The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2018, 08:37 PM   #376
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post

You seem a little obsessive and a lot of those "facts" seems to be skewed by your own impression.

Just don't get too invested this guy is going to be out of the league in 3 more years..
Why would I be invested in Lynch? I'm one of the few people in here who didn't want him when he was drafted, and I have said this all along, becauase 1) I didn't want an Air Raid QB (same reason I didn't want Mayfield) and 2) I knew he would never be given a fair chance by this fan base.

THAT SAID...now that he IS HERE, I'm making the point that once you draft a guy in the first round at QB you have to see it through and give him his shot, develop him properly and see what you have.

My opinion on Lynch hasn't changed. I'm still not sure what he is, but I know one thing, neither are you or ANYONE on this board, because it's impossible to judge a guy like this in 4 starts, it's just not possible, period. I keep hearing all the same tired arguments...he's not progressed any, he was beaten out by a 7th rounder, he's immature, he can't throw from the pocket...blah blah blah...to all this, I say no ****, really? This is somehow surprising? That's why they call them "projects", and why this one was predicted to take 2-3 years, but he hasn't had but ONE year in any ONE system and that last one was with a guy who most people in here think can't coach worth ****. I hear legions of critics for VJ, but crickets when it comes to his responsibility in getting Lynch ready, and the same goes for Elway. Lot's of people want to talk about what a bust he is, but hardly anyone wants to talk about who drafted the guy and why this HOF player/GM seems mystified by how to recognize talent in a QB. As we all know, there's a reason why so few great players make great executives or coaches...and despite him attracting Manning and the results we got from that, the jury is still out on Elway as GM. That is a FAR more important question than whether Lynch or Kelly is the backup QB this year.

Nobody actually disputes what I say with factual arguments, just more of the same crap. It's pretty sad that this team has such rabid fans but 90% of them have no ****ing idea what they're watching, and those that do, don't want to level a word of criticism where it justly belongs...with the guy running the team who drafted him then failed to heed the advice of scouts on what it would take for him to be an NFL QB.

That's not an opinion, it's a cold hard fact.

Last edited by footstepsfrom#27; 05-15-2018 at 08:39 PM..
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:46 PM   #377
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmind View Post
Vance Joseph's comments about Paxton just might be the wimpiest thing ever said by a coach about a football player. "No competition, just relax" Huh? You must be ****ing joking.
It's what he SHOULD have said last year.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:12 PM   #378
Guess Who
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Coyote View Post
Lynch better step up big time, cause it's looking like he is gonna get beat out by another 7th rounder.

I think this will be his last chance.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:14 PM   #379
Guess Who
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Why would I be invested in Lynch? I'm one of the few people in here who didn't want him when he was drafted, and I have said this all along, becauase 1) I didn't want an Air Raid QB (same reason I didn't want Mayfield) and 2) I knew he would never be given a fair chance by this fan base.

THAT SAID...now that he IS HERE, I'm making the point that once you draft a guy in the first round at QB you have to see it through and give him his shot, develop him properly and see what you have.

My opinion on Lynch hasn't changed. I'm still not sure what he is, but I know one thing, neither are you or ANYONE on this board, because it's impossible to judge a guy like this in 4 starts, it's just not possible, period. I keep hearing all the same tired arguments...he's not progressed any, he was beaten out by a 7th rounder, he's immature, he can't throw from the pocket...blah blah blah...to all this, I say no ****, really? This is somehow surprising? That's why they call them "projects", and why this one was predicted to take 2-3 years, but he hasn't had but ONE year in any ONE system and that last one was with a guy who most people in here think can't coach worth ****. I hear legions of critics for VJ, but crickets when it comes to his responsibility in getting Lynch ready, and the same goes for Elway. Lot's of people want to talk about what a bust he is, but hardly anyone wants to talk about who drafted the guy and why this HOF player/GM seems mystified by how to recognize talent in a QB. As we all know, there's a reason why so few great players make great executives or coaches...and despite him attracting Manning and the results we got from that, the jury is still out on Elway as GM. That is a FAR more important question than whether Lynch or Kelly is the backup QB this year.

Nobody actually disputes what I say with factual arguments, just more of the same crap. It's pretty sad that this team has such rabid fans but 90% of them have no ****ing idea what they're watching, and those that do, don't want to level a word of criticism where it justly belongs...with the guy running the team who drafted him then failed to heed the advice of scouts on what it would take for him to be an NFL QB.

Why are you invested?? I don't know why you are so invested in Lynch in multiple threads with obsessive posts like this. I doubt anyone even reads them as they are so long. You are really emotional about Lynch. Before you write another 3 paragraph reply... I don't care!!!
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:19 PM   #380
t-diddy
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:

Does Taco pay you by the word?
t-diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:45 PM   #381
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
That Guy

Quote:
Why are you invested?? I don't know why you are so invested in Lynch in multiple threads with obsessive posts like this. I doubt anyone even reads them as they are so long. You are really emotional about Lynch. Before you write another 3 paragraph reply... I don't care!!!
He's invested alright.....All in on Memphis Belle!
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:10 PM   #382
BroncoFox
Cheervixen

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

Quote:
Well, there is a difference in drafting first round talent (and playing them), and moving up and drafting someone who is probably a 2nd round pick in the first round. Would people be making such a fuss if we picked a QB in the 2nd round and he didn't work out after two years?

I don't think so.. I think they traded up for someone who had raw physical traits. He had everything in the lower department.. not so much in the upper department. Think of him as a 2nd round talent, which he really probably was. If so, not so much of a loss. Just move on I think. I don't think he has the smarts or maturity to be the long term QB solution we need.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:08 AM   #383
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
You're responding, so you clearly do.

I've also made arguments supporting both Keenum and even Siemian, and I don't care whether we go with Lynch or Kelly, or someone else who turns out to be better for the team. I'm a Bronco fan and I'll root for whoever is in there, so it's not about Lynch, it's about being honest about the facts of this situation.

An entire mythology has grown up about this dude that has utterly no facts to support it...he's lazy...he's playing video games all the time...he's so stupid he can't tie his own shoes....etc...and none of it has any basis in fact.

I'm arguing only one thing, that this team had better learn how to find a QB, and DEVELOP him, not throw **** against a wall and see what sticks. I have nothing against Kelly either, but the plain truth is, this fan base is currently rooting for a guy who for all we know may be emotionally or psychologically unstable simply because he's not Lynch.

I think that's nuts.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:16 AM   #384
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFox View Post
Well, there is a difference in drafting first round talent (and playing them), and moving up and drafting someone who is probably a 2nd round pick in the first round. Would people be making such a fuss if we picked a QB in the 2nd round and he didn't work out after two years?

I don't think so.. I think they traded up for someone who had raw physical traits. He had everything in the lower department.. not so much in the upper department. Think of him as a 2nd round talent, which he really probably was. If so, not so much of a loss. Just move on I think. I don't think he has the smarts or maturity to be the long term QB solution we need.
This is a good example of what I just said above. Maturity is the result of a process, and it's part of DEVELOPMENT. Intelligence is another matter, but there is no evidence for this idea that this guy is stupid...NONE. This idea continues being propagated in here unabated, and beyond vague references to poorly supported allegations that he's incapable of learning a playbook, what evidence do you have?

The fact that we moved up for him is irrelevant. We spent our first round draft capital on this guy, and as you said, he's got physical talent in spades, so before we foolishly toss him overboard, let's make sure we KNOW who he really is. That doesn't happen in four games, nor does it happen when you bring in a coaching staff that basically looks incompetent right now, and then judge the guy based on the results they achieved with him.

I'll wait till I see what Musgrave can do before I decide what Lynch is capable of...and the same goes for Kelly.

Last edited by footstepsfrom#27; 05-16-2018 at 05:20 AM..
Old 05-16-2018, 05:25 AM   #385
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
You think somebody's idea for a nickname matters? Most of you morons were jumping up and down with glee when this guy was drafted, and the idea you even WANTED a nickname for a guy who'd never taken an NFL snap speaks volumes about who the real dummies are here.

Assuming we move on from Lynch, this isn't over. The next heir apparent to take over for Manning/Osweiler/Siemian/Keenum will be along soon. It would be a good idea to figure out what is necessary to develop a QB, and hold this FO accountable for doing so rather than laying the blame at the feet of a player who was taken without the necessary foresight to know how to make him into an NFL player.

Or you could just wash/rinse/repeat this same bull**** all over again I guess.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:28 AM   #386
Johnny Football
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Paxton was extended every opportunity this past off-season to take the reins, but he wasn't talented enough to beat out a 7th round pic in Trevor Siemian. Paxton has shown zero progress to this point in his NFL career and it is worrying no doubt. I personally don't have much hope but I wouldn't throw him away just yet, it would be pointless to do so as no one will give up anything significant for him. My stance however is the same as when he was drafted, and that was that he was a 4th round prospect in my opinion on tape, and it was a terrible draft pick. I would agree that the coaching staff have not helped Lynch to this point, but the facts are the player cannot play, at least right now, and that falls on the player. I am more excited for the potential of Chad Kelly, on tape in my opinion Kelly is the better football player.
Johnny Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:13 AM   #387
Arkie
Ring of Famer

I remember Lynch was a project. He might have to sit a year. It might take him three years to reach his stride, but that doesnít mean he has to sit for three years. Heís a first round bust. Some scouts were saying he was the best QB in the draft and could start his first year.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:31 AM   #388
SoonerBronco
Rocket Man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wahoo McDaniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Wow...I just noticed something...Footsteps has 31,000 posts on this board over the last 13 years. That's about 6.5 posts a day. Let those analytics sink in.
SoonerBronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:39 AM   #389
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerBronco View Post
Wow...I just noticed something...Footsteps has 31,000 posts on this board over the last 13 years. That's about 6.5 posts a day. Let those analytics sink in.
About 400 billion words though.... Why take a few words to get you point across when 283434875634847 will do?
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:09 AM   #390
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
I'm guessing he didn't lose a lot of wrist weight.

A fit 210 is probably better than a flabby 230.
How do you survive in the NFL being that willowy? Seriously. I was bigger than this in H.S. ... and no I wasn't fat. I was on the 440 relay varsity track and a MLBer.

How do guy's like this not get killed?

Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 05-16-2018 at 08:12 AM..
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:38 AM   #391
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You think somebody's idea for a nickname matters? Most of you morons were jumping up and down with glee when this guy was drafted, and the idea you even WANTED a nickname for a guy who'd never taken an NFL snap speaks volumes about who the real dummies are here.

Assuming we move on from Lynch, this isn't over. The next heir apparent to take over for Manning/Osweiler/Siemian/Keenum will be along soon. It would be a good idea to figure out what is necessary to develop a QB, and hold this FO accountable for doing so rather than laying the blame at the feet of a player who was taken without the necessary foresight to know how to make him into an NFL player.

Or you could just wash/rinse/repeat this same bull**** all over again I guess.
Why do you just assume that the issue with Lynch is developmental rather than simply a wrong initial evaluation? In other words, maybe the dude just canít cut it. Iíve seen nothing from Lynch tonsuggest that any other coaching staff wouldíve been able to develop him into a quality QB.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:55 AM   #392
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerBronco View Post
Wow, that's way too many! What sort of loser would waste that much time here?!

Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:04 AM   #393
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Why do you just assume that the issue with Lynch is developmental rather than simply a wrong initial evaluation? In other words, maybe the dude just canít cut it. Iíve seen nothing from Lynch tonsuggest that any other coaching staff wouldíve been able to develop him into a quality QB.

It would appear many fans of rookie QB's seem to miss that the Coaching staff, each version, and the GM wanted Lynch to pan out. Our staff tried to get Lynch to succeed and couldn't find a reason to keep him on the field. They gave him time with the number ones and nothing happened. They didn't want him to lose to Siemian. They didn't want him to struggle when he played, and they didn't want him to get hurt. If he did anything to earn number 1 time, it would have happened.

The other part is FS is saying he's mad the fans "made it hard." Teams usually don't care what the fans think, they play who is better because they want to win. Also, re-read the above paragraph.

Telling a project they need to compete for a starting spot is not something that ruins egos. It's a job description. Lynch didn't fail because because fans made him feel bad. He lacked the discipline and mental state of mind to be a pro QB.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:11 AM   #394
Powderaddict
Couches - not even once!

Treasonous Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Devontae Booker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It would appear many fans of rookie QB's seem to miss that the Coaching staff, each version, and the GM wanted Lynch to pan out. Our staff tried to get Lynch to succeed and couldn't find a reason to keep him on the field. They gave him time with the number ones and nothing happened. They didn't want him to lose to Siemian. They didn't want him to struggle when he played, and they didn't want him to get hurt. If he did anything to earn number 1 time, it would have happened.

The other part is FS is saying he's mad the fans "made it hard." Teams usually don't care what the fans think, they play who is better because they want to win. Also, re-read the above paragraph.

Telling a project they need to compete for a starting spot is not something that ruins egos. It's a job description. Lynch didn't fail because because fans made him feel bad. He lacked the discipline and mental state of mind to be a pro QB.
I'd argue that any player that is so emotionally weak that they can't handle criticism from the fans lacks the basic make up to be a great QB.
Powderaddict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:14 AM   #395
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Memphis Belle came crashing down because he can't read good.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:17 AM   #396
delany
Uber Bronco

Lynch is not even close to dropping it right in the pickle barrel.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:14 PM   #397
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You want an example off a player who was a physical, but raw talent who succeeded? Demaryius Thomas.

2010 22 receptions 280 yards 2 TD's.
2011 32 receptions 551 yards 4 TD's.
2012 94 receptions 1434 yards 10 TD's.

THAT'S what it's supposed to look like. The player works hard, shows potential, the staff finds reasons to put them on the field, and the players takes advantage and grows.

For Lynch it's been downhill since he took over in Tampa Bay.
Little-known Peyton Manning effect.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:21 PM   #398
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post
OH NO!!! He's got the Beetus.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:49 PM   #399
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
OH NO!!! He's got the Beetus.
It's that damn TB12.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:53 PM   #400
BroncoSojia
Your 3x Champion

Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Memphis Belle came crashing down because he can't read good.

There should be a school specifically for that.......
BroncoSojia is online now   Reply With Quote