The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2018, 05:00 PM   #126
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Kelly was drafted with the last pick of the ****ing draft.

Despite his flaws, Allen has all the physical tools but obviously needs work in accuracy among other things and Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield have the traits/skillsets to be legit NFL starters.

I like Kelly but some Denver fans obsession/love for him is weird.
Because he had off the field problems and was hurt and was not going to play last year because if his knee injury. Why is this hard to get for some? You think all the past failed QB's that have failed did not have the skills or traits? Come on.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:04 PM   #127
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Those were very good points made to back up his positions. If youre going to disagree, do more than laugh. You're better than that, or so you tell us ...
Because facts suck for some. A QB putting up good numbers in the SEC means more to me than any other conference. Battle tested if nothing else. Oh and about Dak? Yep, played in the SEC. Just a coincidence though.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:05 PM   #128
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Longtime listener first time caller

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post

You do a lot of complaining, whining, mocking, Elway is drunk stuff. Let's hear your genius plan. Which QB's in this draft will be stars?
Yeah! Let's do this, Ag!

GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:06 PM   #129
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Kelly was drafted with the last pick of the ****ing draft.

I like Kelly but some Denver fans obsession/love for him is weird.
I love him, but not obsessed really ....

Read through that lengthy description Tony R posted, and then the post BarryR made ... then tell me what's not to love for fans of a team with quarterback problems.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:06 PM   #130
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Those were very good points made to back up his positions. If youre going to disagree, do more than laugh. You're better than that, or so you tell us ...
Yeah, the last pick in the 2017 draft totally has just as much of a shot to be a success as guys who are going to go early in the 1st round of the 2018 draft. Totally.

Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:09 PM   #131
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

TeamSwag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

They Mad Cuz Swag
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:09 PM   #132
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Yeah, the last pick in the 2017 draft totally has just as much of a shot to be a success as guys who are going to go early in the 1st round of the 2018 draft. Totally.

Because all QB's taken high become great. I mean why worry which QB the Broncos get since they all will be great. It's so easy
Old 03-05-2018, 05:13 PM   #133
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Because all QB's taken high become great. I mean why worry which QB the Broncos get since they all will be great. It's so easy
Dude, it's not even really about Kelly or the top QB's in this draft (Kelly has talent). It's about draft position and the opportunities that they afford you. The guys drafted high this year will be given every opportunity to succeed. Kelly needs to get lucky just to get a shot, and he'll probably only have one. It's just absurd to say he's got an equal chance to be a success as the top QB's in this draft class.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:16 PM   #134
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

Im betting if you really wanted to be studious and wanted to check it out, more Qb's taken high have panned out then QB's taken late.

So...

Yeah.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:19 PM   #135
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:

You do a lot of complaining, whining, mocking, Elway is drunk stuff. Let's hear your genius plan. Which QB's in this draft will be stars?
Mayfield is my pick to be the best QB in this class. I think Rosen and Darnold will be good too. Allen could be amazing if he puts it all together, but that seems like a long-shot. Jackson should switch to WR in my opinion.

Anyway I'm a guy with no NFL connections. Elway has how many resources at his disposal? Yet he drafts worse than most of the mock drafters here on OM ffs...
Old 03-05-2018, 05:25 PM   #136
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
Im betting if you really wanted to be studious and wanted to check it out, more Qb's taken high have panned out then QB's taken late.

So...

Yeah.

And more busted, but pretend something else
Old 03-05-2018, 05:28 PM   #137
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Mayfield is my pick to be the best QB in this class. I think Rosen and Darnold will be good too. Allen could be amazing if he puts it all together, but that seems like a long-shot. Jackson should switch to WR in my opinion.

Anyway I'm a guy with no NFL connections. Elway has how many resources at his disposal? Yet he drafts worse than most of the mock drafters here on OM ffs...
Other than 1983, how many drafts had many QB's drafted that went on to become anything other than average? Maybe this year will be different, but the odds and history say no.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:29 PM   #138
Action

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass

Quote:
Because facts suck for some. A QB putting up good numbers in the SEC means more to me than any other conference. Battle tested if nothing else. Oh and about Dak? Yep, played in the SEC. Just a coincidence though.
Dak got exposed without a running game/Elliot.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:30 PM   #139
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
And more busted, but pretend something else

That wasnt the argument, was it? More high picks at QB have panned out generally because of the amount of work that goes into selecting those guys. The math probably supports that most qbs that hit have been 1st rounders and not mr irrelevant.

This is a separate discussion from the amount of players that bust in any draft. Because technically its most of them. They never pan out to be anything. Less than 10 will become all pros. Maybe 10-15 more make a probowl. The rest would be lucky to stay on a roster for the duration of their rookie contract. Otherwise they are just names.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:30 PM   #140
Action

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass

Quote:
Because he had off the field problems and was hurt and was not going to play last year because if his knee injury. Why is this hard to get for some? You think all the past failed QB's that have failed did not have the skills or traits? Come on.
Why is it hard for you to understand that no one in the Broncos organization/NFL actually views Chad as a legitimate starter in 2018/future QB for Broncos?

Chad Kelly fans are 100% delusional to reality.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:33 PM   #141
Action

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass

What reps will Chad Kelly get?

Broncos will likely have

Vet QB + Rookie
Lynch
Kelly

If they draft a rookie top 5, guess who is getting all the extra reps?

If they go with Cousins, guess who is getting all the extra reps?

Any crumbs leftover is going to Lynch unless he's off the team.

You people are delusional beyond stupidity.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:34 PM   #142
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Dak got exposed without a running game/Elliot.
Which unless the Bronco's improve their talent, a rookie QB means squat here.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:36 PM   #143
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Why is it hard for you to understand that no one in the Broncos organization/NFL actually views Chad as a legitimate starter in 2018/future QB for Broncos?

Chad Kelly fans are 100% delusional to reality.
Who said starting in 2018? Actually you don't know how the Broncos view Kelly's potential.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:42 PM   #144
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
That wasnt the argument, was it? More high picks at QB have panned out generally because of the amount of work that goes into selecting those guys. The math probably supports that most qbs that hit have been 1st rounders and not mr irrelevant.

This is a separate discussion from the amount of players that bust in any draft. Because technically its most of them. They never pan out to be anything. Less than 10 will become all pros. Maybe 10-15 more make a probowl. The rest would be lucky to stay on a roster for the duration of their rookie contract. Otherwise they are just names.

Teams desperate for QB's bypass better talent and take a QB who puts up nice numbers in conferences with crappy defenses and gimmick offenses. If going to be technical about QB's that make it or not, then people should be intellectually honest about why Kelly dropped in the draft other than he sucks.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:48 PM   #145
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Teams desperate for QB's bypass better talent and take a QB who puts up nice numbers in conferences with crappy defenses and gimmick offenses. If going to be technical about QB's that make it or not, then people should be intellectually honest about why Kelly dropped in the draft other than he sucks.

He was unable to reign in his temper and tended to behave in a way people would describe as thuggish. He could have been a first round talent. Maybe. Its hard to say because he wasnt able to actually prove it. He acted like a b**** and had to switch schools because of it. So...he got selected dead last. Maybe he puts the work in, and maybe he does something this summer to warrant keeping him around. But its highly likely he wont.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:28 PM   #146
Action

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass

Quote:
Who said starting in 2018? Actually you don't know how the Broncos view Kelly's potential.
I may not know, but you can use some information to come with an educated conclusion.

He was last pick in NFL draft.

Paxton Lynch isnít on the brink of getting cut or traded.

Broncos are looking to get Cousins.

If not, sign another vet and draft a rookie QB with top pick.

What does that tell you about how they view Kellyís potential?
Old 03-05-2018, 09:46 PM   #147
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY

Quote:
What reps will Chad Kelly get?

If they go with Cousins, guess who is getting all the extra reps?

You people are delusional beyond stupidity.

HEY! Did you read the Chad Kelly article Tony R posted on the previous page like I told you to?

And talk about delusional ... We don't have enough money or winning potential to lure cousins.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:49 PM   #148
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY

Quote:
Maybe he puts the work in, and maybe he does something this summer to warrant keeping him around. But its highly likely he wont.

Hey .... I thought you were showing some pragmatic optimism for a while there. Now you're bumming me out man
Old 03-05-2018, 09:52 PM   #149
maven
#happy

Chad Kelly is going to need an injury/injuries to get his chance.

I don't have any faith in him, but GL to him
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:57 PM   #150
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY

Guys think about this for a minute: John Elway and Jim Kelly gave him a chance. Right now he's been working out with Phil Simms for a month, and in one year we haven't heard a single negative item, no police blotters embarrassing videos or anything else.

If John gave him a chance, we should too. And he's done nothing to ruin it that we know of yet. You don't have to be positive about him but maybe lay off the negativity for a little while.