The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2017, 11:58 AM   #1
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer
 
Brohemoth's Avatar
 
Question everything

Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7,323

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default General NBA Thread - 2017-2018 Season

We were overdue for a new basketball thread and our hometown Nuggets are kicking off the 2017-18 season with fresh jerseys!




Brohemoth is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2017, 12:00 PM   #2
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,969
Default

Much better. Kinda looks like a mix of the Jazz and Grizzlies but dropping that sky blue makes the uniform look so much better.
IndelibleScribe is offline  
Old 08-09-2017, 12:01 PM   #3
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 26,045

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Woohoo!! Only 69 Days until the Suns ready themselves for another bottom 10 year and get ready to stack their young core.

Tomorrow i will find pics of the Suns new jerseys they are getting as well. I love the old school Nuggets stuff, but these are cool too.
ludo21 is offline  
Old 08-09-2017, 12:03 PM   #4
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Woohoo!! Only 69 Days until the Suns ready themselves for another bottom 10 year and get ready to stack their young core.

Tomorrow i will find pics of the Suns new jerseys they are getting as well. I love the old school Nuggets stuff, but these are cool too.
You assume Cleveland won't bend them over for Kyrie though. Which is admittedly unlikely.
IndelibleScribe is offline  
Old 08-09-2017, 12:05 PM   #5
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 26,045

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
You assume Cleveland won't bend them over for Kyrie though. Which is admittedly unlikely.
Im assuming that our Front Office is not willing to make a deal that messes with #TheTimeline if they have to deal Josh Jackson or cannot reach a deal with Kyrie long term
ludo21 is offline  
Old 08-09-2017, 12:10 PM   #6
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Im assuming that our Front Office is not willing to make a deal that messes with #TheTimeline if they have to deal Josh Jackson or cannot reach a deal with Kyrie long term
Suns should have a heck of a core if they develop Bender and Jackson to pair with Booker.
Booker, Bledsoe, Jackson, Bender is a nice core.

Whereas I have to wait to see if the Bulls will suck hard enough to get the top pick and land a franchise changing star so a core #1 OA, LaVine, Markkanen and Dunn is palatable.
IndelibleScribe is offline  
Old 08-09-2017, 12:12 PM   #7
maven
#happy
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,587
Default

Those are f'n awful...another dark blue jersey. And they're boring as hell to boot.
About the only thing interesting is did Denver get a jersey ad patch? Who is the sponsor?
maven is offline  
Old 08-09-2017, 12:19 PM   #8
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 26,045

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
Suns should have a heck of a core if they develop Bender and Jackson to pair with Booker.
Booker, Bledsoe, Jackson, Bender is a nice core.

Whereas I have to wait to see if the Bulls will suck hard enough to get the top pick and land a franchise changing star so a core #1 OA, LaVine, Markkanen and Dunn is palatable.
yaaaa that went downhill fast in Chicago it seems. I do like Lavine, and Dunn.. Mark... he is ok but not sure how he will fair for a couple seasons.
ludo21 is offline  
Old 08-09-2017, 12:40 PM   #9
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Those are f'n awful...another dark blue jersey. And they're boring as hell to boot.
About the only thing interesting is did Denver get a jersey ad patch? Who is the sponsor?
Western Union. They are based in Colorado.
IndelibleScribe is offline  
Old 08-09-2017, 03:08 PM   #10
maven
#happy
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
Western Union. They are based in Colorado.
Good to know.

Do you pay Gary Harris the max? That will be what's next.
maven is offline  
Old 08-09-2017, 03:33 PM   #11
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Good to know.

Do you pay Gary Harris the max? That will be what's next.
It's not a destination franchise so you have to keep the guys you develop. Too hard to gain young assets in the NBA to let him walk.
IndelibleScribe is offline  
Old 08-09-2017, 03:35 PM   #12
RepentWalpurgis
Ring of Famer
 
RepentWalpurgis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 10,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Woohoo!! Only 69 Days until the Suns ready themselves for another bottom 10 year and get ready to stack their young core.

Tomorrow i will find pics of the Suns new jerseys they are getting as well. I love the old school Nuggets stuff, but these are cool too.

Love Josh Jackson. Best player among the rookies, but L.A. will likely steal Rookie Of The Year.

I don't love the plain Jane Nugget unis. That's really the best they could do?
RepentWalpurgis is offline  
Old 08-09-2017, 03:51 PM   #13
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepentWalpurgis View Post
Love Josh Jackson. Best player among the rookies, but L.A. will likely steal Rookie Of The Year.

I don't love the plain Jane Nugget unis. That's really the best they could do?
I think they were trying to accomplish a more generic look that appealed to a more casual fan.
IndelibleScribe is offline  
Old 08-09-2017, 08:25 PM   #14
RhymesayersDU
Ring of Famer
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 
YNWA

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mile High City
Posts: 15,102

Adopt-a-Bronco:
M. Salah
Default

The rumor is the other 2 jerseys will be much better, more fun, whatever. Yeah I'm not keen on these 2 at all. Boring to the max.


Speaking of max, Harris is a stud and he will get paid.
RhymesayersDU is offline  
Old 08-09-2017, 08:26 PM   #15
ShaneFalco
Infamous
 
ShaneFalco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 17,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
We were overdue for a new basketball thread and our hometown Nuggets are kicking off the 2017-18 season with fresh jerseys!




can they change ownership along with jerseys?
ShaneFalco is offline  
Old 08-09-2017, 08:27 PM   #16
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer
 
GoneFishin''s Avatar
 
Longtime listener first time caller

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 7,624

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
We were overdue for a new basketball thread and our hometown Nuggets are kicking off the 2017-18 season with fresh jerseys!




Looks like the Indiana Pacers. Terrible.
GoneFishin' is offline  
Old 08-09-2017, 08:41 PM   #17
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,156
Default

denver pacers

they look fine but I don't live in indiana
extralife is offline  
Old 08-09-2017, 10:08 PM   #18
serious hops
Developmental poster
 
serious hops's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 303
Posts: 654

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Kuper
Default

Yea, those are super lame. There's nothing more boring than another indistinguishable navy jersey. Eff you, Nike!
serious hops is offline  
Old 08-09-2017, 10:51 PM   #19
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
The rumor is the other 2 jerseys will be much better, more fun, whatever. Yeah I'm not keen on these 2 at all. Boring to the max.


Speaking of max, Harris is a stud and he will get paid.
We traded Gary Harris and Jusuf Nurkic(the 2 players I wanted in that draft)for Doug McDermott. *shudders*
IndelibleScribe is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 12:45 AM   #20
LongDongJohnson
CUCK
 
LongDongJohnson's Avatar
 
CUCK

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: CUCK
Posts: 3,481

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CUCK
Default

Life as a wizards fan sucks. Crappy GM and we're constantly in nba purgatory.

Too good for good draft picks, not good enough to win the east.
LongDongJohnson is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 01:34 AM   #21
maven
#happy
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
Life as a wizards fan sucks. Crappy GM and we're constantly in nba purgatory.

Too good for good draft picks, not good enough to win the east.
If there was no Lebron James, you guys can get there.

If I was a Bullets fan, i'd take it year by year.
maven is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 01:36 AM   #22
maven
#happy
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
It's not a destination franchise so you have to keep the guys you develop. Too hard to gain young assets in the NBA to let him walk.
Lets see how he produces this year. You don't throw the max at avg/good starters.
maven is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 01:43 AM   #23
maven
#happy
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
The rumor is the other 2 jerseys will be much better, more fun, whatever. Yeah I'm not keen on these 2 at all. Boring to the max.


Speaking of max, Harris is a stud and he will get paid.
I wouldn't say stud, but he's an improving player. Need to see another year out of him, and if that not sure he's worth the MAX.



Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post
Looks like the Indiana Pacers. Terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
denver pacers

they look fine but I don't live in indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious hops View Post
Yea, those are super lame. There's nothing more boring than another indistinguishable navy jersey. Eff you, Nike!
It's really all there is to it. The jersey is awful. Nuggets have a problem with their logo(pitch fork) that doesn't represent anything interesting and/or nobody cares.

The alternates should be better as they can't be any worse.
maven is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 11:00 AM   #24
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Lets see how he produces this year. You don't throw the max at avg/good starters.
In this current era of the NBA, unfortunately you have to.
But Harris is a stud. Harris, Jokic, Murray are going to be a nice core. They just need Mudiay to get his head out of his ass.
IndelibleScribe is offline  
Old 08-10-2017, 11:03 AM   #25
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 26,045

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

T Wolves dropped a new jersey and the Suns ones are also dropping soon.
ludo21 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:19 AM.


Denver Broncos