The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2018, 09:56 AM   #1
nyuk nyuk
Denver Native

Obey.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway
Default Clintons belonged to white-only country club when Bill was Arkansas governor

Bill Clinton admits when pressed in 1992, promptly rolls out weird excuse after his behavior is exposed as being the opposite of his egalitarian claims and then accuses Bush Sr of "racially dividing the country" though there is no record of Bush having joined a white-only country club:

THE 1992 CAMPAIGN: Democrats; Clinton Says Golfing at All-White Club Was Mistake

After months of presenting himself as a Southern candidate with a good civil rights record, Gov. Bill Clinton has suddenly found himself under criticism for a classic gesture of racial separation: playing golf at an all-white country club.

Mr. Clinton was chided by a leader of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People in Little Rock and by Gov. L. Douglas Wilder of Virginia for playing golf on Wednesday at the Country Club of Little Rock, an upper-crust bastion in the Arkansas state capital. The rebuke by Dale Charles, president of the Little Rock chapter of the civil rights group was first reported on Thursday by The Washington Times.

Mr. Clinton quickly admitted that he had made a mistake and vowed never to play there again until it was integrated.

He said as part of his defense that his chief of staff, William Bowen, was leading an effort to integrate the club. Mr. Bowen said he and others were sponsoring nonwhite candidates for membership in the organization, but no application had been acted on yet. Club officials did not return telephone calls today.

"I'm going to do something unconventional for a politician -- when I make a mistake, I'm going to say I made a mistake, not go into some long, labored exercise," Mr. Clinton said today as he campaigned here, speaking of his efforts to "unite the nation across racial and economic lines" and accusing President Bush and the Republican Party of dividing the country racially.

After months of presenting himself as a Southern candidate with a good civil rights record, Gov. Bill Clinton has suddenly found himself under criticism for a classic gesture of racial separation: playing golf at an all-white country club.

Mr. Clinton was chided by a leader of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People in Little Rock and by Gov. L. Douglas Wilder of Virginia for playing golf on Wednesday at the Country Club of Little Rock, an upper-crust bastion in the Arkansas state capital. The rebuke by Dale Charles, president of the Little Rock chapter of the civil rights group was first reported on Thursday by The Washington Times.

Mr. Clinton quickly admitted that he had made a mistake and vowed never to play there again until it was integrated.

He said as part of his defense that his chief of staff, William Bowen, was leading an effort to integrate the club. Mr. Bowen said he and others were sponsoring nonwhite candidates for membership in the organization, but no application had been acted on yet. Club officials did not return telephone calls today.

"I'm going to do something unconventional for a politician -- when I make a mistake, I'm going to say I made a mistake, not go into some long, labored exercise," Mr. Clinton said today as he campaigned here, speaking of his efforts to "unite the nation across racial and economic lines" and accusing President Bush and the Republican Party of dividing the country racially.
nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2018, 10:09 AM   #2
OleNumber7
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Bill Clinton admits when pressed in 1992, promptly rolls out weird excuse after his behavior is exposed as being the opposite of his egalitarian claims and then accuses Bush Sr of "racially dividing the country" though there is no record of Bush having joined a white-only country club:

THE 1992 CAMPAIGN: Democrats; Clinton Says Golfing at All-White Club Was Mistake

Is it that unbelievable that the rich elite belong to racially homogenous country clubs?

Color me shocked.
OleNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:20 AM   #3
nyuk nyuk
Denver Native

Obey.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleNumber7 View Post
Is it that unbelievable that the rich elite belong to racially homogenous country clubs?

Color me shocked.
No, it's an intentionally white-only country club, Einstein. Try reading the article, ass hat: The country club was being pressured to integrate but was not doing so.

Color you making excuses.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:23 AM   #4
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

Nyuk is trying to deflect on to people that are not our President to cover up for Trumps dumbass moves and racial debacles. If a situation comes along that threatens our country Nyuk will try to deflect on to Obama or the Clintons, which essentially does nothing to help. And the way he does it is much like Trump does. Which is why there is little respect, more condemnation for what he posts. Is he feeling guilty for backing the idiot in office?
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:23 AM   #5
swaiy
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Bill and Hillary are both dirtbags. What's interesting is the timing of this thread.

The hits keep on coming for your traitor in office.
swaiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:25 AM   #6
nyuk nyuk
Denver Native

Obey.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Nyuk is trying to deflect on to people that are not our President to cover up for Trumps dumbass moves and racial debacles. If a situation comes along that threatens our country Nyuk will try to deflect on to Obama or the Clintons, which essentially does nothing to help. And the way he does it is much like Trump does. Which is why there is little respect, more condemnation for what he posts. Is he feeling guilty for backing the idiot in office?
Obviously you can't explain why you progs are supposedly up in arms about Republicans and Trump - often calling them unfit/unelectable/evil, etc based on unsubstantiated racial accusations - but here you are intentionally looking away when your own people are shown to have a long, ugly, racist history.

That's the best way to point out false, manufactured, situational outrage by a bunch of lying, POS, deceptive pieces of trash trying to manipulate people for votes.

Of course you have nothing to say for yourselves so you whip up a conspiracy theory about "timing."
Old 07-17-2018, 10:40 AM   #7
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

Quote:
Obviously you can't explain why you progs are supposedly up in arms about Republicans and Trump - often calling them unfit/unelectable/evil, etc based on unsubstantiated racial accusations - but here you are intentionally looking away when your own people are shown to have a long, ugly, racist history.

That's the best way to point out false, manufactured, situational outrage by a bunch of lying, POS, deceptive pieces of trash trying to manipulate people for votes.

Of course you have nothing to say for yourselves so you whip up a conspiracy theory about "timing."
Oh I can tell you why I'm up in arms about both. #1 is Trump consistently lies. They are not lies that a person thinks are lies, they are lies that he tells and then turns around and says something else as if he never said the other. But we heard him. And there are A LOT of those....the Wall, the economy, the illegals at the border, oh hell I could go on and on. Trump has never condemned any pro Nazi or racial situation. Of course he is used to removing people from their homes due to their color.

The Republicans do nothing, absolutely nothing and I doubt they will at any given time during Trumps administration. Can't wait for November. Trumps blood pressure is going to rise. Watch for the explosion from him....and you.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:24 AM   #8
Arkie
Ring of Famer

So what? That made the news rounds in 1992 and probably hurt his ratings then. That was 25 years ago and Bill Clinton is no longer in public office. Youíre just desperately grasping at straws today.

South Carolina governor Henry McMaster currently belongs to an all-white country club. Go after him.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:21 PM   #9
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

I have a response to this thread:

WHO THE **** CARES!
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:24 PM   #10
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
No, it's an intentionally white-only country club, Einstein. Try reading the article, ass hat: The country club was being pressured to integrate but was not doing so.

Color you making excuses.
I didn't vote for either, but he pales next to the ****hole President for pure racism and hatred.

Which of course is why you worship him isn't it Klan boy?
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:26 PM   #11
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
So what? That made the news rounds in 1992 and probably hurt his ratings then. That was 25 years ago and Bill Clinton is no longer in public office. Youíre just desperately grasping at straws today.

South Carolina governor Henry McMaster currently belongs to an all-white country club. Go after him.
Lol...25 years ago is yesterday when you're trying to deflect attention in order to defend der Fuhrer and his insane administration of criminals, thugs, liars, wife beaters, sexual predators and white supremacist racists.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:29 PM   #12
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

I didn’t realize there were white only establishments still in existence in the 90s.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:49 PM   #13
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
I didnít realize there were white only establishments still in existence in the 90s.
Usually anywhere a round of cornhole is played is a defacto white-only establishment.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:55 PM   #14
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Bubba is a huckster pos.

What does that have to do with Trump being a traitor?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:58 PM   #15
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

The funny thing is that these Republicans love to attack Hillary as if she is some kind of Marxist. In fact, Hillary is about as liberal as Nixon was.

It just shows how extremist the GOP has become. Let's face it: If Ronald Reagan was alive to today, the Republicans would rip him apart.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:05 PM   #16
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The funny thing is that these Republicans love to attack Hillary as if she is some kind of Marxist. In fact, Hillary is about as liberal as Nixon was.

It just shows how extremist the GOP has become. Let's face it: If Ronald Reagan was alive to today, the Republicans would rip him apart.
Reagan was WAY right of Nixon.

Nixon was a nakedly statist opportunist. Would've run as a Democrat if he thought it gave him better odds at power.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:09 PM   #17
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Due west

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

Nixon was a nakedly statist opportunist. Would've run as a Democrat if he thought it gave him better odds at power.
Nixon and Hillary would have been bffs.

Ok, all the libs have said something bad about the not-in-power Clintons. Can we talk about the issues at hand without you accusing us of ignoring dirty Billy Clinton's past raping and rascisting?

We get it. Clinton was a bad dude.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:11 PM   #18
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:

And today's GOP is waaaaay right of Reagan.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:16 PM   #19
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
And today's GOP is waaaaay right of Reagan.
In some ways. It's a mixed bag.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:47 PM   #20
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Nixon and Hillary would have been bffs.

Ok, all the libs have said something bad about the not-in-power Clintons. Can we talk about the issues at hand without you accusing us of ignoring dirty Billy Clinton's past raping and rascisting?

We get it. Clinton was a bad dude.
Desperate times call for desperate deflections.

That's the obvious purpose of nyuKKK's latest drive-by spam rampage.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:49 PM   #21
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming

Hot Damn.

Quote:
HEY LOOK OVER THERE!
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:38 PM   #22
Pontius Pirate
I made a bad call Ripley

Easy Easy Kill Kill Lane Lane

Sounds like he’d be a good Republican!
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:07 PM   #23
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:

Your last sentence pretty much defines a politician.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:18 PM   #24
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

One of the reasons Hillary lost in 2016 is because black people did not show up to vote. Neither did women in general.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:03 PM   #25
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
One of the reasons Hillary lost in 2016 is because black people did not show up to vote. Neither did women in general.
It's a simple equation. The Dems have to dump Clinton neoliberalism and go with FDR democratic principles. Their multiple decade hoodwink of the working people of America (for the benefits of Wall Street and the banksters) is over. They change the Dem party or progressives start a new party.