The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2018, 09:21 AM   #251
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 32,282

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
The other two trustees were likely picked by Ellis when he originally set up the trust for an already diminished Bowlen, so I don't see them countering him in any way. Quite the opposite.
Now we're just layering speculation on speculation.

All to justify that somehow the woman who grew up away from the Broncos is automatically a better choice than the one who was brought up in it.

I'd rather see some evidence that a Canadian showed some strong interest in an American Football franchise sometime before she found out she might have a good shot of inheriting one.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:45 AM   #252
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 34,399

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Now we're just layering speculation on speculation.

All to justify that somehow the woman who grew up away from the Broncos is automatically a better choice than the one who was brought up in it.

I'd rather see some evidence that a Canadian showed some strong interest in an American Football franchise sometime before she found out she might have a good shot of inheriting one.
You think it's layering speculation on speculation to say that Ellis likely set up the trust for Bowlen in 2015, given that we know Bowlen's disease was already fairly advanced by then and we know he relied heavily on Ellis? Come on man...
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:53 AM   #253
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 32,282

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
You think it's layering speculation on speculation to say that Ellis likely set up the trust for Bowlen in 2015, given that we know Bowlen's disease was already fairly advanced by then and we know he relied heavily on Ellis? Come on man...
At a time when Brittany was already enrolled in the NFL's internship program after having graduated from Notre Dame.

Occam's Razor simply suggests that Brittany had always been assumed the most likely recipient (after John flamed out), but the trust was given some flexibility in case that assumption didn't pan out in the end.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:30 AM   #254
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 34,399

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
At a time when Brittany was already enrolled in the NFL's internship program after having graduated from Notre Dame.

Occam's Razor simply suggests that Brittany had always been assumed the most likely recipient (after John flamed out), but the trust was given some flexibility in case that assumption didn't pan out in the end.
No, Occam's Razor suggests that the guy who would almost certainly lose his job if Beth became the owner doesn't want Beth to become the owner because he wants to keep his job.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:31 AM   #255
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 32,282

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
No, Occam's Razor suggests that the guy who would almost certainly lose his job if Beth became the owner doesn't want Beth to become the owner because he wants to keep his job.
But assuming he was running everything all along, as you suggest, why would he have assumed any differently of Beth than he would have Brittany?
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:47 PM   #256
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
The problem is that it's a slick way of stacking the deck in favor of one person, and sabotaging another person. If my father's company was being temporarily run by somebody who is not blood, I'd be pissed off if that person was excluding me from my birthright. Anybody would be pissed. And anybody would take that person to court.

Beth isn't entitled to the position, but she is certainly entitled to the opportunity to obtain the position, and the opportunity to strengthen her resume to obtain the position because she is one of the seven children. The trust shouldn't stand in the way of that. Brittany looks like the rising star, and will probably be the best bet to get the position, but that shouldn't stop any of the other six from pursuing the position. The trust should not stand in anybody's way. They shouldn't affect the process of anybody becoming qualified, and I'd say that if they are, that's where a good lawyer could challenge this.

I'm in no way TeamBeth, and Brittany really seems like the right one to choose, but the trust seems like they're really being slick here. The question is if they are overstepping their boundaries and sabotaging one of the children. I'm no lawyer and don't have all the details so I can't really answer that. But this really doesn't look right. That's what the problem is.
You think they should just give Beth a senior management position for 5 years, so she "qualifies"? They were already being nice by giving her a low level position for 3 years, when her only qualification was wedding planner. Her moves have been calculated the whole time. She should just take her 10%, and go back to doing what she was doing pre-2014.


It's in the job description of the Trust, to pick a winner (if there is one). I appreciate that they're being choosy.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:56 PM   #257
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Now we're just layering speculation on speculation.

All to justify that somehow the woman who grew up away from the Broncos is automatically a better choice than the one who was brought up in it.

I'd rather see some evidence that a Canadian showed some strong interest in an American Football franchise sometime before she found out she might have a good shot of inheriting one.
All 7 kids were always going to get even shares. Beth just wants control for some strange reason. Pretty funny that she got a law degree, specifically to try to get qualified, and still hasn't taken it to court yet.

That should tell you a lot about her competence, or lack thereof.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:00 PM   #258
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 32,282

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
All 7 kids were always going to get even shares. Beth just wants control for some strange reason. Pretty funny that she got a law degree, specifically to try to get qualified, and still hasn't taken it to court yet.

That should tell you a lot about her competence, or lack thereof.
Well I think she had to go down this road before she could really try to build a case.

Suing before asking wouldn't really be a good look in court.

It's possible she's being illegitimately shut out. But it's also possible (moreso IMHO) she wasn't nearly as interested in the family business until it occurred to her she might have the chance to take control of it.

In which case the trustees could have a legitimate interest in the candidate who displayed a more organic interest in the job.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:06 PM   #259
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 18,484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
You think they should just give Beth a senior management position for 5 years, so she "qualifies"? They were already being nice by giving her a low level position for 3 years, when her only qualification was wedding planner. Her moves have been calculated the whole time. She should just take her 10%, and go back to doing what she was doing pre-2014.


It's in the job description of the Trust, to pick a winner (if there is one). I appreciate that they're being choosy.
Do you have some inside information that the rest of us do not have? It's like, most people in this thread are presenting their point of view as speculation based on limited information. You seem to be presenting your point of view as fact.

DMac on The Fan does that all the time. He fills in the blanks with his opinion and then acts like he knows what's going on.

If you know more than the rest of us, then I'll take your word for it. But if you're drawing conclusions from the few articles that are floating around, then there's a good chance that you're off the mark. I don't think anybody can really figure this out based on the limited information that's been reported.
Jason in LA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:10 PM   #260
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Well I think she had to go down this road before she could really try to build a case.

Suing before asking wouldn't really be a good look in court.

It's possible she's being illegitimately shut out. But it's also possible (moreso IMHO) she wasn't nearly as interested in the family business until it occurred to her she might have the chance to take control of it.

In which case the trustees could have a legitimate interest in the candidate who displayed a more organic interest in the job.
She knew the Trust's position back in 2015 when she was fired. Seems strange for her to try to build her case through Dmac and Jhabvala. Broncos fans don't want a hostile takeover. She's not endearing herself to anybody, if that's her goal. If she had a legitimate claim, there would be no need for her to go through media.

She sounds to me like she feels abandoned by her father. Probably a lifelong problem for her. But she's getting like $260M, so just take it and go.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:13 PM   #261
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Do you have some inside information that the rest of us do not have? It's like, most people in this thread are presenting their point of view as speculation based on limited information. You seem to be presenting your point of view as fact.

DMac on The Fan does that all the time. He fills in the blanks with his opinion and then acts like he knows what's going on.

If you know more than the rest of us, then I'll take your word for it. But if you're drawing conclusions from the few articles that are floating around, then there's a good chance that you're off the mark. I don't think anybody can really figure this out based on the limited information that's been reported.
My opinion is that she has no legal standing. Other people's opinion is that she does. I bet I'm right. That's my opinion, based on the facts that are available to all of us.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:06 PM.


Denver Broncos