The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2018, 10:09 PM   #1
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
"No Fate"

"Come with me if you want to live."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Top 10 Greatest Denver Broncos of All-Time

Their list:
10.) Von Miller
9.) Karl Mecklenberg
8.) Randy Gradishar
7.) Rod Smith
6.) Steve Atwater
5.) Peyton Manning
4.) Champ Bailey
3.) Shannon Sharpe
2.) Terrell Davis
1.) John Elway

My List:
10.) Champ Bailey: Not an original Bronco. He gets this place after a long and distinguished career as a Bronco. I wish the Broncos could have been good enough to help him get a ring to go along with his name.

9.) Tom Jackson: The first voice for Broncos fans when he yell: "It all over fat man!" at Madden when the Broncos beat the faiders in the playoffs to get to the Superbowl for the first time.

8.) Karl Mecklenberg: The "Albino Rhino". Best defender of my Broncos childhood. Played everywhere! OLB, ILB, and DE. I still wish someone would wear 77 on defense somewhere!

7.) Randy Gradishar: WTF, hall of fame! The guy was destroying people in the 70's and you can't take your heads out of your butts long enough to see this!

6.) Rod Smith: Another Hall of Fame snub. Rob was good with Elway, Griese, Plummer and Cutler! Year in, year out he was there! He has the rings. He has numbers. Wake the EFFF UP Hall of fame!

5.) Steve Atwater: People forget he was there helping the team get to the SuperBowl against the 49ers as a rookie. If Terrell Davis doesn't get the MVP of Superbowl 32, Atwater was going to win that award for the Broncos. In Superbowl 32 Atwater was all over the Packers in that game. Another HOF snub.

4.) Von Miller: Von almost single handedly won Super Bowl 50 for the Broncos. In his short time as a Bronco he has set the NFL on fire....and Pats dreams of Super Bowls to ashes. I really hope that he'll be a Bronco for life. I don't ever want him to wear another uniform. In the Cap era that almost impossible. But I'll cherish every game he plays for the Broncos.

3.) Shannon Sharpe: Mouth of the south. Some of the best trash talking I've heard from a man that could actually back it up. To this day My favorite game was when he got Derrick Thomas to pull him by the face mask and draw a Personal Foul. lol

2.) Terrell Davis: Every Bronco has already said that Broncos don't win those Super Bowls without TD. 2000 yard rusher. What can be said that hasn't been said already.

1.) John Elway: Elway can reasonably be argued that he put an entire city on the map. John Madden said himself when he said that Elway was a "One man gang". With all due respect to Vance Johnson and Sammy Winder, but they were barely top 5 talent in their era. I'm glad that Elway didn't retire after Super Bowl 32. It wasn't a good performance for a Super Bowl winning team. Retiring after Super Bowl 33 was the cherry on top of a great career.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2018, 06:06 AM   #2
SVine
Ring of Famer

Broncos 2017!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Interesting you submitted Tom Jackson for Peyton Manning. Although Peyton arguably had the best statistical single season in NFL history in a Broncos uniform (along with a couple of other really good seasons), Peyton Manning's career was mostly a Colt, and will probably be remembered more of a Colt than a Bronco.

I have no problem with it.
SVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:03 AM   #3
Guess Who
Ring of Famer

Floyd Little should be on the list... he is in the HOF. Little is ahead of Rod Smith
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:10 AM   #4
jmz313
Ring of Famer

I dunno....

What about Wesley Duke? GATES 2.0.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:32 AM   #5
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

Peyton has to be in. I know it was short, but he took the Broncos to two super bowls, won 1 and has a **** ton of records not to mention the best season ever for a QB. He had a huge impact on the Broncos in his short time.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:35 AM   #6
The.Underdog
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

What about Bradley Chubb
The.Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:46 AM   #7
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

The list has to be reordered based on recent achievement. Super Bowls and all

Elway, Davis, Miller, and Manning have to be in the top 5 for sure, and the top 10 may or may not include Champ Bailey.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:09 AM   #8
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Peyton's gotta be there and, regarding someone's comment above, I think history will remember him as both a Bronco and Colt because his time with the Broncos was so productive and memorable.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:19 AM   #9
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Peyton's gotta be there and, regarding someone's comment above, I think history will remember him as both a Bronco and Colt because his time with the Broncos was so productive and memorable.
The Bronco Peyton will always be what is remembered most. The Colts were a bad girl friend.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:53 AM   #10
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
Peyton has to be in. I know it was short, but he took the Broncos to two super bowls, won 1 and has a **** ton of records not to mention the best season ever for a QB. He had a huge impact on the Broncos in his short time.
Peyton took the Broncos to 1 Super Bowl and lost it. The Broncos defense took Peyton to the other Super Bowl and won it. They even carried him on the bench during the most important regular season games to lock down homefield advantage.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:09 PM   #11
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
"No Fate"

"Come with me if you want to live."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Floyd Little should be on the list... he is in the HOF. Little is ahead of Rod Smith
Your right. I saw this video and it got me fired up. Little was before my time so I forget about him too often.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:23 PM   #12
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Peyton took the Broncos to 1 Super Bowl and lost it. The Broncos defense took Peyton to the other Super Bowl and won it. They even carried him on the bench during the most important regular season games to lock down homefield advantage.
Which is why I think its crazy to have Von Miller so low on the list. He is a superbowl MVP. One of 3 on the team. I'd put him above Manning, who had 2-3 good seasons for the Broncos, and happened to be the bad QB playing when they won the superbowl.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:29 PM   #13
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
That four year run, the second best in team history, was built on Peyton's back.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:37 PM   #14
Guess Who
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Your right. I saw this video and it got me fired up. Little was before my time so I forget about him too often.
Floyd at the time of his retirement he was the 7th leading rusher in the NFL. The previous 6 were in the HOF long before he ever sniffed it.

He was the first 1st round pick to sign with Denver and he led the Broncos from laughing stock to respectability.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:42 PM   #15
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
That's what I immediately noticed.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:31 AM   #16
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
That four year run, the second best in team history, was built on Peyton's back.
Iíll just never really think of him as a Bronco.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:33 AM   #17
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
The list has to be reordered based on recent achievement. Super Bowls and all

Elway, Davis, Miller, and Manning have to be in the top 5 for sure, and the top 10 may or may not include Champ Bailey.
Bailey is arguably the best corner ever, so this is a pretty dumb take.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:01 AM   #18
Johnny Football
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Peyton Manning should be higher, in my opinion he is second only to John Elway. He may not have had the long-term Broncos career, or be as popular as other fan favourite Broncos, but his impact on this franchise has been second to only John Elway, while he was here he was top 3 at his position, and without Manning, Denver would still be searching for relevance for the first time since 97-98, Manning brought us that.

Also Champ Bailey was great, he is one of my all-time favourites, and although he was always stuck playing with bad teams, bad coaches, and struggling defenses, he was always top 3 at his position while he was a Bronco, except for probably his last 2 and a half years here. But Von Miller has been a top 3 player at his position for 7 years here now in my opinion, and I think the fact he was the Superbowl MVP, and has a Superbowl ring, I would say he is a greater Broncos then Champ Bailey.
Johnny Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:47 AM   #19
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Football View Post
Peyton Manning should be higher, in my opinion he is second only to John Elway. He may not have had the long-term Broncos career, or be as popular as other fan favourite Broncos, but his impact on this franchise has been second to only John Elway, while he was here he was top 3 at his position, and without Manning, Denver would still be searching for relevance for the first time since 97-98, Manning brought us that.

Also Champ Bailey was great, he is one of my all-time favourites, and although he was always stuck playing with bad teams, bad coaches, and struggling defenses, he was always top 3 at his position while he was a Bronco, except for probably his last 2 and a half years here. But Von Miller has been a top 3 player at his position for 7 years here now in my opinion, and I think the fact he was the Superbowl MVP, and has a Superbowl ring, I would say he is a greater Broncos then Champ Bailey.
Anyone who would put Manning over TD should have their Bronco fan card revoked. Seriously.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:58 AM   #20
Johnny Football
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Anyone who would put Manning over TD should have their Bronco fan card revoked. Seriously.
Terrell Davis had 3 monster seasons, was integral to the teams dominance in 97-98, broke multiple records, was a dominant player, arguably the best at his position over a 3 year period, the best playoff running back of all-time, I can see your argument here.

However, I see the overall impact Peyton Manning had on the Broncos organisation as a whole while doing it from the most important position in football as greater. Manning dragged us out of the dark place the McDaniels era left us in, he went on too also dominate as a Bronco over the next 3 seasons, was a top 3 player over that span, went on to also break multiple records, and he restored respect, relevance, and pride back into the Broncos jersey.

I think it is a fair argument when you look at in an unbiased manner, too each their own though.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:06 AM   #21
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Football View Post
Terrell Davis had 3 monster seasons, was integral to the teams dominance in 97-98, broke multiple records, was a dominant player, arguably the best at his position over a 3 year period, the best playoff running back of all-time, I can see your argument here.

However, I see the overall impact Peyton Manning had on the Broncos organisation as a whole while doing it from the most important position in football as greater. Manning dragged us out of the dark place the McDaniels era left us in, he went on too also dominate as a Bronco over the next 3 seasons, was a top 3 player over that span, went on to also break multiple records, and he restored respect, relevance, and pride back into the Broncos jersey.

I think it is a fair argument when you look at in an unbiased manner, too each their own though.
Not to offend, but were you a Bronco fan BEFORE the TD years? We were the Bills before TD came to us in 1995. He lifted us from being that team with Elway on it that can't get it done. Mannings years were super fun, but he wasn't even the driver in his Championship season for us. TD was the central figure in the single best seasons of this Franchises career.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 06:09 AM   #22
Johnny Football
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Not to offend, but were you a Bronco fan BEFORE the TD years? We were the Bills before TD came to us in 1995. He lifted us from being that team with Elway on it that can't get it done. Mannings years were super fun, but he wasn't even the driver in his Championship season for us. TD was the central figure in the single best seasons of this Franchises career.
No offense taken, and I can't disagree or argue with anything you are saying here. I can see people pushing TD ahead of Manning, its valid, I just look at it differently and think the arguments are valid on both sides. I don't think it is as ludicrous as Agamennon made my post out to be initially.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:45 AM   #23
qbronco
Lifelong Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

Any top ten Broncos list without mention of Floyd Little is not credible.
qbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:29 PM   #24
chanesaw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

10. Little
9. Gradishar (I never saw either of them play, but they were what was great before I was a fan, so I have to give them their due props)
8. Tom Nalen
7. Mecklenburg
6. Atwater
5. Rod Smith
4. Champ
3. Sharpe
2. Davis
1. Elway

Notables omitted on my list:
Manning- everyone still thinks of him as a Colt, even though you could argue he had better seasons (team support) here. Same with Zimmerman
Al Wilson- loved that guy, but some hard decisions had to be made.
Tom Jackson- only watched him play one season
Von Miller- will probably be in the top five before it's over, but not yet.
Mike Anderson- not an all-time great, but certainly one of my favorites
Dennis Smith- basically Atwater before Atwater. For a few years those two played together and destroyed people.
chanesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:31 PM   #25
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Iíll just never really think of him as a Bronco.
That's some weird issue you have though.