The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2017, 02:12 PM   #51
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Absolutely shocked my pair weren't yanked after reading about some people's situations that were.

This is a creation of the NFL. Wanted to compete with StubHub and the other secondary marke brokers- create the TicketExchange. People use the TicketExchange, 0 incentive to give up your seats if you can't use them as long as selling them pay for next season's tickets. Less people on the season ticket list get the ability to buy each year, complain to the teams. The teams yank seats from people who are doing what the League encouraged them to do.
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:19 PM   #52
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Also- curious what a team would do if someone didn't attend a game (or games) out of protest.
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:11 PM   #53
ChampJesusBailey
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I don't see an issue with this so long as any errors are fixed. There are 75k people on the waiting list, if people with tickets are selling most of them then move them out and let someone else have a shot.

Guy who posted in this thread didn't go to a single game. So let someone else have his tickets. The dude in the news video gets 4 tickets to every game but only uses two and even then he only goes to a handful of the games. So he sells roughly 60-75% of his tickets, why should he continue getting tickets over the 75k on the waiting list?
ChampJesusBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 05:28 PM   #54
RunSilentRunDeep
Ring of Famer

Bring the pain

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Two points:

1) Teams aren't taking 10%, they're taking 20% since the buyer has to pay a 10% commission as well as fees.

2) Popular teams like the Broncos should be so naive to think that the waiting list isn't chock full of ticket brokers.
RunSilentRunDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:13 PM   #55
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Just tweeted Patrick smyth telling him they were playing too hard ball with some of you. This was his response to me:

@mrhoffman02 Thx, Dave. We understand there may be special circumstances, inc. personal health. Fans should email tickets@broncos.nfl.net.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:36 PM   #56
RMT
Rocky Mountain Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Just tweeted Patrick smyth telling him they were playing too hard ball with some of you. This was his response to me:

@mrhoffman02 Thx, Dave. We understand there may be special circumstances, inc. personal health. Fans should email tickets@broncos.nfl.net.
The Broncos should have thought of that before they went overboard in the first place.
RMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:02 AM   #57
Bronx33
Douche Mod

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post

Just email a sob story about your house burning down ( simple )
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:15 AM   #58
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampJesusBailey View Post
I don't see an issue with this so long as any errors are fixed. There are 75k people on the waiting list, if people with tickets are selling most of them then move them out and let someone else have a shot.

Guy who posted in this thread didn't go to a single game. So let someone else have his tickets. The dude in the news video gets 4 tickets to every game but only uses two and even then he only goes to a handful of the games. So he sells roughly 60-75% of his tickets, why should he continue getting tickets over the 75k on the waiting list?
There isn't enough market for ticket holders who can afford to personally drop 6 or 7 grand a year attending games. The wait list would be gone in a year or two if attending every game were truly the expectation.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:54 AM   #59
69bronco
Ring of Famer

Damn 40 years and then they send out the chicken **** letter without any other communication, that sucks..
69bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:07 AM   #60
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Here come the personal seat licenses.

Cracking down on the brokers is one thing, but what a crock of chit for the regular people that had their tickets taken.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:45 AM   #61
D.B.
Paradigm Coordinator

Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWill

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
So is there a way to check where you are on the waiting list for season tickets?
Heres my contact: Alexandria.Farmer-Waters@broncos.nfl.net
She's always responsive.

I've been in the mid 900s on the waitlist the last few years. Last year I actually went backwards. Military that get deployed can claim their tix when they come home if their number comes up while gone.

There has been very little movement the last few years, and last year there was none. Maybe that is part of this initiative. Also, since they didn't raise prices this year its politically viable. They don't look greedy.

Last edited by D.B.; 03-13-2017 at 07:49 AM..
D.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:48 AM   #62
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.B. View Post
She's always responsive.

I've been in the mid 900s on the waitlist the last few years. Last year I actually went backwards. Military that get deployed can claim their tix when they come home if their number comes up while gone.

There has been very little movement the last few years, and last year there was none. Maybe that is part of this initiative.
There was going to be more movement this year regardless (no playoffs, bigger about next year) But this will make it much more significant.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:50 AM   #63
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
Here come the personal seat licenses.

Cracking down on the brokers is one thing, but what a crock of chit for the regular people that had their tickets taken.
They should've looked at prior years at least to see if this year was an anomaly or closer to the norm.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:59 AM   #64
ak1971
uhhhh

It's just a money grab by the Broncos. Why should they care who has the seats (they are paid for) If they can get them back in their pool they can do with them what they want and make more $$$(Sell them to brokers, on the exchange themselves). I highly doubt all of those will be put back as season tickets, although there is no way to prove it. But it's thier policy or lack thereof so whatever I guess....
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:16 AM   #65
Natedogg
1st Amendment Protection

Mile High.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Travis Henry

Quote:
She's always responsive.

There has been very little movement the last few years, and last year there was none. Maybe that is part of this initiative. Also, since they didn't raise prices this year its politically viable. They don't look greedy.
I was on the list since 2000. Got my tix the year after Tebow. (Manning's first year.)
Natedogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:01 AM   #66
D.B.
Paradigm Coordinator

Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DWill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
I was on the list since 2000. Got my tix the year after Tebow. (Manning's first year.)
I don't remember when I originally sign on, but probably 2003 or there abouts.
D.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:17 AM   #67
denflyer
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The Broncos encourage their season ticket holders to sell tickets on the NFL ticket exchange directly linked to their account and also allow ticket forwarding to friends and via the account manager. No where in the season ticket agreement does it even state the requirement that a season ticket holder is required to personally attend one game.

Cancelling accounts for people whom sold their tickets on the exchange or forwarded them is unacceptable. These are provided by the Broncos, yet they are then used as the basis for season ticket account holder cancellation. Those whom pay for the tickets should use them as they see fit.
denflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:25 AM   #68
Ol#7
Ring of Famer

Quote:
She's always responsive.

Pretty much this. A buddy of mine jumped on the waitlist in 2012, he was over 39,000 and has only dropped a couple hundred spots since then.

Basically, with the exchange/secondary market buyers who never go for whatever reason/move out of the area, whatever, suddenly have a revenue stream for doing nothing and people never move off the wait list because of the secondary market. Eventually, and I think this is what concerns the team, you weaken demand. If you can never get tickets, and have no shot at ever getting tickets (At that rate he'd get tickets in about 500 years or so), then people just give up, don't go on the wait list and remove it as a possibility.
Ol#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:26 AM   #69
Ol#7
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by denflyer View Post
The Broncos encourage their season ticket holders to sell tickets on the NFL ticket exchange directly linked to their account and also allow ticket forwarding to friends and via the account manager. No where in the season ticket agreement does it even state the requirement that a season ticket holder is required to personally attend one game.

Cancelling accounts for people whom sold their tickets on the exchange or forwarded them is unacceptable. These are provided by the Broncos, yet they are then used as the basis for season ticket account holder cancellation. Those whom pay for the tickets should use them as they see fit.
They can and did. They just don't have any guarantee that they will get the option to buy future seasons. That is something the team can do, 'As they see fit.'

Last edited by Ol#7; 03-14-2017 at 09:32 AM..
Ol#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:37 AM   #70
Vottomatic19
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

How does one see what place they are in line for season tickets? I'm on my account manager page and don't see that option anywhere.
Vottomatic19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:26 PM   #71
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vottomatic19 View Post
How does one see what place they are in line for season tickets? I'm on my account manager page and don't see that option anywhere.
You have a priority number, but that won't ever tell you where you're at in line. I've never saw any way outside of just emailing the ticket office (when I was on the list)
Old 03-14-2017, 12:31 PM   #72
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol#7 View Post
Pretty much this. A buddy of mine jumped on the waitlist in 2012, he was over 39,000 and has only dropped a couple hundred spots since then.

Basically, with the exchange/secondary market buyers who never go for whatever reason/move out of the area, whatever, suddenly have a revenue stream for doing nothing and people never move off the wait list because of the secondary market. Eventually, and I think this is what concerns the team, you weaken demand. If you can never get tickets, and have no shot at ever getting tickets (At that rate he'd get tickets in about 500 years or so), then people just give up, don't go on the wait list and remove it as a possibility.
Yeah, you're right. It's just not in the team's interest to have a large chunk of tickets locked up by non-fans who never attend.

But this is a very imperfect way to make that determination. And hopefully they're very careful with the granting of exceptions for people with health issues and life circumstances. At the very least, they should've kept mailing the paper tickets if they wanted to police this better.

This stuff kinda managed itself when you had bad/mediocre years because nobody's going to volunteer to repeatedly lose money on tickets they don't really personally want. In reality this is mostly a product of 5 straight years of success.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:55 AM   #73
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeBroncos View Post
Long time reader here, first time I've posted. So I attended my first Bronco game in 1977 and I've had season tickets for 31 years - the Broncos took them away last night. Some background, for those 31 years I typically went to 5-6 games a year and gave the rest to friends. When the ticket exchange was introduced it was a convenient way to sell the tickets for those games I couldn't attend. I sold probably 1-2 games a year during the Peyton years but last year was a tough time. Three kids all playing sports, broke my ankle in a stupid softball game, life happens. I probably would have made the last two games but was on vacation for the Pats and on a ski trip on New Years. So yeah, I sold all my tickets last year. I'm sure at this point all the empathetic people here will say I got what I deserved but here are my issues:

1) I sold the tickets using the exchange that they advertise and support. Anyone with season tickets knows how easy it is to sell tickets from your Broncos account manager. It's built into their site. And they got 10% of everything I sold. There is nothing to indicate they would have any issue with what I did. If this had been an existing policy, fine, but to retroactively apply this policy is, to me, crazy.

2) Had I sold these tickets personally or on ebay/stubhub, I'd still have my tickets. Because I used the service they provide, I'm losing my tickets. Again, this is crazy.

3) I've had these tickets for 31 years. No warning or notice, I just lose my tickets? Because one year life got in the way of attending football games?

I also think it's pretty cowardly of them to send this at 5:30 on a Friday, right after their ticket office closed for the weekend. Anyway, that's it for me as a fan. We've packed up our Bronco gear are headed to Goodwill. Like I said, I'm sure many here will say I got what I deserve but whatever. Empathy is scarce thing nowadays. I just think it's a crappy way to treat a 31 year season ticket holder. Here's the letter I got for those interested:

Thank you for your support of the Denver Broncos and your interest in renewing season tickets. As you are aware and as stated in our season ticket agreement, Broncos season tickets are revocable licenses granted on a yearly basis at the sole discretion of the club. Therefore, the purchase of previous season tickets does not guarantee the ability to secure future season tickets.

After careful review and consideration of your account activity, we have determined that you did not personally use your tickets for even a single game in 2016. As a result, we regretfully inform you that your season ticket license will not be renewed.

Thank you again for your support of the Denver Broncos.

Sincerely,

Denver Broncos Football Club
Why should we give empathy to a coward who is afraid to post under there regular name? I'm glad you lost your tickets and I would bet there is more to the story. You come to a forum for sympathy yet take subtle jabs even though you claim to be a first time poster. Broncos were in the right to say don't let the door hit you in the ass!
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:23 PM   #74
ByeBroncos
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Why should we give empathy to a coward who is afraid to post under there regular name? I'm glad you lost your tickets and I would bet there is more to the story. You come to a forum for sympathy yet take subtle jabs even though you claim to be a first time poster. Broncos were in the right to say don't let the door hit you in the ass!
What the **** are you talking about moron? Is DENVERDUI55 your actual name? You have some ****ed up parents. And no, there is not more to the story, for one year I couldn't make it to a game and they took my tickets. I used their service and they took my tickets. If I had used a scalper or 3rd party service, I'd still have my tickets. I've been to over 200 Broncos games in my life so go **** yourself. This was a cash grab by the Broncos. If you don't see that you are, again, a ****ing moron.
ByeBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:35 AM   #75
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeBroncos View Post
What the **** are you talking about moron? Is DENVERDUI55 your actual name? You have some ****ed up parents. And no, there is not more to the story, for one year I couldn't make it to a game and they took my tickets. I used their service and they took my tickets. If I had used a scalper or 3rd party service, I'd still have my tickets. I've been to over 200 Broncos games in my life so go **** yourself. This was a cash grab by the Broncos. If you don't see that you are, again, a ****ing moron.
Boo who. Let me create a fake name and go whine about it on a message board. Did your dad not give you enough attention?
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote