The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2017, 08:42 AM   #1
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

Default All in with Lynch

We have come full circle. I will first admit I am a Trevor fan. He is the kind of guy I like to root for, I wanted to see him succeed. That said, he simply is in over his head.

I saw this before when we had Kyle Orton as the QB. During his time as QB our OL struggled to protect him. He had two left feet and was susceptible to the pass rush, especially up the middle. We had an athletic QB waiting. The knock on him was his first instinct was to run and he couldn’t read a defense and wasn’t very accurate. He entered the game and suddenly the team was able to run the ball. He did have accuracy issues, but the team coordinated around his short comings by committing to the run. What was probably a suck for Luck campaign turned into an improbable playoff team.

So here we are today with a QB who is struggling badly, turning the ball over at an alarming rate. We have a young QB with great athletic ability, but can’t read a defense and has accuracy problems. This time around though, we have a championship defense. It is time to go all in on Paxton Lynch and commit to a style of offense that can put him and this team in a position to succeed. While the future looks bleak, it is certainly bleak if a change is not made. That said, with 4 losses and a schedule that eases up after the next two games…it is time to make the change.

A change could land this team at 10-6 and in the playoffs. No change and you are probably 6-10 and picking in the top 10.

Trevor won the job because he was better at reading the defense and working his progressions. That’s gone now. So you may as well move on to the athletic guy who’s instinct to run has the chance of making plays.

Last edited by bronco_diesel; 10-31-2017 at 08:49 AM..
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2017, 08:44 AM   #2
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Is he even healthy yet?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:45 AM   #3
orange crusher
Predominately Orange

Mile High No Fly

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat

So you think theyíre going to go 7-2 with Lynch? Did you miss the preseason?
orange crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:45 AM   #4
OABB
Internet Warrior

Battle tested.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

Agree 100%
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:46 AM   #5
OmegaBronco13
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm not a Tebow fan...but Lynch is no Tebow.
OmegaBronco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:47 AM   #6
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange crusher View Post
So you think theyíre going to go 7-2 with Lynch? Did you miss the preseason?
No, I said that is best case scenario. I just don't see TS being the "best chance to win" anymore.

We have a championship D, and if we can commit to a style of offense we did with TT, I do think we can go on a run. The next two are probably losses, but everything after that is winnable.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:52 AM   #7
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post
I'm not a Tebow fan...but Lynch is no Tebow.
He's probably better than Tebow.

The best thing that could ever have happened to Tebow happened. Have some weird quirky season where everyone will forget about his faults, that one hero game where the defense respected him so little they were in cover-0, and then get traded away.

He was so much fun to watch. 2011 is a top five broncos season for me, easily. But he was a really bad QB.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:54 AM   #8
orange crusher
Predominately Orange

Mile High No Fly

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco_diesel View Post
No, I said that is best case scenario. I just don't see TS being the "best chance to win" anymore.

We have a championship D, and if we can commit to a style of offense we did with TT, I do think we can go on a run. The next two are probably losses, but everything after that is winnable.
Oh, I agree that Siemian doesnít give them the best chance to win at this point. Sadly, I donít think Lynch does either. I really donít think itís about best chance to win right now but more about seeing if Lynch can show that he has the potential to be that guy in the future. I think Brock actually gives them the best chance to win now but he obviously isnít in their future plans and was just brought in as an emergency qb.
orange crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:57 AM   #9
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Nothing to lose by playing Lynch. This team isn't going to playoffs so might as well see if there's anything to salvage with him. If not, QB acquisition becomes Elway's #1 offseason priority.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:57 AM   #10
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Nothing to lose by playing Lynch. This team isn't going to playoffs so might as well see if there's anything to salvage with him. If not, QB acquisition becomes Elway's #1 offseason priority.
I want Rosen... but really just because he's Jewish.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:58 AM   #11
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Is he even healthy yet?
One article I read said that he practiced last week, but he wasn't activated because he wouldn't be ready to succeed if put in the game on only a few practices. So I'm figuring that he is healthy and just needs some reps.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:59 AM   #12
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...threegame-skid

Quote:
Rapoport added Brock Osweiler could get the first crack since Paxton Lynch has practiced just three times after sitting out the start of the season with a shoulder injury.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:59 AM   #13
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco_diesel View Post
We have come full circle. I will first admit I am a Trevor fan. He is the kind of guy I like to root for, I wanted to see him succeed. That said, he simply is in over his head.

I saw this before when we had Kyle Orton as the QB. During his time as QB our OL struggled to protect him. He had two left feet and was susceptible to the pass rush, especially up the middle. We had an athletic QB waiting. The knock on him was his first instinct was to run and he couldnít read a defense and wasnít very accurate. He entered the game and suddenly the team was able to run the ball. He did have accuracy issues, but the team coordinated around his short comings by committing to the run. What was probably a suck for Luck campaign turned into an improbable playoff team.

So here we are today with a QB who is struggling badly, turning the ball over at an alarming rate. We have a young QB with great athletic ability, but canít read a defense and has accuracy problems. This time around though, we have a championship defense. It is time to go all in on Paxton Lynch and commit to a style of offense that can put him and this team in a position to succeed. While the future looks bleak, it is certainly bleak if a change is not made. That said, with 4 losses and a schedule that eases up after the next two gamesÖit is time to make the change.

A change could land this team at 10-6 and in the playoffs. No change and you are probably 6-10 and picking in the top 10.

Trevor won the job because he was better at reading the defense and working his progressions. Thatís gone now. So you may as well move on to the athletic guy whoís instinct to run has the chance of making plays.
Are you really the guy in your avi?!?! I mean, WTF, man.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:01 AM   #14
BroncoFox
Cheervixen

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

I hope I am terribly wrong, but I can't see Lynch coming in and beating the Eagles.. the Pats.. etc. I mean.. it would be really great, but from what we have seen so far out of Lynch, not sure he will fare much better than Siemian. Might be better than Siemian at the end of the day, but he is still very raw, with very little playing time.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:01 AM   #15
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
One article I read said that he practiced last week, but he wasn't activated because he wouldn't be ready to succeed if put in the game on only a few practices. So I'm figuring that he is healthy and just needs some reps.
I dunno. Considering where Paxton was in the PS.. and if he's only JUST starting to take snaps now? Eh, maybe being simple jack will help him. Just make him learn like 5 pass plays and know em well.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:02 AM   #16
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange crusher View Post
Oh, I agree that Siemian doesnít give them the best chance to win at this point. Sadly, I donít think Lynch does either. I really donít think itís about best chance to win right now but more about seeing if Lynch can show that he has the potential to be that guy in the future. I think Brock actually gives them the best chance to win now but he obviously isnít in their future plans and was just brought in as an emergency qb.
Lynch might not either, I agree. And you are right, you get to see what he has. If he sucks we are in position to to draft a QB. If he plays well, there is an outside chance they can turn this ship around. It sinks if no changes are made.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:03 AM   #17
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Cecil commented on this. Said Rappaport's reasoning was lack of exposure to this offense. He is overlooking training camp.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:03 AM   #18
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

I'm wondering if Lynch was healthy this whole time, if the switch would have been made before this. When the switch to Brock wasn't made, I figured that he may have only been brought in as a back up only. They may have never considered him as a potential starter, which I'm okay with.

Lynch needs to get these 9 starts, no matter what happens. They invested 21 starts in Siemian, a 7th round pick who never really had the talent to be a starter. 21 starts!!!! And their first round pick, who actually does have the talent (even though he has never come close to living up to it), two starts. That's crazy. I understand that they had to manage a situation that wasn't ideal, but it's still crazy that Siemian was given a season and a half before the plug was pulled.

Give Lynch these 9 games and make a decision on him after the season. Siemian should never be in the running for the starting position again. If he's on the roster heading into next training camp, he should be competing for a back up spot only. If Lynch plays at least decent over these 9 games, the job should be his heading into next year. No QB competition. If he sucks, then the job should be whatever QB they bring in over the offseason to be the starter.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:04 AM   #19
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Are you really the guy in your avi?!?! I mean, WTF, man.
What's your solution then?
Old 10-31-2017, 09:05 AM   #20
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I'm wondering if Lynch was healthy this whole time, if the switch would have been made before this. When the switch to Brock wasn't made, I figured that he may have only been brought in as a back up only. They may have never considered him as a potential starter, which I'm okay with.

Lynch needs to get these 9 starts, no matter what happens. They invested 21 starts in Siemian, a 7th round pick who never really had the talent to be a starter. 21 starts!!!! And their first round pick, who actually does have the talent (even though he has never come close to living up to it), two starts. That's crazy. I understand that they had to manage a situation that wasn't ideal, but it's still crazy that Siemian was given a season and a half before the plug was pulled.

Give Lynch these 9 games and make a decision on him after the season. Siemian should never be in the running for the starting position again. If he's on the roster heading into next training camp, he should be competing for a back up spot only. If Lynch plays at least decent over these 9 games, the job should be his heading into next year. No QB competition. If he sucks, then the job should be whatever QB they bring in over the offseason to be the starter.
I assume he woulda been replaced if he's healthy. My issue with Lynch is... he was terrible and lost in the PS and couldn't throw till last week. Maybe that will be like hitting the reset button for him (because he was mentally overwhelmed). Who knows.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:05 AM   #21
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:

So you want VJ to start Paxil in PHIL next week.
That's gonna be serious game film to study right there.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:06 AM   #22
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I dunno. Considering where Paxton was in the PS.. and if he's only JUST starting to take snaps now? Eh, maybe being simple jack will help him. Just make him learn like 5 pass plays and know em well.
That's the disappointing part about Lynch's injury. He wasn't able to spend the last 10 or so weeks developing. But they still have to go with him if he's healthy. Brock would be a waste of time.

Last edited by Jason in LA; 10-31-2017 at 09:08 AM..
Old 10-31-2017, 09:07 AM   #23
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFox View Post
I hope I am terribly wrong, but I can't see Lynch coming in and beating the Eagles.. the Pats.. etc.
You're not terribly wrong.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:07 AM   #24
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Lynch isn't the answer. I guarantee you he took zero notes during his downtime. Probably binge watched Netflix. It's going to be Brock if anything else. It's all worse though. They'll make a change, you'll all be filled with hope, and then three series later we'll look the same or somehow worse in new ways, and you'll realize there is no escape. Only slow death.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:08 AM   #25
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
So you want VJ to start Paxil in PHIL next week.
That's gonna be serious game film to study right there.
What's the alternative? Start Siemian again? Start Brock? All bad options. There is no good option. Starting Siemian again is just dumb, they shouldn't waste anymore time on Brock, and they have to find out what they have in Lynch so they can move on from him if needed at the end of the season. Starting Lynch isn't to save the season, because it's pretty much lost at this point.