The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2017, 05:15 PM   #1
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer
 
ShaneFalco's Avatar
 
TeamSwag

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 15,454

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly
Default Shanahan on Undisputed



Basically says play calling is a huge problem with Denvers offense.

40 pass attempts while running 20 times will not work.

Last edited by ShaneFalco; 11-10-2017 at 05:18 PM..
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2017, 05:20 PM   #2
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 16,165

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Fire McCoy!
He's been the problem all along
Stink has said it, and now Shanny has said it...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:28 PM   #3
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer
 
ShaneFalco's Avatar
 
TeamSwag

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 15,454

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly
Default

i like the part he brought up about Joe Montana in the superbowls they won.

Even the 49ers tried to limit Joe from throwing more then 30 times.


I wish Mike was more involved with the broncos organization today. I dont care about his stint in Washington, the guy knows that running mentality still matters.
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:32 PM   #4
TheLegendReturns
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 330

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I posted our snap counts in another thread saying 3 receiver sets were a huge problem and we run them way too often when that is not a strength of our team at all...

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...nap-counts.htm

Basically we are running 3 receiver sets almost 75% of the time. This is ridiculous... Bennie Fowler with 322 freaking snaps for his production and what that means for our run game is ridiculous. Janovich has 71 snaps. We are selling out our run game trying to be something we aren't.

McCoy was running his mouth all training camp about wanting to run up the score every game... it's all about his ego to the detriment to our team... just like Kubiak last season. So sick of this sh*t.
TheLegendReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:34 PM   #5
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 16,165

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Any time you can run the ball in the National Football League good things usually happen
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:36 PM   #6
Enter The Dragon
Still Not A Playa
 
Enter The Dragon's Avatar
 
Football Jesus

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 2,647

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shane MF Ray!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
i like the part he brought up about Joe Montana in the superbowls they won.

Even the 49ers tried to limit Joe from throwing more then 30 times.


I wish Mike was more involved with the broncos organization today. I dont care about his stint in Washington, the guy knows that running mentality still matters.
Mike would have been more involved, had we hired Kyle.

Enter The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:38 PM   #7
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,718

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

In a nutshell our coaching is the problem.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:48 PM   #8
bfallona
Seasoned Veteran
 
bfallona's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 265

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
i like the part he brought up about Joe Montana in the superbowls they won.

Even the 49ers tried to limit Joe from throwing more then 30 times.


I wish Mike was more involved with the broncos organization today. I dont care about his stint in Washington, the guy knows that running mentality still matters.
Yep here we have both Mike & Peyton sitting around & I am sure would love to be involved. You can hear it in Mike's passion. But will John be willing to ask? While things change in the NFL , they don't change that much.
bfallona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:48 PM   #9
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 
Since 1986

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 19,648
Default

#BringBackMike
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:53 PM   #10
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer
 
ShaneFalco's Avatar
 
TeamSwag

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 15,454

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly
Default

you should see the full episode. Mike says he blames himself for not reaching RG3. He wanted him to use read option until he developed the dropback game.

They talk about Cousins as well.

Mike has a wealth of knowledge about the game. I cant believe he is not in football somewhere.

ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:55 PM   #11
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 18,022
Default

I've always been a Shanahan fan. While I didn't like that he was fired, it was understandable.

He's right. Run the damn ball. I just don't see why a team with terrible QBs would pass the ball so much. The running game has had some level of success at times this year. The passing game hasn't had any success.

Even if they are seeing 8-9 guys in the box, run the ball anyways. Passing has failed, so why do it? Running the ball and playing great defense is a formula that still wins in the NFL. Any team that doesn't have a legit QB (that's like half the league) shouldn't be passing it 40 times. Forget the new rules that emphasize passing. Run the damn ball. The Broncos don't have the talent at QB to take advantage of these new rules.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:10 PM   #12
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 9,969

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Wtf... people we were leading the league in running at a point.

Play calling changes when you fall behind multiple scores.

During the eagles game I believe starting on 3rd or 4th series, eagles defense knew the run plays they started to get TFL on running plays.

Are you idiots watching the game?

Mike probably just checked the box score and was told to make some comments.

You think he’s out here watching Broncos games with his bank account LMAO

Nobody seems to be capable of thinking for themselves.

Trump is president though...
Action is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:11 PM   #13
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 9,969

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

What happens when you run 40 times and throw 20 times and still lose by multiple scores?

How does THAT look?

Average ass minded people.
Action is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:13 PM   #14
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 9,969

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Not saying the play calling isn’t an issue but to break down to something as basic as, we need to run more!! Is ****ing stupid when we’ve already established that identity since the beginning of the season.

VJ said for Siemian to be his best the run game has to work. And he said we are a Run first PA team.

****s not working, McCoys plays/play calling isn’t that good... and mix in the ****ty OL.
Action is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:14 PM   #15
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
3-13 please

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 11,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
i like the part he brought up about Joe Montana in the superbowls they won.

Even the 49ers tried to limit Joe from throwing more then 30 times.


I wish Mike was more involved with the broncos organization today. I dont care about his stint in Washington, the guy knows that running mentality still matters.
All for it get a stud runner to help with the load. We don't have one.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:14 PM   #16
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 9,969

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendReturns View Post
I posted our snap counts in another thread saying 3 receiver sets were a huge problem and we run them way too often when that is not a strength of our team at all...

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...nap-counts.htm

Basically we are running 3 receiver sets almost 75% of the time. This is ridiculous... Bennie Fowler with 322 freaking snaps for his production and what that means for our run game is ridiculous. Janovich has 71 snaps. We are selling out our run game trying to be something we aren't.

McCoy was running his mouth all training camp about wanting to run up the score every game... it's all about his ego to the detriment to our team... just like Kubiak last season. So sick of this sh*t.
Dude - youíre still running with this stupidity.

Please explain to the forum how you calculate we are running 3 WR sets 75% of the time.
Action is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:25 PM   #17
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 18,035

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
I've always been a Shanahan fan. While I didn't like that he was fired, it was understandable.

He's right. Run the damn ball. I just don't see why a team with terrible QBs would pass the ball so much. The running game has had some level of success at times this year. The passing game hasn't had any success.

Even if they are seeing 8-9 guys in the box, run the ball anyways. Passing has failed, so why do it? Running the ball and playing great defense is a formula that still wins in the NFL. Any team that doesn't have a legit QB (that's like half the league) shouldn't be passing it 40 times. Forget the new rules that emphasize passing. Run the damn ball. The Broncos don't have the talent at QB to take advantage of these new rules.
I still love Mike Shanahan. I'd take him as head coach next year, if I could. During his first three years in his stint as head coach here, I felt he was two steps ahead of the rest of the league. We had so much swagger those first three years!

Obviously, some of that was #7 and #30. And some of it was Alex Gibbs. But Shanahan was the maestro.

He really pissed me off with his loyalty to Slowik, though. The defense, during Shanahan's last season here, made me as angry as I've ever gotten, watching sports.

Slowik must have had pictures of Shanahan copulating with sheep. Or maybe children. Or children and sheep. It was something like that. There is no other explanation as to why an otherwise brilliant man would keep making such an ignorant choice.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:51 PM   #18
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 26,961
Default

This fanbase has a serious nostalgia problem. Member berries addicted mofos.



We all need to let Shanahan and co go...



Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:57 PM   #19
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 14,215

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
What happens when you run 40 times and throw 20 times and still lose by multiple scores?

How does THAT look?

Average ass minded people.
That wouldn't happen. If you knew anything about the game you would realize your scenerio doesn't add up.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:58 PM   #20
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 14,215

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I still love Mike Shanahan. I'd take him as head coach next year, if I could. During his first three years in his stint as head coach here, I felt he was two steps ahead of the rest of the league. We had so much swagger those first three years!

Obviously, some of that was #7 and #30. And some of it was Alex Gibbs. But Shanahan was the maestro.

He really pissed me off with his loyalty to Slowik, though. The defense, during Shanahan's last season here, made me as angry as I've ever gotten, watching sports.

Slowik must have had pictures of Shanahan copulating with sheep. Or maybe children. Or children and sheep. It was something like that. There is no other explanation as to why an otherwise brilliant man would keep making such an ignorant choice.
No Slowik and Shanny are best friends. That is one fault of Kubiak and Mike is too loyal to bad coaches.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:02 PM   #21
TheLegendReturns
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 330

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Dude - youíre still running with this stupidity.

Please explain to the forum how you calculate we are running 3 WR sets 75% of the time.
Oh wow.. Action being a cranky holier than thou loser again. Who would of thought?

It's pretty freaking simple jackazz...

Take our TE's for example and their percentages of total offensive snaps : Virgil Green is at 50%, A.J. Derby at 48%, Heurman is at 26% = 124% of the snaps for all our TE's total = we are only running 2 TE sets roughly 24% of the time assuming their is usually 1 TE on the field. There could be small variations I suppose... but this is pretty damn close. I don't recall ever seeing us run formations with no TE's and if we do you could count it on one hand.

All our RB's (including Janovich) = 110% of the total snaps which roughly translates to 1 RB on the field most of the time.

Now look at our total WR snap counts = 256 %

You act like an azz questioning whether "we even watch the game" - but I think you are the one passed out bud light drunk with a viagra erection during the games. We run 3 receiver sets most of the time... rarely 4. I watch it with my sober eyes and not distracted by an artificial boner.

I am not going to go back and rewatch every play and every personnel grouping... I suppose the variations could throw it off 5-10%... but the fact of the matter is we are running 3 + receiver sets and only 1 TE way a huge majority of the time and it's a problem.

Don't use the we have to because we get behind excuse... we have abandoned the run way too early every single game on this losing streak. The Eagles game is the only one that got way out of hand quickly. We were in every other game late into the 3rd quarter at least.

Next step : IGNORE the troll.

Last edited by TheLegendReturns; 11-10-2017 at 07:06 PM..
TheLegendReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:04 PM   #22
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer
 
ShaneFalco's Avatar
 
TeamSwag

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 15,454

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Wtf... people we were leading the league in running at a point.

Play calling changes when you fall behind multiple scores.

During the eagles game I believe starting on 3rd or 4th series, eagles defense knew the run plays they started to get TFL on running plays.

Are you idiots watching the game?

Mike probably just checked the box score and was told to make some comments.

You think heís out here watching Broncos games with his bank account LMAO

Nobody seems to be capable of thinking for themselves.

Trump is president though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
What happens when you run 40 times and throw 20 times and still lose by multiple scores?

How does THAT look?

Average ass minded people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Not saying the play calling isnít an issue but to break down to something as basic as, we need to run more!! Is ****ing stupid when weíve already established that identity since the beginning of the season.

VJ said for Siemian to be his best the run game has to work. And he said we are a Run first PA team.

****s not working, McCoys plays/play calling isnít that good... and mix in the ****ty OL.
you done spazzing out?
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:11 PM   #23
BroncoFox
Cheervixen
 
BroncoFox's Avatar
 
If I have fleas.. they are happy.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,365
Default

Quote:
Wtf... people we were leading the league in running at a point.

Play calling changes when you fall behind multiple scores.
They are giving up on the running game well before we are down by multiple scores. Even if we are down two scores, should -not- give up the running game. A running game will wear down a defense eventually. There is a ton of stats that say pretty clearly.. we run for 100 yards in a game.. we win most of the time.

Our offense jumps to the passing game waayy too early. Even if down 3 scores, but only the 2nd qtr.. keep doing it. Run.. run.. run.. run some more. It's how you win games. Giving it to our inexperienced QBs is not going to win games any more than running for 2 yards. At least the running game -will- wear down a defense. Our passing game will just keep tossing picks however.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:17 PM   #24
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 18,230

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
you should see the full episode. Mike says he blames himself for not reaching RG3. He wanted him to use read option until he developed the dropback game.

They talk about Cousins as well.

Mike has a wealth of knowledge about offense. I cant believe he is not in football somewhere.

FYP
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:32 PM   #25
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 26,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendReturns View Post
jackazz...

azz



Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:35 PM.


Denver Broncos