The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2017, 12:07 PM   #151
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,234

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
I could see Kanter opting in next summer as there's no money available

McBuckets with the $4.5 million qualifying offer
Unless mcbuckets lights it up I don't see it. And if Kanter buys in fine, continue the suck so we can keep drafting young talent. Then in 2-3 years we'll have KP, filthy frank, 2 high picks and a load of cap space.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 12:08 PM   #152
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,234

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Lol at calling him a bum



This **** is crazy
It was an amazing tweet
SonOfLe-loLang is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 12:08 PM   #153
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,269

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Melo will accept a non-ISO role, and the Olympics proves he can thrive doing so. He's mostly had crappy teammates in his career.
Huh? He was on some very very good Nuggets teams. He had AI still damn near his prime for a teammate (1st and 3rd highest scorers in the league). AI adapted and had one of his best seasons dishing the ball but Melo continued to play ISO. Thinking he will become Olympic Melo makes you sound like the Nuggets after 08 and 12 and the Knicks after 16. Ain't gonna happen.
Johnykbr is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 12:09 PM   #154
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 18,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team.Stephen Curry is hesitating,therefore invitation is withdrawn!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/911572182060453893">September 23, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">U bum <a href="https://twitter.com/StephenCurry30">@StephenCurry30</a> already said he ain't going! So therefore ain't no invite. Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!</p>&mdash; LeBron James (@KingJames) <a href="https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/911610455877021697">September 23, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

what a time to be alive...
Yep, this is crazy.
Jason in LA is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 12:13 PM   #155
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,234

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Yep, this is crazy.
Lol look how many times it's been retweeted. Lol.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 12:29 PM   #156
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
3-13 please

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 11,253
Default

What examples kids have now. Adults acting like 5 yr olds props.
NFLBRONCO is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 12:35 PM   #157
maven
#happy
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Unless mcbuckets lights it up I don't see it. And if Kanter buys in fine, continue the suck so we can keep drafting young talent. Then in 2-3 years we'll have KP, filthy frank, 2 high picks and a load of cap space.
Yep. Knicks are building the right way now. Now if they can find someone to take Noah...

Just shows how awful Phil Jackson was as a GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
What examples kids have now. Adults acting like 5 yr olds props.
Maybe that guy in the white house should, i dunno....act presidential?
maven is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 12:38 PM   #158
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,234

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Yep. Knicks are building the right way now. Now if they can find someone to take Noah...

Just shows how awful Phil Jackson was as a GM



Maybe that guy in the white house should, i dunno....act presidential?
I know right? What a thought. I can't wait till this nightmare is over
SonOfLe-loLang is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 12:39 PM   #159
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
3-13 please

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 11,253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Yep. Knicks are building the right way now. Now if they can find someone to take Noah...

Just shows how awful Phil Jackson was as a GM



Maybe that guy in the white house should, i dunno....act presidential?
All the above
NFLBRONCO is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 12:51 PM   #160
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 18,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Lol look how many times it's been retweeted. Lol.
LeBron is more popular than Trump. lol
Jason in LA is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 12:58 PM   #161
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer
 
Brohemoth's Avatar
 
Question everything

Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7,184

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
What examples kids have now. Adults acting like 5 yr olds props.
The more kids see the better IMO. The smart ones will recognize right from wrong. The corporate world is full of people like Trump and they can often influence your career. Kids should not only expect people like that but know how to interact with them.

When you raise kids to think the world is fair and predictable then they feel wronged, overwhelmed, and confused when the opposite happens. Whatever you feel strongest about, there is always somebody out there who feels the exact opposite. And in American politics, there are many.

Last edited by Brohemoth; 09-23-2017 at 01:02 PM..
Brohemoth is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 01:06 PM   #162
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,269

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
LeBron is more popular than Trump. lol
I don't think that's really saying everything. I think it's safe to say most kids would rather follow an athlete, musician, or movie star.

I think all athletes should be pretty psyched to go to the White House but it's pretty stupid to be called out when they don't.
Johnykbr is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 02:48 PM   #163
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 17,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Huh? He was on some very very good Nuggets teams. He had AI still damn near his prime for a teammate (1st and 3rd highest scorers in the league). AI adapted and had one of his best seasons dishing the ball but Melo continued to play ISO. Thinking he will become Olympic Melo makes you sound like the Nuggets after 08 and 12 and the Knicks after 16. Ain't gonna happen.
Yeah, when Nuggs had half way decent talent around Melo they were good. Name someone other than AI who was a George/Russ compliment. You can't.
BroncoInferno is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 02:50 PM   #164
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 17,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
The more kids see the better IMO. The smart ones will recognize right from wrong. The corporate world is full of people like Trump and they can often influence your career. Kids should not only expect people like that but know how to interact with them.

When you raise kids to think the world is fair and predictable then they feel wronged, overwhelmed, and confused when the opposite happens. Whatever you feel strongest about, there is always somebody out there who feels the exact opposite. And in American politics, there are many.
No one is as thin skinned as Trump. That's a laugh.
BroncoInferno is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 02:51 PM   #165
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,234

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
I don't think that's really saying everything. I think it's safe to say most kids would rather follow an athlete, musician, or movie star.

I think all athletes should be pretty psyched to go to the White House but it's pretty stupid to be called out when they don't.
Majority of Twitter is used by people 30+. FWIW
SonOfLe-loLang is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 02:53 PM   #166
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 34,425
Default

And it's not just the NBA.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Now it's the <a href="https://twitter.com/UNC">@UNC</a> basketball championship team not visiting <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump">@realdonaldtrump</a> White House <a href="https://t.co/vpkLUwZwZ7">https://t.co/vpkLUwZwZ7</a></p>&mdash; Adam Bell (@abell) <a href="https://twitter.com/abell/status/911658845830877184">September 23, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
TonyR is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 02:53 PM   #167
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer
 
Brohemoth's Avatar
 
Question everything

Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7,184

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
No one is as thin skinned as Trump. That's a laugh.
Ahem, strafen.
Brohemoth is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 03:01 PM   #168
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 34,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
The corporate world is full of people like Trump...
Well, I get what you're trying to say but the massive difference is that corporate leaders are accountable to their boards of directors and shareholders and therefore can't act like idiots and say stupid things the way Trump does. If they say that stuff it's done behind closed doors because you can't get away with that stuff publicly in the corporate world. You have to be civilized and politically correct.
TonyR is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 03:08 PM   #169
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,234

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Well, I get what you're trying to say but the massive difference is that corporate leaders are accountable to their boards of directors and shareholders and therefore can't act like idiots and say stupid things the way Trump does. If they say that stuff it's done behind closed doors because you can't get away with that stuff publicly in the corporate world. You have to be civilized and politically correct.
And just not a ****ing mean idiot. Frankly I'm just sick of this. There's no governing going on. There's people in government trying to work around this madmen who can't help but pick fights. He has no intellectual curiosity or capacity. He's not even the same dude he was two years ago. He can barely finish sentences, he can't be bothered to read anything, and literally the only thing he cares about is "winning" and how people perceive him. What he's done to poison the media is a ****ing disgrace. It's what Hitler did. He's the world's biggest piece of ****
SonOfLe-loLang is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 03:25 PM   #170
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 18,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Majority of Twitter is used by people 30+. FWIW
I believe that's true for Facebook too.
Jason in LA is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 04:08 PM   #171
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer
 
GoneFishin''s Avatar
 
Longtime listener first time caller

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 7,463

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">good lord the Western Conference is gonna be nuts <a href="https://t.co/SbZ4X86RIM">pic.twitter.com/SbZ4X86RIM</a></p>&mdash; Quixem Ramirez (@quixem) <a href="https://twitter.com/quixem/status/911679191799746565">September 23, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
GoneFishin' is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 04:21 PM   #172
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,234

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">good lord the Western Conference is gonna be nuts <a href="https://t.co/SbZ4X86RIM">pic.twitter.com/SbZ4X86RIM</a></p>&mdash; Quixem Ramirez (@quixem) <a href="https://twitter.com/quixem/status/911679191799746565">September 23, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
The east all star team next year is gonna be like LeBron, giannis, and the celtics
SonOfLe-loLang is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 04:24 PM   #173
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer
 
ShaneFalco's Avatar
 
TeamSwag

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 16,585

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
what a time to be offended...
ShaneFalco is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 06:53 PM   #174
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team.Stephen Curry is hesitating,therefore invitation is withdrawn!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/911572182060453893">September 23, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">U bum <a href="https://twitter.com/StephenCurry30">@StephenCurry30</a> already said he ain't going! So therefore ain't no invite. Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!</p>&mdash; LeBron James (@KingJames) <a href="https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/911610455877021697">September 23, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

what a time to be alive...
It's awesome. I agree with Reggie Bush.
IndelibleScribe is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 07:15 PM   #175
TD4HOF
Ring of Famer
 
TD4HOF's Avatar
 
He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,790

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny Walker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Lol at calling him a bum



This **** is crazy
It's gonna be a slow type burn but that's going down in history right along with "I ain't got no quarrel with the Vietcong" and the Mexico City medal ceremony.
TD4HOF is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:34 AM.


Denver Broncos