The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2018, 06:12 AM   #1
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 85,110
Default China Hacked Navy Contractor - Scored Sensitive Submarine Warfare Data

Jesus, what a cluster****.



Chinese government hackers have compromised the computers of a Navy contractor, stealing massive amounts of highly sensitive data related to undersea warfare ó including secret plans to develop a supersonic anti-ship missile for use on U.S. submarines by 2020, according to American officials.

The breaches occurred in January and February, the officials said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation. The hackers targeted a contractor who works for the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, a military organization headquartered in Newport, R.I., that conducts research and development for submarines and underwater weaponry.

The officials did not identify the contractor.

Taken were 614 gigabytes of material relating to a closely held project known as Sea Dragon, as well as signals and sensor data, submarine radio room information relating to cryptographic systems, and the Navy submarine development unitís electronic warfare library.

The Washington Post agreed to withhold certain details about the compromised missile project at the request of the Navy, which argued that their release could harm national security.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.3fb5ab66bacc
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2018, 10:35 AM   #2
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
And so it goes...

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 78,214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Every military officer connected with that project should be stripped of rank and given a dishonorable discharge, if not thrown in prison. The contractor should be barred from ever getting another contract.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:27 PM   #3
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 33,980

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
Jesus, what a cluster****.



Chinese government hackers have compromised the computers of a Navy contractor, stealing massive amounts of highly sensitive data related to undersea warfare ó including secret plans to develop a supersonic anti-ship missile for use on U.S. submarines by 2020, according to American officials.

The breaches occurred in January and February, the officials said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation. The hackers targeted a contractor who works for the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, a military organization headquartered in Newport, R.I., that conducts research and development for submarines and underwater weaponry.

The officials did not identify the contractor.

Taken were 614 gigabytes of material relating to a closely held project known as Sea Dragon, as well as signals and sensor data, submarine radio room information relating to cryptographic systems, and the Navy submarine development unitís electronic warfare library.

The Washington Post agreed to withhold certain details about the compromised missile project at the request of the Navy, which argued that their release could harm national security.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.3fb5ab66bacc
Seems a little late to be worried about harming national security if the Chinese already have this information.

Good thing Rump is on the job and has them shaking in their boots though.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:30 PM   #4
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 33,980

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Every military officer connected with that project should be stripped of rank and given a dishonorable discharge, if not thrown in prison. The contractor should be barred from ever getting another contract.
Or we could simply decide that enough is enough, and devote some real resources to hardening our systems against this kind of thing. That would take real leadership and vision though, not the kind currently available.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 03:06 AM   #5
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 85,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Or we could simply decide that enough is enough, and devote some real resources to hardening our systems against this kind of thing. That would take real leadership and vision though, not the kind currently available.
No political will to tackle this - especially from Republicans.

With the midterms coming up, they're going to need as much help (again) from foreign enemies as they can get.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:57 AM   #6
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,162

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

They should have just offered a further discount in the manufacturing of Ivankas baby clothing line (after he sacrificed American national security for the ZTE deal). He would have given it to them!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:17 AM   #7
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 33,980

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
No political will to tackle this - especially from Republicans.

With the midterms coming up, they're going to need as much help (again) from foreign enemies as they can get.
Well now that the cat's out of the bag about what the dictator was willing to do for the Russians, you can well imagine there will be other foreign enemies turned suitors lining up for their share of the take. I'm sure the list will include various Arab countries willing to let him hang a sign on a hotel with his name on it, probably some East European states, and yes...obviously China will be buying. Get ready for a whole slew of new propaganda sites spewing fake news.

It's an American fire sale, with free goodies for the countries that can do the most to help steal more votes for the white supremacy statists trying to fend off the inevitable slide into the abyss.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:36 AM   #8
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 20,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Well now that the cat's out of the bag about what the dictator was willing to do for the Russians, you can well imagine there will be other foreign enemies turned suitors lining up for their share of the take. I'm sure the list will include various Arab countries willing to let him hang a sign on a hotel with his name on it, probably some East European states, and yes...obviously China will be buying. Get ready for a whole slew of new propaganda sites spewing fake news.

It's an American fire sale, with free goodies for the countries that can do the most to help steal more votes for the white supremacy statists trying to fend off the inevitable slide into the abyss.
The Clintons/Bushes and Obama cabals already sold us off down the river long ago.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:38 AM   #9
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 33,980

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
The Clintons/Bushes and Obama cabals already sold us off down the river long ago.
I guess you missed the part about the motive's origin...
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 03:59 PM   #10
rmsanger
Elway > PFM
 
rmsanger's Avatar
 
Another one bites the dust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,099

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart
Default

I assume every government secret from every country is already known in the greater intelligence community.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:00 PM.


Denver Broncos