The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2018, 02:10 PM   #401
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoSojia View Post
There should be a school specifically for that.......
...and for those who wanna learn to do other stuff good too.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:12 PM   #402
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoSojia View Post
There should be a school specifically for that.......
Did that on purpose. Derp!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:15 PM   #403
Old Coyote
Cold Drafted

Cake!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Memphis Belle came crashing down because he can't read good.
Nor do rythmatic.
Old Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:00 PM   #404
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Coyote View Post
Nor do rythmatic.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:38 PM   #405
Old Coyote
Cold Drafted

Cake!!!

Quote:
Attached Images

Old Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:49 PM   #406
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
If we could transfer ones confidence to the other. I think I'd rather have Zlatan and I can't be sure he's ever thrown anything in his life with one hand.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:49 PM   #407
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Pick a cause, and Footsie will rage blog for the wrong side.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:11 PM   #408
Ironmind
Animal Advocate

more ass than a toilet seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
It's what he SHOULD have said last year.
Yes, its unfortunate that VJ is still coaching the Broncos,as he is a worthless coach, and that Paxton hasnt been traded for an 8th round draft pick, since he is a terrible QB.
Ironmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:14 PM   #409
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:03 PM   #410
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
I remember Lynch was a project. He might have to sit a year. It might take him three years to reach his stride, but that doesnít mean he has to sit for three years. Heís a first round bust. Some scouts were saying he was the best QB in the draft and could start his first year.
I read more than a dozen reports written by NFL scouts, and saw none that indicated he was the best QB in the draft, nor that he would start his first year.

Who was saying this?
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:16 PM   #411
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Why do you just assume that the issue with Lynch is developmental rather than simply a wrong initial evaluation? In other words, maybe the dude just canít cut it. Iíve seen nothing from Lynch tonsuggest that any other coaching staff wouldíve been able to develop him into a quality QB.
Simple...

This team has never in its entire history, developed a franchise quarterback through internal coaching work.

Second, no competent NFL staff would give up on a QB they moved up into the first round to draft after four games. It's idiotic in the extreme. This same staff also cut the best performer they had in preseason last year. The one before them...still under Elway...never even ATTEMPTED to develop Tebow. Steve Young actually called them out on MNF for it in fact.

Third, they don't seem to know what they're seeing, even long AFTER an initial evaluation. Exhibit A: Osweiler sits for FOUR YEARS at Manning's feet. Elway sees him every single day. He tells the fan base this entire time that he's a franchise QB, that he would have been drafted top 5 had he stayed one more year in school, that he's the heir apparent to Manning. Kubiak handles his demotion during the 2015 run horribly, and then Elway lets him walk.

That had a lot more than "initial evaluation" baked into it. But even if they have a problem recognizing NFL talent, this hardly supports them being good at coaching it now does it?
Old 05-16-2018, 08:30 PM   #412
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I read more than a dozen reports written by NFL scouts, and saw none that indicated he was the best QB in the draft, nor that he would start his first year.

Who was saying this?
Eric Galko, Optimum Scouting

ďBased on film and projecting for the future, Paxton Lynch is the best quarterback in this NFL Draft. Period.

While Jared Goff has showed great timing on his mid-field throws and Carson Wentz looks the part of a strong-armed franchise passer, both lack the innate decisiveness, poise and elite quarterback upside that Lynch has displayed.Ē

ďLynch has plenty of room to grow, but he profiles as a rookie starter who may thrive in a learn-by-playing atmosphereĒ

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...11p9ydl4h99fye
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:20 PM   #413
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

That's why I don't fault the Broncos for trying. He had a lot of good things going for him. They made the move and at least tried. It's very difficult to find a franchise QB. You just have to keep trying. Just know when it's not happening and turn the page. Watching Matt Millen prop up Joey Harrington year after year was watching a pig in a beauty pageant. Don't try to make your mistake look right. Admit you're wrong and move on.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:02 PM   #414
ShaneFalco
Infamous

Quote:
You're responding, so you clearly do.

I've also made arguments supporting both Keenum and even Siemian, and I don't care whether we go with Lynch or Kelly, or someone else who turns out to be better for the team. I'm a Bronco fan and I'll root for whoever is in there, so it's not about Lynch, it's about being honest about the facts of this situation.

An entire mythology has grown up about this dude that has utterly no facts to support it...he's lazy...he's playing video games all the time...he's so stupid he can't tie his own shoes....etc...and none of it has any basis in fact.

I'm arguing only one thing, that this team had better learn how to find a QB, and DEVELOP him, not throw **** against a wall and see what sticks. I have nothing against Kelly either, but the plain truth is, this fan base is currently rooting for a guy who for all we know may be emotionally or psychologically unstable simply because he's not Lynch.

I think that's nuts.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...=memphis+belle

The Memphis Belle
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:02 PM   #415
ShaneFalco
Infamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post
It's happening!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-G View Post
It’s almost unfair for Paxton to be going up against this much swag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
Swag and Winter are coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
$w@g coming.

Sorry my swag brothers, a mod banned me a month for calling someone a name.

Thank you for keeping the Train moving!

ALL ABOARD THE SWAG TRAIN.

Last edited by ShaneFalco; 05-16-2018 at 10:07 PM..
Old 05-16-2018, 10:13 PM   #416
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
It's good to hear you're coming back fully rehabilitated.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:16 PM   #417
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Simple...

This team has never in its entire history, developed a franchise quarterback through internal coaching work.
The history of the franchise is entirely irrelevant. Why? Because different front offices and coaching staffs have different evaluative and developmental methods. Josh McDaniels has nothing to do with Elway and company, for example. Even if it did have relevance, that still doesnít preclude the likelihood that the initial evaluation was the issue, not development. Note that Iím not letting the FO off the hook here; they made a mistake. But the mistake was with the initial evaluation, not development. Itís simply naive to believe, as you seem to, that NFL players are pieces of clay who will be successful if molded properly. The reality is that most players drafted, including first rounders, simply donít have all the ingredients and no development will help them. If you dispute this, then there should be a vast list of first round QBs who suck initially but then turn out great when they get with a better coaching staff. But that list is tiny. Jim Plunkett. Steve Young. Maybe you can throw in Testeverde. Thatís it. No first round QB in 30 years who was initially unsuccessful found great success later. Which means that, generally, a failure at QB is a failure of evaluation, not development.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:25 PM   #418
ShaneFalco
Infamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
It's good to hear you're coming back fully rehabilitated.

Yea, it was a tough rehab. Calling a mod b**** after she tried to bring me into the conversation by lying about what i said. Such a horrible thing.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:27 PM   #419
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Yea, it was a tough rehab. Calling a mod b**** after she tried to bring me into the conversation by lying about what i said. Such a horrible thing.
You missed the draft here?
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:29 PM   #420
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
The history of the franchise is entirely irrelevant. Why? Because different front offices and coaching staffs have different evaluative and developmental methods. Josh McDaniels has nothing to do with Elway and company, for example. Even if it did have relevance, that still doesnít preclude the likelihood that the initial evaluation was the issue, not development. Note that Iím not letting the FO off the hook here; they made a mistake. But the mistake was with the initial evaluation, not development. Itís simply naive to believe, as you seem to, that NFL players are pieces of clay who will be successful if molded properly. The reality is that most players drafted, including first rounders, simply donít have all the ingredients and no development will help them. If you dispute this, then there should be a vast list of first round QBs who suck initially but then turn out great when they get with a better coaching staff. But that list is tiny. Jim Plunkett. Steve Young. Maybe you can throw in Testeverde. Thatís it. No first round QB in 30 years who was initially unsuccessful found great success later. Which means that, generally, a failure at QB is a failure of evaluation, not development.

We keep agreeing like this weíre not gonna have many debates anymore.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:39 PM   #421
ShaneFalco
Infamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
You missed the draft here?
yup.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:46 PM   #422
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Thank you for keeping the Train moving!

ALL ABOARD THE SWAG TRAIN.
I was wondering WTF you went.
What was the name? So I can avoid it.
EDIT.
Ah, I see it now.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:57 PM   #423
ShaneFalco
Infamous

SWAG IS COMING
Old 05-17-2018, 12:28 AM   #424
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Nonsense. It boils down to one of two things;

You believe a quarterback from the Air Raid system who scouts said would take 2-3 years before he was ready can be developed in 4 games.

I donít.

I now propose that all of our draft picks be judged this way. Letís cut every one that isnít NFL ready in 4 games. What do you think that would do in terms of changing the look of this team?

I believe in player development and you donít.

Thatís it in a nutshell.

BTW...Elway sucked ass his first 4 games. He was worse than Lynch.

Last edited by footstepsfrom#27; 05-17-2018 at 12:32 AM..
Old 05-17-2018, 12:39 AM   #425
ShaneFalco
Infamous

Calm Down

This is a thread for Swag, not for memphis belle tears