The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2017, 01:04 PM   #1
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler
 
Tonyels's Avatar
 
I'm your Huckleberry

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 4,024

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU
Default Broncos standing together Sunday

Love it. Great decision. End it with a mile high salute!!!
Tonyels is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2017, 01:06 PM   #2
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyels View Post
Love it. Great decision. End it with a mile high salute!!!
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:06 PM   #3
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 7,229

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Yes so much this
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:23 PM   #4
Pontius Pirate
I made a bad call Ripley
 
Pontius Pirate's Avatar
 
Easy Easy Kill Kill Lane Lane

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 8,042
Default

Love it when capitalism squashes civil protests.

I think the next logical step will be to send all the players to patriotism conditioning training.

Make them watch Saving Private Ryan for 24 hours straight then line them up and have them salute the flag until they pass out.
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:24 PM   #5
Tonyels
Undrafted pro bowler
 
Tonyels's Avatar
 
I'm your Huckleberry

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 4,024

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWolfe DEFWU
Default

My fav all time end zone celebration
Tonyels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:27 PM   #6
maven
#happy
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,627
Default

Getting real tired of all this patriotism and sports associated together.

I remember back a few years when this all started, was wondering why there was so much.

Makes sense since the gov't was issuing checks for sporting events
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:33 PM   #7
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 53,083

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate View Post
Love it when capitalism squashes civil protests.

I think the next logical step will be to send all the players to patriotism conditioning training.

Make them watch Saving Private Ryan for 24 hours straight then line them up and have them salute the flag until they pass out.
How about if we just send them to don't drive drunk and beat your wife class?
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:34 PM   #8
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 32,996

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Getting real tired of all this patriotism and sports associated together.

I remember back a few years when this all started, was wondering why there was so much.

Makes sense since the gov't was issuing checks for sporting events


Not sure about you, but right after sept 11 I attended a couple sporting events, cried while reciting the anthem before those games.

Was an absolute incredible feeling of everyone standing for something. People want to talk unity? Go watch those sporting events before they started. Can't be matched.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:34 PM   #9
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Getting real tired of all this patriotism and sports associated together.

I remember back a few years when this all started, was wondering why there was so much.

Makes sense since the gov't was issuing checks for sporting events
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:36 PM   #10
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Not sure about you, but right after sept 11 I attended a couple sporting events, cried while reciting the anthem before those games.

Was an absolute incredible feeling of everyone standing for something. People want to talk unity? Go watch those sporting events before they started. Can't be matched.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:36 PM   #11
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
Run the rock . Get the ring.

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 9,335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Rep ... I bet iv posted that gif at list 25 times lol
never gets old.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:37 PM   #12
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
Rep ... I bet iv posted that gif at list 25 times lol
never gets old.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:39 PM   #13
maven
#happy
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Not sure about you, but right after sept 11 I attended a couple sporting events, cried while reciting the anthem before those games.

Was an absolute incredible feeling of everyone standing for something. People want to talk unity? Go watch those sporting events before they started. Can't be matched.
I remember attending games shortly after. Good times(not for what happened)


Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Miikey likes it!
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:46 PM   #14
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 32,996

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post


I had this chick on my adopt a Bronco for a year.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:47 PM   #15
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
Run the rock . Get the ring.

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 9,335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I had this chick on my adopt a Bronco for a year.

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:54 PM   #16
69bronco
Ring of Famer
 
69bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In your head
Posts: 6,490
Default

I guess they learned not to $hit where they eat.
69bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:03 PM   #17
PRBronco
Top professional.
 
PRBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,675

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Courage Wolfe
Default

jaycutlerdontcare.jpeg
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:05 PM   #18
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 54,785

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Keep fighting for better lives for minorities, but do so in meaningful ways. Angering people we need to help us make real change in the country by offending their pieces of colored cloth is less effective to the over-arching goal.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:17 PM   #19
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer
 
SleepingTiger's Avatar
 
Ole J

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lucas TX
Posts: 3,604

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles
Default

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/broncos...185706194.html


The statement is quite good.I can agree to this. We need to stand together to fight social injustice.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:18 PM   #20
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Keep fighting for better lives for minorities, but do so in meaningful ways. Angering people we need to help us make real change in the country by offending their pieces of colored cloth is less effective to the over-arching goal.
But you have to do these sorts of things. The 1963 Civil Rights March pissed A LOT of people off. If you look back at the polling numbers, people thought it was a waste, divisive, all that. History proved them wrong. The climate is different this time around, but protests are designed to make people uncomfortable. No one is protesting the military, or the troops, thats silly.

I think, no matter what the protest is, people will be pissed off.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:24 PM   #21
tcash777
Solid Starter
 
tcash777's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 240
Default

Was there for this. It was an incredible sight and an awesome feeling of America and unity:




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGz87xSBpyI
tcash777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:25 PM   #22
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,875

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
But you have to do these sorts of things. The 1963 Civil Rights March pissed A LOT of people off. If you look back at the polling numbers, people thought it was a waste, divisive, all that. History proved them wrong. The climate is different this time around, but protests are designed to make people uncomfortable. No one is protesting the military, or the troops, thats silly.

I think, no matter what the protest is, people will be pissed off.
Amen to that!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:25 PM   #23
Fitzy47
Ring of Famer
 
Fitzy47's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,173

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sua Cravens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
But you have to do these sorts of things. The 1963 Civil Rights March pissed A LOT of people off. If you look back at the polling numbers, people thought it was a waste, divisive, all that. History proved them wrong. The climate is different this time around, but protests are designed to make people uncomfortable. No one is protesting the military, or the troops, thats silly.

I think, no matter what the protest is, people will be pissed off.
The problem is *a lot* of people hold the view that it is, otherwise you wouldn't need to clarify. Therefore the message is lost in people's anger.
Fitzy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:25 PM   #24
tcash777
Solid Starter
 
tcash777's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 240
Default

GO BRONCOS! BACK TO ****ING FOOTBALL!!

Hopefully Trump doesn't respond and say something stupid (regardless of his opinion) and even if he does, hopefully our players can stay focused on football only.
tcash777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:29 PM   #25
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Due west

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,037

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr
Default

DAMNIT!!!! I'm only 2,000 out on the season ticket waiting list. Can't you guys just kneel a little longer and piss people off some more so my name finally comes up!?!?!

All kidding aside, very nice statement.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Denver Broncos