will be in the stadium cheering for the Raiders to win.

Be upset about that.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:48 PM   #68
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

Quote:
A salute is a sign of respect and not solely defined to use in the military. Thanks for playing.
Not according to either of my WWII vet grandfathers.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:49 PM   #69
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I'm not sure there's a real answer to the problem, unfortunately. I think time is all that will help.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:51 PM   #70
Bronx33
Douche Mod

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von

Quote:

I would love to know what they thought it meant.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:52 PM   #71
wolf754life
MACHINE GUN KELLY

KELLY in 2018

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#KELLYREDEEMED!

It was not unanimous to all "Stand"

many players did not want to talk about in during interviews today.

Sounds Like Elway, Wolfe, Ellis really pushed this hard.

Division is in the lockeroom

bet the Raiders hard this Sunday

easy Money

Brandon Marshall politely declined to talk about it today.

Don't be surprised if some break ranks.
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:52 PM   #72
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

Quote:
I would love to know what they thought it meant.
That it's a sign of respect from military to military personnel. Not from civilian to Military, unless you're the President. Certainly not from civilian to civilian.

Last edited by BigPlayShay; 09-28-2017 at 03:54 PM..
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:53 PM   #73
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Bald profiling. Never change, man.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:56 PM   #74
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
I can respect for point of view and I used to think that but it's not always the case. You really can't understand it until you consistently go through it. I used to think that about old ladies until I realized it's always the same type of person (a person that is not exposed to different people). It's almost as if you're guilty until proven innocent.
I had this sort of discussion with one of my young female employees the other day around the topic of diversity in the workplace and females in the technology field. She said she felt she had to prove herself in a male-dominated field and I said, everybody, has to prove themselves in this business. How does one prove themselves to the old lady clutching her purse? It could be not enough exposure to the right people, it could be too much exposure to the wrong people.

The thing I do out in public is realize that I can't change people's perspective passing by them, but I can smile. The reason I smile is that when I was in college I got feedback from other black students that people don't smile at them. (Yes, I was the white dude in the Black Studies class) I am not saying smiling solves problems, it's just something that I do to put people at ease. Doesn't always work either.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:59 PM   #75
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
I went to a non-ROTC military school for three years. None of us were in the military (our faculty officer were) at the time, and we saluted all day. If we walked across the circle where the flag was hoisted then we had to honor the colors (course we saluted cadet rank). Do you think that would change your grandfather's opinion? Or do you think he factored in something like that into his statements?