The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2018, 06:30 PM   #476
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
"No Fate"

"Come with me if you want to live."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:12 PM   #477
Powderaddict
Couches - not even once!

Treasonous Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Devontae Booker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
For someone who doesn’t care you sure come back to this thread with responses.

This is what an offseason does to us.
You need to read slower or something.

I said I don't care if some knob on the internet agrees with me or not. I didn't say I didn't care about the subject.

It's like you don't even read the post, just a couple words
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:22 PM   #478
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
You need to read slower or something.

I said I don't care if some knob on the internet agrees with me or not. I didn't say I didn't care about the subject.

It's like you don't even read the post, just a couple words

I usually dont. Cause most the time it just resembles stirred up alphabet soup.

(I’m just ****ing with you)

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 06-22-2018 at 07:27 PM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:26 AM   #479
Powderaddict
Couches - not even once!

Treasonous Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Devontae Booker

Quote:
I usually dont. Cause most the time it just resembles stirred up alphabet soup.

(I’m just ****ing with you)
Well, that's true, I suppose I can't bame you for that.

Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:12 AM   #480
Guess Who
Ring of Famer

Case Keenum breaks down 'Minneapolis Miracle' for Broncos fans

With no timeouts left and 10 seconds on the clock, Keenum broke the huddle by telling his teammates he was going to give one of them a chance. The quarterback described the level of fatigue around him given Minnesota had just run the same play moments before.

All of Keenum's receiving options had been instructed to get out of bounds as quickly as they could. Upon connecting with Diggs, Keenum described how Saints rookie safety Marcus Williams' botched tackle was the reason the receiver was able to find a clear route to the end zone.

"I just threw it to the sideline," Keenum said. "I remember I lost vision of him a little bit behind my right guard and I couldn't really see. I knew the ball came out of my hand really, really well. Sometimes it comes out good, and this came out great -- I knew it was right where I wanted to put it. But I couldn't see where Stefon was. And all of a sudden I see Stefon's hands, his white gloves, just coming out of nowhere, and I'm like, 'He's gonna catch this ball.' And he catches it.

"And I tell you, I've been in some loud stadiums, but ... they went crazy. I mean it was nuts. It was the loudest I've ever heard. I've been in Seattle, I've been in Kansas City, where they set the world record for loudest outdoor stadium, but it was loud. It was so loud."

complete article
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:13 AM   #481
Guess Who
Ring of Famer

Case Keenum: the hero Broncos Country needs right now

A team desperate for leadership, stability, and competence at the quarterback position gets just that with Case Keenum.

John Elway:
“I think his presence and the type of person he is and the leadership that we’re going to get out of that position is going to be huge.”

“[W]e were all in agreement that Case was going to be the target. He’s the best fit for us, and with his leadership qualities, if you look at Case’s history and what he’s done, he’s come through a lot being undrafted but he’s battled his way through everything. Everything we thought that Case had—not only what he can do on the field but what he can do off the field as far as leadership qualities, the grit that he has, the way that he plays the game and the way that he competes—he was the perfect fit for us.”
Vance Joseph:
“It’s definitely a good thing to watch him lead the guys and watch the guys respond to him. It’s refreshing for all of us to be in the presence of a veteran quarterback who has command. I think everyone is loving the fact we have a quarterback in place that can lead this team from spot 1, and that’s good for all of us.”
Bill Musgraves:
“He’s a winner, number one. He approaches every day the same way—professional. Very much into it, and I think the guys have very much rallied around both on offense and on defense just because he’s the same guy every day. He’s consistent and definitely cares about his teammates.”

complete in-depth article
Old 06-27-2018, 02:26 AM   #482
Johnny Football
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Off-season stories about the potential of this offense, the leadership of the new quarterback, and optimism on all things surrounding the team do not mean anything. Von Miller talked glowingly about how much we improved on offense from 2016 to 2017 pointing out experience gained by Trevor, the improvements on the offensive line with Watson, and raved about Mike McCoy, it was all blind hope. At this point of the off-season everyone is confident about their team, everyone has a fresh start, and as excited as I am for football, realistically our offensive line is bad, we are mediocre at quarterback, and the running back room is average. I personally don't see this offense doing much, and I hope I am proven wrong this year, but I am not that hopeful.
Johnny Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:52 AM   #483
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Football View Post
Off-season stories about the potential of this offense, the leadership of the new quarterback, and optimism on all things surrounding the team do not mean anything. Von Miller talked glowingly about how much we improved on offense from 2016 to 2017 pointing out experience gained by Trevor, the improvements on the offensive line with Watson, and raved about Mike McCoy, it was all blind hope. At this point of the off-season everyone is confident about their team, everyone has a fresh start, and as excited as I am for football, realistically our offensive line is bad, we are mediocre at quarterback, and the running back room is average. I personally don't see this offense doing much, and I hope I am proven wrong this year, but I am not that hopeful.
"Realistically" all those things are still a step in the right direction going into this season. The Running back room is unproven, but talented. An average QB is a huge step up, the receiving options are numerous and talented, and at the very least the oline is getting adjusted and wasn't anywhere near as bad last season as people suggest.

Last season people were cautiously optimistic, but by mini camp it was nowhere near as positive. A lot of talk about getting a grasp on Mccoy's offense, which should have been a huge red flag. This year it has been about adjusting the scheme to the talent, and with a much more proven and experienced OC.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:03 AM   #484
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Those quotes by Elway, VJ, and Musgrave are alarming to me. Why would you ever want a QBOTF when you can sign a stable, tested journeyman? The staff has ptsd from Siemian and Lynch.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:58 AM   #485
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
Those quotes by Elway, VJ, and Musgrave are alarming to me. Why would you ever want a QBOTF when you can sign a stable, tested journeyman? The staff has ptsd from Siemian and Lynch.

What I got out of it is the stressing of leadership. This entire offseason has been that way. This is what happens when there is no leadership at the coaching level. They have to rely on the player to do it. We saw the 2017 draft class be led by a leaderless coaching staff and that turned out exactly how it would. Vets complaining about entitled kids. Keenum is supposed to change that? That’s a lot to ask from him while he’s learning to play for this team.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:39 AM   #486
Omnipicus
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It sounds exactly like what the Chiefs said about Alex Smith which led to a big nothing burger for 5 years.

The worst thing that can happen to you guys is Rosen or Allen being good.
Omnipicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:48 AM   #487
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnipicus View Post
Why? Neither of them are Broncos.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:08 AM   #488
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
It sounds exactly like what the Chiefs said about Alex Smith which led to a big nothing burger for 5 years.
The difference is the Broncos wouldn't keep that QB around for 5 years.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:12 AM   #489
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:

No the worst thing that would happen is if they followed the Chiefs by keeping Keenum the starter several years too many.

IF Keenum is a nothing burger There is no way they resign him after after 2 years. So “5 years” is really “2 years” which is nothing like what the Chiefs did.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:15 AM   #490
Omnipicus
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No the worst thing that would happen is if they followed the Chiefs by keeping Keenum the starter several years too many.

IF Keenum is a nothing burger There is no way they resign him after after 2 years. So “5 years” is really “2 years” which is nothing like what the Chiefs did.
This is true, but I think it’s also true that Elway is gunshy about drafting a QB after what happened to Lynch and Siemian.

If it doesn’t work out again he might be out of a job.
Omnipicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:31 AM   #491
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
This is true, but I think it’s also true that Elway is gunshy about drafting a QB after what happened to Lynch and Siemian.

If it doesn’t work out again he might be out of a job.

I think that had to do with the situation. If he didn’t get Keenum no doubt they use a 1st for a QB. If Darnold was there they would’ve taken him. That’s 2 roads that would’ve happened. Keenums short contract allows them avenues for new roads if he fails.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:05 PM   #492
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
There is little evidence that the QBOTF was available this year.

What was your plan?

We know what you dislike...you never mention what the viable option was.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:13 PM   #493
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Given the questions about this O-line we refused to fix during the offseason...it's questionable health, unproven starters, and lack of depth in particular...this might be the most important information yet posted about Keenum.

That's why the detractors who've already made their minds up about him will ignore it.

You can explain a lot based on system, defense, luck, etc...but how a QB performs under pressure is a rubber-meets-road signal that bears watching closely for good reason.

Last edited by footstepsfrom#27; 06-27-2018 at 02:03 PM..
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:25 PM   #494
Strip Sacked
Peanut Smasher

You're dead to me Peanut.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
E. Sanders

I see Keenum being very much like Plummer (and Alex Smith) in terms of what he can accomplish overall every year. Good for 9-10 wins a year, just good enough to keep the team relevant and maybe even impress with a Wildcard win here or there. Truthfully I don't think we can compete against the upper echelon of teams (top 4-5) with Case's skill set.
Strip Sacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:31 PM   #495
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post
I see Keenum being very much like Plummer (and Alex Smith) in terms of what he can accomplish overall every year. Good for 9-10 wins a year, just good enough to keep the team relevant and maybe even impress with a Wildcard win here or there. Truthfully I don't think we can compete against the upper echelon of teams (top 4-5) with Case's skill set.
Could you please list your upper echelon teams?
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:52 PM   #496
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post

Um...clearly all the good ones.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:21 PM   #497
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
There is little evidence that the QBOTF was available this year.

What was your plan?

We know what you dislike...you never mention what the viable option was.
I never suggested that there was an immediate alternative. But it will be interesting to follow Rosen's and Allen's trajectory. If either reach stardom then we'll look pretty stupid.

I just find it alarming that this franchise seems averse to developing a QB. Fans literally had to buy billboards, fly banners, and physically threaten Orton to get him off the field. Then there was the interest in Kaepernick and Sanchez. Then low-ceiling Siemian gets crowned for being considered safe at the time. Now Elway and co are preaching about Keenum's leadership and experience, like they are oblivious to what KC just went through with Cassel and Smith.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:38 PM   #498
Strip Sacked
Peanut Smasher

You're dead to me Peanut.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
E. Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Eagles (13-3)
Patriots (13-3)
Vikings (13-3)
Steelers (13-3)
—————
Rams (11-5)
Saints (11-5)
Panthers (11-5)

All the teams listed above have better QBs and run games. All very likely could pound our team into a pulp before the end of the 2nd Q. (See the Eagles game last November when we were down 31-9 by the half...)
Strip Sacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:58 PM   #499
jutang
Ring of Famer

Orange colored glasses, but Broncos got stronger at every position except CB this year.

Broncos' D is really stout against the run. Wolfe healthy, Gotsis still developing, though Peko might show his age this year. Chubb and Miller have no issues setting the edge. Interior pass rushing also should improve with Walker playing at his natural position, Shelby Harris in his prime. Biggest weakness was Davis having to cover TE and RBs. With Cravens that should eliminate that weakness (granted his motivation to play in the NFL is still a valid question mark).

Offense was significantly held back due to QB play. Even if Keenum plays average for an NFL starter it would be a huge step up. OL play should also be dramatically better as long as they stay healthy... Bolles is stronger and should naturally progress from his rookie season and having an actual RT will make it feel odd watching the broncos this year. Veldheer and Leary staying healthy will have the biggest bearing on how the Broncos offense will do especially with the Broncos wanting to be a running offense.

Barring major injuries, I see the Broncos having 11-12 wins this season.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:12 PM   #500
Guess Who
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Sure and the best thing that could happen is Keenum turns out to be a legitimate QB and Denver wins a SB.