The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2015, 04:41 PM   #11326
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 27,339

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I dunno, i mean... Wilson is more of a playmaker, but thats a team that wins on defense. 100 percent.
I think you are undervaluing Wilson.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:45 PM   #11327
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 31,719

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I dunno, i mean... Wilson is more of a playmaker, but thats a team that wins on defense. 100 percent.
I think he is. Look at our last game against them. Overtime. Never even got the ball cause Wilson just bossed it down the field. Their playoff game against the packers? 4 ints then comes back with multiple TD drives, 2 in less than a few minutes. Overtime in that game too..packers never saw the field. No doubt in my mind Brad Johnson or Dilfer don't make those comebacks. Their defense is their driving point and priority, but without Wilson they aren't winning like they do.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:51 PM   #11328
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,292

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I think he is. Look at our last game against them. Overtime. Never even got the ball cause Wilson just bossed it down the field. Their playoff game against the packers? 4 ints then comes back with multiple TD drives, 2 in less than a few minutes. Overtime in that game too..packers never saw the field. No doubt in my mind Brad Johnson or Dilfer don't make those comebacks. Their defense is their driving point and priority, but without Wilson they aren't winning like they do.
4 ints and got really lucky. That wasn't his finest hour. Regardless, you're picking nits. History is going to see Seattle as a dominant defensive team. No more, no less.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:52 PM   #11329
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
Jaguars OM Mock GM

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 19,290

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens
Default

Wilson is more than a game manager, they do win because of the defense but he's a great player and they dont what they have the last 3 years without him.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:56 PM   #11330
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,292

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Wilson is more than a game manager, they do win because of the defense but he's a great player and they dont what they have the last 3 years without him.
This is suddenly being argued to extremes and it shouldn't be. No one is saying seattle is inept on offense. Just simply that the backbone of the team is a dominating D
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:01 PM   #11331
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 31,719

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
4 ints and got really lucky. That wasn't his finest hour. Regardless, you're picking nits. History is going to see Seattle as a dominant defensive team. No more, no less.
Is Wilson in your top 10 of QBs this year and the last couple? Would Dilfer and Johnson be? Those 2 QBs were game managers. Wilson isn't. That's all I'm saying. Ravens and Bucs did it with game managers where as Seattle had a playmaking QB.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 09-29-2015 at 05:03 PM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:15 PM   #11332
Enter The Dragon
Still Not A Playa
 
Enter The Dragon's Avatar
 
Football Jesus

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 2,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shane MF Ray!
Default

When there's nothing open late in the game, Wilson always has a play or 2 that's 1st read then run like hell. He did it to us last year 2 or 3 times in OT on the same drive successfully. Brad Johnson was a game manager but he did throw a nice ball. A runner? Not so much...

Last edited by Enter The Dragon; 09-29-2015 at 05:18 PM..
Enter The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:16 PM   #11333
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,292

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Is Wilson in your top 10 of QBs this year and the last couple? Would Dilfer and Johnson be? Those 2 QBs were game managers. Wilson isn't. That's all I'm saying. Ravens and Bucs did it with game managers where as Seattle had a playmaking QB.
Yeah, probably not. I like him, he fits what they do, but I dont consider him elite, no.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:19 PM   #11334
Enter The Dragon
Still Not A Playa
 
Enter The Dragon's Avatar
 
Football Jesus

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 2,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shane MF Ray!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Yeah, probably not. I like him, he fits what they do, but I dont consider him elite, no.
I agree with both. Wilson is definitely clutch though
Enter The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:29 PM   #11335
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 31,719

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Probably not. Probably close though.

...just like Brad Johnson


For me, it would be hard to keep him out of 10. There's a few QBs like Ryan Cam Romo Brees Rivers at the tail end of the top 10, Wilsons right in there for me.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:08 PM   #11336
Raider Bill
........
 
Raider Bill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Southern New Joisey
Posts: 4,248
Default

Has Reid started saying "I have to do a better job" yet?


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR8mrqR6WOc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f460lcf7wGs



Last edited by Raider Bill; 09-29-2015 at 07:10 PM..
Raider Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:13 PM   #11337
69bronco
Ring of Famer
 
69bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In your head
Posts: 6,273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Bill View Post
Has Reid started saying "I have to do a better job" yet?


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR8mrqR6WOc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f460lcf7wGs




about 1:30 in

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center...6-8148760e4f9b
69bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:18 PM   #11338
Raider Bill
........
 
Raider Bill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Southern New Joisey
Posts: 4,248
Default

LMAO Andy's gonna Andy
Raider Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:19 PM   #11339
Rocket 7
Ring of Famer
 
Rocket 7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Santa Teresa, NM
Posts: 6,088

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Smith 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
All of those teams had glaring weaknesses. They either had a monster defense, but no offense...monster offense, but terrible defense.

The 2015 Chiefs are the most complete team we've had in a very long time, and we have depth almost everywhere.

There are going to be a lot of guys that KC cuts that get work around the league.
If the 2015 is the most complete team KC has had in a very long time no wonder they haven't won a playoff game since Clinton's first term.
Rocket 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:27 PM   #11340
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 54,418

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 7 View Post
If the 2015 is the most complete team KC has had in a very long time no wonder they haven't won a playoff game since Clinton's first term.
I actually think they had a more complete team the last time they won the AFC West.

Better OL, good run game, had a couple WRs who worked in their system, Solid pass rush with Hali, Better secondary than they have now. They were a QB away.

Now they are still a QB away but need a LT, C, RG, RT, #2 WR, #3 WR, #4 WR, WLB who can pass rush and is not Dee Ford, #3 CB (#2 if Peters struggles like he did vs GB), #4 CB, #5 CB, SS, FS.

It is not one guy that has kept them from winning during their recent losing streak it is a lot of guys on both sides of the ball.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:59 PM   #11341
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 32,287

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 7 View Post
If the 2015 is the most complete team KC has had in a very long time no wonder they haven't won a playoff game since Clinton's first term.
7925 days and counting. There should be a day clock on the Mane with this beauty for all to see. Only 2 teams have a worse eneptness of playoff victories, Lions and Bengals
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:04 AM   #11342
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15,317

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
That is the best hail mary play ever.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:08 AM   #11343
Br0nc0Buster
You honeydicking?
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Super Bowl 50 Champs

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 7,423
Default



"Career year"
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:17 AM   #11344
KCStud
Registered User
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 7 View Post
If the 2015 is the most complete team KC has had in a very long time no wonder they haven't won a playoff game since Clinton's first term.
It is. The OL gave Alex 3 seconds to throw, the defense has a top 5 pass rush and will be better now that Sean Smith is back.

Once again the retread QB ruins it all. There were several plays last night where the OL gave the QB time and a receiver was open and Alex just tucked and ran like a p***Y.

It's time to put Murray out there to sink or swim. If he sinks, we'll have the draft position to get one of the 3 top QB's
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:18 AM   #11345
KCStud
Registered User
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post


"Career year"
Albert Wilson was wide the **** open behind the defense and that mother****er throws that pass.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:19 AM   #11346
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 18,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
It is. The OL gave Alex 3 seconds to throw, the defense has a top 5 pass rush and will be better now that Sean Smith is back.

Once again the retread QB ruins it all. There were several plays last night where the OL gave the QB time and a receiver was open and Alex just tucked and ran like a p***Y.

It's time to put Murray out there to sink or swim. If he sinks, we'll have the draft position to get one of the 3 top QB's

socalorado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:23 AM   #11347
Windows10
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 34

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I'm glad you're all able to admit that the best team you've beaten this year sucks. The other two are both 0-3.
Windows10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:36 AM   #11348
Blake Street Bomber
Ring of Famer
 
Blake Street Bomber's Avatar
 
Baseball is a year-round sport

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windows10 View Post
I'm glad you're all able to admit that the best team you've beaten this year sucks. The other two are both 0-3.
The Lions and Ravens made the playoffs in 2014. The Queefs didn't.
Blake Street Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:36 AM   #11349
4th Amigo
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windows10 View Post
I'm glad you're all able to admit that the best team you've beaten this year sucks. The other two are both 0-3.
Does your mommy know you are on the computer?

Seriously though.....the internet can be a dangerous thing for children, you should tell your parents you are online....bad things can happen to kids on the 'net.
4th Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:55 AM   #11350
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 27,339

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
It is. The OL gave Alex 3 seconds to throw, the defense has a top 5 pass rush and will be better now that Sean Smith is back.

Once again the retread QB ruins it all. There were several plays last night where the OL gave the QB time and a receiver was open and Alex just tucked and ran like a p***Y.

It's time to put Murray out there to sink or swim. If he sinks, we'll have the draft position to get one of the 3 top QB's
You are stuck with Smith, he's making way too much $ to yank the cord now. It will be next year, at the earliest, that kc can dump him for another QB.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:41 AM.


Denver Broncos