The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2017, 01:27 PM   #76
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Just finished Last of us Remastered. Never played it before and it's truly a moving, beautifully written narrative.

And I am SOOOOO ready for Andromeda.

On a more important note, I wanted to speak to the "grown ass men don't play videogames" comment. I am now playing the new King's Quest series with my five year old daughter. I first played it when I was five, and now I'm seeing her do the same thing. I bribe her to practice her reading, math and chores and in exchange we sit down and play together. Actually it's mostly me watching her play. It's been so awesome bringing her into my world.

I firmly believe that men like what they like usually by the time they're 12-13. We like toys, games, hot girls, certain foods/candy, sports and acting awesome. Being a "man" is more about being "an adult" where you do what other adults do that are not respective of gender: Pay bills, work, be accountable, safeguard your family and their future, and generally stop being as self-centered and start acting more altruistically.

The difference between a "real man" and whatever the "bad" version of that is to me is more about personal integrity than about how you spend your free time, what alcoholic beverage you drink, or what media you consume.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:30 PM   #77
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Indeed, playing Lego Star Wars with my 7 year old has been fun for me and her.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:33 PM   #78
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

I haven't had a console since a few months before the PS3 Slim came out. I kind of miss playing Skyrim and such (great game), but with doing creative design and writing on a computer for 8-10 hours a day, I have a very hard time spending my free time in front of a screen.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:34 PM   #79
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Ah ha
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:35 PM   #80
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:

I'm still trying to get a NES MINI. They are really pissing me off only releasing a few at a time. Some of us have jobs and can't wait outside a store at 7am to bum rush it. Stupid fools.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:36 PM   #81
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

3-13 please

Quote:
Just finished Last of us Remastered. Never played it before and it's truly a moving, beautifully written narrative.

On a more important note, I wanted to speak to the "grown ass men don't play videogames" comment. I am now playing the new King's Quest series with my five year old daughter. I first played it when I was five, and now I'm seeing her do the same thing. I bribe her to practice her reading, math and chores and in exchange we sit down and play together. Actually it's mostly me watching her play. It's been so awesome bringing her into my world.

I firmly believe that men like what they like usually by the time they're 12-13. We like toys, games, hot girls, certain foods/candy, sports and acting awesome. Being a "man" is more about being "an adult" where you do what other adults do that are not respective of gender: Pay bills, work, be accountable, safeguard your family and their future, and generally stop being as self-centered and start acting more altruistically.

The difference between a "real man" and whatever the "bad" version of that is to me is more about personal integrity than about how you spend your free time, what alcoholic beverage you drink, or what media you consume.
I have to play Last of Us I started it and never played it since. It was sad but, really cool story.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:41 PM   #82
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
I'm still trying to get a NES MINI. They are really pissing me off only releasing a few at a time. Some of us have jobs and can't wait outside a store at 7am to bum rush it. Stupid fools.
NES emulators are so solid and simple that I'm not sure why everyone is bothering. I guess the controller is maybe the most accurate you'll find?
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:45 PM   #83
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
NES emulators are so solid and simple that I'm not sure why everyone is bothering. I guess the controller is maybe the most accurate you'll find?
Dude it's 60 bucks it has 50 of the most popular games ( less tetris ) it's tiny and easily packed and yes the controller makes the deal.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:52 PM   #84
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:

Completely agree, it is a great game. Very short though but it is one of those games where the developers really spent time on all the nuances to make it just fun to play and to get lost in the story/environment.

Related to that, I'm getting done reading The Girl With all the Gifts which came out at the same time and is essentially the exact same idea so if you enjoyed the game, read he book/watch the movie.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:53 PM   #85
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Zelda: A Link to the Past goes for like $30-$50 at game shops or online. I tried selling mine at a garage sale 10 years ago (after HS) for $5 and nobody bit. Gonna sell that soon. Found it the other day.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:54 PM   #86
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Yeah I just killed 100 zombies the last hour......
Attached Images

DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:01 PM   #87
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Zelda: A Link to the Past goes for like $30-$50 at game shops or online. I tried selling mine at a garage sale 10 years ago (after HS) for $5 and nobody bit. Gonna sell that soon. Found it the other day.
I bought a used SNES sometime awhile back. Don't have any games for it anymore though. I think my sister took the old one we had at the house growing up... and all the games. Pawn shops don't seem to keep them around anymore, which is weird. The carts are usually worth more than 3-YO Xbox/PS games.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:14 PM   #88
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I bought a used SNES sometime awhile back. Don't have any games for it anymore though. I think my sister took the old one we had at the house growing up... and all the games. Pawn shops don't seem to keep them around anymore, which is weird. The carts are usually worth more than 3-YO Xbox/PS games.
A few years ago when I was in ridiculous medical debt because of kidney crap, I pawned off an original NES and 2 SNES with about 10 games and only came out with $100 bucks or so. They tried selling everything at about 3.5x what they gave me.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:30 PM   #89
v2micca
This is the Water

and this is the well.

Quote:

Yeah, the run on classic NES and sNES games began only a few years ago. Up until around 2010 you could still get classic NES cartridges for fairly cheap. Then you started see the rise of nostalgia play-throughs on youtube and demand for the things just exploded.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:33 PM   #90
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

My 10 year old boy got a PS4 for XMAS last year and we took his old PS3 and about 20 games for trade in. I think they gave us 100 bucks. I said no thanks I'll just donate them to a local charity that can give them to some needy kids.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:34 PM   #91
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Awesome man. I have The Last Of Us and King's Quest in my backlog of games to get to. Come tomorrow with Horizon Zero Dawn coming out, they may wait a bit.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:49 PM   #92
muninoel
Pro Bowler

NFL Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
What is the magic age when adults should quit playing video games?
My wife says I'm too old to be playing video games at almost 50. I told her if I loved it in my 20's, 30's and 40's, why should 50's, 60's, 70's and hopefully further out be any different?
muninoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:54 PM   #93
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
I haven't had a console since a few months before the PS3 Slim came out. I kind of miss playing Skyrim and such (great game), but with doing creative design and writing on a computer for 8-10 hours a day, I have a very hard time spending my free time in front of a screen.
This. I miss gaming but after staring at a screen for eight hours a day I just don't play much anymore.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:55 PM   #94
muninoel
Pro Bowler

NFL Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
When you start taking your family out in the wilderness and show them the world while playing 3rd person shooter games let me know. GROWN MEN have no business wasting their life playing stupid ass video games. That is just my opinion which I'm allowed to have. I can't stand people who lock themselves inside and play video games on end and only see daylight when going outside to smoke.
Like everything else in life, one has to find the balance that works for them. I have a set limit on how long I play (usually when no one else is home), and somehow I still managed to get a degree, work 40 hours a week, be married for 25 years, raise 2 kids to adulthood, work a great job, go hunting and fishing when I want, walk the dog, hike, etc etc etc etc. Like I said, a balance. Why does someone else's actions make it so you can't stand them? Do you think they really care what you think? Worry about you and your family and stop trying to tell other people how they should live their lives.
muninoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 04:41 PM   #95
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I have to play Last of Us I started it and never played it since. It was sad but, really cool story.

Naughty Dog did a phenomenal job with The Last of Us. The ending especially is moving. I don't think I've ever played a "zombie" style game that was hauntingly beautiful in its quiet moments. I'll never look at giraffes the same way.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 04:46 PM   #96
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

I am so ready for Andromeda and that sweet space banging. Seriously, I'm just happy to have another Mass Effect, and just seeing the frigging game play trailers on youtube on my TV is so beautiful. It looks smooth, and clean and awesome. (IMO, of course).

The Last of Us is one of the few games I could not just sit and play through. Just the opening alone, I had to stop for the day after what happens there. Like holy ****, naughty dog...don't hold anything back at all. I suspect the sequel is going to be just as heart wrenching. I can't wait for that, either.

And then throw in Shadow of War...I showed my mom the reveal trailer and she commented video games look so realistic now, she seriously thought for a second I was showing her a movie trailer.

Old 02-27-2017, 04:54 PM   #97
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer

"...we're making ways to win."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
E. Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
Naughty Dog did a phenomenal job with The Last of Us. The ending especially is moving. I don't think I've ever played a "zombie" style game that was hauntingly beautiful in its quiet moments. I'll never look at giraffes the same way.

It really was fantastic. Uncharted 4 was great and beautiful, but not as emotive. The Last of Us is probably the best game I've ever played. I had my wife watch a youtube cutup of the cut scenes all slpiced together and she thought it made a pretty good show too.
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:06 PM   #98
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBladerunner View Post
It really was fantastic. Uncharted 4 was great and beautiful, but not as emotive. The Last of Us is probably the best game I've ever played. I had my wife watch a youtube cutup of the cut scenes all slpiced together and she thought it made a pretty good show too.

I think Uncharted in general is a completely different vibe. Another favorite series of mine. But The Last of Us...that was a completely different level. Usually in games like that, you do not get emotional depth with it, and it seemed like ND set out to create an emotional story that so happens to have world ending events occurring at the same time. Fantastic.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:30 PM   #99
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I had a birthday party for myself a few days ago, and I mentioned that I finished The Last of Us and two of my friends there also mentioned they couldn't finish the game because of the emotional intensity of it. So apparently it's a normal thing. I would challenge those of you to do so. The game play is fun, and the story has an incredible arc. Just a warning, though. Extreme gut wrenching moments are all throughout. It's definitely the first game I played that I enjoyed where the dramatic cut scenes were the best part of the game.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 04:36 AM   #100
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I had a birthday party for myself a few days ago, and I mentioned that I finished The Last of Us and two of my friends there also mentioned they couldn't finish the game because of the emotional intensity of it. So apparently it's a normal thing. I would challenge those of you to do so. The game play is fun, and the story has an incredible arc. Just a warning, though. Extreme gut wrenching moments are all throughout. It's definitely the first game I played that I enjoyed where the dramatic cut scenes were the best part of the game.
I might have to finally get it after this semester.
ShiftyEyedWaterboy is offline   Reply With Quote