The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2018, 07:13 PM   #526
OABB
Internet Warrior

Battle tested.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Tebow hitting .321 over the last 18 games.
Time to trade him away then.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:21 AM   #527
balero
The Big Fellow

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

balero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:14 PM   #528
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Good for Tim. He’ll get a shot at the bigs regardless cause he’ll put asses in the seats, but he’s clearly improving
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:16 PM   #529
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
I think Rob Hobbs was even older than 30!
If you are going to make a joke, get the name correct.

It is Ron Hobbs you dumb ass!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:18 PM   #530
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Tebow hitting .321 over the last 18 games.
Is that his batting average or career completion accuracy for his NFL career?

If BA, he must have been way down in the .200s as his average is about .260 now. Heating it up and ready for AAA next season.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:59 PM   #531
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
If you are going to make a joke, get the name correct.

It is Ron Hobbs you dumb ass!
I loved the scene where they walked out of the cornfield to get the signed baseball from the giant dog
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:09 PM   #532
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
I loved the scene where they walked out of the cornfield to get the signed baseball from the giant dog
At least the team went from dead last to almost pulling out a win in the championship game if Kelly just ran a little faster.
Old 06-30-2018, 02:10 AM   #533
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

Theres a special hot place for anyone that roots against Tebow.
He gave the Broncos everything he had. He didnt kneel against the flag. He gave us payback against all those jerk stealers fans at mile high "that day".
He Never bad mouthed the Broncos after we got Manning.
Total Class act. Cant throw an accurate pass but... Total class and i cannot understand why anyone would badmouth him.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:56 AM   #534
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
He gave the Broncos everything he had. He didnt kneel against the flag. He gave us payback against all those jerk stealers fans at mile high "that day".
Total Class act. Cant throw an accurate pass but... Total class and i cannot understand why anyone would badmouth him.
Who said he wasnít a class act? He just really sucked at being a QB.

BTW, no one is kneeling against the flag. Thereís a special hot place for those suggesting otherwise.

Last edited by peacepipe; 06-30-2018 at 02:59 AM..
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:48 AM   #535
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Longtime listener first time caller

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:08 PM   #536
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

https://www.app.com/story/sports/bas...ver/764001002/
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:26 AM   #537
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
I want him to get the call up and I want him to be awesome...but after I get tickets to go see him on the double AA circuit here in a couple weeks
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:54 AM   #538
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

Nice. Tebow makes an all star team. Let your hate disolve...Its minor league baseball.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:46 AM   #539
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Since when is playing quarterback a nice guy contest?
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:34 PM   #540
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Tebow broke his arm... I was gonna see him play tomorrow against the local AA team here for $8 a seat. damn.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:41 PM   #541
pricejj
jungle

Tebow finishes the year batting .273.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:34 PM   #542
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Tebow finishes the year batting .273.
So average - for the minor league.

Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:38 PM   #543
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

The Rockies' own Matt Hearn is leading single A shortened season BA at .379!
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:56 PM   #544
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Tebow is improving. Heís only been playing since the end of 2016, so it hasnít even been two years yet. He started off batting .194 in fall league, the .220ís in A, and .273 in AA.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:39 PM   #545
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Tebow is improving. Heís only been playing since the end of 2016, so it hasnít even been two years yet. He started off batting .194 in fall league, the .220ís in A, and .273 in AA.
Yeah, I have a cousin who was drafted by the Red Sox. He didn't do half as good as Tebow has done. Looks like the game might've slown down for TRT.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:39 PM   #546
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Nobody is "kneeling against the flag"...and nobody back then was kneeling for the anthem either. Nor would any NFL player with half a brain try to badmouth their team over being sent packing for Peyton Manning, so none of that is relevant.

Tebow has gotten more mileage and public notoriety out of less talent in parlaying a failed NFL career into other opportunities than almost anyone I can think of in recent memory. How many other NFL QB's who got cut from three teams and washed out of the league can you name who have become celebrities, media guys, cult heroes and launched a second career as an athlete in another sport where nobody would have looked at them based on their existing performance? Off the top of my head, I think he's the only one.

That said, he might have had a shot at NFL success had Denver not ruined his chances by ignoring the opportunity to develop his mechanics rather than trying to plug him into a gimmick offense and squeeze out what they could for short-term gain. That was pretty stupid.

I have nothing against the dude, and in fact, I was rooting for him here, but let's be honest...had he not popularized his in-your-face Jesus act and created the spectacle of "Tebowing" in the end zone, he'd have long since vanished from the pages of the sports world or the tabloids. In that sense, his best talent seems to be marketing his own image, which makes a lot of sense financially, even if it does nothing for his chances of any real athletic success. I think he will wind up being a color guy for someone in the not-too-distant future. He's not that good behind the mic either, but he's got a name draw that will probably appeal to some network execs. That's fine...at least he's not beating up women or something.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 01:10 AM   #547
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

Hmmmm. When did he ever try to popularize his kneeling? He just did it. It was everyone else that went tebowing. Kurt Warner was Way worse intejecting Christ- not that there was anything wrong with that. Warners thanking the Lord was a little thick for my taste but owell.
Now that Tebow is doing well at baseball some people want him to fail. I just dont understand that.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:02 AM   #548
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
Hmmmm. When did he ever try to popularize his kneeling? He just did it. It was everyone else that went tebowing. Kurt Warner was Way worse intejecting Christ- not that there was anything wrong with that. Warners thanking the Lord was a little thick for my taste but owell.
Now that Tebow is doing well at baseball some people want him to fail. I just dont understand that.
Which was ironic since Kurt criticized Tebow for being so outspoken about his faith.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:42 AM   #549
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Nobody is "kneeling against the flag"...and nobody back then was kneeling for the anthem either. Nor would any NFL player with half a brain try to badmouth their team over being sent packing for Peyton Manning, so none of that is relevant.

Tebow has gotten more mileage and public notoriety out of less talent in parlaying a failed NFL career into other opportunities than almost anyone I can think of in recent memory. How many other NFL QB's who got cut from three teams and washed out of the league can you name who have become celebrities, media guys, cult heroes and launched a second career as an athlete in another sport where nobody would have looked at them based on their existing performance? Off the top of my head, I think he's the only one.

That said, he might have had a shot at NFL success had Denver not ruined his chances by ignoring the opportunity to develop his mechanics rather than trying to plug him into a gimmick offense and squeeze out what they could for short-term gain. That was pretty stupid.

I have nothing against the dude, and in fact, I was rooting for him here, but let's be honest...had he not popularized his in-your-face Jesus act and created the spectacle of "Tebowing" in the end zone, he'd have long since vanished from the pages of the sports world or the tabloids. In that sense, his best talent seems to be marketing his own image, which makes a lot of sense financially, even if it does nothing for his chances of any real athletic success. I think he will wind up being a color guy for someone in the not-too-distant future. He's not that good behind the mic either, but he's got a name draw that will probably appeal to some network execs. That's fine...at least he's not beating up women or something.
Itís also todayís reaction to Tebowís Jesus act. Even calling it an act in the first place. It just wasnít that big of a deal when Reggie White was doing it.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:15 PM   #550
Zealot
I miss Wade

Quote:
see post 542
Zealot is offline   Reply With Quote