The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2014, 09:08 AM   #51
go_broncos
Fire Vance Joseph

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

**** you fox..i am glad Champ is gone..he is not a leader
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:14 AM   #52
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:29 AM   #53
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brendan Langley

I think the defense was severely lacking leaders for sure. Going into the season we would have said Champ, Ww, and Von were the leaders. Von got popped and lied to the team/FO about his drug use, that knocked him out 6 games and killed his credibility. Champ got hurt and is one of the most soft spoken dudes in the league. Finally WW got benched half-way through the season cutting his captain nuts off. We effectively had zero defensive leadership by the end of the year. I think JDR tried to get Trevathan plugged in as the guy but that takes time. Adding Ward and Ware definitely adds leadership and with Talib, we'll have a lot more attitude on the field as well.

Last edited by bpc; 03-17-2014 at 12:05 PM..
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:32 AM   #54
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

FEAR THE FRO Lindsay

Champ is a leader but, a quiet one. Denver needs a vocal leader big time.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:50 AM   #55
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Champ is a leader but, a quiet one. Denver needs a vocal leader big time.
Ware, Talib, Ward.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:58 AM   #56
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I'm calling total BS. The rah rah stuff is there for like the first few plays and then it's about focusing on your job. They just made more plays is the bottom line and we made too many mistakes.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:29 AM   #57
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Yeah it was champ's fault, clearly.
I admire champ, buy lets not pretend that's not who he is referencing.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:07 PM   #58
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I'm calling total BS. The rah rah stuff is there for like the first few plays and then it's about focusing on your job. They just made more plays is the bottom line and we made too many mistakes.
Have you seen the Seahawks play?

The rah rah stuff is there all game with that team. They have a fun, energetic, and less formal culture. Their coach encourages it.

The Broncos, on the other hand, are all about business and formality... maybe not to the extreme like the Patriots, but the next level down.

Hell, my work life is a perfect example. I worked at DISH Network's corporate office and it was all business. You came to work to do your job. End of story. Each day was just another day.

Now I work at BuzzFeed's headquarters. It's fun and the company does everything it can to make employees love coming to work. Like Google, it is very "rah rah" here.

If we went to war with the employees at DISH Network, we would kick their asses.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:11 PM   #59
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brendan Langley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
They did make more plays but you need leadership when crap goes south and we didn't. You need somebody who can stem the tide when things are not going right. You need clutch, tempo setters. We didn't have that last year especially on defense. You could argue Seattle had that on every level of defense parading on down from Carroll.

Look back at our championship years... we were swelled with vocal types on our defense. They weren't the greatest defense but there was a certain amount of accountability required and if you didn't pull you're weight, they'd go upside your head. See Neil Smith, Alfred Williams, Keith Traylor, Bill Romonowski, Allen Aldridge, Ray Crockett, Tyrone Braxton, Steve Atwater among others. I don't care what anybody says, leadership, especially vocally matters.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #60
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
Have you seen the Seahawks play?

The rah rah stuff is there all game with that team. They have a fun, energetic, and less formal culture. Their coach encourages it.

The Broncos, on the other hand, are all about business and formality... maybe not to the extreme like the Patriots, but the next level down.

Hell, my work life is a perfect example. I worked at DISH Network's corporate office and it was all business. You came to work to do your job. End of story. Each day was just another day.

Now I work at BuzzFeed's headquarters. It's fun and the company does everything it can to make employees love coming to work. Like Google, it is very "rah rah" here.

If we went to war with the employees at DISH Network, we would kick their asses.
Pro Football can't be compared to a corporate office. There's always some degree of rah rah going on in football and I seriously doubt we didn't have ANY of that going on what so ever. You always have guys on the sidelines talking to one another saying things like "let's get that MF'er" "step it" "do your thing bro" on and on and on. If it were a case where every team that had more rah rah won every time, you would have an argument. Don't even know how one could create a scale of how much rah rah one team had vs another. I think we're dealing with a very primitive emotional observation folks and it's getting the best of some of you. I can promise you, the players of the Broncos "love" going to work. They were excited to be in the Superbowl. We lost because, 1) we had plenty of injured starters not even playing in the game 2) mistakes were made that had NOTHING to do with how much rah rah was going on. So you're saying that if Ramirez would have thumped his chest 4 times before hiking the ball on the first play, it would have resulted in a perfect snap instead of the floater? Cmon now, let's all be smarter then that.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:32 PM   #61
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

I am with Zona here.

rah rah stuff is overrated. Their players being 100% healthy and taking advantage of our mistakes and "knowing our plays" had more to do with our team being shut down.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:08 PM   #62
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Ware, Talib, Ward.
I've read that Talib is a vocal player, but not the other two. I specifically read that Ware is more of a "lead by example" type.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #63
Fitzy47
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sua Cravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I've read that Talib is a vocal player, but not the other two. I specifically read that Ware is more of a "lead by example" type.
I think in TJ's press conference, a reporter alluded to the fact that TJ is known as a trash talker on the field. It's kind of funny because TJ was really soft spoken in all of the interviews. I guess he is just one of those guys that leaves it all out on the field, and turns into a beast on game day. I can respect that.

As for Ware, I agree. I think he's a "lead by example" type of guy.
Fitzy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #64
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy47 View Post
...a reporter alluded to the fact that TJ is known as a trash talker on the field...
Good to hear, this team needs some more attitude. He and Talib should help in this regard.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:55 PM   #65
Bronco Yoda

Not saying it would have made all that much difference... but it sure was hard watching the deflated mood on our sideline pretty early on. The body language told it all. We had zero leadership. Even PFM was moping on the bench staring off into space.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:08 AM   #66
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
How in hell can you not get fired up for the Super Bowl?
Right?

Seattle matched up very well against the Broncos. We saw it in pre-season and post-season.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:37 AM   #67
go_broncos
Fire Vance Joseph

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Champ is not a leader..that's a fact.In fact, we don't any leaders on defense last year..i want players like sherman..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:47 AM   #68
Castinkas
Boom goes the dynamite

Game Manager

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt

The teams problem is and has been for awhile, when they get punched in the mouth they don't punch back. When games started to slip or there was a little adversity the broncos would fold under the pressure. Started with the Ravens game 2 years ago. Now I hold my breath when the broncos are up 24-0 at halftime....This team needs a killer instinct... Seattle is not 35 points better than us healthy or not. Mentally soft. Hopefully John has addressed some of the issues with free agency and will address the other needs with the draft.
Castinkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:33 AM   #69
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post
I admire champ, buy lets not pretend that's not who he is referencing.
Why do we care what a player that quit on a team prior to joining the Broncos thinks? We're supposed to pretend that Mincey is an expert on locker room leadership now?

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:16 PM   #70
Maleficent
Fake ❤️

Maleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:04 PM   #71
orinjkrush

New Coaches O-D-HC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mcmanus

This is why the stupid bowl was lost. The Offense was OFFENSIVE. No heart. The D hung in for a half.

orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:13 PM   #72
wolf754life
HORSE FACE GM

THE GHOST of HORSEFACE GM

THIS TEAM IS STILL LACKADAISICAL.....
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:17 PM   #73
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None