The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2017, 04:30 PM   #51
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
After five fumbles -- two lost , including the first punt he tried to field in Sunday night's loss to New England -- Broncos rookie Isaiah McKenzie is formally out of the mix in the return game. Coach Vance Joseph said Wednesday Jordan Taylor will return punts Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals and running back Devontae Booker will continue to return kickoffs. Taylor had one fair catch on a punt last season.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=2...215170449845-4
But only 2 Turnovers! He is as good as Tyreek I was told.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:33 PM   #52
Bronx33
Douche Mod

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I think the guy had potential not sure if it was tyreek potential but the fumbles ruined that anyways.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:01 PM   #53
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Remember after the second day of the draft, everyone here was proverbially grinning, slapping each other on the back, and saying, "Well, we're clearly tired of sucking at returning kicks. These guys are all great returners!"

DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:13 PM   #54
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The same reason guys like Norwood, Davis, Siemian, Garcia, Schofield, Green, Heuerman, Fowler, and Stephenson keep/kept getting chances. Denver is a trash heap nowadays.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:27 PM   #55
uplink
Ring of Famer

Just having no one back to field the punt is better than having McKenzie there.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:36 PM   #56
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Here some good ones from a couple weeks ago:

Quote:
... Like still sending McKenzie out there to field punts when his ball security issues are obvious to anyone paying attention. ...
Quote:
He has been a liability all year. He fields more punts that he shouldn't that anyone and isn't getting any better. **** him.
Quote:
What are you talking about. He has been a huge risk for turnovers. He has made several risky catches in traffic that he has got away with. It was quite obvious it was going to start costing the team. The guy wasn't exactly Trindon Holliday.
Quote:
Lol, you tried to argued with me about McKenzie a couple weeks ago. I said he was a turnover waiting to happen. They showed a stat last night that he had 4 fumbles before this game. As I said before, he sucks. Yes, he's quick, and if he has a of open field he can be dangerous. But he's just not good enough to be worth the risk. Stupid draft pick. He's just too small and not physical enough.
Quote:
You can dodge the issue all you want, but 4 fumbles in 6 games from a punt returner is far too many. He sucks. He's averaging 2/3 fumbles per game. Unless he's able to produce on offense then he's a waste of a roster spot. At 5-7 170 I think him ever being much of a contributor is unlikely. He's a less explosive Trindon Holliday.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote