The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2017, 01:03 PM   #576
Gort
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
What do you play on? It's supposed to release to PC next month.
just my trusty old Xbox 360. i hook it up every once in a while a replay older games that were fun (Tom Clancy series of games, Halo series, GTA series, etc.). playing against the AI in Halo Wars is an easy way to kill an hour or two when i feel like it.

i'm a console gamer. i don't like gaming on a PC.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:04 PM   #577
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Is It Draft Day Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I still need to play through Grim Dawn. Who's down?
I've logged like 1500 hours in that game. Got it super early in early access years ago and it's one of the few games that the developers kept making better and better over time. Expansion should be out somewhat soon. Will probably return at that point. Liked it more than PoE, though I largely played both solo.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:06 PM   #578
Gort
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
The review I saw said it was pretty good (better than the first one), but that the campaign is brain dead easy. Supposedly there's tougher content afterwards.
Destiny was all about multiplayer and the raids, i think. i guess Destiny 2 will be the same way.

i had an interest in The Division, which was trying to replicate the Destiny formula, but they had some problems and bugs they didn't get fixed quickly enough and the game sort of died out. i'll have to google it and see what the status is on that. it looked like it would have been a lot of fun, but if 13-year olds were using cheats or bugs to snipe you in the dark zone while they were invisible, i can see why people got frustrated and left the servers. i wonder if those were all fixed

Last edited by Gort; 09-07-2017 at 01:12 PM..
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:09 PM   #579
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The review I saw said it was pretty good (better than the first one), but that the campaign is brain dead easy. Supposedly there's tougher content afterwards.
I picked it up but barely got to play it yesterday. The first couple missions were pretty cake. But most of D1's story missions were anything but difficult, so I guess I didn't find that very surprising.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:14 PM   #580
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Quote:
I picked it up but barely got to play it yesterday. The first couple missions were pretty cake. But most of D1's story missions were anything but difficult, so I guess I didn't find that very surprising.
As a person who only played Legendary on Halo games (except Halo 2 - Jesus) I find this to be really lame. I'm guessing it's like being forced to play Halo on normal. Being a PC gamer I haven't played Destiny admittedly.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:19 PM   #581
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
As a person who only played Legendary on Halo games (except Halo 2 - Jesus) I find this to be really lame. I'm guessing it's like being forced to play Halo on normal. Being a PC gamer I haven't played Destiny admittedly.
Well the long-term draw with Destiny is usually public strike or event based (or PvP) so this is probably more like a mandatory training wheels session than the meat of the game.

The story seems better so far. But that's not really going to carry anyone very far. It'll probably be all about what comes after.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:26 PM   #582
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Witcher 3 is so good. I feel like America when they finally came around on Adele. It's been over for two years and I'm all "What a great game!" lol

Also this made me cry:

Also, I have all the armors except Manticore. Level 35. Already have the Enhanced Griffin set ready for when I ping to 26.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:32 PM   #583
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

I'm presently on my fourth playthrough on the Witcher 3 lol. It's one of favorite games of all-time. Running lots of mods to fix the little flaws though, difficulty being the biggest one. Double monster damage on Death March feels great to me.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 02:32 PM   #584
Ragnar
Perennial Pro-bowler

hate them chiefs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
If you want it for literally just Zelda, play on Wii U (Stronger hardware, better graphics)
I bought mine just for Zelda, but I also didn't own a Wii U. And it didn't make much sense to Downgrade. I also bought mine with knowing some of the titles in the 2nd wave that I just had to had. Metroid 4 put me over the edge.

Digging Zelda.

Also: Sonic Mania. It really truely is a way to remember what it's like to feel 11 again. Fantastic little game.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:39 PM   #585
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This is pretty funny to anyone following the whole Battlefront II pay to win controversy.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:05 PM   #586
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Playing the new South Park game. It's pretty good. Almost the same as the last one . Different story line . I really liked the last one though so I'm good with that. It's worth the buy
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:13 PM   #587
v2micca
This is the Water

and this is the well.

Quote:
I remember the insane difficulty level of Legendary in Halo 2. My friend and I had been playing cooperatively on the hard difficulty (one level below legendary) and had become reasonably efficient at it. We then attempted Legendary and holy God......Grunts were trashing us, Elites were invulnerable demi-gods. And this was only Halo 2 that went insane on the Legendary difficulty setting. It actually changed the game from a run and gun styled shooter to a deliberate tactical shooter. None of the other Halo games did this. Freaking urban legend at this point.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:15 PM   #588
v2micca
This is the Water

and this is the well.

[QUOTE=BroncoBeavis;5115269]This is pretty funny to anyone following the whole Battlefront II pay to win controversy.

Why are you compounding my pain? I was actually kind of looking forward to Star Wars Battlefront II until I remembered that EA was publishing it.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:17 PM   #589
v2micca
This is the Water

and this is the well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Witcher 3 is so good. I feel like America when they finally came around on Adele. It's been over for two years and I'm all "What a great game!" lol

Also this made me cry:

Also, I have all the armors except Manticore. Level 35. Already have the Enhanced Griffin set ready for when I ping to 26.
Yeah, when you blatantly rip off Michael Moorcock, you can create a compelling game. Who knew?
Old 11-15-2017, 04:20 PM   #590
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
This is pretty funny to anyone following the whole Battlefront II pay to win controversy.

Not just Battlefront. They do it in all of their games. Mass Effect, Battlefield(s). Spend $60 to get a game (Battlefront II) you need to spend 1200 hours grinding in (but only 3 unlocks a day...) or an additional $2100 on to unlock everything.

And EA thinks this is what people want.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:23 PM   #591
v2micca
This is the Water

and this is the well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
Not just Battlefront. They do it in all of their games. Mass Effect, Battlefield(s). Spend $60 to get a game (Battlefront II) you need to spend 1200 hours grinding in (but only 3 unlocks a day...) or an additional $2100 on to unlock everything.

And EA thinks this is what people want.

Unless consumers start showing them otherwise with their spending, they are going to continue believing that their model is validated. You want to make a change? Don't buy the game. Don't buy any EA game. Trying to convince as many of your friends and colleague as possible not to buy EA games until they finally start changing their practices.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:30 PM   #592
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
Unless consumers start showing them otherwise with their spending, they are going to continue believing that their model is validated. You want to make a change? Don't buy the game. Don't buy any EA game. Trying to convince as many of your friends and colleague as possible not to buy EA games until they finally start changing their practices.

Mass Effect Andromeda was the last EA game I will buy. I was not thrilled they rolled out ME:A the way it was at release. I was not thrilled when stories broke that the game (allegedly in development for 5 years) did not exist nearly 7 months prior to its release (a release they delayed twice). I was not thrilled when they said they would support ME:A, and left the storylines dangling at the end of the game and then decided NOT to release single player campaign DLC to complete their story. And they lost me completely when they decided the multiplayer was why people bought Mass Effect Andromeda in the first place...

So...when I see Battlefront II ( a very pretty game. Dice did good work with it) I felt sad. Because all I saw was cash being sucked out of my pocket to fuel EA. If they could figure out a way to cram microtransactions into their sports titles (which they may have already done. I no longer play EA sports titles) they would. Which is sad to me. Games should be a medium for story telling. Not the best way to separate people from their money as fast as possible before the players realized they got suckered. Not every ****ing game has to be a MMO.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:43 PM   #593
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter

I’ve never been more disappointed in a game than Mass Effect Andromeda. It was a total disaster, the stories were crap and the characters were nothing like the original crew. It was a joke and a cash grab by EA.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:03 PM   #594
Powderaddict
Saw Lady Gaga

Treasonous Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Mario Odyssey is as good as everyone is saying. Nintendo is making some great games right now.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:06 PM   #595
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Iíve never been more disappointed in a game than Mass Effect Andromeda. It was a total disaster, the stories were crap and the characters were nothing like the original crew. It was a joke and a cash grab by EA.
MEA with the latest patches is a good game. I also liked the story but it would have been a GREAT game of they hadn't have dicked us over and delivered the DLC like they were literally saying they were going to do just days before they said they wouldn't. What's not to love with the story? Flee the Milky Way to escape the Reapers only to find they were grossly over confident? I think it's a great start to a series but unfortunately it's a series we will likely never see finished. Like finding a great book that sets up a sequel cliffhanger then discovering the author has no intention of finishing it.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:47 PM   #596
FireFly
Ring of Famer

We're a season away

Throwing some shade at EA

Last edited by FireFly; 11-15-2017 at 06:49 PM..
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:18 AM   #597
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Picked up an Oculus Touch for Christmas this year when they were on sale for $350.

Anyone else messing around with VR? It's a real attention getter from the non-gamers in the family.

Also been playing Shadow of War quite a bit. It's pretty solid for anyone who liked Shadow of Mordor, if a lot more of the same-ish.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:33 AM   #598
OmegaBronco13
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Picked up an Oculus Touch for Christmas this year when they were on sale for $350.

Anyone else messing around with VR? It's a real attention getter from the non-gamers in the family.

Also been playing Shadow of War quite a bit. It's pretty solid for anyone who liked Shadow of Mordor, if a lot more of the same-ish.
Can't get into the idea of putting something on my head.

I did pick up a 49" curved Samsung CHG90 QLED monitor. It's like having 2 27" monitors fused together. Pretty sweet.
OmegaBronco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:40 AM   #599
OmegaBronco13
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I got my 14 year old who's been raised on video games one of those Atari multi games consoles and beat his butt in some old football, warlords and combat.
OmegaBronco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:53 AM   #600
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post
I got my 14 year old who's been raised on video games one of those Atari multi games consoles and beat his butt in some old football, warlords and combat.

My buddy got 2 of those for Christmas. The handheld and the "console" ish one. Looked pretty fun. Has the old school remote too.